J.P. Morgan Operations specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

MORTGAGE BANKING OPERATIONS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed within 25 minutes in was perfect timing and not boring at all, My interviewer was in l\her last week of pregnancy and she was very uncomfortable but it had nothing to do with me, she informed me that she had been having some light contraction all day, this was more than understandable.

Interview Questions

• HOW DO I FEEL ABOUT PIPELINE MANAGEMENT   1 Answer

Lead Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy as I already knew the manager. But they basically just ask you customer related questions, how you work with other people and customers. Also, if you can multi task as it is very much needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked me the most general questions, such as Excel skills and intern experience. You should be very familiar with your resume, even the smallest details because that is the only material they have on hand up to that time. They are very nice and good persons, and the talks are very friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Contact from recruiter, interviewed against immediate supervisor and immediate manager. Consisted of vauge, general business scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach difficult employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview

A group interview with two supervisors and a one on one interview with the manager

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Went through 3 interviews with different managers

Interview Questions

• Given different scenarios and asked how you would handle each one   Answer Question

Negotiation

Having just graduated I was excited to start a career and did not negotiate. When you get the offer letter/e-mail make sure to negotiate your starting salary.

Senior Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Monroe, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

The hiring process takes a while..... but once you are on for you interview you just answer the question honestly. The recruiter call back and offer the position explaining the perks. Background, I-9 paperwork, training class and you start !!! its that easy

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you to work for our company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lewisville, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a member of the management team from the department I would be placed in. My interview lasted over an hour but I was told that was longer than usual. They asked standard questions that you may encounter during any interview such as, What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What previous experience do you have that relates to this position? How experienced are you in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? Why would you be a good addition to Chase? What salary would you be satified with? etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Because I was referred by a current employee, I had an idea of what the salary range was and did my best to get a salary at the high end of that range. Considering I was interviewing for an entry level position, the salary range was quite low no matter what and there wasn't much room for negotiation.

Operations Specialist - Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westerville, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

First things first. There is always this pent up excitement that hangs like a thick cloud in the air. It is wise to let your interviewer know that this interview means a lot. Come prepared. Bring pen, notepad, resume, CV, make eye contact, smile, and shake their hand. It would be a good idea to ask for a business card. (So you can find email and send a thank you letter). Be positive, follow up, and give evidence of your good fit. Aside from skillset, the employer is asking him or herself, "Can I work with this person?" Project a big ol' YES!!!!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been fired or misplaced from an employer?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been charged or plead guilty to a misdemeanor? This can include something as simple as pleading guilty to an issued DUI.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiation should be explored later in the interview. Feel it out. Some HR members/interviewers find the initial question a tad cheeky. Therefore, the question must be articulated tactfully. For example, "Is there a cap for the salary on this position?" Don't be afraid to ask the difficult questions. Show genuine interest, and be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Arlington, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Long and tedious but, worth it

Negotiation

no negotiation it was take it or leave it