J.P. Morgan

2,512 Interview Reviews

2.9

Asset Management - Project Manager Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Week 1: The earlier offer didn't complete and I was offered another role that I applied in JP Morgan. The Interview was scheduled on December 7th 2009.

Week 2 : I was told that I got through the first interview and the next stage would be to attend a Pen & Paper test.

Week 3 : The interview was scheduled with Hiring manager and the Hiring manager didn't turn up because of bad weather.

Week 4 : being the week before Christmas, HR mentioned that it would be new year before I hear any news.

Week 6: Second week in January '10 and followed up with HR Co-ordinator on the potential dates for second interview. No response.

Week 7: HR Recruiter (Not the co-ordinator) responds all interview have been put on hold until end of month.

Week 9 , February 10: HR Recruiter nearly forgot about the role and responds, an offer was made to another candidate, without ever realising I actually attended a first interview and was through to second interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

met with the Head of the Desk, ED and VP and VP of another desk
    4h interview
    why sales, why you
    a lot of technical questions, went really in details, obviously if you choke on one question they will try to eff you up even more.

even though i didn't get the job, it helped a lot experience wise, i realised what i needed to work on and how they would actually conduct an interview of the kind.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

There was online testing, competency questions and then a first round interview at their offices in London. Also I had to submit my CV. I had previously undertaken an insight visit at JPM, but this didn't help at interview, although I think it was important in me being able to get to interview in the first place
    The first round interview consisted of two 45 minute competency based interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How much money would a buffet car on a train travelling from Glasgow to London make, on average   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Applied online and had an assessment centre day in their London office. It went almost perfectly but because they're the best you have to be perfect. I was let down by my performance in the Group Discussion despite the other areas scoring very highly.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Very well organised. Assessment centre was the best I've been too!
    First stage: 2 interviews - mostly competency based
    Second stage: 1 written technical exam + 2 technical interviews + group exercise + 1 written test + 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your boss was completely wrong and you knew about it.   Answer Question

Natural Adabas Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

JPMC have many rounds of interviews. Firstly there are 2 technical telephonic rounds.
    After clearing both rounds, you will need to travel (If Out of City) to their office for face to face rounds. First of all they will again take the technical written test. After 2 hours of written test, there were first Project Lead round and Project Manager Round. Even after all these interview rounds, interview process does not end here. If you clear all these face to face and technical written test, then you need to face the onsite client round.
    If you satisfy all of them, then only you will be given the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was their written test. I was having more then 100 questions to be solved.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2008.

I had to pass a series of Brain Bench tests to be considered for an interview. Then I had a technical phone interview which was quite challenging. Next, I was called in for a panel interview, where I was quizzed both verbally and by written test. Finally, I had one last interview with the hiring manager and project lead. All in all, it was quite an interview process!

Interview Questions
    • I was given some Cobol code that did not work. And I was asked to recode it so it was correct.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2008.

2 rounds:
    - 1st round: 1 numerical test and 2 one-to-one interviews with analysts or associates.
    - 2nd round: 1 presentation, 1 meeting with 4 other people in the assessment center (you need to defend your point of view on the presentation you did before), and 2 one-to-one interviews with associates or VPs.

Interviews contained brain teasers, background questions, motivations, behavioral questions, etc.. Check the Vault Guide to finance interviews to get prepared!

Interview Questions
    • You must defend this given point of view against the other candidates.   View Answer
    No negotiation at all.

Data Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

It has been a while really I tried to recall the process but I just couldnt. I remember I had 3 phone interviews and then finally interview with the hiring manager.