J.P. Morgan

2,249 candidate interviews

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker
Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

Interview Details – Take a personality test, take a intelligence test, interview with recruiter, interview with branch manager, interview with district manager, successfully pass background check, pass a drug test, go through months of training and licensing, then finally you make it to a branch

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – offer is offer.

Nassau, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – I did an online application and assestment. 2 days later, I was telephoned and interviewed by HR. 10 minutes later, she called back and set me up with an interview at one of the branches. I did not get the job.
1 1/2 weeks later, she called and set up an interview at the main branch with both nassau county district managers. The next week, she called and sent me out to interview at another local branch. After being told that I would have to work every Saturday, and 2 nights during the week, I told the mgr. that it would conflict with my priority as a mother of young children, and I would be very willing to do alternating Saturdays, or even 2-3 Saturdays back to back, but cannot commit to Saturdays as my regular day. He told me that all the branches are different, and he'd like to see me get into a branch as soon as possible. After thanking and saying goodbye, I expected a call back from HR. 1 week passed, no call. I called HR and asked if I were still being considered for the position. I was told that because I was sent out to 2 branches and not hired, I was eliminated from the position. She told me she sent out email to me, which I never did get. When I explained that on my first interview with the other branch, I was told that their schedule involves rotating Saturdays, and I know that working Saturdays was an issue at the last interview, she insisted that I'd have to be available each and every Saturday that I am asked to work, even if it means working each Saturday. She told me that the last branch mgr I interviewed with told her I "was not a good fit" for his branch. I was shocked, since he had told me he'd like to see me get into one of the other branches asap. When telling her of this, she told me that I am still in the database, and that this was a good thing, because now I can apply to any job posting in there. Uhhh....okay, maybe I'll apply to the position of bank CEO. Gee, I wonder if HR needs any help in their dept? Anyway, this was the worst interviewing experience of my life. It was torture getting through the interviews in the first place, since it was apparent that they just want to hear what you know you are supposed to say. Kiss all the butt you can, and then maybe they'll let you in. I just got another offer 4 1/2 blocks from my house, with a more personal bank, and the mgr there is a woman, who totally related to what my life was like as a working mother of young kids. So, thank God Chase didn't hire me since I ended up with a better opportunity. The overall process of interviewing for the banker role took 30 days to the day. But as far as Chase, you'd better be ready to be on call!

Midland Park, NJ

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Interview Details – Like talking to a stone wall. These are disturbed people. The questions asked had really no bearing on banking. It was more like interviewing for a used car sales position. Other workers told me to stay away. The whole process was so time consuming that it was just not worth it. The people are very unfriendly. Everyone treats you like a criminal.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experiences.   View Answer
  • How would you handle a negative response to your sales proposal.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offered very low pay with non specific incentives. Very vague about chance for advancement. Other employees made derogatory comments about being employed by this company. I also had previous experiences banking at chase and did not like what I saw. I felt very uncomfortable with the whole process. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2008.

Interview Details – I had to pass a series of Brain Bench tests to be considered for an interview. Then I had a technical phone interview which was quite challenging. Next, I was called in for a panel interview, where I was quizzed both verbally and by written test. Finally, I had one last interview with the hiring manager and project lead. All in all, it was quite an interview process!

Interview Question – I was given some Cobol code that did not work. And I was asked to recode it so it was correct.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had to interview with a recruiter over the phone one day after I applied online. She asked me very general questions that can be found in previous postings here. Then she gave me an appointment to meet with a branch manger who did not hire me for her branch but forwarded me on to the district manger for a third interview in which i was hired.

Interview Question – If you were so successful at your previous job why do you want coming here ?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – nothing

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2008.

Interview Details – 2 rounds:
- 1st round: 1 numerical test and 2 one-to-one interviews with analysts or associates.
- 2nd round: 1 presentation, 1 meeting with 4 other people in the assessment center (you need to defend your point of view on the presentation you did before), and 2 one-to-one interviews with associates or VPs.

Interviews contained brain teasers, background questions, motivations, behavioral questions, etc.. Check the Vault Guide to finance interviews to get prepared!

Interview Question – You must defend this given point of view against the other candidates.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Asset Management - Project Manager Vice President Interview

Asset Management - Project Manager Vice President
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Interview Details – Week 1: The earlier offer didn't complete and I was offered another role that I applied in JP Morgan. The Interview was scheduled on December 7th 2009.

Week 2 : I was told that I got through the first interview and the next stage would be to attend a Pen & Paper test.

Week 3 : The interview was scheduled with Hiring manager and the Hiring manager didn't turn up because of bad weather.

Week 4 : being the week before Christmas, HR mentioned that it would be new year before I hear any news.

Week 6: Second week in January '10 and followed up with HR Co-ordinator on the potential dates for second interview. No response.

Week 7: HR Recruiter (Not the co-ordinator) responds all interview have been put on hold until end of month.

Week 9 , February 10: HR Recruiter nearly forgot about the role and responds, an offer was made to another candidate, without ever realising I actually attended a first interview and was through to second interview.

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Analyst
Newry, PA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

Interview Details – Know your strengths. Be prepared to discuss how the company would benefit from your talents.
Assess why the position is important to you.
describe your accomplishments - never simply describe your job responsibilities.
Learn about the company and their business before the interview. You will be expected to ask questions. Take this opportunity to demonstrate that you took the initiative to learn about the company's business.

Interview Question – Golf balls in a stadium   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details – It has been a while really I tried to recall the process but I just couldnt. I remember I had 3 phone interviews and then finally interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How many 1X1 boxes can you put inside 100X100 large box?   View Answers (2)

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Applied online, take an assessment that probes your accounting/mathematic and sales ability.
2. Get a call, phone interview, then scheduled an interview with the branch manager where I was applying.
3. Interview with branch manager, easy. Just keep a positive attitude. Be prepared to prove yourself with a sales role play.
4.Got a call to schedule an interview with the district manager.
5. Interivew with the district manager, hard interview. Their facial expression will remain neutral. You cannot read them. They will see through you, even the strongest chain has a weak point, they'll identify it in 1 minute and drill you. The point is to make you uncomfortable. Be quick on the draw, never lose your personality. Come off as strong, confident, and knowledgeable. PREPARE. This is a SALES interview. Go online, search google/youtube "How to prepare for a sales interview." There are some youtube videos of "How to hire the right salesperson" , study them.
6. Was told I would here back the following week, if you made it you get a phone call, if you don't you get rejection email.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU JOB SEEKERS!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   View Answer
  • Who else have you applied with? Where else have you been looking?   View Answer
  • What do you say to a customer who wants something but says my budget is only "$X"???   View Answer
  • Give an example of how you helped drive sales?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!