J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 21, 2015
2,597 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Initial communications through agency were normal. Interview was well organised. Interview consisted of technical and team development questions. Was asked back for further HR interview which was only to discuss benefits. Received contract in post.

Interview Questions
    Not a lot of negotiation opportunity. I could probably have negotiated but I didn't feel like it. The offer was ok.

Associate Interview

Recruiter contact, online application.
    2 phone interviews before on site interview day.
    5-6 in person and conference call interviews on site the day of.
    On the on site portion I was placed in a conference room in one of their downtown (financial district offices) and the interviewers were brought in throughout the day to conduct the interviews.
    This was for a technical position and most questions reflected real business use cases faced in the past or that the team was currently facing.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would design an application system to maximize efficiency, minimize response time, and create the best user experience.   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There were two face to face interview. First one consist of basic questions on database, string manipulation and simple C pointer questions as well as behavioral questions.
    Second round had questions from Design patterns (a lot of them), brain teasers, and data structure and OOP questions.

Interview Questions
    • You have to know your design pattern questions up right, there are a lot.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - IB Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

Applied online, contacted for a phone interview with a member of their investment banking team. I was told I would hear back within a week, but didn't hear back for several weeks and was ultimately told the position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • I had worked at an IB before, so the entire interview was about some projects that I worked on there. Some questions were very specific regarding which multiples we chose to use and why. I thought I answered all questions completely and thoroughly.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Phone interview- more tell me about yourself and why do you want to do this internship
    This was at the analyst and associate level

Superday- mostly VPs and one MD this was for public finance so a lot of it had to do with them trying to discern if you really wanted to join their team or be somewhere better.

Interview Questions
    • What options would you tell a client they have for financing a new project?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Online application with no numerical test

Round 1: Competency based focussing on motivation, leadership, teamwork, ethical dilema, recent news.

Round 2: Similar to round 1 but with a brain teaser/estimate question, example to demonstrate resilience.

Group exercise: 30 min preps with 5 min presentation.

Interviewers were genuinely very nice, make you feel relaxed.

Global Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

they called me for an interview. it was three 20 minute interviews for a total of an hour. two were technical, one was behavioral. the technical ones varied in difficulty, and they asked very specific questions such as the current treasury rate on a ten year bond.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Through my career fair, had an onsite interview with two different half hour sessions and was pretty straightforward. They both were very considerate and answered all my questions and were very prompt in the feedback process.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Questions and some static variable question- very simple   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

First round 30-minute phone interview with a hiring manager. Nothing technical. Mainly behavioral questions. Candidates need to be familiar with their resume. Make sure to research about the firm and the program.

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

online application, followed by a phone interview and assessment centre. AC has a group exercise and 2 individual face to face interviews. Group exercise consists of 30 minutes reading and 40 minutes of discussion, followed by 15 minutes presentation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you ask the technology team to complete your project within a tight deadline?   Answer Question