J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 28, 2015
2,686 Interview Reviews

2.9

Applications Developer Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The worse interview process I have ever come across. The interview was scheduled on saturday morning at 10am; I reached on time; the 1st round which was suppose to be face 2 face interview turned out to be telephonic round and for that I had to wait for 3 and 1/2 hour. The question difficulty was average. There is no sign of any feedback from them after 4 days. If you have patience and energy to waste time you can choose to attend interviews at JP Morgan.

Interview Questions
    • Java Fundamentals, Strings and character array, class immutability, multithreading, collections   View Answer

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Half a day interview process. Applied online and did numerical, written and logical reasoning tests. The interview was divided into two sections: started with the competency-based interview which lasted for about 45 minutes-standard questions about leadership, teamwork,etc examples. The second section was harder: it was a psychometric interview. The best prep for this would be to practise case study interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many wedding dresses were made in the UK last year?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The first round was a Group Discussion round, where they asked me to describe myself, basically checking up on communication skills and confidence.
    The second round was the Aptitude test, which is a multiple choice question paper, on the clearance of which, I advanced to the next round.
    The third round was a Technical round, where my knowledge was tested. I was asked questions relating to derivatives, securities market, depreciation etc.. where I answered these appropriately and with confidence
    The final round was a HR round, where I was asked if I was okay to work in night shifts and why did I I want to choose JPM.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Two round interview. One was on campus and the other one was a super day. There will two back to back interview on super day. The difficulty of question mostly depends on who is the interviewer. Some of them prefer behavior question and some of the prefer tech question. Make sure you get prepare for both because you do not know who would be your interviewer on the Super Day. I interviewed last November but get no response after that.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most embarrass situation you have ever met?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First was the 1 hour presentation about the company. Then the started off with the interview process. First round was the aptitude round, followed by technical and lastly HR round. aptitude round was quite easy. But i have no idea for the rejection. They were very calm and composed. Finally only 7 candidates were selected for the job.

Interview Questions
    • basically finance related questions.I heard even the accountancy specialization students were being asked finance based questions. so better get prepared for it.   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online, scheduled a phone interview, and had my first-round interview with two employees working at the Syracuse University Lyman Hall office. Personally, they were very rude and fake when they were talking with me. I feel like their answers were forced and they were not genuine at all.

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Had online assessment and was then invited to interview round. Interview round consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Competency based which was pretty straight forward but had trick questions. Also had a maths question which on the spot seemed difficult. Took a bit of time in getting back.

Interview Questions
    • How did you economics major apply to your time at Accounting co-op   Answer Question

Private Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

I applied online via the company portal and my school recruiting website in December. I then had an on-campus and phone interview in late January. Heard back from the company a week later in which I was notified I would be moving on to a super day (and it would be two weeks after receiving the call). On super day I had 4 interviews; overall, the process was about 2.5 hours long. I was notified a week later that I received an offer to intern with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Talk to me about what is going on in the markets?
      How would you invest a clients assets?
      What do you think this position consists of?

Answer Question

EM Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

I had an Initial phone interview with HR rep and then a phone interview with hiring manager then a face to face interview. The whole process took about 5 days, but on boarding took another two weeks, while you get the results of drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about technology experience? Work done at other organizations.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate salary

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with 2 different recruiters. Both asked me an array of questions based on both my academic and career record. Both recruiters did give a very vivid explanation of the types of questions that they were going to ask. After the interview was over they told me exactly what to expect in the future and how long it would take them to come to a decision.

Interview Questions
    • What is a current event going on right now that you think has a direct impact on financial markets?   View Answer