J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

3,032 Interview Reviews

2.9

Financial Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

I have talked with their recruiter about this position on job fair and hand in my resume. Got interview invitation after 2 weeks. I have interviewed with three managers from different functions and each for 30 min. All behavioral questions and focused on resume. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What's your weakness? Tell me about your leadership experience?   Answer Question

Telephone Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very good and thorough interview process. You go through a phone interview, then a 90min interview with three different people. If selected you must pass drug/criminal background check which includes fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was their issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2011.

Interview

Pre-screened over phone by recruiter. On site interviews with direct manager and manager's manager. Very few questions about the actual role, mostly behavioral. Role title overshot actual role responsibilities by a good amount. For the most part an entry-level role consisting of data entry. Good for recent college grads looking to enter a large organization. Very little direct role growth or opportunity, but once in the company transfer is relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to choose between two tasks to complete due to time constraints. What drove your decision to choose this task?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviews with human resources, district manager and branch manager. All behavioral questions and i also went over my resume. What would you do if a costumer said this or that. Received offer in less than 3 weeks. Started working in a month and a half after sending resume and aplication.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a costumer asked for a fee to be waived   1 Answer

Vice President of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Falls Church, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a telephone interview with a representative from human resources. This was followed up with a one on one interview with who eventually would become my supervisor. I was then offered the position and assigned an onboarding individual. This person worked with me through gaining my background check and drug screening. Once they were clear, the obtained all of my credentials for me and scheduled my first day. They remained a point of contact for questions during my first 30 days of employment

Interview Questions

• What Did I find to the most intriguing and enjoyable part of my past employment position?   1 Answer

Senior Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Had 3 intense interviews before getting hired. Went through the behavioral phone interview. After that they flew me to New York City for the 'actual' interview. It wasn't too bad,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do investment banking?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First interview: 2 interviews approximately 30mins each. Final round: 2 interviews and a group exercise. The group exercise involved giving a presentation as a group having decided on a particular topic, where 4 topics were given as options. All interviewers followed a script of questions, which revolved around competencies. Each interview focused on 2 competencies and then asked several questions on each competency.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent news story that you have read about?   Answer Question

Vice President - Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was excellent. I had 6 interviews in total and enjoyed speaking with all the interviewers. I interviewed with the hiring manager, two members of the corresponding business units and two senior level leaders in the organization. I appreciated how prepared all the interviewers were.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on that did not go well.   1 Answer

Associate/Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

2 or 3 rounds of interviews. First round was with a VP and an ED, second round was with 2 different MDs. Dealing with HR was a hassle, i found the HR representative for be a terrible liason.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Easy, phone w/recruiter, in person 2 on 1 interview. Conversational, casual. Very easy interview. Basic questions how do you deal with stress, frequent changes, skip tracing experience what applications used.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified? Attendance at previous job?   1 Answer