J.P. Morgan

2,246 candidate interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews that were 30 minutes each. Both were fit questions where I talked about myself. The interviewers were MDs in the firm and were really nice. They were funny during the interview. They never asked any unusual questions or questions that would cause me to fidget and squirm.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you struggled.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation as I was going an analyst program.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Question – How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through Schools website, then also submitted application through JP's website. Was contacted for an initial phone interview which took approximately 30 minutes. The phone interview was more of a screening call to see if I knew what the job responsibilities were, what my experience was, if I was well spoken over the phone, etc. Following that, I came in to the office to do an on site interview, which consisted of 2 rounds of 2 people each. This was very experience based line of questions as well as how I would interact with clients. Received the offer the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, I got what I got.

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Senior Relationship Manager
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy; just the typical questions from the direct manager, actually he did most of the talking. In my case, I did not have to interview with the next level of management, but that is typically the requirement.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Chase? Do some research on the company; it does have a very interesting history.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Summer Technology Analyst
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Interview Details – Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Question – Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Real Estate Review Appraiser Interview

Real Estate Review Appraiser
Westmont, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via JP Morgan website and was initially contacted a week later for a brief phone interview. Five questions later I was scheduling a personal interview. When I arrived staff and management appeared very disorganized. Reception was not expecting me and had no idea who I was supposed to meet with. I ended up discussing the position with four different people (separately) and most were disorganized with little or no direction to each interview. I was offered the position over the phone a day later, but I had decided after my interview it was not the place for me.

Interview Question – One interviewer said, "I don't know who you'll be working for, but do you want to talk with anyone else?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The disorganization convinced me JP Morgan was not the place for me.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Question – Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – long interview. too many interviews. hard to contact. will not interview again. why did i ever apply to this job? they are making this process to long for nothing. why am i still typing a review for this company

Interview Question – what do you plan to do if you dont get this job?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Interview Question – Define "Operations."   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!