J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 18, 2014
2,432 Interview Reviews

2.9

Investment Management Interview

Applied through winning women program- phone screening then two interviews on location. they rotated me through different rooms. Interviews could be with one or two adults. The had a guided rubric of questions to ask you and scored you on the sheet 1 - 5

Interview Questions
    • What is the stock price of JPM right now? tell us about something you have been following in the markets   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

phone interview with manager and then interview with manager and district manager. after meeting for two hours i was hired within an hour after leaving and started working there 2 months later

take it or leave it

Financial Control Analyst Interview

First round it was a short phone interview, very basic background questions. Then second round, it was onsite interview with 3 interviewers, one by one. The questions asked by different interviewers were similar, no big difference. Such as why JP, why this position, your 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses, your short-term and long-term goals.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, very basic questions including some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through my university's career services. I only had one round of on-campus interviews with 2 senior analysts in the company, 30 minutes with each. Interviewers were very interested in my success and seemed like they wanted to help me find the right fit in the company. My impression is that the resume drop was screening for your skills, while the interview is helping find your place in the program.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about coding and why financial services. Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

This interview was a OCR. Overall the process took just about 4 weeks to receive an offer. I only had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. However, one of the interviewers just talked about what he did and barely asked me any questions. Overall, the interview was not too challenging if you just prepare enough.

Global Compliance Operations - Quality Testing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Contacted by recruiter, had two group interviews, received offer. Overall the process was easy to go through but the amount of time it took to make things happen was frustrating. Hiring managers/interviews were personable and were able to answer all questions I asked of them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult boss and why he/she was difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Recruiter said there is no flexibility.

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First round on-campus. Simple programming questions (Very simple for the CSE background), one question on data analysis related to Linear regression. He also asked me "How would you explain the Linear regression to the non- technical person?" Got the result after 3-4 weeks that I'm not invited for the next rounds.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain the Linear regression to the non- technical person?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and was offered an invitation to an event that I attended and had two interviews during. During the event we heard from upper level executives and toured the office.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you had two projects for different business clients due tomorrow (same date and time) but realistically did not have time to get them both done?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were working on a project due in two weeks and your boss left for vacation for two weeks and you realized a week into it that he had something you needed to complete the project?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Started the process through my university's career services center. Was contacted via email that I was selected for a first round interview. It was half an hour and consisted of behavioral STAR questions and what I knew about the firm. About a week later I received another email stating that I had been selected for their "Super Day" which would take place the next day. It was 4 hours long, consisting of 2 behavioral interviews with mid- and higher-level managers. The final exercise was a timed group (there were 9 other applicants with me) problem statement that we had to figure out and present to both of the recruiters and the personnel that conducted the behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult: The group problem statement.

Unexpected: What is the difference between traditional and wholesale commodities that we trade in?
        View Answer
    No negotiation. 2 weeks to respond. Hiring upon successful completion of drug test, fingerprinting, background check. Pretty standard for the industry.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Was referred by an employee to apply online. Fairly simple application form. Was invited to a phone interview which was not the typical HR generalist filter. It was with a junior associate, who focused almost exclusively on quantitative questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on dilution, valuation and financial accounting   Answer Question