J.P. Morgan

2,220 candidate interviews

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process quick and less than two weeks. There was phone interview and then group interview with the team face to face. The interview questions were mostly from my resume.

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Good interview and the interview person was polite and well-informed.The level of questioning increased progressively and the interviewer was giving a lot of options for the questions and the subject areas!

Very Easy Interview

AML Compliance Analyst - Contractor to Permanent Interview

AML Compliance Analyst - Contractor to Permanent
Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

Interview Details – They like to bring on new hires through staffing agencies.

When the contracting period ends---they will attempt to make you a permanent hire. They will offer you a substantially lower wage than what you were getting as a contractor. Be prepared negotiate your salary and to answer these following questions from the in-house recruiter:

1. What did you make last year?
2. What did you make the year before that?
3. What is your AML experience? (excluding this experience)

The amounts you give will dictate what you'll be offered.

If you don't take the offer, you'll contract will not be renewed. It's a take it or get fired type of scenario. So, you'll be replaced with newer contract workers that make more $ than you, the person who has been there for a period of time. It doesn't make sense and instills a sense of disloyalty, but this is what they do.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Insulted by offer amount, took a job elsewhere.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was scheduled in for a phone interview. From my understanding there was 2 phone interviews then a in person interview. You had to make it pass the first two get in person. The first interview was all technical questions. The only thing he asked outside of technical questions was about my resume.

Interview Question – A drop of water grows in a pond every second, it takes 60 seconds to fill the pond. How long does it take to fill 1/4 the ponds?   View Answers (2)

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through the company website. I was contacted very quickly after my application was submitted for an initial meeting with the HR recruiter. I had a total of six interviews, over the course of three weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing outside the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very reasonable.

Business Support Specialist II Interview

Business Support Specialist II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in January received a call and conducted a phone interview in February 2013 and interviewed in person the same month about 2 weeks later by 2 people and offered the position 03/05/13.

Interview Question – I was not presented with a question that i found to be difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was not hard had from for leverage to work with

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Private Bank Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Interview Details – Went through campus recruiting for the Private Bank Analyst across various teams. All the team members were very nice, except a senior woman who was falling asleep (literally could not keep her eyes open) from the moment she stepped into the room to the end, which was interesting... Ended up withdrawing from the process as there was another offer.

Interview Question – Questions were very qualitative i.e. how to invest 1M dollars   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Corporate Analyst Development Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school online. Contacted about three weeks later for a basic phone interview. Emailed a week or so later inviting me to come up to Chicago for a four-ish hour morning interview block. There were three or four 15 minute conversations (not especially difficult -- they were pretty nice people, actually), and then a six or seven person group activity. They called with an offer about 10 days later.

Interview Question – The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't the area I wanted to be in.

Network Support Analyst Interview

Network Support Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I started off as a contractor then I looked for internal postings. Applied for a position on the intranet.
I got an email back then a phone interview by 2 managers then a face to face then I was emailed an offer letter.

Negotiation Details – I had to guess.

AML/KYC Interview

AML/KYC

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me based on a submitted profile. He was eager to get me in for an interview as the hiring managers were right in the middle of a huge hiring wave, and were in town for 2 weeks. He spoke to me on the phone for 20-25 minutes, said he was very excited to put me forward and thought I was a very strong candidate based on my resume, my background and my phone personality. He asked for a very easy writing sample (250-300 words and gave me a very easy topic). Once that was submitted he got me scheduled for an interview for the following week. He was there the day of the interview. It was 2 separate interview with 2 people per interview. One was the HR person and one was in the management/leadership chain. Both interviews lasted about 20-30 min, max. Both were different but asked some of the same questions. They asked about writing ability, ability to stand up for myself against senior level people, ability to analyze issues, do research, and some general leadership traits. I got a great sense that the interview was going very well. They explained the position and the structure of the bank in great detail and told me exactly where I would be working and the kind of work they expected me to do. The position was fairly new so they made it clear that things could be very different and that I should expect to be flexible. The recruiter met me after both interviews were over and told me that the first set of interviewers had already told him they were impressed. He reinforced the salary range that he quoted me when we had the phone interview. They said they planned to make a decision within the next 2 weeks. I received a call back about 4 days later making me the offer. They made an offer at the top end of the salary that he quoted me. Although it was a decrease in pay from my previous job (which they asked about) they ensured me that it was a bonus-eligible position which should help with the overall compensation.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. It was mostly personality based. All the skills necessary for the job were apparent from my background and resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them what I made at my previous job, and told them what I was expecting. I was given a salary range by the recruiter prior to the in person interview and when they made the offer it was the top end of the salary quote. The salary quoted was only base compensation and did not include bonus.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!