J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
2,751 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

I applied in JPMorgan in nov 2014 and got call jan last week..they invited me for first round..in that, there were two interviews-- half an hour for competency based questions and half an hour for technical questions..interviewers were cool..the questions were prewritten and they noted down each response ..no selection but overall it was good experience

Interview Questions
    • what are your strengths and weakness??Why this role?? tell me about your previous project??   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview was consist of the below rounds.
    1 Telephonic Round based on core java concepts like Threading , Collection and some Design Pattern related
    2 Face to Face Round which mainly includes testing your programming skills
    1 Manager Round(Tech plus Managerial)
    1 HR round

Interview Questions
    • 1) related to DS
      2) Programming skills based on String Questions
      3) 2-3 Puzzles
      4) solve real life scenario problem

Answer Question

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

I applied online in december and got a email deux one months later. I had four phone interviews, two math based and two computer science based with interviewers from different teams. All of them were of average difficulty and I had to wait a whole week between each interview. The interviewers were either friendly or very neutral.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the continuous subarray within an array which has the largest sum.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Assessment centre with 30 other applicants. Multiple one on one interviews with a group evaluation first thing in the morning (9AM). Interviewed by partners, HR and analyst employees. Took 2 months to set up assessment centre. Had follow up partner interview 4 weeks later. Response took 3 months for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • What would you bring to JPM compared to other applicants?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

2 interviews, both competency based. One was very focused on motivation, the other had a few brainteasers and was focused on specific competencies like teamwork and interest in Markets. Seemed very scripted not too much room to go off on a tangent. One or two questions based on my CV.

Interview Questions
    • If 1 mile = 1.6km how many km in 8 miles? (in your head). Tell me about a news article you've found interesting recently? What have JP Morgan been in the news for recently? When have you thought outside the box?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

3 hour wide ranging conversation on my background and experiences. Thorough exploration of my career choices. Interactive conversation to identify culture match. Thorough explanation of role being interviewed for. Explanation that they would like to hire me for a different role. Chat through my experiences - good and bad - of management of people.

Private Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

I applied online via campus recruiting and via JPM website. The position was for the integrated team in a southern bank. I was contacted about a month later for a 15 minute phone interview. 80% behavioral/fit 20% market questions. Didn't think I did well (I didn't feel confident about my market answers), but I was contacted 2 weeks later with an invitation to attend a superday.

The superday consisted of two, 30 minute 2:1 interviews. 100% behavioral/fit. Absolutely no technical/market questions. Very conversational and extremely laid back. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and I was very comfortable there. There were about 7 other candidates.

I was called back 3 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    Know why you want to go into asset/wealth management. Know a lot about the company's background, structure and leadership. Smile and be confident.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Internal move from within the firm. It's typically easier to move within the firm because their acquiring you below market value. Once they've decided I was deemed appropriate for the role, it was a matter of getting the transfer approved.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Technical test - went in a room with other candidates and sit around a conference table
    Technical interview - each candidate went to different room and have interview with managers
    Motivational/Situational/Competency interview - mainly HR employee, not approachable
    Group excercise - no correct answers, they will knot if you raise something critical

Interview Questions
    • Why JP?
      What skills you have?
      how to establish networking after projects?
      what is data structure?
      how to test mobile phone?
      what position do you like?

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

The interview process was actually more relaxed than I had anticipated. The questions were pretty much very general and had nothing to do with company processes. One of my interviewers said that this was because the whole reason we are interviewing for this company is to one day gain that experience, so they didn't need us to know it off the bat. And while I'm on the topic, I also had two interviewers (about 30 minutes each). They were extremely nice and understanding. One recommendation I do have is to go in and be human. Relax, and talk about your experience as you answer questions. Both interviewers got extremely off topic as we both got lost in an interesting conversation, which might do more for you than all of your "fancy talk." I marked NO on the job offer because I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I'm optimistic :)