J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
2,374 Interview Reviews

2.9

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Three interviews over the phone (HR, hiring manager, and their manager). No technical questions. No onsite visit. It was quite long process. They did not make an attempt to learn about my skills/experience, as if I was needed as a number. One of the interviewers was talking for 30 minutes or so until I literally intervened.

The offer was below my expectations. Uncertainty about the group and the work.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied right at the application deadline with minutes to spare! Factor in about 1 hour to clear the computer tests etc. Got an email for a phone interview one week later. Interviewer didnt call during the scheduled dates. Emailed them and she called the next day on a public holiday instead. Interview was mainly behavioral questions with some introduction of yourself. Lasted probably 15-25 mins and im still waiting for their reply.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose to do an engineering degree for undergrad studies instead of BBA   Answer Question

Regional Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Started with a brief call with a recruiter, then I spoke with the hiring manager. Went into the local office to interview with 2 managers. Finally flew to final interview with 7 or 8 members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions, such as why should we hire you, what makes you an excellent fit for the position, etc.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Finance Analyst Rotational Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting website submitting my resume and then got invited for prep night with one on one interviews the next day and then invited to superday in Columbus. About ten people form my school were interviewed (not sure how many moved onto superday).

Interview Questions
    • Told us we'd be asked one technical question but it wasn't tough. How does balance sheet relate to income statement?   View Answer

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied online then a few days later received a phone call for a phone interview. Did the phone interview then had an in person interview and a test and paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Chase? What do you know about the company and what can you bring to enhance it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations given

Winning Women Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First round phone interview by an alumni who's first year analyst at the firm. 15min of answering questions and 15min of me asking questions. Not too challenging but just need very convincing answers to all basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, what skills do you have for banking   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Invited to assessment center. Had two 1 - to - 1 interviews. The first interview was technical and focus on various aspect of computer science. The second was competency based and focused on past experience and personal skills. Both interviewers were very friendly. The final part was a group exercise. The assessment center was half-day long.

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

I had a first interview with a phone recruiter, which was easy and really more of an information session to see if the job matched my interests. The recruiter didn't really ask me any questions; instead she described the job in more detail and told me what they were looking for (people with analytical skills who were happy working alone in more of an isolated enviroment, but were also able to collaborate in groups as needed). After the interview, I went to an in-person interview at the company with two managers. The interview lasted for about an hour. I would say that more than half the time was spent in casual conversation with softball questions about my resume and maybe a quarter of the time was spent discussingbehavioral questions and some specific questions about BSA/AML topics. I would make sure to have read up about the BSA and US PATRIOT Act in relation to AML topics.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the expected flow of funds for a gas station.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate for a higher salary.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Applied through on-campus recruiting and was contacted after about two weeks. Did an initial phone screening, and then (36 hours later) went up to New York for their Super Day. (They didn't pay for hotel or transportation.) Super Day consisted of four back to back interviews. Found out that I received the position about a week later. They will continue to follow up until you either accept or reject their decision.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All were fairly standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as it was an internship.

Operations Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

1 assessment centre: 2 interviews, 1 case study and presentation after
    People were generally friendly, they want to help you succeed.
    quite an enjoyable interview
    i found the presentation on the case study quite challenging, as I wasn't really sure what they were looking for in my answers