J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2.9

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied online on October 6th got a call back the same day about an hour after submitting application. I had an interview with the Assistant Branch manager. It went really well, she made me feel very comfortable. The interview was on a Friday, that following Wednesday I got a call back from the Assistant Branch manager to be interviewed with the District Manager and Sales Manager. Pretty much the same questions asked from my first interview, I guess they wanted to feel me out. They are all about building relationships with customers and want to see if you have a positive attitude and smile. The next day I was called with an offer from a recruiter. The whole process took a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to override company policy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, offer was satisfying.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

THe team at JP Morgan was very responsive and helpful. The internship was an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend it for undergrads. You learn a lot about the corporate environment and about working independently on projects. There were several social events to keep interns engaged and we even had the opportunity to see c-suite execs speak via telepresensce.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you've had to deal witha difficult team member.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied online, got a Phone interview a couple of weeks later, purely behavioural. Got a second phone interview and was very technical. Was not expecting that level of complexity. overall a good experience, however could have done better with more practice.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied on University's website, got an email about two weeks later. Received an email say that I would have two phone interviews. A week and a half later I got a call offering the position to me.

Summer Analyst, Investor Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Apply online through the career website. If shortlisted,
    Round 1: 2 30 minute interviews... not immediately back to back. 30 minutes break in between
    If successful, Round 2: 2 30 minute interviews followed by a group discussion
    All interviewers were very friendly, supportive... helped to structure the answer and not trying to put you under stress. If not clear about an answer, they will ask you if you want to come back to it later.
    Interviewers keep taking notes about what you say.

Interview Questions
    • Each interviewer has a questionnaire.. competency, logical reasoning, personal ability based questions. They choose what they want to ask. Usually ask one from each section and if time permits go back to the remaining question in any section.
      Some questions asked - Number of people who set foot in the rome colloseum on an average in a day in august; number of people entering city of london each morning on an average

Lot of focus on ethics; ability to handle stress - all situation based questions
        Answer Question

Java Developer for Trade Survillance Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

There was a programming assignment provided as a first step which one had to complete in 3 hours and submit back. The question was mainly on reading two files and a reference data store. Based on that some simple calculations had to be done. The output would be producing a file. The problem statement is length enough to keep one occupied for the 3 hours. I could complete 80% of assignment use case. There was subsequent F2F interview where the programming problem was to be discussed. I am not sure either of the interviewers had seen the assignment I submitted earlier. The questions were very generic to general software development models and nothing specific. To my surprise the feedback was negative. It is a bit of disappointment to have gone through the interview. Had some deficiencies in my solution been discussed or some questions asked which I could have not answered it would have been much easier to understand the process.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied to attend a corporate event where students were paired with each other and had to do a case study. From there J.P Morgan Chase handled it all. Communicated with students interested in the internship. You just had to show up

Sales/Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

1st round: two interviews, one supposedly technical and another supposedly competency. Both generally competency based, with a slightly obscure market sizing question in each. 2nd round: investor case interview, where we were first given roughly 20 minutes in a room to review a booklet containing data and text regarding a company and their competitors. Additional interviews with more general competency questions and one logic puzzle.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of: Estimate the number of people who set foot through the vatican on an average day in june.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Please review all the reviews on Glassdoor. I spent many time to review all the possible questions and prepare the answer for each questions. The interview for summer intern is very typical. 30min back to back interview with two manager. First is behavior, second on is technical. Nothing crazy. I am very comfortable and relax during the interview process. Make sure you always link the answers to the project or previous working experience. They like story telling. So far the best interview experience I had. Don't be nervous. Be confident about very word you say. You should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Can you write a PHP code? Such as hello world   Answer Question
    • What type of people you want to work with?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a change you want to made to the technology you use right now?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied through school career center. Response was prompt and the interview was easier than expected. Two JPMorgan workers interviewed me both from the commercial banking sector. This may be just me, but they only asked me one true behavioral interview question (when have you been a leader). I assume others may get more depending on who you are being interviewed by. If you are able to hold a conversation and stay interested in what the interviewers have to say, you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you had to step up as a leader?   View Answer