J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
2,355 Interview Reviews

2.9

Spring Week In Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I applied in December and they decided to arranged a phone interview in early January. The phone interview was about 40 minutes long and was not technical at all. The interviewer wanted to know how I would act in some team working scenarios or when some issue comes up.

Business Analyst Interview

It was very casual and was a very long time ago. I do not remember much about the interview. It started off with a phone conversation with the human resources department. I also met with a project manager and a couple developers before being offered the job. Very conversational interview.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied online on October 6th got a call back the same day about an hour after submitting application. I had an interview with the Assistant Branch manager. It went really well, she made me feel very comfortable. The interview was on a Friday, that following Wednesday I got a call back from the Assistant Branch manager to be interviewed with the District Manager and Sales Manager. Pretty much the same questions asked from my first interview, I guess they wanted to feel me out. They are all about building relationships with customers and want to see if you have a positive attitude and smile. The next day I was called with an offer from a recruiter. The whole process took a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to override company policy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, offer was satisfying.

Vice President Global Commodities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Long Hiring process. 6 interviews, lots of back ground checks and screenings. Company is very reluctant to hire anyone. Very cost conscious. The company like to hire young, cheap, eager workers to put in long hours.

I knew the manager personally so it was easy.

Sales & Trading Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I was interviewed by 3 traders on the same day, to see what I knew about the role and about the markets (no details required, just a general test of knowledge). They put a little pressure on the interview (super serious and quick questions, one after the other). After 1 week, I was interviewed by the head trader and there were no tricky questions but it was more about trying to get to know me.

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was on campus and just behavioral questions. They just want a feel for you. You get asked the basic questions such as tell me about yourself and why J.P Morgan

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

THe team at JP Morgan was very responsive and helpful. The internship was an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend it for undergrads. You learn a lot about the corporate environment and about working independently on projects. There were several social events to keep interns engaged and we even had the opportunity to see c-suite execs speak via telepresensce.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you've had to deal witha difficult team member.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied online, got a Phone interview a couple of weeks later, purely behavioural. Got a second phone interview and was very technical. Was not expecting that level of complexity. overall a good experience, however could have done better with more practice.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied on University's website, got an email about two weeks later. Received an email say that I would have two phone interviews. A week and a half later I got a call offering the position to me.

Operations Analyst Development Program (Full-Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Went through the university career center. Submitted resume online. Heard back from the company wanting to schedule an interview on campus. The first interview was basic behavioral questions designed to see how good of a fit you would be for the program. My interviewer seemed to know less about the program than I did (she had only just joined). Towards the end of the interview I asked her questions about the program itself with which she answered "I'm not entirely sure". Overall average interview. Not many difficult questions to answer. Was disappointed in the lack of professionalism with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • You found an error in your presentation 10 minutes before it was due to be presented. What would you do?   Answer Question