J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 25, 2014
2,458 Interview Reviews

2.9

Risk Analyst Interview

Applied online and was called to arrange a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was with HR who did not know much about the position but wanted to know my motivation for applying. I was called 2 days later to say I had been invited to a face-to-face interview. Met with manager and 2 associates. Was asked to talk through my CV, explain my motivation for applying, competency questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Participated in Code for Good, JP Morgan's programming competition, coded an application for non-profit company. Ranked highly in the contest, was contacted a few weeks later with an internship offer based on my performance. If you're interested in getting a job offer this way, brush up on mobile or web app programming. I did the back end and some of the front, so remember, you need a fully-functional application to shine.

Interview Questions
    • The programming contest was my interview. Easy if you can code, I can imagine excessively difficult if you can't.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Online application including 2 tests: logical and numeric
    Got an email about 5 days later informing me of a phone interview in the next 5 days (includes weekends)
    Phone interviewer wasn't very interested in what I had to say. My resume was team achievement focused, interviewer only wanted to know what I alone achieved. Interviewer picked out specific lines from my cover letter and asked about them. Didn't feel like I gave satisfactory answers, but got called down for assessment centre anyway. Update after.

Intelligent Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

I had over the phone Interview that lasted for an hour. It was a data scientist position where they are looking for experienced people. The interviewer asked me about my thesis, why I want to move to finance, have i considered other industries etc. It was the hardest interview so far.

Interview Questions
    • Given NxN matrix A. each row and column represents currencies where A_ij represents conversion from ith currency to jth currency. Find out arbitrage opportunities. You have to give an optimal solution.   Answer Question

Investment BankingAnalyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Interviewed for Chicago office. First round over the phone with first year analyst. 15 minutes purely questions about resume. 15 minutes technical. Asked about understanding of technicals. Next round a few days later on the phone with first year associate. 15 minutes, just technical.

Interview Questions
    • . Which company has a higher beta, mid cap tech firm or blue chip? Asked about LBO analysis, and which multiples to use regarding enterprise   Answer Question

Graduate Program In PMG Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Nothing special. Two interview, each with 2 team members, no HR-managers. Interview was mostly based on my resume, expectations, discussion of the position role and overall company culture. Few small technical questions, but nothing difficult. Also no crazy questions about the company (e.g. to know executives by heart).

At the same time they asked nothing that would help them to distinguish bad or good candidate. It was hard to say, why they refused me for the next step.

Moreover, people in two interviews gave different and sometimes opposite opinion about the position and the person needed. For example, in the first interview they said they need someone with experience, while people from the second interview tols that the do not need a person with the experience

Interview Questions
    • Three questions to ask in order to construct a portfolio   View Answer

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

I applied online (JP Morgan doesn't recruit on my campus) and got an email asking for a phone interview about a month later. It was an hour long interview with two guys who had worked there for quite a while each. They asked a bunch of behavioral questions, wanted to have a conversation and get to know me. Overall a really pleasant and informational interview. They definitely sold the position to me.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

good interview. there were some hard questions but overall it wasn't too bad. really like the company, and the people there. Enjoyed having the interview.good interview. there were some hard questions but overall it wasn't too bad. really like the company, and the people there. Enjoyed having the interview.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

1. Submitted application, completed online math/psychology test.
    2. Four days later received an invitation for an online video interview, answered a set of questions. Took less than thirty minutes.
    3. Several hours later contacted by recruiter, recommending a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
    4. Several weeks later completed a short interview at a Chase bank, short, less than thirty minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions: 'Explain your experience with an irate customer and how you handled the situation.'
      'What does customer service success sound, look, and feel like, to you?' Some video questions included, 'Explain a proud moment in your working life.' 'What goals have you set at work and did you accomplish them?' 'What did you learn about yourself in these situations?'
        Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Resume is sent through university career system. Got Tel interview in about 2 weeks. Last about 20 minutes. First, some behavioral questions: why IBD. After that, there is 2 technical questions to test your knowledge in finance. These are basic questions but you should present your answer in clear logic and discuss every aspects as possible.