J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

3,025 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Had 3 intense interviews before getting hired. Went through the behavioral phone interview. After that they flew me to New York City for the 'actual' interview. It wasn't too bad,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do investment banking?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First interview: 2 interviews approximately 30mins each. Final round: 2 interviews and a group exercise. The group exercise involved giving a presentation as a group having decided on a particular topic, where 4 topics were given as options. All interviewers followed a script of questions, which revolved around competencies. Each interview focused on 2 competencies and then asked several questions on each competency.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent news story that you have read about?   Answer Question

Vice President - Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was excellent. I had 6 interviews in total and enjoyed speaking with all the interviewers. I interviewed with the hiring manager, two members of the corresponding business units and two senior level leaders in the organization. I appreciated how prepared all the interviewers were.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on that did not go well.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Easy, phone w/recruiter, in person 2 on 1 interview. Conversational, casual. Very easy interview. Basic questions how do you deal with stress, frequent changes, skip tracing experience what applications used.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified? Attendance at previous job?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied this job from LinkedIn, and two days later one HR contacted me. But his first question is whether or not you will need sponsorship for your H1B. I said yes, then nothing went on.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you need H1B visa sponsorship?   1 Answer

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I° Step) Simple Excercise: I suggest to you to develop the solution using as most as possible Inheritance, Composition, Polymorphism, Interfaces and Abstract class and to structure your program as well as possible. The valutation point: + Use of Inheritance, Composition (Good) + Integration Test (Good) + Simply class and simply method (Good) - Overuse of static method (Bad) - Complex conditional statements (Bad) - Long complex methods (Bad) - A lot of unnecessary test cases. i.e. testing writing to a file. (Very Bad) II° Step) Telephone Interview (first Technical Interview). Duration: 1h30'/2h, (normally the interview are shorter than that one as the Interviewer said to me). At cause of the quality of the call this one has been longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• 1) Difference between Checked and Unchecked exceptions in Java 2) List and Collection in Java 3) ArrayList and LinkedList 4) HashMap (everything!! Ex. the complexity of a merge between two HashMap) 5) Why JP Morgan 6) What is OOP 7) Difference between Interface and Abstract class.   1 Answer

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

The process began with a preliminary phone interview with an associate. I was notified shortly thereafter that I was invited to interview on site, where I had three in person interviews with associates and vice presidents from various sectors. About a week later, I had one follow up phone interview with the Executive Director I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the basic elements of accounting? What experience do you have working in accounting? Describe the payouts of a call option.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, was offered a fix, standardized 2 year contract.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

They called me for a face to face interview which took about an hour. And then they scheduled me for another Interview over the phone. Overall process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects did you work on? What was your role in that project?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

-boring. The DM who interviewed me was polite and nice, but seemed to be visibly bored by the process. I got the job, so I know it wasn't a negative sign. I think he was just bored by having to do the interview. -misleading. He told me that he had to interview some other candidates after me. This, I found out, was a lie. You can say all you want that, well that's what they have to say. But that's bs. Have some integrity, Chase. -I tested the DM with some upper level finance questions. He didn't have any answer. I had to try hard not to laugh at him. Then again, being a DM means you're good at following and implementing orders, not being intelligent

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put in a difficult position and had to make a quick decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They presented an offer and I took it. They don't negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring managers are mostly women who do not have proper educational and professional qualities to do their jobs. They either do not understan experience and skills of high-qualified candidates or prefer not to analize them. Profesional qualities and knowledge of candidates are not intersting for these managers. Most of them want to hire goog-looking men. These women-supresivors have become a big liability to the company. They are usually often trasferred around ars they are unqualified for positions they get. They create many labor-related problems for every employer in the US.