J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,795 Interview Reviews

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

The process had 3 rounds:
    Aptitude test, Case Study and Interview.
    Aptitude test was fairly simple: Required time effectiveness.
    Case study was situation based.
    Interview was CV Based: Past projects and experience. Much stress on why Financial Operations

JP Morgan Chase Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a full-day six-round review in company. There are different groups are hiring at the same time. Most questions are quantitative ones, like how large data was treated before, what is the difference between logistic and probit model, how is the modeling experience, knowledge about data mining, previous class or intern projects. Lunch is a soft interview too, companied by one of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• How large data were treated by you before?   1 Answer

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

After a logic and aptitude test, there was a comprehension test with an email task. After this there was a group discussion on a current affairs topic, an interview with the HR rep and a final interview with hiring manager.

IT Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Penn Hills, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview with J. P. Morgan. The interview lasted about one hour. During the first half hour, I was talking with a IT department manager mainly about your idea about technical problems, and the second half hour, I was talking with another manager about personality.

Interview Questions

• How would you do to earn respect from your colleagues?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a superday in NYC. Interviewed with 4 people from the risk modeling team. Everyone is nice and friendly. They did not ask any technical questions. Most of the interview questions are behavioral.

Derivative Regulatory Reporting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

The job is specifically looking for someone with Basel 3 calculation experiences. And it seems like the interviewers have been trained to do the interviews because they ask similar questions.

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a university career fair, where I left my resume. I applied through the university careers site. I got selected for an on campus interview a couple of days later. It was a 2 on 1 interview with 2 underwriters. The whole interview was behavioral with very little technical questions. I recommend researching the role and knowing what they do before you go into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with someone and how did you overcome that?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a group and what was your role?   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews. 1st interview with the hiring manager. 2nd interview with the hiring manager and a VP. The initial call from JPM recruiter was quick and interviews happened within next 2 weeks but the whole process took a while.

Interview Questions

• Interpersonal questions, team work, how you handle difficult task/people. Technical questions on SAS, SQL, Database etc. make sure you ask for respective interviewer's card to make sure you followup with them after the interview. Please write back to the hiring manager. The entire process was very professional and respectful.   1 Answer

Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Little drawn out process with Big communication gap among the hiring team . From online application to close of interview took little over month . Interview went in for 8 hrs over two day with 6-7 folks . Pretty easy interview not much in detail. Folks were busy but nice and take a time to understand different point of view . Critical HR was missing from the whole process give you feeling as time wasted in the end . No response until you follow up after two week .

Interview Questions

• How do you explain map reduce programming to developer ?
      Explain Hadoop eco system
      What is your biggest challenge
      When you use DW or Hadoop
      How green plum works

Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Generally easy process and straightforward questions. Interviewers were nice. Phone interview followed by several in person interviews. Recruiter and HR dept. beyond rude. Process was extremely long (2+ months from application).