J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
3,128 Interview Reviews

2.9

Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. One with a branch manager. Another with a district manager that was more informative about the pay structure. Both were pretty relaxed. They went over the process of passing the required series 6.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. I was offered the highest of the range.

Licensed Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic and easy. They ask general questions about your background and schooling. They also ask questions about your sales experience. You will interview with the manager and assistant manager. Sometimes they will bring other bankers in to feel you out as well.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

On campus interview, standard process: Atten career fair, schedule coffee chats with employees you met at career fair, on-campus interview where I was interviewed by 2 (VP and MD) to 1, in house interview by MD

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Heathrow, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, person to person, then a 3rd person to person with a different hiring employee. That's all I have to say about the interview process for Chase. I do not want to type anymore about this topic.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do handle upset customers?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (South Bend, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called via phone by a recruiter for a 5 - 10 minute phone interview, then an in person interview was set up with the manager after which I had to go to the police station to get finger printed and a background check was done then a drug test was requested and approved.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Very difficult with multiple rounds entailing phone interviews and a full-day of in person interviews where you meet up to 8 people. Expect to be in the dark the majority of the time until you receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• What is the Beta of Home Depot   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Multi manager interview - team interview with peers and other lines of business. Pretty straight forward. Wanted to know your view on effective sales processes. Met with different branch mangers and their employees to determine fit of skill set and personality. Asked about current book of business and insight on mix of business being used now and going forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Had to take an online test before the process. On the day of the interview had 1 written test & 2 technical rounds. 1st round was good. 2nd round was not great. The two people involved in the 2nd round interview panel were demotivating at everystep & every answer. Questions were on core java, data structures, sql, spring, hibernate, maven, jsp

Interview Questions

• Questions were on core java, data structures, sql, spring, hibernate, maven, jsp   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Please be wary of applying for multiple positions at JP Morgan. I applied for two positions and interviewed for both positions which were for different teams within the company. Both hiring managers sent offers for both positions. Electronically, I accepted the offer for the position I wanted and declined the second offer. I contacted the hiring leader of the position I decined to thank her for her time and let her know I would be pursuing another position at the comapany - which I thought was the courteous thing to do. Within 2 days iIstarted to receive really rude emails from the recruiter for the position i declined telling me that I displayed "lack of candor" in the interview process and both offers would be declined. I currently work for another fortune 500 company and candidates often choose between 1 or more offers. Apparently JP Morgan would like for candidates to select the first offer that comes their way. Be very wary when applying at this company. i was one day away from putting in my 2 weeks notice at my current job when all of this transpired.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. A common one was "how do you handle a difficult person"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was rigid. One offer added the bonus into the salary as a second item to meet my requirements but was still a few k short of what I desired.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone call, 1-on-1, superday. Start off with a phone call and you meet the director afterwards. Move onto a superday with all groups if you make it. Pretty straight forward questions, very fit based. Know your techincals cold though, definitely.