J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,511 Interview Reviews

2.9

Licensed Relationship Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

very easy for a very easy job with a low base salary and almost no responsibility and depending of your location you will be able to make some money on commissions which are very low compare with the market

no negotiation

Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

They conducted 3 rounds. First consisted of general aptitude test, verbal ability, mathematical ability and test based on code snippets (it was a written test, wasn't very tough, timing is important, 4 options, no negative marking). After that it was technical round (panel of 2 were present for interview ), almost 95% questions were based on resume (basically final year project). They went really deep into my project details (asked technologies used, architecture, software development lifecycle, etc etc) and few more details on your other projects (if any, i had done a few), and more questions based on rest of resume. I cleared both and the final round was an average hr round. All expected questions were asked, nothing new here. I didn't clear hr round but overall it was a good interview experience. Around 100 students had applied, around 20 cleared apti, 18 cleared technical interview , and finally 9 were given job offer.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Phone interview was simple she asked a couple questions, in person interview within a couple days of phone interview. Job offer, fingerprints,drug test, started work. Filled out for job on a Monday, got a call for phone interview on tuesday, face to face on wednesday, job offer on friday, prints and drug test on monday. I started training within about a week

None

FPGA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Was initially contacted by a headhunter who put me in touch with them. JPM then contacted me and asked if I could come into their New York office for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the specific question, but I do remember it was a bit much for the 30 minutes the manager gave me to answer it. Plus I freely admit that I don't do well engineering on paper. That doesn't mean I'm lousy - FPGA's don't exist on paper and I need access to tools (not to mention at least an hour or two to think about how to approach the problem!). I found another job with one of their competitors, after all.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

Fairly simple hiring and interview process. I completed the first round interview on my university's campus and was invited to the headquarters for a final round interview a couple business days later. The interviewers were extremely hospitable and personable. It wasn't a snooty white-collar atmosphere. Received notification of an offer the next business day. (I had a deadline, so they expedited the process)

Interview Questions
    • -What is difference between JP Morgan's wholesale commodities and commercial banking products? (or something like that)..can quite remember the exact question.
      -What are JP's products and services?
      -Why JP? Why operations?

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

1st round was a phone interview by one of the business managers mostly asking standard questions/resume. 2nd round was an assessment center. AC consisted of a group case study with presentation, then followed by 2 interviews. Questions were mostly fit related rather than technical. HR got back to me on the AC day itself with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a demotivated team.   Answer Question

In Store Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was great. Lots of interaction. Met with branch manager. Only took about 30 minutes. Would be in contact soon. Was a good experience. Wasn't as tough as I was expecting.

Personal Banker - Small Business Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Focus on being up beat, organized and well presented. They do intensive training so knowing their products are not important.
    Questions are around how well organized you are and your focus on customer satisfaction.

Vice President Interview

The hiring process is lengthy. I met with many LOB managers and potential peers who asked very good questions. Human resources contact was knowledgable and helpful. Overall a great experience.

Global Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online and through a referral, then had a phone interview. After, I had a Superday with several managers that had a variety of questions about the industry, current market, personality, sales, and why I wanted to join this team in particular.