J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014
2,310 Interview Reviews

2.9

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There are many layers to the interviewing process used at this firm and takes weeks or months to move forward when trying to get into this company. Communications back to potential employees could definitely be improved.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here when you have so much experience, you could be anywhere but here?   View Answer

International Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1st round was conducted on campus. No technical or behavior questions. Just asked to walk through resume, was given a description of the job.
    2nd round - superday. Was about 2.5 hours. Had 3 interviews, all with people who worked in groups other than the one i was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself by calling yourself a superhero, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview process started with two separate phone interviews, then 2 separate face-to-face interviews. Recruiters were very diligent about being as timely as possible and I was never left in the dark. Once offered the position, the on-boarding process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. Questions were very behavioral with a few high-level industry questions. Interview process was more about fit than anything.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Was invited for a Superday after attending an informational event. Consisted of 2 "1/2 hour" interviews with 2 separate interviewers. 1 interview is resume review and "how did you handle a difficult situation, what are your other interest" questions. Other is more technical: "What are some of the regulations J.P. Morgan might face; What financial stories have caught your eye?". Will hear back "in a couple of weeks". Haven't received offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • What are some regulations J.P. Morgan may face in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Chase Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

I applied for the position in September, and then I received an email regarding a video interview a day after. The questions asked were:
    State a time you gave a customer great customer service.
    Have you ever dealt with an angry customer, if so, how did you resolve it?
    Have you ever balanced your own till or register?
    How much cash have you handled in your previous positions?
    What is your availability like?

Private Bank Analyst Interview

I found out about the opportunity at a job fair and submitted my resume through a recruiter. The process as far as feedback was slow. From start to offer was almost four months. My process was a bit more unorthodox as I did not go through the campus recruiting. Additionally, I interviewed at three different offices in the area before a position opened. I went on a total of five interviews. I had a phone interview (screening interview) with an HR representative. I also had 1:1 interviews with two managing directors and two executive directors. Additionally, after the third interview I was able to meet with two of the current analysts at the location.

Interview Questions
    • This position was a career change for me so most of my questions revolved on WHY I wanted the position. What interested me about wealth management? Why JP Morgan? What am I doing currently to follow the markets? Only had a few "technical" questions: Where do you see the markets going in 2014? What are you currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the offer was what I expected/wanted. I felt the offer was in line with what I had seen others receive for the same position.

Strategy and Process Improvement Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied via JP Morgan career site. Took about 3 weeks to hear back. Initial HR screen with very basic questions. Initially applied for a higher level role but was given an interview for a slightly lower role.

First round on site with 3 different people (higher levels ). 20% focus on fit / resume , remainder were cases. Two of the three interviewers were very professional, engaging, etc. Third interviewer showed up late, talked on phone during interview, and ended it early.

Invited back for final round with head of group. 85% case with a few fit questions mixed in. Much more quantitative in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the market size of magazine readers in Country X.   Answer Question
    • Our nonprofit has experienced declining profits. Give me your recommendations on how we can improve the situation.   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Phone interview and skype phone interview with strong accent and difficult to understand. The technical questions are not the way to looking for people. It is do it for process. Not really want to hire anyone.

Personal Banker II Interview

online application and assessment, person to person interview with Branch Manager and District Manager, background check, and you're hired! After being hired, there is quite a bit of training that you go to (this stays constant through employment)

Project Manager Interview

As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question