J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2.9

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

The interview and hiring process was great. Managers are well detailed and explain position with in depth detail. Once you are hired the are several on line classes that have to be completed before you start your performance.

Interview Questions
    • The question I don't like is "What is your weakness?" This question can make or break you.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary somewhat

Teller Interview

very easy and standard questions. you don't need a lots of experience in anything to get hired.
    entry level position. Each person has different experience interviewing at Chase. mine was very informal

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Was invited for a Superday after attending an informational event. Consisted of 2 "1/2 hour" interviews with 2 separate interviewers. 1 interview is resume review and "how did you handle a difficult situation, what are your other interest" questions. Other is more technical: "What are some of the regulations J.P. Morgan might face; What financial stories have caught your eye?". Will hear back "in a couple of weeks". Haven't received offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • What are some regulations J.P. Morgan may face in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There are many layers to the interviewing process used at this firm and takes weeks or months to move forward when trying to get into this company. Communications back to potential employees could definitely be improved.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here when you have so much experience, you could be anywhere but here?   View Answer

International Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1st round was conducted on campus. No technical or behavior questions. Just asked to walk through resume, was given a description of the job.
    2nd round - superday. Was about 2.5 hours. Had 3 interviews, all with people who worked in groups other than the one i was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself by calling yourself a superhero, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Vice President - Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Phone screens + onsite + follow up phone interview. Recruiter was very aggressive, not friendly, said offer was "take it or leave it." Offer was low and I was not happy with it so I declined. Group seemed good, but offer was not competitive.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or too difficult. Asked to describe previous projects.   Answer Question

Salary too low.

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

The hiring manager was really nice but didn't seen to have many questions to ask, it was a 15 minute interview if I didn't have my own questions. After going through some basic interview questions I was told that u would hear back shortly about a follow up interview next week, they even said they will be happy to work with my current job's schedule to make it happen. Over a month goes by hearing nothing to the receive an automated message that the position was filled. Found it highly unprofessional since I sent a thank you note, and an email asking for an update as I didn't her back when they said I should. Overall seemed like dull environment, so things worked in my favor.

Interview Questions
    • (They really had no difficult questions, so this is a stretch to say it was difficult) why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview process started with two separate phone interviews, then 2 separate face-to-face interviews. Recruiters were very diligent about being as timely as possible and I was never left in the dark. Once offered the position, the on-boarding process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. Questions were very behavioral with a few high-level industry questions. Interview process was more about fit than anything.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Quick process. They just need to like you and you have to pass a basic skills test. I would allow yourself time to do well on it. Because you might be eliminated for not passing this exam

Interview Questions
    Low ball offer and I accepted because desperate for a job.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

They only go for local candidates as they want to save on travel costs associated with a non-local one. They will first have a technical phone interview with basic Java questions and also ask the technologies you know. Once you pass that, you will be invited to their office and will speak to 2-3 interviewers in their visitor section. The onsite questions are all HR questions (strictly non-technical) and you can nail it easily with some faking about your strength and weaknesses. You could be the laziest person on earth but claim that you are the most hard-working one and people will believe you in these silly HR interviews. After that your recruiter will inform you about your selection and tell you that the compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where your manager/professor said one thing but didn't really mean it?   Answer Question
    The compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.