J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 17, 2014
2,431 Interview Reviews

2.9

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The hiring process was very long and they asked behavioral/scenario based questions. Be sure to read the job description and know the line of buisness for the role you're applying for.

Interview Questions
    There was really no negotiation, but I'd say go for it!

Freshman Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter to the firm through on-campus process. Was contacted for an interview and did it on grounds. It was about 30 minutes, and it was a lot of technical questions and even a case question. Only a couple of behavioral questions, and didn't seem to care that much about those. Important part was definitely technical.

Financial Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

3 people each interview for 30 minutes, conversational and a few behavioral questions. The hiring mangers do not know about the development program, so be prepare to state your interest on their team rather than the overall program

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I received an initial call from HR. He asked some basic interview questions such as experience on my resume and why JP Morgan. A week later, I was brought to an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview lasted one and half hours.

OADP Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Accepted after screened resume for interview. Back to back 30 minute behavioral interviews. All behavioral questions. Very calm and nice guys. Assured us that we were smart so would avoid technical questions and just focus on how our personality could benefit JP Morgan. 2 weeks to the day after my interview, I was called with an offer. One month to accept. Very simply and rewarding process.

Interview Questions
    • How does ISIS affect operations at JP Morgan?
      Why operations?
        Answer Question
    None

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

No online test, just 2 weeks after the submission of application, I got the email telling me to choose a time slot for the first round interview. The interviewer is a guy focusing on coding works, so he asked me many questions about coding, which I didn't expect.

Interview Questions
    • Design an algorithm to find the maximal sum of sub-sequence of a given sequence   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

First Round Phone Interview by a college alum for the Winning Women Program. Mostly behavioral questions like why IB, and resume questions. In the end I was asked about some basic questions regarding bonds and equity and my opinion on the current economy. The interviewer was very friendly . The program, although a diversity program, seems to be very competitive and each school is given very limited number of spots.

Interview Questions
    • When do firms choose to issue equity and when do they choose debt?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Face to face interview, AC, I am still waiting for coming AC, will update soon after I finish it. two interviewer in the first round interview, general questions, no specific tech, people in JP looks so nice and very enjoyable interview experience.

Technology Analyst - Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

on campus interview. the guy in charge of tech interviewed me. he kept emphasizing how their division is a bunch of geeks but he definitely didn't have the passion that other people in the tech industry these days have. I think he could tell I wasn't interested either.

spent a lot of time explaining the layout of their office.

Interview Questions
    • asked me a lot about how I would improve financial industry and banking products. I wasn't expecting that   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Easy interview with HR and one of two hiring managers. Very professional people. Very smart and focused. They knew what they wanted and I was it, so that was very lucky for me. They had been searching for some time and apparently went back to their database for me, so it pays to apply and keep hoping!