J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President - Operations Interview

Vice President - Operations

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – The interview process is comprised of a thorough round of an interactive round of question and answer. This includes providing a detailed overview of the position and addressing any questions that the candidate may have. Questions are then posed to the candidate to gauge interest and fit for the role.

Interview Question – The most difficult is, after hearing an in-depth overview of the position for which you're interviewing is to then quickly explain why you are a good fit for the role. While this seems easy, it can prove difficult to put your talents in the context of the job description that was provided a few minutes prior.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Risk Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

Interview Details – Some of the interviewers knew me from a previous job. Met several people for 30 minutes each. 3 week process from first interview to offer. I also know others at jpmc and got a positive view on the working culture.

Interview Question – Typical walk through resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not overly tough.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, after a week received assessment test in email. After i passed assessment test phone interview was fixed. Hiring manager took my phone interview and was mainly over customer realted questions. I was told by the hiring manager that I will called for in-person interview next week. In-person interview was with my manager, it went good. Same day, they told me i got the job.

Interview Question – all customer related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

Bankruptcy Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired at a site that had like 200+ openings in the Bankruptcy Department, I applied online and received a phone call 2 hours after submitting application. I did not have BK experience but over 10+ years banking experience, During that first phone call they requested a onsite interview scheduled for 3 days after.

The Interview lasted 10 minutes and I was offered the job. The interviewer used a guide on the questions I was asked.

Interview Question – It was a short interview and the questions were generic- nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Summer Corporate Analyst Interview

Summer Corporate Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR person who found my resume on my school's career website. I was scheduled for a 30-minute on-campus interview with the VP of the group I was going to work with. Most of the questions were behavioral questions (e.g. strengths & weaknesses, teamwork, difficult situations, etc.).

Interview Question – The interviewer asked a brain-teaser/math related question and allowed me time to answer. We then sat in silence for almost 10 minutes. I managed to answer correctly.   Answer Question

Asset Manager Interview

Asset Manager

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Applying thro Chase.com then careers.... create your profile, then search for jobs by areas of interest, and location since Chase is huge. Of course review the job description and match them with your experience . Yes you can apply to as many jobs as you want.

Interview Question – normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Question – How do you handle Stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple you apply online and then they call you to set up a date to come on in. You interview with the assistant manager first then you interview with the branch manager. they'll ask you bank related question and give you small overview of work and salaries.

Interview Question – honestly nothing to difficult just dress sharp and do not ask about pay let them talk to you about it first!   Answer Question

Associate AML Risk Assessment Interview

Associate AML Risk Assessment
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview consisting of Group Director and 2 VP's. 30 minutes was allocated to the group Director then 40 minutes with each of the leads. After that the offer came in about 24 hours after the interview process. Total onboarding process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Write a paragraph on Anti-Money Laundering methodology   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 24 hours before the offer was submitted