J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
2,746 Interview Reviews

2.9

Team Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

i had 2 interviews 1st interview with site manager and 2nd interview with all supervisors. interview with site manager was basically explaining what job expectations were. The second inerview was a round table where i were interview by all supervisors on all shifts

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle setting up work or asking someone to do something that you are friends with   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through my school's career website. On-campus interview requested around a few weeks later. I selected the earliest interview slot because I would rather be first or last in the interview lineup. It was 30 minute interview with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I received an email a few days later that decisions of moving on will be sent in a week. In a week, I received a notification that I was selected for their Super Day. Super Day was on a Friday from 1:30pm-3:30pm. Most of us got in at 1pm and were able to talk to current analysts. The interview was split into three 30 minute parts: two behavioral/technical interviews and a presentation about a project you completed in the past. The order is random, but I got a sit down talk, presentation, and another sit down. The sit down talks are both behavioral/technical. The presentation was me talking for 15 minutes and the other 15 for questions. Got an email 4 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to, would you invest in future software or the current company system that works?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of polymorphism?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an array and a linked list?   Answer Question
    • What is normalization? When would you use denormalization?   Answer Question
    • What are the phases of software development?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There were two back to back 30 minute interviews, both of which were very similar. Most of the questions asked were behavioral questions, and a few questions on a programming language. The questions were pretty easy, they try to make you feel comfortable. They put more emphasis on behavioral questions, I would focus more on those than the programming questions. I received an offer around two weeks after the interviews. As long as you do research on the company, ask good questions, and answer most questions correctly, you should have a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things you would do to make your coworkers respect you?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

They reached out for an interview with me. They had one date open during which I had a conflict and they only gave me a two week notice before it. I was no able to make that interview. Took me calling their Technology Analyst Program HR members approximately 8 times to receive a call back for them notifying me that they were no longer seeking candidates for this position. They contacted me for an interview and basically dropped the ball and had the worst communication I have ever seen from a well established company. This was an absolutely horrendous job by their HR department.

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied through my university's career system and was able to schedule an on-campus interview with two VPs from the SD branch. They were very nice and the process was very smooth. The 1st interview was very basic/behavioral and pretty much just went over my resume. I highly encourage you to study on why commercial banking is a good fit for you and explicitly show your interests.

Interview Questions
    • What's the first line item on a statement of cash flows?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied through college career fair. They got back to me within a week. The interview consisted of 2 rounds one on one. The first round was more of basic questions on object oriented programming and basic principles about data structures. The second round was more about solving coding problems.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

The gentleman was very polite, after a bit of chit chat he asked a few technical questions and a few behavioral questions. There is a second part to the interview with a different representative who was unable to make it and so there will be a phone interview, basically going over the same types of questions to avoid bias in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between passing a variable by Reference and by Value?   View Answer
    • When would you choose to use By Reference or by Value?   View Answer
    • What is a group by in SQL?   View Answer
    • Name a time where you had to switch up your personal preference for another team member?   Answer Question
    • What personalities would you like to see in a group?   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through university career services. Made initial resume screening cut and then had two 30-min phone interviews (back-to-back). Positive experience, and both interviewers were polite and fair.

Heard back one week later that I had been offered a position in the program.

Interview Questions
    • A bat and a ball cost $2.50 together. The bat costs one dollar more than the ball. How much do each cost?   View Answer
    Chose not to negotiate. Great compensation for internship.

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

45 minute phone screen followed by two rounds of full-day on-site interviews, talked to about 10 people from different groups in each on-site interview, did a math and programming test.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The process was pretty clear cut. A phone screening that covered fit/behavioral questions to see if there is a fit. Then, JPM flew me out to a superday. At the office, I went through a series of interviews that was mostly behavioral, but with technical intertwined within each question. For instance, if one of your answers talks about stocks, they will dive deeper to see if you actually know about stocks and bonds. Pretty clear cut.

Interview Questions
    • What's something going on the market and how has that affected JPM?   Answer Question