J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
2,807 Interview Reviews

2.9

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview - interviewer was using very standard method
    One interviewer was someone I knew slightly at another company
    Overall not impressed felt it was likely that they were pressured to give to internal candidates and I was just filling a time sheet for them

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

the job you interview for is frequently less desirable once you're in the position. It just doesn't sound like a fun place. The quality of the team is questionable, the resources appear non-existent.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Branch manager trainee ----Very long if external candidate (2 months was my experience thus far) I believe they post the requisition and since its a trainee position they probably don't rush hiring. I feel they just wait to see how many applicants they get and then they can be very selective. I started with applying online as an employee referral, I was then contacted by a recruiter to complete an online interview (one month after first applying ( Hirevue webcam screening is done for the recruiter) following that i had a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 district managers. 1st one was hiring manager. I met 2nd district manager 1 1/2 week later (no communication in between), he was a peer who probably was giving a 2nd opinion to the hiring district manager. Nearly two weeks later I get the decline ( not by email but by logging in to check my application status.

Interview Questions

• Why Chase ?
      Why did you leave your last job ?
      How would you grow deposits in the branch ?
      How did you achieve customer experience goals ? (overall satisfaction)
      What locations are you interested in ? (I applied to different locations)
      What are Chases top priorities ?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had an interview on campus, which was pretty easy. They asked me simple OOP questions and a few questions on how I behave in a team. It was really laid-back and casual, and the interviewer was very enthusiastic. I had a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a static variable? Difference between pass-by-value and pass-by-reference?   Answer Question

Interview

It was the most horrible interview I've had. There were two interviewers and the first guy who interviewed me couldn't even answer my questions about JPMorgan. The second one was very condescending, stern, and rude. He kept talking about HIMSELF. All me, me, me. I know they're probably both good with technology, but please, don't let them do the recruiting.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. On-campus interview requested around a few weeks later. I selected the earliest interview slot because I would rather be first or last in the interview lineup. It was 30 minute interview with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I received an email a few days later that decisions of moving on will be sent in a week. In a week, I received a notification that I was selected for their Super Day. Super Day was on a Friday from 1:30pm-3:30pm. Most of us got in at 1pm and were able to talk to current analysts. The interview was split into three 30 minute parts: two behavioral/technical interviews and a presentation about a project you completed in the past. The order is random, but I got a sit down talk, presentation, and another sit down. The sit down talks are both behavioral/technical. The presentation was me talking for 15 minutes and the other 15 for questions. Got an email 4 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had to, would you invest in future software or the current company system that works?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of polymorphism?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an array and a linked list?   Answer Question
    • What is normalization? When would you use denormalization?   Answer Question
    • What are the phases of software development?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

On campus interview applied through LionsLink. a lot of social and behavioral questions. It was very relaxed, interviewers were very nice. For some reason they are making me put fifty characters down. This is dumb

Interview Questions

• Total cost 2.50. Bat is one more dollar than the ball. How much is each?   1 Answer
    • Your business has extra cash. What would you do with it?   1 Answer
    • What are the expenses, liabilities, assets for a coffee shop   1 Answer
    • Name the different sectors of JP Morgan and what they do   Answer Question
    • Time where you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process in ok overall. Just know the role you are applying for and why you want to do that job, also do your homework, understand what is going on around the markets as well.

Interview Questions

Interview

First round: 30 mins phone interview -
    I interviewed with one of the analysts at the firm. The questions were all technicals: what are valuation methods, run through DCF, WACC, etc, which were fair. However, this was quite surprising because I would expect some more behavioral questions. All in all, a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Run through DCF, valuation methods, Beta, Time Value Money concept.   Answer Question

Customer Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received phone call. Then I was asked to do a video interview. I was asked 10 behavioral questions and I recorded my answers online. You get about 1 minute per questions. If you dislike your answer, you can delete it and record it again. Three days after that I was called in for a one-to-one interview. Basic behavioral questions, why I wanted the positions, how my transferable skills applied, etc. One week later I was offered a position.