J.P. Morgan

2,679 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Submitted resume at college career fair, got a phone call from their HR within a week for on-campus interview.

Two back-to-back interviews , 30 min each, one with vice president & technical lead, one with executive director. Very relaxed and laid-back interview, mostly behavioral with very easy technical question about data structure. Most questions they asked are very similar, some of them exactly the same as other posts on glassdoor, so make sure you do your homework.

Overall they like self-driven students with enthusiasm and friendly to work with different people. Students who has passion towards technology and interest of banking industry is a plus. Make sure you demonstrate these qualities and sincerely interested in this role.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to keep track of new technology ?
      What would you do to get to know your co-workers and get along with them?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      What is your favorite personality as your coworker? What you dislike the most? How would you handle that ?

Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online and got called in for an interview. They ask about your previous experiences and what you can bring to the company. They want great communication skills and the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner. They may ask about a time that you made a positive impact or a negative impact and you need to explain.

Interview Questions
    • A time that a customer was not satisfied with your help and what you did to change that.   Answer Question
    Tellers have a base pay of around $12 so there is no negotiation.

Asset Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 30 min Back to back interview. One interviewee against two interviewers. One of them is someone from the senior level, and the other usually has been with the firm two to three years. First round mostly were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume. What criteria do you have when investing in a stock. Tell me about one of the times you face challenges.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Two rounds of interviews.
    One with the direct manager and two co-workers.
    The second with upper management.
    Relatively informal and painless. I knew the hiring manager so I'm guessing this had something to do with the laid back nature of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions relative to the position. How would I handle a particular situation and why I was interested in the job. No questions on strengths or weaknesses.   Answer Question
    I countered the salary offer and it was declined.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Be ready for a lengthy process. they are a very stuffy group. dont take yourself too seriously. It will take a few weeks to schedule all the meetings and be careful of the HR people. they have sign off on the process.

there was none

Wealth Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I am from a non target school, and I applied for the LATAM department as I am an international student from South America. The application process was a following:
    Submit Resume Online
    After a couple months got a phone interview.
    After that I was invited to a superday interview where I had a 45 min interview with a VP and an executive director.
    Still waiting to hear the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you follow the markets?
      Describe yourself in one word.
      Tell me a time when you had to work in a team ....

View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Online app, 1st round phone interview in december, and I also had a super day in the NYC headquarters. Freshman & sophomore program so it was competitive, but networking helped a lot. It's really about the fit - company is wiling to train you if they think you are a good fit for the company.

Private Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

I applied online via the company portal and my school recruiting website in December. I then had an on-campus and phone interview in late January. Heard back from the company a week later in which I was notified I would be moving on to a super day (and it would be two weeks after receiving the call). On super day I had 4 interviews; overall, the process was about 2.5 hours long. I was notified a week later that I received an offer to intern with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Talk to me about what is going on in the markets?
      How would you invest a clients assets?
      What do you think this position consists of?

Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

First round interview - 30 minutes interview with one Associate and 30 minutes with hiring manager. Second round interview - 30 minutes with hiring manager 's manager. 30 minutes with a VP. All through phone.Finally, senior recruiter called to ask a few more question within 30 minutes and discuss compensation and use this as a report summary to present to the hiring team.

Not yet happpen

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

I applied through my college career fair. I got an email on the same day asking to come for a 2 30-min interview the next day. It was held at the university itself.
    I was interviewed by 2 panels, each consisting of 2 managers. One panel was technology managers and the other, recruiting managers.
    Heard back from them in 10 days.