J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
2,255 interviews

2.9

PB Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

very very easy, asked abt my exp, other behavi=iuoral skills and some questions about markets, about my family, questions about my projects, why jpmorgan, why pb, portfolio questions, about asset allocation, data mining, coding questions in matlab, vba, r, crazy math questions

Project Manager Interview

As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Real Estate Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Westmont, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Applied via JP Morgan website and was initially contacted a week later for a brief phone interview. Five questions later I was scheduling a personal interview. When I arrived staff and management appeared very disorganized. Reception was not expecting me and had no idea who I was supposed to meet with. I ended up discussing the position with four different people (separately) and most were disorganized with little or no direction to each interview. I was offered the position over the phone a day later, but I had decided after my interview it was not the place for me.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer said, "I don't know who you'll be working for, but do you want to talk with anyone else?"   View Answer

The disorganization convinced me JP Morgan was not the place for me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer
    I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

long interview. too many interviews. hard to contact. will not interview again. why did i ever apply to this job? they are making this process to long for nothing. why am i still typing a review for this company

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I was directly going to the on site round. The director is very nice and he kind of help me to ease my nervous down, and I am able to express myself freely and fully. He talked some about the firm and department responsibility and what they are looking for. I shared some of my past experience and the skills matched with this positions. It was very like the casual conversation and did not have any tense feeling around. I think the director really did a good job in interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • Most of questions are really common and not too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with three people in person, separately. I don't believe I had a phone interview, at least not like the ones I had with other banks where the HR person interviews you like a real interview over the phone. Hired within two months from the first interview. First interview was with the boss and then with the boss's peers. Friendly interviewers. They made you feel at ease. No hard questions. Just the standard: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the position. They never asked the type of compensation I was looking for. HR kept me in the loop, but I had to call a few times to see the status.

Interview Questions

Pay was not high enough.

Bank Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Took two weeks to hear back from them. I got an unexpected call from the assistance manager asking me if im still interested in the position, then we set up an interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? A difficult situation with customer?   Answer Question