J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied for the job online and about a month later I got a call from an individual within the department who asked a bit about my background and the call ended with her asking me to come in for the interview. I went in and interviewed with 2 people at the same time. The process was seamless and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I didn't hear back for over a month and I finally got the email letting me know that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any, they spoke and I listened. They asked about my previous experience and asked where I saw my career heading and what my goals were.   View Answer

Quant Equity Analyst Interview

phone interview - Asked about the resume and prior correlated experience. Questioned about knowledge of big data, machine learning techniques, whether familiar with Matlab or not, how do you categorize your programming languages and corresponding capacity, etc..

Interview Questions
    • Talk about the most impressive internship from your side.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

It was through campus, they set you up to interview with 3 different current employees who are trying to see if you will be a good fit for the company and what area should you work in.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions going over my resume, project, and leadership experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Initial campus interview which was simple…just your typical behavioral questions. Then there was a group interview at the office. The group interview sounds a little intimidating, but it really wasn't that bad. Basically they just want to analyze your problem solving skills and see how you interact in a group setting.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the company, which would it be and why   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied online and 2 weeks later they sent an email to do a video interview. There were set questions that were on the screen and you had to answer them while it was recorded. Kinda felt like I was talking to myself.

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions like why you want to work for chase?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

College career service provided the chance. Application document was resume only. First round was a skills exam, and the next and the final round was a on-site interview.
    This was not a regular summer program, and I believe that this entire hiring process was conducted by the department only, not by the human resource department.

AML Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The interview process ranges for 1:1, phone, and panel interviews. I have found that they are all similiar with questions no matter if the interview was in person or over the phone.

There is little movement on pay scales for this corporation.

Business Modeling and Analytics Data Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The first round interview was thirty minutes long on campus and included a mix of behavioral and small technical questions. The behavioral parts came first, and the interviewer asked me to explain my background, projects I was proud of, and the like. The technical part included explaining statistical concepts like p-values and R-squared values as if the listener had never studied statistics before. It also included some extremely basic code analysis (i.e. what number does this function output) that could be done in a few minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a complicated statistical concept and explain it as simply as possible to me.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Fill out online application, wait for them to call or email you to schedule an interview, and complete the interview in person. Then wait for them to call you with their hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Silly stuff. What is a risk you have taken? Tell us about project in which team work was important. What is cloud computing?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Got a call for an inperson interview, then got called in for a superday. Very standard interview, nothing out of ordinary Got a call for an inperson interview, then got called in for a superday. Very standard interview, nothing out of ordinary

Interview Questions
    • how many pennies stack up to the empire state building   Answer Question