J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I had 2 interviews that were 30 minutes each. Both were fit questions where I talked about myself. The interviewers were MDs in the firm and were really nice. They were funny during the interview. They never asked any unusual questions or questions that would cause me to fidget and squirm.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation as I was going an analyst program.

Project Manager Interview

As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

PB Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

very very easy, asked abt my exp, other behavi=iuoral skills and some questions about markets, about my family, questions about my projects, why jpmorgan, why pb, portfolio questions, about asset allocation, data mining, coding questions in matlab, vba, r, crazy math questions

Real Estate Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Westmont, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Applied via JP Morgan website and was initially contacted a week later for a brief phone interview. Five questions later I was scheduling a personal interview. When I arrived staff and management appeared very disorganized. Reception was not expecting me and had no idea who I was supposed to meet with. I ended up discussing the position with four different people (separately) and most were disorganized with little or no direction to each interview. I was offered the position over the phone a day later, but I had decided after my interview it was not the place for me.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer said, "I don't know who you'll be working for, but do you want to talk with anyone else?"   View Answer

The disorganization convinced me JP Morgan was not the place for me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer
    I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

long interview. too many interviews. hard to contact. will not interview again. why did i ever apply to this job? they are making this process to long for nothing. why am i still typing a review for this company

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Bank Teller- JPM Chase Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I applied online through indeed.com for the chase teller position. I went in and spoke with the branch manager and he explained that you have to pass the assessment in order to be considered. The chase career site will send you an email immediately if you failed the assessment. For all the locations you apply for it will, immediately. The email says "after careful consideration, we regret...." After the assessment the screen will say (if you failed) "you are not eligible to for the bank teller position at this time." After speaking with the manager, about a few days later I received an email from a recruiter telling me to take a video interview through an app called "HireVue" I did the interview through my iPhone and it consisted of 11 questions. This substitutes as the phone interview. The recruiter can view your video interview as many times as they like. The next day I recieved a call from the branch manager wanting to schedule me for an interview. I dressed extremely professional. Hair in ponytail, slicked back, black pencil skirt, pantyhose, blazer. Now, I dressed in black because chase only wants black blazers or suit with their blue. After the interview the branch manager asked me if I could immediately go over to a different branch and do an interview with the assistant manager, the same day. The manager told me I should here something by Friday, but Friday came and no call. I waited until Monday and called the branch mananger. Left a message and he called back wanting to schedule a third interview with the district mananger. Two days later I received a call from the same recruiter and told me I was offered the position. I went through a series of emails, accepting the offer and so on, pre-employment.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • How have you handled a problem in which you knew would arise.   View Answer
    • If a customer wanted 3 fifty dollar bills and the check being cashed was $737.37, how would you cash it?   View Answer
    • Have you even had a problem with a superior?   View Answer
    • Was you cash drawer even short? If so, explain.   View Answer
    Take the offer, it is a great job and looks great on a resume.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I was directly going to the on site round. The director is very nice and he kind of help me to ease my nervous down, and I am able to express myself freely and fully. He talked some about the firm and department responsibility and what they are looking for. I shared some of my past experience and the skills matched with this positions. It was very like the casual conversation and did not have any tense feeling around. I think the director really did a good job in interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • Most of questions are really common and not too difficult to answer.   Answer Question