J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,291 Interview Reviews

2.9

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

One on campus interview--one or two fit questions followed by 3-4 brainteasers/probability questions. I was nervous and thought I wouldn't move on, but I did. Superday was 4 back-to-back one-on-one interviews (Executive Directors and Managing Directors). I only got fit questions that day, but I also come from a non-quantitative background and I think other interviewees got more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I roll a die. If I roll a 1, I give you $1. If I roll a 2, I give you $2, and so on. Make me a market on this game, and explain why.   View Answer

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Program Interview

Interview process consisted of one interview on campus at career center. Then that was followed by a super day of 4 interviews. All behavioral questions. Relatively straight forward. They are just looking to see if they get along with you and if you seem interested. Other than that, technically speaking they are willing to train you on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many unexpected or difficult questions - strengths/weaknesses, why JPMorgan, why commercial banking, etc. Mostly they want to make sure that you are invested in commercial banking and not using it as a stepping stone for IB (which most are)   Answer Question

Appliocation Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Initial open door event to learn about the company and positions available (ON CAMPUS). Then sign up on the campus job opportunities page for an interview. Once you get selected for the interview you have a back to back interview with both a business and tech perspective employee. You receive an email within the following few months whether or not you were accepted for the oppotunity (intern or full time).

Interview Questions
    • Basic breakdown of SDLC and syntax questions followed by example coding some algorithm of choice.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

The interview and hiring process was great. Managers are well detailed and explain position with in depth detail. Once you are hired the are several on line classes that have to be completed before you start your performance.

Interview Questions
    • The question I don't like is "What is your weakness?" This question can make or break you.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary somewhat

Teller Interview

very easy and standard questions. you don't need a lots of experience in anything to get hired.
    entry level position. Each person has different experience interviewing at Chase. mine was very informal

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Was invited for a Superday after attending an informational event. Consisted of 2 "1/2 hour" interviews with 2 separate interviewers. 1 interview is resume review and "how did you handle a difficult situation, what are your other interest" questions. Other is more technical: "What are some of the regulations J.P. Morgan might face; What financial stories have caught your eye?". Will hear back "in a couple of weeks". Haven't received offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • What are some regulations J.P. Morgan may face in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Vice President - Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Phone screens + onsite + follow up phone interview. Recruiter was very aggressive, not friendly, said offer was "take it or leave it." Offer was low and I was not happy with it so I declined. Group seemed good, but offer was not competitive.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or too difficult. Asked to describe previous projects.   Answer Question

Salary too low.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There are many layers to the interviewing process used at this firm and takes weeks or months to move forward when trying to get into this company. Communications back to potential employees could definitely be improved.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here when you have so much experience, you could be anywhere but here?   View Answer

International Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1st round was conducted on campus. No technical or behavior questions. Just asked to walk through resume, was given a description of the job.
    2nd round - superday. Was about 2.5 hours. Had 3 interviews, all with people who worked in groups other than the one i was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself by calling yourself a superhero, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

The hiring manager was really nice but didn't seen to have many questions to ask, it was a 15 minute interview if I didn't have my own questions. After going through some basic interview questions I was told that u would hear back shortly about a follow up interview next week, they even said they will be happy to work with my current job's schedule to make it happen. Over a month goes by hearing nothing to the receive an automated message that the position was filled. Found it highly unprofessional since I sent a thank you note, and an email asking for an update as I didn't her back when they said I should. Overall seemed like dull environment, so things worked in my favor.

Interview Questions
    • (They really had no difficult questions, so this is a stretch to say it was difficult) why do you want this position?   Answer Question