J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,510 Interview Reviews

2.9

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Started the process through my university's career services center. Was contacted via email that I was selected for a first round interview. It was half an hour and consisted of behavioral STAR questions and what I knew about the firm. About a week later I received another email stating that I had been selected for their "Super Day" which would take place the next day. It was 4 hours long, consisting of 2 behavioral interviews with mid- and higher-level managers. The final exercise was a timed group (there were 9 other applicants with me) problem statement that we had to figure out and present to both of the recruiters and the personnel that conducted the behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult: The group problem statement.

Unexpected: What is the difference between traditional and wholesale commodities that we trade in?

View Answer
    No negotiation. 2 weeks to respond. Hiring upon successful completion of drug test, fingerprinting, background check. Pretty standard for the industry.

Kyc Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with two individuals. They asked me about how much I knew about KYC and what I could add to the team. Very friendly and approachable. I felt like it was more a conversation than an interview.

Not negotiable

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

Fairly simple hiring and interview process. I completed the first round interview on my university's campus and was invited to the headquarters for a final round interview a couple business days later. The interviewers were extremely hospitable and personable. It wasn't a snooty white-collar atmosphere. Received notification of an offer the next business day. (I had a deadline, so they expedited the process)

Interview Questions
    • -What is difference between JP Morgan's wholesale commodities and commercial banking products? (or something like that)..can quite remember the exact question.
      -What are JP's products and services?
      -Why JP? Why operations?

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

three interviews in total. 1-1 in person interview. asked some question about my previous research. also some tricky questions. not so difficult. not related to finance at all. one stat question if you have set of data and do regression, what if you duplicate all the data and do regression on the new data set. questions are interesting

Interview Questions
    • if you have set of data and do regression, what if you duplicate all the data and do regression on the new data set   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and was offered an invitation to an event that I attended and had two interviews during. During the event we heard from upper level executives and toured the office.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you had two projects for different business clients due tomorrow (same date and time) but realistically did not have time to get them both done?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were working on a project due in two weeks and your boss left for vacation for two weeks and you realized a week into it that he had something you needed to complete the project?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was accepted through career services at school. The interview was two-part, one being more resume-based and another behavioral-based. Don't feel nervous or panicky because they realize this. Be yourself and answer truthfully. They rather have you say that you don't know rather than waste 5 minutes trying to make it up.

Interview Questions
    • Aside from the standard questions about why J.P. Morgan, and why the specific position, they asked about your three strongest and weakest attributes. Also your biggest accomplishments and a tough decision that you made.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Received a call from HR for a brief telephone interview. A few days later got a call from an Asst. Branch Manager to come into branch for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by the Branch Manager and Asst. Branch Manager. Typical behavioral questions asked during interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer and how did you deal with him/her?   Answer Question

Banker Associate Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a super day. Super day lasted for about 4 hours of thirty minutes a piece with groups of two or three. Mostly behavioral questions about why you want to work at JPMorgan and understanding of financial markets.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced adversity and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview was a phone interview that took approximately 30 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Second and third interviews were on-site with two managers from different departments. Lastly, a group activity was performed.

Intern Interview

It was an interesting experience. Everyone was very friendly and genuine. The interview was more like a conversation that an interrogation. While the processes was somewhat long, it was a nice rotational interview that allowed me to meet a significant number of employees. By far one of the best interview experiences I have had.