J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 21, 2015
2,591 Interview Reviews

2.9

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Phone screen followed by two in-person interviews. Starts with fundamentals and goes into details and I suggest a solid Java fundamentals knowledge would be a good thing before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • In person interviews are a kind of deep dive. I had the second in-person interview for 1.5 hrs covering most of the Java programming skills.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On-campus interview. Very straightforward. There were 2 people who did the interviewing-- 1 male, 1 female. They took turns asking questions but overall, it was run by the male. All behavioral questions, very easy. Get lots of sleep and relax-- no stressful questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

On-campus interview with two VPs in the Dallas GNPH division. One 30-min interview, then I received an email detailing the superday about a week later. I had one superday interview the following week (two weeks after my initial interview) that lasted 30-min. I was told I would be there all day, though, so that was a bit upsetting.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions for the first interview: give an example of leadership, what would you do if you were paired with a bad team, etc

2nd interview was more or less: walk me through your resume line-by-line

Answer Question

Team Leader Ops Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Typical phone screen but from there it took several in person interviews. Had a panel interview and interviewed with VPs, Directors and HR Manager. All together it took 7 interviews before I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Several of the questions are behavior based. And it's important to provide specific examples and speak to the impact.   Answer Question
    Straight forward. I received offer made a counter and they came closer to my ask.

Business Analyst Interview

Question: What is the importance of a flow chart?

Answer: When answering this question you need to make it clear that you understand what this tool is used for. A flow chart is a tool that provides a graphical representation of a process. This chart will make a system easy to understand for everyone that is involved with the project that is underway.

Question: What is a use case model?

Answer: A use case model is a tool that is used to describe the business environment. The goal of the tool is to show the actions and events that take place during a given process that is performed by an actor.

Question: What is UML modeling?

Answer: UML stands for Unified Modeling Language. It is the standard in the industry for visualizing, documenting and constructing various components of a system.

The interviewer will likely want to know that you understand how each of these tools is used in the daily life of a business analyst professional. It is crucial that you can describe the methods and techniques used for each tool in a manner that shows you know what you are talking about. Check out the following course to better understand financial modeling and be informed when you answer questions at your interview.

Question: What is an activity diagram and why is it significant?

Answer: The purpose of an activity diagram is to provide an outline of work flow in the business, including the action and activities that are completed. For example, with a company there is likely to be more than one department, with various access levels to the system. If there are departments including HR, Medical and Accounting, they only have access to the screens that relate to their work. An activity diagram will be used to highlight the differences in the departments, which is extremely helpful for developers when they are coding and designing.

Question: What is the role and responsibility of a business analyst?

Answer: If you are interviewing for the position of a business analyst, you should be able to answer this question without much thought. Some of the jobs of a business analyst will include comparing facts and figures, listening to managers and shareholders to provide effective solutions for problems and the negotiation of issues between departments. Check out the course on business analysis to learn more about your role in this position.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1. After you applied online through company career website, you will get an email from the recruiter. 2. I got a phone call from 2 associates currently working in the team
    3 After finishing a 2-1 interview, you will be told to wait for response

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

After applying through my university recruiting platform, I was contacted for an on campus interview. The initial interview was very basic, all behavioral and fit questions. I was contacted after by 3 separate employees for successive phone interviews. Each of these was similar to the first, no technical and all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you led a team (There were no unexpected questions)   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The interview took about 30 minutes and was fairly straightforward. No surprises or unexpected questions. The interview mostly consists of behavioral with some technical questions. The hiring manager was knowledgeable and welcoming.

No negotiations

Sourcing & Procurement Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had an on-campus, first round, interview with JP Morgan. There were 2 interviewers, one was very intimidating and ran most of the interview, the other was very laid back. They asked very simple questions like having me go through my resume. They asked about how interested i would be in the position and a couple other simple behavioral questions.

Specialist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

telephone, in person. 2 interviers interviewing one after the other which I found desirable and diplomatic.I have had video interviews, in person interviews, phone interviews, so there are many interviewing styles being utilized.

Interview Questions
    • Applying real-life scenarios "on the spot" from the past experiences to evidence capabilities is always toughest for me.   Answer Question
    no negotiation