J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,954 Interview Reviews

2.9

Hedge Fund Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy going interview. First person asked me what a hedge fund was and how to calculate NAV. Other than that mostly fit/behavioral questions. I interviewed with four people in total. First, one on one, second was two people, last was the AVP of the hedge fund services group. Very easy going process.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? What is a hedge fund? How do you calculate NAV?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

4 weeks process
    apply on J.P. Morgan's carrier web and get an interview opportunity from recruiter
    2 interviews, one with recruiter and the other one with ED
    Interview last for half an hour
    ask for case, behavior, and technique questions
    no unexpected questions
    interviewers are very nice and kind
    get the offer two weeks after the interview

Chase Private Client Banker Interview

Interview

normal interview questions, meet with multiple levels of managers. at least 3, sometimes more. process takes 2-6 weeks. not too difficult. looking for good personality and knowledgeable employees. thats all

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

My interview was quick and thorough. They made it clear I would be unable to keep my part time job bartending as all second jobs had to be approved by the higher ups. I had a thorough understanding of the job requirements.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through university career services. Had phone interview followed by an in person one. Easy process as a whole. Mainly all behavioral questions. No questions were overly challenging and you will be fine as long as you prepare.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

HR phone screen: week 1

Round one at site with manager who was VP, his boss the ED and another VP. Each 30 mins . Mainly how your work ex relates to the job. Week 2

Round 2: Meeting with MD and another VP who I would be working with. Week 3

got a call from HR next day saying prospect looks good, salary talk and official offer will come one week later after approval.

JPM moves very fast so usually the process is completed and offer made in 3-4 weeks from first interview

Interview Questions

• Mainly walk me through your resume and how it relates to the job applied   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them my expected salary.,. they came very close, did not negotiate much as it was a good bump from my previous base

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Positive experience . Very focused process standard interview process: 1 phone screening with the hiring manager with veto on the hiring process. Most important I would say, 2 technical onsite interviews with guys from different teams. Mostly technical questions and resume questions. If you have a financial background or experience, one of the interviewers will ask about it. Algorithms, OOP, Design patterns, system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the system you was working on.   Answer Question
    • Give example of 2-3 design pattern you used in your code.   Answer Question
    • Write a Fibonacci function with recursion.   Answer Question
    • You have an array with n number find 2 numbers from this array with given sum.
      Can you do it in O(nlogn), O(n) time ?

Answer Question

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. More than one person on both rounds. Manager was also present during both rounds and he asked me general questions. Other person on the interview was asking technical questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions on Java collection Framework, Spring, Hibernate etc.   Answer Question

Retail Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

A very long process in many locations. Over 4 months meeting various senior managers in cross-functional groups. I initially did not get an offer, but did receive an offer from another firm in which I called back the hiring manager at Chase and told him about the competitor offer and he invited me back in and I had the Chase offer in less than a week - so, don't give up!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what's not on the resume?   1 Answer

Business Analysis and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

3 step process. 1st round record yourself and submit it via an app which was completely ridiculous. Absolutely no interaction. You talk about yourself to yourself. 2nd round was a phone interview which went well. Last round I met with the entire time. 1 on 1 but it was 5 people back to back. Felt like it went really well. I answered all their questions and felt like I connected with each interviewer. They said they would call me with their decision but never received a call, but I did get a really informal email and when I emailed the recruiter they never answered. When I texted the hiring manager, no answer. When I called the project manager they never called me back. So all in all a really negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you excelled in a project. Weather school or work   Answer Question