J.P. Morgan

2,083 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analyst Interview

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – First phone screening interview with HR. Very standard, mostly going through my resume. Then in person interview with 3 people, one supervisor. Each focused on different things. Two were behavioral, one more conversational.

Interview Question – What are 5 weaknesses of yours?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details – I just had one interview, but it took 3 weeks to get a job offer from recruiter that did not want to negotiate anything just offered a flat salary and that was it, had to accept it since my unemployment was running out. Started 2 weeks after background and drug testing clearance.

Interview Question – None, the interview was easy, no behavior questions, which was a nice change.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details – Met on campus. 2-30 min interviews. Several behavioral based questions, mostly resume review. Both were managers explaining their roles in the company and how important internships are to enter into the banking industry.

Interview Question – CORE questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager Interview

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview Details – Its for a 1 year contract PM position through a staffing firm. I had 3 phone interviews with a peer (PM), Program Dir, AD Director. There was no f2f interview since the need was urgent. They didnt give an answer until I really pushed my HR to get one. Then they offered the job.

Interview Question – None. Regular PM questions   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was extremely quick for this particular project. I only had 1 technical phone interview with 3 of their employees (VP, Mgr and BA) who were focused on programming techniques only.

Interview Question – This was one company where there were none of those nebulous questions asked. Only very specific questions concentrated on one area of technical expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Working with a consulting firm, their was no negotiation. They had an upper limit and that's what was offered.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – My contractor, Modis, set up a phone interview with a senior manager and 2 managers that reported to her. I was currently working and had to interview from my car. I was out of gas so I could not run the air conditioner and I couldn't put the windows down because it was raining so hard. I asked them if they adhered to defined processes and that they followed industry best practices. She assured me they did. Unfortunately, she lied. The employer is taking a chance that their potential client is being honest and providing an accurate accounting of their skills. In this case, I found that my interviewers were not being honest and providing an accurate accounting of how they ran their shop. I will make sure I ask more pointed questions next time I am interviewing a company for possible employment.

Interview Question – They asked if I had QTP (Quick Test Pro) experience and I had to tell them that I had not been formally trained and had not used it in several years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter had already told me that the offer was $38 per hour. I did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Had three rounds with Senior Managers and asked me what I wanted to do and why I would like to join the company

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Laid back and no technical questions. two thirty minute on campus interviews. I interviewed for the internship program. Nice people work there and I recommend staying calm during the interview and relaxing. They liked seeing financial models that I created using MS Excel I hope this helps you other candidates. Good Luck to you!!

Interview Question – Name Three Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question

Summer Marketing Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – 6 total interviews:
1 initial hour-long interview
3 half hour interviews for Superday
2 half hour interviews a week later

All were phone interviews. All asked about J.P Morgan as a company, why I wanted to work there, and why they should hire me. There were also then some questions about my resume, as well as scenarios and behavioral questions. During the Superday, they ask questions that seemed designed to throw me off to see how I would handle it.

Interview Question – Think of a product or service that no one has ever thought of before that you think would be revolutionary for your university. How would you market it?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Just called walked in said a few things we had a drink and I got the job

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan