J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

Bankruptcy Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired at a site that had like 200+ openings in the Bankruptcy Department, I applied online and received a phone call 2 hours after submitting application. I did not have BK experience but over 10+ years banking experience, During that first phone call they requested a onsite interview scheduled for 3 days after.

The Interview lasted 10 minutes and I was offered the job. The interviewer used a guide on the questions I was asked.

Interview Question – It was a short interview and the questions were generic- nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Summer Corporate Analyst Interview

Summer Corporate Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR person who found my resume on my school's career website. I was scheduled for a 30-minute on-campus interview with the VP of the group I was going to work with. Most of the questions were behavioral questions (e.g. strengths & weaknesses, teamwork, difficult situations, etc.).

Interview Question – The interviewer asked a brain-teaser/math related question and allowed me time to answer. We then sat in silence for almost 10 minutes. I managed to answer correctly.   Answer Question

Asset Manager Interview

Asset Manager

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Applying thro Chase.com then careers.... create your profile, then search for jobs by areas of interest, and location since Chase is huge. Of course review the job description and match them with your experience . Yes you can apply to as many jobs as you want.

Interview Question – normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple you apply online and then they call you to set up a date to come on in. You interview with the assistant manager first then you interview with the branch manager. they'll ask you bank related question and give you small overview of work and salaries.

Interview Question – honestly nothing to difficult just dress sharp and do not ask about pay let them talk to you about it first!   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Question – How do you handle Stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Associate AML Risk Assessment Interview

Associate AML Risk Assessment
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview consisting of Group Director and 2 VP's. 30 minutes was allocated to the group Director then 40 minutes with each of the leads. After that the offer came in about 24 hours after the interview process. Total onboarding process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Write a paragraph on Anti-Money Laundering methodology   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 24 hours before the offer was submitted

Executive Office Quality Analyst III Interview

Executive Office Quality Analyst III
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details – You better know someone unless you have a degree. The way to get in is to have a good referral from someone who works there. You will get drug test and background check 1st then a phone interview then an In person. There is sometimes a second interview if they are undecided.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions mostly situational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, was a take it or leave it situation

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – They get most hires through the internship process. However, be prepared for multiple rounds of interviews (including in person and on the phone, you will speak with people from varying locations) and be prepared to demonstrate past work to show accomplishments. Interviewers are generally very kind, but can be a little intimidating.

Interview Question – What is my value to the world?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Process involves a lot of networking, both with your school's alumni base and with people in the group you're interested in. It is almost impossible to get into the bank if you don't come from a target school or don't find alumni who will push you through.

Interview Question – Variety of technical questions - Walk me through a DCF, Qualities of a good LBO, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Coming through the MBA recruiting process there is very little negotiation. You come in with a class of 60-80 other MBAs all at the same salary/signing bonus/start date