J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,255 interviews

2.9

Vice President Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with three people in person, separately. I don't believe I had a phone interview, at least not like the ones I had with other banks where the HR person interviews you like a real interview over the phone. Hired within two months from the first interview. First interview was with the boss and then with the boss's peers. Friendly interviewers. They made you feel at ease. No hard questions. Just the standard: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the position. They never asked the type of compensation I was looking for. HR kept me in the loop, but I had to call a few times to see the status.

Interview Questions

Pay was not high enough.

Bank Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Took two weeks to hear back from them. I got an unexpected call from the assistance manager asking me if im still interested in the position, then we set up an interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? A difficult situation with customer?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

went through a employee application/recommendation, received phone call for interview, 4 interviews in one day the following week ranging from Associate level, VP, and Executive Director, 2 phone interviews with HR, 1 phone with another VP, received offer from HR after 4 to 6 weeks

none

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through university career services, process took two weeks.
    Recruiter called a week after the final round of interviews.

The questions were mainly behavioral type stuff with an occasional technical thrown in here and there. Prior to your interview, you should definitely look at the specific questions that other people have posted. Some are repeated throughout different interviews.

Interview Questions
    interns dont get to negotiate

Telephone Banker Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I completed the application online and was immediately contacted by a recruiter from Chase. She was extremely pleasant and completed an initial interview with me over the phone to assure that I was well qualified for the position. I was then scheduled to come in for a panel interview(3 Managers). I was very please with the interviewers and the process. All of the managers were very pleasant, down to earth and very informative. They made the interview feel very comfortable, yet they maintained their professionalism. I felt very confident interviewing for Chase. The environment was also very friendly. I was greeted by everyone who passed by and it seems like they really have a great group of people working for them. I am looking forward to working with Chase!

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavioral questions.For example, Name a time where a company policy made it easy for you to not follow the rules? This was a difficult one to answer.   Answer Question
    I was please that J.P Morgan Chase actually looked over my experience. My experience was reviewed and I was offered more based on the review.

Intern Interview

Applied online after talking to someone at an on campus event. First round was a phone interview about two weeks after I applied. Questions were a mix of behavioral and general finance questions. The next step was an on site interview about a few weeks later. This interview was a super day where 25 or so other people were all on site to interview for the internship. They split us into groups of 5 with 4 interviewers per group. We rotated to each of the interviewers for a 30 minute interview with each person and one 30 minute break. The actual interviews all varied. One was just a light behavior one and more of a chat about past work, hobbies and things like that. Another was a fast paced interview where questions were thrown at you about finance, the market, personal questions, and anything else. The other two interviews were a somewhere where in between. What annoyed me about this process was that 3 of the 4 people I interviewed with seemed to be intentionally mean to try and test you. The interviews seemed mostly not be about performing under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. It was all stuff you should have scene in any finance interview study guides. It was only difficult because the questions were rattled off so fast and if you didn't answer quickly and confidently you'd be pushed further down that line of questions.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst - Contractor to Permanent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

They like to bring on new hires through staffing agencies.

When the contracting period ends---they will attempt to make you a permanent hire. They will offer you a substantially lower wage than what you were getting as a contractor. Be prepared negotiate your salary and to answer these following questions from the in-house recruiter:

1. What did you make last year?
    2. What did you make the year before that?
    3. What is your AML experience? (excluding this experience)

The amounts you give will dictate what you'll be offered.

If you don't take the offer, you'll contract will not be renewed. It's a take it or get fired type of scenario. So, you'll be replaced with newer contract workers that make more $ than you, the person who has been there for a period of time. It doesn't make sense and instills a sense of disloyalty, but this is what they do.

Interview Questions

Insulted by offer amount, took a job elsewhere.

QA Agile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied at company website
    Recruiter :
    Background, current salary
    Introduction Round:
    Product Owner:
    Background, Process followed in the current project
    Skill Evaluation Round
    Panel: 2 interviewers (expected a panel of 3)
    Time: 40 minutes

1) Manifesto of Agile
    2) Define Agile in layman language
    3) What are the ceremonies in Agile
    4) Who attends scrum of scrums
    5) How do you interact with developers, is it direct or through product owner
    6) How do you estimate efforts for a user story?

1) What kind of application you are testing in your current project?
    2) How will you identify objects if in case there is no ID defined?

1) What is the process you do after you a get feature file from a developer?
    2) What is the continuous integration process?
    3) How to print the reports in soap ui?
    4) Have you used Jenkins?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Final Round in person-
    Time: 1.5 hrs
    Interviewer: Hiring Manager
    Gave an overview of the project and the candidate' role
    1) Tell me about the experience in the agile process.
    2) What is the build process
    3) How will you determine the test coverage
    4) What is the velocity in the current project
    5) How will you choose which tool to use for testing purpose
    6) How do you estimate the user stories
    7) What is technical debt?

Development Team: 3 members

1) How will you decide about the test cases. Approach?
    2) How can the development team visually see the test results? (By Reports)
    3) How will you organize your tests?
    4) What is the build process
    5) What is back - log grooming?
    6) What is smoke, sanity and regression testing?
    7) How will you determine what all tests to cover in the regression suite?
    8) What is code refactoring?
    8) What is VB descriptive programming (taken up from the resume)
    9) Brief about cucumber and HP QTP.

Interview Questions
    offered a first number; gave him my expected salary; he went back to the hiring manager; the approval took more than a month. finally approved

Private Equity Fund Accountant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview consisted of about 6 people, for 30 minutes each. Not one break for three hours. The first interviewer asked me questions specifically about the role, then proceeded to ask me a technical question, with a scenario and to write out journal entries. The next interviewer used his entire interview to answer questions, he didn't ask one question, just simply told me to "Keep asking him more questions". Luckily, I was very curious about the position. The rest simply asked personal questions about my background, and what made me a good fit for the position. After the interview, I never heard back from JP Morgan or the recruiter. I followed up with the recruiter, as well as the hiring managers, and received no answer.

Interview Questions
    • "How much gas money does it take to drive to San Diego from here and back?"   View Answer

Chase Vice President Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Casual first interview then second interview at main headquarters in Phoenix. I was told that I just needed a month to ramp up then I would be making at least 70,000 and upwards from there. I made less in the 8 months I was employed here than I made on my paper route in high school. The role was embellished and no one was honest about the true job situation or pay.

Interview Questions
    • What salary do you need to make to take this job?   View Answer