J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Asset Manager Interview

Asset Manager

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Applying thro Chase.com then careers.... create your profile, then search for jobs by areas of interest, and location since Chase is huge. Of course review the job description and match them with your experience . Yes you can apply to as many jobs as you want.

Interview Question – normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple you apply online and then they call you to set up a date to come on in. You interview with the assistant manager first then you interview with the branch manager. they'll ask you bank related question and give you small overview of work and salaries.

Interview Question – honestly nothing to difficult just dress sharp and do not ask about pay let them talk to you about it first!   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Question – How do you handle Stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Associate AML Risk Assessment Interview

Associate AML Risk Assessment
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview consisting of Group Director and 2 VP's. 30 minutes was allocated to the group Director then 40 minutes with each of the leads. After that the offer came in about 24 hours after the interview process. Total onboarding process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Write a paragraph on Anti-Money Laundering methodology   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 24 hours before the offer was submitted

Executive Office Quality Analyst III Interview

Executive Office Quality Analyst III
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details – You better know someone unless you have a degree. The way to get in is to have a good referral from someone who works there. You will get drug test and background check 1st then a phone interview then an In person. There is sometimes a second interview if they are undecided.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions mostly situational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, was a take it or leave it situation

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – They get most hires through the internship process. However, be prepared for multiple rounds of interviews (including in person and on the phone, you will speak with people from varying locations) and be prepared to demonstrate past work to show accomplishments. Interviewers are generally very kind, but can be a little intimidating.

Interview Question – What is my value to the world?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Process involves a lot of networking, both with your school's alumni base and with people in the group you're interested in. It is almost impossible to get into the bank if you don't come from a target school or don't find alumni who will push you through.

Interview Question – Variety of technical questions - Walk me through a DCF, Qualities of a good LBO, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Coming through the MBA recruiting process there is very little negotiation. You come in with a class of 60-80 other MBAs all at the same salary/signing bonus/start date

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – *Submitted resume to career center at school
*Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
*Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
*Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
*1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Question – *Where do you get your news from
*How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
*Why operations
*What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
*Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
*How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
*Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
  Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Area Manager, took 3 weeks to hear back. Then had to do a phone interview with Market Manager which was pretty easy. Offer came directly from hiring manager

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard. As an internal transfer I knew what they wanted to hear   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - internal transfer so I had to take it or leave it

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Senior Loan Processor
Columbus, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – Too many hoops to jump through...too many people involved in the hiring process. Dealing with hiring manager/recruiter about issues they had no business being involved in. The hiring manager/recruiter did not know much about the position being interviewed for.

Interview Question – The actual interview was very easy and the manager interviewing me was very pleasant. The interview itself was actually very laid back and not a lot of employment questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. They made an offer and I counteroffered and they declined.