J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

2,064 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Many behavioral questions. All about past leadership experiences and experiences with a team. Interviewed by two people in a thirty minute interview. Very professional. Attend networking events beforehand.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you regret a decision you made and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Private Wealth Management Internship Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – You apply online in around November or so. If they like your resume, you'll get a phone call or e-mail to notify you for beginning interviews. If you do well in your interviews, they'll bring approx the top 2% of all applicants to the final round interviews. The final round interviews push you into 4-5 interviews with multiple people in each interview.

Interview Question – If you were a trader and were the only person who could trade on 9/11/2001, what would you buy and what would you sell?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Development Program Interview

Newark, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication through someone in the management department. Set up a phone interview in December, went very well and was then emailed to come into the offices for 2 face-to-face interviews with hiring managers. Interviews took place in early February and went very well, nothing too technical. Attempted to follow up 3 or 4 times and my emails and phone calls were simply ignored by HR. Eventually got an email saying they decided elsewhere. Really disappointed with the process and communication with HR.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Private Bank Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Interview Details – Informational interview, followed by on campus multi-round interview

Interview Question – Mostly about discussing market developments intelligently, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – amazing experience. interview was tough. asked a bunch of market related questions. follow the economist and comprehend jp morgan mission statement. do a lot of research on the employers interviewing you. interview not too long, 15-30 min. make sure to establish yourself and remind them of your wonderful skill set what you can offer to their company.

Interview Question – "what makes you a better fit than your competitors?"   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – One on Campus Interview 1 hour,30 mins with each interviewer.

Interview Question – If you noticed an error in a deck 5 minutes before the presentation what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with internships.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Takes about a month. Know customer service questions and you'll do fine.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Operations Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview Details – A family member of mine knew a top guy that works in operations at J.P. Morgan, and he got me in touch with him. My GPA is lower than what they wanted for the ops internship, however, he put in a good word for me so I got the phone interview. They are very busy with interviews, so when they ask if you can make the specific time, TAKE IT! I couldn't make the first time and it took another week to have the phone interview (and they also thought, maybe she doesn't want to work for us). The guy who interviewed me was very friendly, which I think made the interview go very smoothly.

Interview Question – I expected these questions because I did the research, but one question was 1. "What if you were presenting in front of a board and realized ten minutes ahead of time that there was a typo in your presentation. What do you do?" Another question was 2. "Your boss has assigned you a project for the whole length of the summer; however, he leaves for two weeks just as you are getting started on it and find that you are stuck. What do you do?" The last question I would be sure to know is 3. "What can you tell me about yourself that isn't on your resume?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Going on to another round

Relationship Manager Interview

Morristown, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very lengthy process. Process took me three total months because the market I was interviewing for was so busy it was hard to make time to schedule an interview. Overall the interview has the standard questions which separate you from the rest. I just focus on expressing my desire to help their company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in two years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was only 50k where at BofA it is 65+

Financial Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – the interview process moves very fast. questions are standard and not more challenging than smaller companies. hire for full-time positions will be interviewed by the entire team. if you are not local, they will have a lot of phone interviews before deciding to invite you to the office.

Interview Question – behavioral questions   Answer Question