J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

3,144 Interview Reviews

2.9

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I uploaded my resume to a career fair website and received an interview invitation email two weeks before the career fair. I interviewed with a recruiter at the scheduled time at the hotel lobby bar where the career fair was held. The interview lasted only about 15 minutes and I felt the recruiter did the interview as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Please go through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Which roles and responsibilities offered by the program are you most interested in? (financial control, external reporting, governance & program management, business management)   Answer Question

Software Problem Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Immediate manager, some team members, parallel manager, brief meeting with the manager's manager. Very thorough. I was impressed by the technical and business knowledge of the interviewers. The tone was conversational and we talked about each other's project knowledge in an informal way, but it was definitely no BS.

Interview Questions

• Specifics on how I would use (for example) unix commands to investigate an issue.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview from a recruiter. I had an interview with 3 people - two VPs' and one associate. The first VP was very easy going and did not ask tough questions. He would not have been my direct manager, so I don't think he cared too much. Then this associate - he wanted to grill me on my resume, and he talked a lot about how great he is and how great it is to work for JP because it has a name. The last interviewer - VP - He was tough too, but being fair. after two weeks, I still haven't heard any feed back from them.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The interview is through this new application in the internet called HireVue. In the app, you are given 8 questions and you have 30 seconds to prepare for each question. You are being recorded in each question and only have one opportunity once you start.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult task you were facd with and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with the Regional Manager, then once I passed the phone interview I was asked to meet in person with the Regional Manager for a face to face interview, after that I then was scheduled for another face to face with the Regional and District manager's. I was then sent an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Senior Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was quite sometime ago, it took place at the branch with two managers present,asking about former work history and what was I looking for in an employer, did I expect long term employment and the rate of pay expected, do I work well with others

Interview Questions

• Did I have a problem having a younger supervisor   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lake Mary, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email four days later for an interview through Hirevue. After Web interview I received a call three days later for a face to face interview. The interview was average. So now I am awaiting a job offer hopefully. Chase has really great benefits that I would love to take advantage of

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A phone interview with hiring manager, then an "in person interview" at their NYC location with one team member actually in person. The group on the phone was semi chaotic and everyone was just firing away questions at will. There was one guy who asked questions and met every answer with an aggressive "No we cant do that!" The H.M. stated that some team members were stubborn and not willing to change, the second group instantly started to over say how there are no egos and everyone respects each others ideas, which was not remotely the case with me. Second group of people, on the phone again, during in person interview again stated that there were those who "Want to steer the ship in their direction only!" There was clearly one guy who did not want to move beyond 1999 web standards. Others on the phone were also rude, including one woman who several times interrupted and said only yes or no answers please! The job was even a waste of talent: they need a UX design who is not allowed to make multiple pages, MUST adhere to a predetermined template, and who is not allowed to change huge scrolling pages, which apparently is still an issue in their designs.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were required to show a lot of text on a page, but couldn't change the scroll or change the template.   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and completed assessment. Next day I received a phone call from recruiter asking me a few questions(Prior experience). She scheduled me an interview with District Manager. Came to interview it was interview to find out it was a group interview with two Managers and the DM. Interview went great. It lasted a little over a hour. It was a relaxed setting since I already knew the DM and one BM from my first stint working at Chase as a teller. Two business days later I receive a phone call asking for a phone interview with the Market Manager. She said it would be brief, only about 5 minutes. This usually means they have decided on you. It just needs their approval. It is the most important. You do not want it to last 5 minutes. They are looking for you to make the conversation exciting and build rapport with them. I receive a call three business days later saying everything looks good and they are waiting for the final say-so from the DM but he was on vacation that week so I would hear back the week he comes back. The next week I received a offer. Currently in the pre-employment process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you establish trust and build rapport?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with an u satisfied customer?   Answer Question
    • What is your approach when you set appointments?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were struggling to meet your goals. How did you overcome your struggles?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback to help you develop a skill?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you felt it was necessary to make an exception to policy?   Answer Question
    • Why Chase?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Describe how your prior work and education will help in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered 38k base which was higher than my current base so I accepted.

Risk Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first got a call that generally got an overview of my employment history, to see if the position is a good fit. Then I attended a face-to-face interview in a few days. Two days after, I got a call telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral/situational questions. Mostly on how I handle fellow employees and customers in different scenarios.   Answer Question