J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,255 interviews

2.9

Bank Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

The hiring was an easy process. They have you finger printed, and reimburse you the cost. They run a background. The interview was a cake walk, very casual yet professional.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals for a career at chase or for your future career?   View Answer
    I negotiated my pay, they met me 95%.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Very lengthy process often candidates go to other places, before getting selected, process should be as fast as possible. Often interviewers are in-experienced, and communication is difficult. Nothing outside the box.

Interview Questions
    • Production is most important, which is understandable, but not everything, architecture was not there at all in the mind set of JP.   Answer Question
    Iterative

AML Compliance Analyst - Contractor to Permanent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

They like to bring on new hires through staffing agencies.

When the contracting period ends---they will attempt to make you a permanent hire. They will offer you a substantially lower wage than what you were getting as a contractor. Be prepared negotiate your salary and to answer these following questions from the in-house recruiter:

1. What did you make last year?
    2. What did you make the year before that?
    3. What is your AML experience? (excluding this experience)

The amounts you give will dictate what you'll be offered.

If you don't take the offer, you'll contract will not be renewed. It's a take it or get fired type of scenario. So, you'll be replaced with newer contract workers that make more $ than you, the person who has been there for a period of time. It doesn't make sense and instills a sense of disloyalty, but this is what they do.

Interview Questions

Insulted by offer amount, took a job elsewhere.

Virtual Desktop Support Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

recieved interview .Firt 2 over the phone and 3rd in person. Very methodical. first one was basic experience questions from your resume. second specifically technical questions about the position to gauge your subject matter expertise. 3 rd was behavioural and tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Design a virtual desktop infrastructure and explain it to us in layman terms.   View Answer

The offer was 30% lower than what I was making at present company.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview and hiring process quick and less than two weeks. There was phone interview and then group interview with the team face to face. The interview questions were mostly from my resume.

Network Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I started off as a contractor then I looked for internal postings. Applied for a position on the intranet.
    I got an email back then a phone interview by 2 managers then a face to face then I was emailed an offer letter.

I had to guess.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Was scheduled in for a phone interview. From my understanding there was 2 phone interviews then a in person interview. You had to make it pass the first two get in person. The first interview was all technical questions. The only thing he asked outside of technical questions was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • A drop of water grows in a pond every second, it takes 60 seconds to fill the pond. How long does it take to fill 1/4 the ponds?   View Answers (2)

Executive Director Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Applied through the company website. I was contacted very quickly after my application was submitted for an initial meeting with the HR recruiter. I had a total of six interviews, over the course of three weeks.

Interview Questions
    They were very reasonable.

Business Support Specialist II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Applied online in January received a call and conducted a phone interview in February 2013 and interviewed in person the same month about 2 weeks later by 2 people and offered the position 03/05/13.

Interview Questions
    • I was not presented with a question that i found to be difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was not hard had from for leverage to work with

AML/KYC Interview

The recruiter contacted me based on a submitted profile. He was eager to get me in for an interview as the hiring managers were right in the middle of a huge hiring wave, and were in town for 2 weeks. He spoke to me on the phone for 20-25 minutes, said he was very excited to put me forward and thought I was a very strong candidate based on my resume, my background and my phone personality. He asked for a very easy writing sample (250-300 words and gave me a very easy topic). Once that was submitted he got me scheduled for an interview for the following week. He was there the day of the interview. It was 2 separate interview with 2 people per interview. One was the HR person and one was in the management/leadership chain. Both interviews lasted about 20-30 min, max. Both were different but asked some of the same questions. They asked about writing ability, ability to stand up for myself against senior level people, ability to analyze issues, do research, and some general leadership traits. I got a great sense that the interview was going very well. They explained the position and the structure of the bank in great detail and told me exactly where I would be working and the kind of work they expected me to do. The position was fairly new so they made it clear that things could be very different and that I should expect to be flexible. The recruiter met me after both interviews were over and told me that the first set of interviewers had already told him they were impressed. He reinforced the salary range that he quoted me when we had the phone interview. They said they planned to make a decision within the next 2 weeks. I received a call back about 4 days later making me the offer. They made an offer at the top end of the salary that he quoted me. Although it was a decrease in pay from my previous job (which they asked about) they ensured me that it was a bonus-eligible position which should help with the overall compensation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. It was mostly personality based. All the skills necessary for the job were apparent from my background and resume.   Answer Question
    I told them what I made at my previous job, and told them what I was expecting. I was given a salary range by the recruiter prior to the in person interview and when they made the offer it was the top end of the salary quote. The salary quoted was only base compensation and did not include bonus.