J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 25, 2014
2,455 Interview Reviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied through school recruiting site, received interview invitation couple days after submitting resume, I had enough time to prepare for interview. I felt the recruiting process goes really fast (resume-interview invitation-interview)

Interview Questions
    • interviewer asked me something very technical in regards to internal control   View Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Several interviews beginning with a phone screening and moving to an in person meeting with recruiter and then manager. An offer was made by the recruiter over the phone and was contingent on passing a background check including fingerprinting and criminal review.

Interview Questions
    • How do you leverage partnerships when you are only able to communicate by phone?   Answer Question
    Negotiation on start date and salary but little movement.

Business Analyst Interview

It was very casual and was a very long time ago. I do not remember much about the interview. It started off with a phone conversation with the human resources department. I also met with a project manager and a couple developers before being offered the job. Very conversational interview.

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was on campus and just behavioral questions. They just want a feel for you. You get asked the basic questions such as tell me about yourself and why J.P Morgan

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

THe team at JP Morgan was very responsive and helpful. The internship was an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend it for undergrads. You learn a lot about the corporate environment and about working independently on projects. There were several social events to keep interns engaged and we even had the opportunity to see c-suite execs speak via telepresensce.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you've had to deal witha difficult team member.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Development Program (Full-Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Went through the university career center. Submitted resume online. Heard back from the company wanting to schedule an interview on campus. The first interview was basic behavioral questions designed to see how good of a fit you would be for the program. My interviewer seemed to know less about the program than I did (she had only just joined). Towards the end of the interview I asked her questions about the program itself with which she answered "I'm not entirely sure". Overall average interview. Not many difficult questions to answer. Was disappointed in the lack of professionalism with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • You found an error in your presentation 10 minutes before it was due to be presented. What would you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied to attend a corporate event where students were paired with each other and had to do a case study. From there J.P Morgan Chase handled it all. Communicated with students interested in the internship. You just had to show up

Associate Corporate & Investment Bank Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I got the interview for the E-trading Analyst Summer Program. First I submit my resume and then i got a phone interview. They ask some basic behavior questions, brain teaser about how to get the height of a building using a coin, economy questions and went through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Economy questions are really hard to respond. Like talk about the world economy.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

They have preferred placement vendors; who will test you over and above, what is required for the role. (eg) They pay for couple online exams for DBA, etc.,
    Then the manager and few team members invited for telephone interview, in which they went over my resume and asked technical questions based on the skills: RDBMS, Unix, Windows, Shell scripting, Business Objects, etc.,
    Then the vendor arranged for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • ** In person interview gave me the surprise, that the job was for application support and not really DBA. :) Same manager and team members, explained the job role.
      Two more managers from different teams, interviewed me individually, pretty much intended to check the attitude, to fit the company culture.
      Overall my interview was not tough.
        Answer Question
    I just asked for some additional moving expense. No issue. They offered.