J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
2,349 Interview Reviews

2.9

Personal Banker II Interview

online application and assessment, person to person interview with Branch Manager and District Manager, background check, and you're hired! After being hired, there is quite a bit of training that you go to (this stays constant through employment)

Strategy and Process Improvement Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied via JP Morgan career site. Took about 3 weeks to hear back. Initial HR screen with very basic questions. Initially applied for a higher level role but was given an interview for a slightly lower role.

First round on site with 3 different people (higher levels ). 20% focus on fit / resume , remainder were cases. Two of the three interviewers were very professional, engaging, etc. Third interviewer showed up late, talked on phone during interview, and ended it early.

Invited back for final round with head of group. 85% case with a few fit questions mixed in. Much more quantitative in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the market size of magazine readers in Country X.   Answer Question
    • Our nonprofit has experienced declining profits. Give me your recommendations on how we can improve the situation.   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Phone interview and skype phone interview with strong accent and difficult to understand. The technical questions are not the way to looking for people. It is do it for process. Not really want to hire anyone.

Project Manager Interview

As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

long interview. too many interviews. hard to contact. will not interview again. why did i ever apply to this job? they are making this process to long for nothing. why am i still typing a review for this company

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Took two weeks to hear back from them. I got an unexpected call from the assistance manager asking me if im still interested in the position, then we set up an interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? A difficult situation with customer?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with three people in person, separately. I don't believe I had a phone interview, at least not like the ones I had with other banks where the HR person interviews you like a real interview over the phone. Hired within two months from the first interview. First interview was with the boss and then with the boss's peers. Friendly interviewers. They made you feel at ease. No hard questions. Just the standard: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the position. They never asked the type of compensation I was looking for. HR kept me in the loop, but I had to call a few times to see the status.

Interview Questions

Pay was not high enough.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Selected for interview for Operations Analyst Internship, after interviewing expressed interest in Financial Anaylst Internship. Had two 30 minute phone interviews and recieved offer for both position in the following week.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know excel? Tell me a few keyboard shortcuts you know.   Answer Question