J.P. Morgan

2,214 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

UAT Tester Interview

UAT Tester

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Interview process is very long. They took a week to setup the interview. It took about a month to come in for an in person interview. There was no follow up after the session.

Interview Question – Not to many questions asked.   View Answer

Personal Banker II Interview

Personal Banker II

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details – You must apply online and there is a short assessment which is not too hard. I went through 3 interviews. Two of them were with branch managers and the third was with the district manager. After that you wait for a formal offer and your background to come back.

Interview Question – Many of the questions asked were about personal experiences regarding situations.   Answer Question

Licensed Relationship Banker Interview

Licensed Relationship Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

Interview Details – Very straight forward with the questions. Mostly want to get to know you and how you have overcome difficult situations. You will meet with the management team of the particular branch where you will be placed and also the district manager of the district in which they manage.

Interview Question – Role playing a "difficult situation" which wasn't difficult at all if you come from a sales background.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with JP Morgan twice, about 3 years apart for different positions, and had the same experience each time. A company that treats you like a piece of dirt. There is a reason JP Morgan is facing billions in lawsuits and fines. No ethics no morals.

Interview Question – You say your last company is downsizing, how come that's not what they told me?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Filled to the brim with jerks.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – Rigorous interview process to meet across many teams. You first have to get a first screening. Then you go in to meet with the hiring manager. Then you meet with the senior level on the team. Then you meet with all the analysts.

Interview Question – What is the theory behind the capital assets pricing model   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2 / 3 rounds phone interview each round 2 - 3 analysts / associates; then final VC interview with 3 directors / VPs
usually 15/20 min of behavioral + 15/20 min of tech (standard corp fin / accounting questions)
most of them are very nice + busy so they won't bother you with crazy questions

Interview Question – answer a tech question in another language. not prepared for that   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

Personal Banker II

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – I had to do an online application and complete personal banker test (behavioral questions and math test). After that I received a phone call from the recruiter and was invited for an interview. After 2 weeks received another phone call for the second interview. 3 days later recruiter called me with a job offer.

Interview Question – sell me a checking acct   Answer Question

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Applications Developer Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process is very slow.Not at all professional.Interview was re scheduled several times.After 4 rounds of interview are over they will keep as waiting telling all sorts of excuses until they get more suitable candidates.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen + one single on site where i was meeting the team discussing projects from previous assignments.
JPMC on many occasions is not hiring right away. They do take person to work for them as temp and after certain amount of time (3-6 months) they can convert person to full-time. All the offer parameters are discussed at that time.

Interview Question – About IBM MQ Series internals - name all MQ Series objects.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Between my manager and myself

Retirement Education Specialist Interview

Retirement Education Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – Relaxed, 2 interviews with 3 people total. First with one person, then with 2 different people. A lot over the phone before hand with a recruiter I never met. Most of the onboarding stuff is done online. The atmosphere is a little stagnant but overall the interview was pretty relaxed.

Interview Question – Usual "tell us the worst thing about you" and "what would you say your worst quality is" etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.