J.P. Morgan

2,435 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On site. 3 hour interview with 6 people. Many behavior questions. Heard from the interviewers in one month. Then went to a standard background check, drug test, on-boarding process.

N.a.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

They have preferred placement vendors; who will test you over and above, what is required for the role. (eg) They pay for couple online exams for DBA, etc.,
    Then the manager and few team members invited for telephone interview, in which they went over my resume and asked technical questions based on the skills: RDBMS, Unix, Windows, Shell scripting, Business Objects, etc.,
    Then the vendor arranged for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • ** In person interview gave me the surprise, that the job was for application support and not really DBA. :) Same manager and team members, explained the job role.
      Two more managers from different teams, interviewed me individually, pretty much intended to check the attitude, to fit the company culture.
      Overall my interview was not tough.
        Answer Question
    I just asked for some additional moving expense. No issue. They offered.

OADP Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First Round interview on campus. This was after I applied on line and went to an information session. Interview was in a room while three other 1 on 1 interviews were happening simultaneously. All behavioral, pretty much just went through my resume.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Awesome internal recruiters. They were very helpful through the entire interview process. Everything went smoothly as expected. I had one phone screen and two in person interviews before being made an official offer.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

From a college job fair, there was a "next day interview." Following this, after a few weeks, one Monday was told that I had been selected for the next round, which was on Friday. Luckily I had no plans and went to the interview. It consisted of three parts: a presentation, a technical interview, and a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you felt you weren't being used to your full potential, and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • Various questions about polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, abstraction, etc   Answer Question
    • Describe your method you go through when writing a program   Answer Question
    • Difference between an array and a linked list   View Answer
    Actually still in the negotiation phase

Document Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

My experience with the interview process has been okay! They have a peoplepix process that has you telling them a story/answer with a beginning, middle, and end. They usually have 3 people interview you and so you will have to sit with and interview with 3 different people. Unfortunately the questions don't seem to fit a clerical position but none are too difficult to answer. The key is just to make sure you have a beginning, middle, and end otherwise you wont get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that everyone else was frantic and you remained calm. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied for the job online and about a month later I got a call from an individual within the department who asked a bit about my background and the call ended with her asking me to come in for the interview. I went in and interviewed with 2 people at the same time. The process was seamless and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I didn't hear back for over a month and I finally got the email letting me know that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any, they spoke and I listened. They asked about my previous experience and asked where I saw my career heading and what my goals were.   View Answer

Quant Equity Analyst Interview

phone interview - Asked about the resume and prior correlated experience. Questioned about knowledge of big data, machine learning techniques, whether familiar with Matlab or not, how do you categorize your programming languages and corresponding capacity, etc..

Interview Questions
    • Talk about the most impressive internship from your side.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Initial campus interview which was simple…just your typical behavioral questions. Then there was a group interview at the office. The group interview sounds a little intimidating, but it really wasn't that bad. Basically they just want to analyze your problem solving skills and see how you interact in a group setting.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the company, which would it be and why   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

It was through campus, they set you up to interview with 3 different current employees who are trying to see if you will be a good fit for the company and what area should you work in.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions going over my resume, project, and leadership experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.