J.P. Morgan

Updated Mar 4, 2015
2,690 Interview Reviews

2.9

Structuring (In HK) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

some questions about resume and past experience. a few technique questions, just simple questions on probability and interview book. Also ask about onion on markets and investment. First round interview lasts about an hour.

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

My university had an initial online resume drop. After a week or so I was notified of 2 back to back on campus interviews. The back to back interviews were surprisingly technical; the first started with a brain teaser/case on how the company should choose between using first class or third class mail for the Chase branch. The second interview was more behavioral; however the hardest question was "If you had $1 million, how would you allocate/invest it in today's market?

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took almost 3 months. 1 phone interview, 1 superday and 1 additional final phone interview. The superday lasted about 4 hours with back-to-back interview with VPs and MDs. Everyone was very nice, and professional. Some interviewers tried to intimidate me with more difficult questions, but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Process takes too long, I actually accepted employment at another company while waiting to hear back from them. They also over train someone like myself who had 17 years in the business.

Consumer Loan Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Two phone interviews with a recruiter. It was more of an in depth call to confirm my competency. The next interview was mostly a conversation about when I could begin working if selected, and setting up a time to interview face to face. This was followed by one face interview with both of the hiring managers. Very simple questions, "why do I want to work there?" and "what are my strengths?".

There was none. I was given an offer but there was no wiggle room.

Business Analyst Interview

Question: What is the importance of a flow chart?

Answer: When answering this question you need to make it clear that you understand what this tool is used for. A flow chart is a tool that provides a graphical representation of a process. This chart will make a system easy to understand for everyone that is involved with the project that is underway.

Question: What is a use case model?

Answer: A use case model is a tool that is used to describe the business environment. The goal of the tool is to show the actions and events that take place during a given process that is performed by an actor.

Question: What is UML modeling?

Answer: UML stands for Unified Modeling Language. It is the standard in the industry for visualizing, documenting and constructing various components of a system.

The interviewer will likely want to know that you understand how each of these tools is used in the daily life of a business analyst professional. It is crucial that you can describe the methods and techniques used for each tool in a manner that shows you know what you are talking about. Check out the following course to better understand financial modeling and be informed when you answer questions at your interview.

Question: What is an activity diagram and why is it significant?

Answer: The purpose of an activity diagram is to provide an outline of work flow in the business, including the action and activities that are completed. For example, with a company there is likely to be more than one department, with various access levels to the system. If there are departments including HR, Medical and Accounting, they only have access to the screens that relate to their work. An activity diagram will be used to highlight the differences in the departments, which is extremely helpful for developers when they are coding and designing.

Question: What is the role and responsibility of a business analyst?

Answer: If you are interviewing for the position of a business analyst, you should be able to answer this question without much thought. Some of the jobs of a business analyst will include comparing facts and figures, listening to managers and shareholders to provide effective solutions for problems and the negotiation of issues between departments. Check out the course on business analysis to learn more about your role in this position.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On-campus interview. Very straightforward. There were 2 people who did the interviewing-- 1 male, 1 female. They took turns asking questions but overall, it was run by the male. All behavioral questions, very easy. Get lots of sleep and relax-- no stressful questions.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submitted application online. Received e-mail for interview a few weeks later. There were two back to back 30 minute phone interviews. First was behavioral and fairly easy. The second interview was more difficult with more scenario/technical based questions. They wanted to know what you could contribute to a given scenario.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

his interview was on my calendar. I showed up. JPM management must have had the interview on their calendar, as they were physically present.I would normally not have a phone on during an interview, but I most certainly would not answer it if I did. If I ‘unintentionally’ (?) answered a call or read a text message, I most certainly would apologize for the interruption. My phone was off. After a while of the manager’s divided attention, I was asked if there were any questions. I thought about suggesting that we talk some other time and chalk the time up as interview practice, but I asked the following question:

How engaged are you in the affairs of your department? The answer?

Advancing Excellence Summer Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied through my university's career website. Within 2 weeks of applying, i was asked to pick a time for an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview went well. The questions were all behavioral. My interviewer was a VP in the Commercial Banking division and was very friendly. Make sure you know your resume well and are able to articulate your story and strengths through your answers.