J.P. Morgan

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Apply through campus website, got notification for conducting first round interview at campus career center. the first round are mostly behavior. Nothing really tricky but just be nice, genuine and passionate about the position. Interviewer are nice and conversation went well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self, teamwork, leadership, and past experience (student organization, internship experience), etc.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied and got contacted a week after by a recruiter. I was scheduled for an in person interview with the branch manager. Went pretty well, very relaxed interview, he told me i was over qualified (of course yes with an MBA). Well, i love chase and don't mind starting off as a teller, i m positive i will advance very easily

Interview Questions
    • A customer walks into the branch, how would you approach them in a business and professional manner.   Answer Question
    i did not negotiate. i was offered 11.50.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Resume is sent through university career system. Got Tel interview in about 2 weeks. Last about 20 minutes. First, some behavioral questions: why IBD. After that, there is 2 technical questions to test your knowledge in finance. These are basic questions but you should present your answer in clear logic and discuss every aspects as possible.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

1. Submitted application, completed online math/psychology test.
    2. Four days later received an invitation for an online video interview, answered a set of questions. Took less than thirty minutes.
    3. Several hours later contacted by recruiter, recommending a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
    4. Several weeks later completed a short interview at a Chase bank, short, less than thirty minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions: 'Explain your experience with an irate customer and how you handled the situation.'
      'What does customer service success sound, look, and feel like, to you?' Some video questions included, 'Explain a proud moment in your working life.' 'What goals have you set at work and did you accomplish them?' 'What did you learn about yourself in these situations?'

Answer Question

Investment BankingAnalyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Interviewed for Chicago office. First round over the phone with first year analyst. 15 minutes purely questions about resume. 15 minutes technical. Asked about understanding of technicals. Next round a few days later on the phone with first year associate. 15 minutes, just technical.

Interview Questions
    • . Which company has a higher beta, mid cap tech firm or blue chip? Asked about LBO analysis, and which multiples to use regarding enterprise   Answer Question

Intelligent Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

I had over the phone Interview that lasted for an hour. It was a data scientist position where they are looking for experienced people. The interviewer asked me about my thesis, why I want to move to finance, have i considered other industries etc. It was the hardest interview so far.

Interview Questions
    • Given NxN matrix A. each row and column represents currencies where A_ij represents conversion from ith currency to jth currency. Find out arbitrage opportunities. You have to give an optimal solution.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

applied online. received a request for phone interview 2 weeks later. Interviewed on the phone same day of request. Behavioral questions and technical questions was asked. A day later, I was given an invited to "Super Day", I interviewed with two interviewers for 30mins back to back.

Interview Questions
    • You have a bat and a ball. The bat is 1 dollar more than the ball and they both add up to 2.50. How much are each?
      questions on the financial statements

View Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

First round interview. I was interviewed by two women who were both very friendly. Mostly just behavioral questions except maybe one analytical. It was a pleasant experience. I would recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a time when you were on a team and someone didn't pull their own weight. How did you handle it   Answer Question

US Equities Portfolio Management Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied through Winning Women. First round phone interview about investment management broadly, then flown to NY to interview with the equities group, and then flown back again for super day in portfolio management. I didn't get to choose which groups I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • You have 100 quarters, 10 heads, 90 tails up in a dark room where you can't see the quarters. How do you divide them into 2 piles where you have an even amount of heads in each pile?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Very easy interview. 2 half-hour sessions. Interviewers were laid back as didn't make you feel like its the end of the world. Asked basic behavioral questions. Stressed leadership and management qualities, as well as ability to work in teams.

Interview Questions
    • Right now traders are record the trades they make by manually entering the data in excel and then mail it to operations department. How would you improve the process?   Answer Question