J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
2,337 Interview Reviews

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with three people in person, separately. I don't believe I had a phone interview, at least not like the ones I had with other banks where the HR person interviews you like a real interview over the phone. Hired within two months from the first interview. First interview was with the boss and then with the boss's peers. Friendly interviewers. They made you feel at ease. No hard questions. Just the standard: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the position. They never asked the type of compensation I was looking for. HR kept me in the loop, but I had to call a few times to see the status.

Interview Questions

Pay was not high enough.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Selected for interview for Operations Analyst Internship, after interviewing expressed interest in Financial Anaylst Internship. Had two 30 minute phone interviews and recieved offer for both position in the following week.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know excel? Tell me a few keyboard shortcuts you know.   Answer Question

QA Agile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied at company website
    Recruiter :
    Background, current salary
    Introduction Round:
    Product Owner:
    Background, Process followed in the current project
    Skill Evaluation Round
    Panel: 2 interviewers (expected a panel of 3)
    Time: 40 minutes

1) Manifesto of Agile
    2) Define Agile in layman language
    3) What are the ceremonies in Agile
    4) Who attends scrum of scrums
    5) How do you interact with developers, is it direct or through product owner
    6) How do you estimate efforts for a user story?

1) What kind of application you are testing in your current project?
    2) How will you identify objects if in case there is no ID defined?

1) What is the process you do after you a get feature file from a developer?
    2) What is the continuous integration process?
    3) How to print the reports in soap ui?
    4) Have you used Jenkins?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Final Round in person-
    Time: 1.5 hrs
    Interviewer: Hiring Manager
    Gave an overview of the project and the candidate' role
    1) Tell me about the experience in the agile process.
    2) What is the build process
    3) How will you determine the test coverage
    4) What is the velocity in the current project
    5) How will you choose which tool to use for testing purpose
    6) How do you estimate the user stories
    7) What is technical debt?

Development Team: 3 members

1) How will you decide about the test cases. Approach?
    2) How can the development team visually see the test results? (By Reports)
    3) How will you organize your tests?
    4) What is the build process
    5) What is back - log grooming?
    6) What is smoke, sanity and regression testing?
    7) How will you determine what all tests to cover in the regression suite?
    8) What is code refactoring?
    8) What is VB descriptive programming (taken up from the resume)
    9) Brief about cucumber and HP QTP.

Interview Questions
    offered a first number; gave him my expected salary; he went back to the hiring manager; the approval took more than a month. finally approved

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through university career services, process took two weeks.
    Recruiter called a week after the final round of interviews.

The questions were mainly behavioral type stuff with an occasional technical thrown in here and there. Prior to your interview, you should definitely look at the specific questions that other people have posted. Some are repeated throughout different interviews.

Interview Questions
    interns dont get to negotiate

Intern Interview

Applied online after talking to someone at an on campus event. First round was a phone interview about two weeks after I applied. Questions were a mix of behavioral and general finance questions. The next step was an on site interview about a few weeks later. This interview was a super day where 25 or so other people were all on site to interview for the internship. They split us into groups of 5 with 4 interviewers per group. We rotated to each of the interviewers for a 30 minute interview with each person and one 30 minute break. The actual interviews all varied. One was just a light behavior one and more of a chat about past work, hobbies and things like that. Another was a fast paced interview where questions were thrown at you about finance, the market, personal questions, and anything else. The other two interviews were a somewhere where in between. What annoyed me about this process was that 3 of the 4 people I interviewed with seemed to be intentionally mean to try and test you. The interviews seemed mostly not be about performing under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. It was all stuff you should have scene in any finance interview study guides. It was only difficult because the questions were rattled off so fast and if you didn't answer quickly and confidently you'd be pushed further down that line of questions.   Answer Question

Audit Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Interview during august for their Audit Analyst Program. Interviewers were very unorganized, at first I was told I was being interviewed for their Financial Analyst Program. However, once I got to the interview I was told I was now being interviewed for another program. The interviewers were fairly nice, gave an overview of the program followed by a 30 minutes interview of mainly Behavioral questions.

Associate Corporate & Investment Bank Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Two phone interviews followed by an in-person (Half day, 4 people)

Location was in Brooklyn--they recently moved a lot of people to MetroTech Center. I didn't like the area surrounding the office, but the office itself was pretty nice. Pretty quiet, low-key atmosphere. There is no business presence in Brooklyn as far as I can tell, so no trading floors etc.

People were nice and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • 2 eggs and a building problem. A building has height n and you have 2 eggs. At a certain floor N, an egg dropped from this floor will break. Find a strategy to find the floor N at which eggs will start breaking, while minimizing the number of drops. Note that the key is that you have 2 eggs.   View Answer
    • Given a list and bucket size, write an algorithm which returns a list of lists each of which contains [bucket size] number of items. It's not guaranteed that the bucket size will evenly divide into the length of the list. How can you unit test this? What are the base/edge cases?   View Answer
    • Given an unsorted list of size n-1 that contains all but one number between 1 and n, write an algorithm that will detect the missing number. Can you do this in constant time? What about if there were k numbers?   View Answer
    • Implement a deadlock in any programming language.   View Answer
    • Implement list comprehension in Python. (Assume they are simple ones-nothing fancy)   View Answer

Had a better offer

Vice President - Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Phone screens + onsite + follow up phone interview. Recruiter was very aggressive, not friendly, said offer was "take it or leave it." Offer was low and I was not happy with it so I declined. Group seemed good, but offer was not competitive.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or too difficult. Asked to describe previous projects.   Answer Question

Salary too low.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Annual Convention on-site interview,got the opportunity by networking with recruiter.They called me and scheduled an interview on the very next day.First i interviewed with a lady from Miami Office,went through my resume and what did i do for each of the pervious jobs.But after being informed that my preferred city is Chicago,they scheduled me another one with a manager from Chicago Office and the second one didn't go well,coz they gave me to another person,Messy system

Interview Questions
    • What was the most regretful things you have done in your pervious jobs,what would you do if you get the chance to change?   View Answer