J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015
3,144 Interview Reviews

2.9

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

30 minute interviews with other EAs and Bankers. General what if questions and hypothetical questions to see how you deal with problems, tasks, etc. You also meet with the HR manager. The interview process is very formal, but the interviewers are easy going and just want to get to know you and get a feel for how you would work amongst others.

Interview Questions

• If you had to complete 3 different tasks by the end of the day, how would you go about doing them?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Spoke to Recruiter on the phone after a referral from my friend. I then went in and met with the Assistant Manager and a Senior Teller. I had one follow up interview with the Branch Manager. A few days later they called me with a job offer.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a Phone interview. Then I was called in for a 3 hour in person interview with multiple different people. Once I got accepted, then they did a Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give test condition examples for a specific scenario.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Heathrow, FL).

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. After the first interview they schedule you for a second interview after the second interview you do the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would handle a phone call with a customer   1 Answer

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through online and got a call back a few days later from an I.T recruiter, she took my information and asked basic questions about my area of knowledge (java, unix, etc). She sent my info to another person who scheduled an interview the next week. I had two 30 mins interviews back to back (for a total of an hour). Not too difficult. Still waiting to hear back from them regarding a decision.

Interview Questions

• They began with easy/simple questions and went from there. I found that they can use your answer to generate their next question(s). For example: "name a few algorithms that you know" - sorting, searching... "name a few sorting algorithms" - quick-sort, merge, heap, bubble, radix... "name a few searching algorithm" - linear, binary search... (then they'd ask another question based on the previous answers you just gave). The same rule applied to any hard skill/programming language I had on my resume. They began simple and expanded. If you don't know an answer, simply tell them. Do not try to b.s your way through an answer, it'll be obvious and it'll only hurt your chances. Expect behavioural questions as well. For example "describe to me a time when...", and it could be anything from - you had to work in a difficult team/group or you had to face a challenge and what you did to try to overcome it.   1 Answer

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviews happened very quickly. All the four interviewers liked me and wanted to proceed with the offer. Even the HR person called to confirm that the offer will come. But it did not. They could not even meet my current base salary.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to my experience. No general questions.   1 Answer

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

Very Smooth process. Applied online and within a month was contacted for a interview and received my offer 1 week after the interview.Interviewed with two managers, very easy going interview and very little behavioral questions. We walked through my resume and I explained my current experiences and how it compared to the role.

Interview Questions

• Between Asset, Liability, Income, and Expense which ones are a debit and credit   Answer Question

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I Applied online and within 2-3 days I received an email to do a digital interview, shortly after she sent me an email to do a phone interview. I responded to the email and she scheduled the phone interview within the next two days then. The phone interview lasted about 20 min, and she asked general questions like why I am trying to leave my current position? Why I would like to work for chase? She also went over the pay and what I would be doing in the position. She went over the start date and how long training. She also scheduled me a face to face interview, which i was able to do that same day. Went to face to face interview which lasted about thirty minutes. Two days later I received the CONGRATULATIONS email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for chase? What interests you in this position? How do you handle angry customers? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Had a total of five interviews. One telephone with HR, two in person at location with my future team and 2 with other individuals from bank. Whole process took about two months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary was firm.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Please be wary of applying for multiple positions at JP Morgan. I applied for two positions and interviewed for both positions which were for different teams within the company. Both hiring managers sent offers for both positions. Electronically, I accepted the offer for the position I wanted and declined the second offer. I contacted the hiring leader of the position I decined to thank her for her time and let her know I would be pursuing another position at the comapany - which I thought was the courteous thing to do. Within 2 days iIstarted to receive really rude emails from the recruiter for the position i declined telling me that I displayed "lack of candor" in the interview process and both offers would be declined. I currently work for another fortune 500 company and candidates often choose between 1 or more offers. Apparently JP Morgan would like for candidates to select the first offer that comes their way. Be very wary when applying at this company. i was one day away from putting in my 2 weeks notice at my current job when all of this transpired.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. A common one was "how do you handle a difficult person"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was rigid. One offer added the bonus into the salary as a second item to meet my requirements but was still a few k short of what I desired.