J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,849 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through college career fair. They got back to me within a week. The interview consisted of 2 rounds one on one. The first round was more of basic questions on object oriented programming and basic principles about data structures. The second round was more about solving coding problems.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The gentleman was very polite, after a bit of chit chat he asked a few technical questions and a few behavioral questions. There is a second part to the interview with a different representative who was unable to make it and so there will be a phone interview, basically going over the same types of questions to avoid bias in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between passing a variable by Reference and by Value?   1 Answer
    • When would you choose to use By Reference or by Value?   1 Answer
    • What is a group by in SQL?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you had to switch up your personal preference for another team member?   Answer Question
    • What personalities would you like to see in a group?   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied through university career services. Made initial resume screening cut and then had two 30-min phone interviews (back-to-back). Positive experience, and both interviewers were polite and fair.

Heard back one week later that I had been offered a position in the program.

Interview Questions

• A bat and a ball cost $2.50 together. The bat costs one dollar more than the ball. How much do each cost?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Chose not to negotiate. Great compensation for internship.

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

45 minute phone screen followed by two rounds of full-day on-site interviews, talked to about 10 people from different groups in each on-site interview, did a math and programming test.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The process was pretty clear cut. A phone screening that covered fit/behavioral questions to see if there is a fit. Then, JPM flew me out to a superday. At the office, I went through a series of interviews that was mostly behavioral, but with technical intertwined within each question. For instance, if one of your answers talks about stocks, they will dive deeper to see if you actually know about stocks and bonds. Pretty clear cut.

Interview Questions

• What's something going on the market and how has that affected JPM?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Saw them at a career fair and they offered me an interview slot for the next week. The interview was an hour long, and was with 2 recruiters. The first 30 minutes was mostly behavioral based, and the second 30 minutes was technical in nature.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met representatives at on-campus career fair. Got an email for 2 back to back interviews in OCR. First was more behavioral to see how I approached a few projects I had done earlier. Second was more technical to see how well I could work with data.

Interview Questions

• How would you secure the data we have in our data centers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

CREDIT FRAUD MANAGEMENT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

OEN-ENDED QUESTIONS WITH SENIOR MANAGEMENT. THE INTIAL INTERVIEW STARTED WITH A HONE INTERVIEW THEN ESCALATED TO A ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW. THERE OBJECTIVE IS to identify and recruit candidates for employment. Phone interviews are often used to narrow the pool of applicants who will be invited for in-person interviews. I WAS ASKED TO GIVE A DESCRIPTION OF THIS PARTICULAR JOB./...........FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: When applying for a job, the best candidates will treat the application and interview process in a highly tailored, personal manner. Interviews are all very different and change according to the individual hiring manager's personality and preferences. Therefore, when reading interview tips, take them as general advice and best practices. Make sure that you treat each interview as a unique and original process, and strive to develop personal rapport with the managers.

Take special notice of unexpected tips, e.g., to avoid certain body language, such as crossed arms, while following the more predictable commonsense ones, such as being sure to dress neatly. Likewise, avoid adopting an automatic "one-size-fits-all" approach to self-presentation and response in interviews, allowing for spontaneity, intuition, special rapport and having to deal with especially tough or quirky interviewers.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted months later to schedule a phone interview. Had two back-to-back 30 minute phone interviews. They ask mostly character and leadership questions. No real technical questions were asked. Very relaxed and friendly interview. Overall it was a very easy interview. I was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to keep up with current financial events?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First is a phone interview. After, two interviews with two different managers broken into 30 minute sessions. One manager has you read a disclosure and asks you situational questions mostly about team work and difficult coworker situations. Other manager asks you basically same general questions as well as situational questions pertaining to personal character and resolving issues.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer
    • Give an example of when you had a coworker that wasn't easy to get along with.   1 Answer