J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 25, 2015
2,679 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On-campus interview. Very straightforward. There were 2 people who did the interviewing-- 1 male, 1 female. They took turns asking questions but overall, it was run by the male. All behavioral questions, very easy. Get lots of sleep and relax-- no stressful questions.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submitted application online. Received e-mail for interview a few weeks later. There were two back to back 30 minute phone interviews. First was behavioral and fairly easy. The second interview was more difficult with more scenario/technical based questions. They wanted to know what you could contribute to a given scenario.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

his interview was on my calendar. I showed up. JPM management must have had the interview on their calendar, as they were physically present.I would normally not have a phone on during an interview, but I most certainly would not answer it if I did. If I ‘unintentionally’ (?) answered a call or read a text message, I most certainly would apologize for the interruption. My phone was off. After a while of the manager’s divided attention, I was asked if there were any questions. I thought about suggesting that we talk some other time and chalk the time up as interview practice, but I asked the following question:

How engaged are you in the affairs of your department? The answer?

Advancing Excellence Summer Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied through my university's career website. Within 2 weeks of applying, i was asked to pick a time for an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview went well. The questions were all behavioral. My interviewer was a VP in the Commercial Banking division and was very friendly. Make sure you know your resume well and are able to articulate your story and strengths through your answers.

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Phone screen followed by two in-person interviews. Starts with fundamentals and goes into details and I suggest a solid Java fundamentals knowledge would be a good thing before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • In person interviews are a kind of deep dive. I had the second in-person interview for 1.5 hrs covering most of the Java programming skills.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

On-campus interview with two VPs in the Dallas GNPH division. One 30-min interview, then I received an email detailing the superday about a week later. I had one superday interview the following week (two weeks after my initial interview) that lasted 30-min. I was told I would be there all day, though, so that was a bit upsetting.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions for the first interview: give an example of leadership, what would you do if you were paired with a bad team, etc

2nd interview was more or less: walk me through your resume line-by-line

Answer Question

Team Leader Ops Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Typical phone screen but from there it took several in person interviews. Had a panel interview and interviewed with VPs, Directors and HR Manager. All together it took 7 interviews before I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Several of the questions are behavior based. And it's important to provide specific examples and speak to the impact.   Answer Question
    Straight forward. I received offer made a counter and they came closer to my ask.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1. After you applied online through company career website, you will get an email from the recruiter. 2. I got a phone call from 2 associates currently working in the team
    3 After finishing a 2-1 interview, you will be told to wait for response

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

After applying through my university recruiting platform, I was contacted for an on campus interview. The initial interview was very basic, all behavioral and fit questions. I was contacted after by 3 separate employees for successive phone interviews. Each of these was similar to the first, no technical and all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you led a team (There were no unexpected questions)   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The interview took about 30 minutes and was fairly straightforward. No surprises or unexpected questions. The interview mostly consists of behavioral with some technical questions. The hiring manager was knowledgeable and welcoming.

No negotiations