J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 25, 2015
2,597 Interview Reviews

2.9

Risk Analyst Interview

applied on line, then face to face interview, then AC. 1st round interview: 2 behavior interviews. AC: 2.5hours case study, write a report. then role play. Then lunch and break. then 2 rounds of individual interview.

Intern Interview

Submitted resume through career center and through JP Morgan website, got a call from a recruiter, had a phone interview and then that day got an email inviting me to superday in New York for 3 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If the price of oil went up tomorrow, how would that effect the mom and pop grocery store? I expected questions kind of close to this, but was still kind of caught off guard   View Answers (2)

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my college's job posting (resume and cover letter), along with about half my class during this recruiting season, and got contacted by HR a week later to set up an interview time. It probably helped that I had been networking with upperclassmen interns and alumni from my school at JPM for several months prior to applying (learning buzzwords to include on the CL, getting my resume reviewed, etc.). Recruiters came to campus to give information/networking sessions, and interviews were 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were fired from our company, what would be the reason?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

Bear in mind this is for the Chase Leadership Development Program Risk Management Track.
    Let me precede this review with sharing the fact that I made a glassdoor account simply to give JP Morgan credit where it's due. I enjoyed my experience with the JP Morgan interview process so much that I decided to contribute to glassdoor and share my experience. I first spoke with a campus recruiter at my school's career fair, and he gave me a great perspective on the company and the possibilities that they have to offer. I submitted my resume to him and expressed great interest in moving forward with the application process. We got along great and set the foundation for collaboration. For irrelevant reasons, I didn't have time to submit the application through the JP Morgan Chase website, so I never got the ball rolling in that regard, and no activity happened for about 2 months. Then, the same recruiter I spoke with at the career fair personally reached out to me and invited me to apply, saying the company was interested in me and urging me to apply through their website. The same day, I got an invitation for a phone interview for that week. I interviewed over the phone for half an hour and it went pretty well. It wasn't too structured in the sense that he wasn't simply reading off a list of questions he had. It was very interactive and he was working with my responses and following up on the replies I was making. After about a week and a half, I got invited to the Chase superday in Wilmington, DE. Although they gave me pretty short notice for this, they did provide travel accommodations so it wasn't too stressful. The moment I finally got to the Chase offices the environment was super welcoming. From the head security desk to the cafe workers, everyone had an agreeable way about them. I then met the very hospitable and kind recruiting program coordinator and he escorted all the candidates to a room to wait for our interviews. This is where we got a chance to meet some of the employers and meet some of the other candidates. Everyone in the "holding tank" was kind and enjoyable. I made great friends and had some good laughs, but also got a chance to gain some great insight from some of the current employers who were interacting with us. Then I did my two interviews. The first interview was completely unconventional and we just had a flowing conversation about stuff he wanted to talk about. He quizzed me on some math concepts, which I didn't mind. He started drawing graphs and inquiring about properties of curves, etc. This went great and he told me at the end that he was going to put in a strong recommendation for me. The second interviewer was a bit more structured and he had a list of questions he wanted to ask me, but it wasn't too cut throat or anything. He also seemed to have been pleased from our interview. Overall, from the moment I first talked to anyone in Chase to the moment I waved goodbye to the head security desk, everyone at Chase was very helpful and kind - definitely the kind of environment one would like to work in.

Also, another point I want to make but am too lazy to go and put it in the right place in my piece is the fact that while the human aspect of JP Morgan was outstanding, the professional work that they do also stood out to me. Both my interviewers described to me the work that the department undertakes and it seemed all very interesting and rigorous.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult just unexpected: He drew a # of units sold vs. cumulative profit curve and asked "If I wanted to find the number of units which start to lose profits, how would I do it?"   View Answer

Freshmen and Sophomore Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

As a freshman from a non-core undergrad b school, I made it to the second round interview for JP Morgan's Fresh/Soph IBD Summer Analyst Program in New York. For the first round, I was interviewed by an analyst and was asked the standard "Run me through your resume" question. Standard IB technical questions, "how would you build a DCF model?" Nothing out of the blue (no M&A/LBO questions). For the second round, I interviewed with an associate. For a nervous freshman, I thought I did quite well, but found out 4-5 weeks later that I didn't make it to the third round.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions: Easy or not depends on how well you know finance concepts   Answer Question

Kyc Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with two individuals. They asked me about how much I knew about KYC and what I could add to the team. Very friendly and approachable. I felt like it was more a conversation than an interview.

Not negotiable

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Fairly simple hiring and interview process. I completed the first round interview on my university's campus and was invited to the headquarters for a final round interview a couple business days later. The interviewers were extremely hospitable and personable. It wasn't a snooty white-collar atmosphere. Received notification of an offer the next business day. (I had a deadline, so they expedited the process)

Interview Questions
    • -What is difference between JP Morgan's wholesale commodities and commercial banking products? (or something like that)..can quite remember the exact question.
      -What are JP's products and services?
      -Why JP? Why operations?

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

First round is phone interview with two VPs, about 20 mins each. First is behavioral, questions like introduce yourself, go through resume, why JPM, why finance, like sales or trading, why trading. Second is more a little more technical (maybe because the interviewer is from quant team), gave me questions to explain what i learned about GMM and ARCH in Econometrics, what QE is, and its impact to bond and equity market.
    AC is about one month later. Still waiting for it.
    JPMorgan guys are really nice and helpful.

AML Compliance Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

Applied online and response was quick. Did initial interview with HR which went well that lead to on phone interview with the hiring manager. Knew I was in by the following day after interview. Then comes the offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about the position you are applying for.   View Answer

Based on research and networking I knew I was offered below market and my experiences. I tried to negotiate, but the offer was firm. I am however disappointed especially for a New York scale.

Intern Interview

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

I was first contacted via phone and had a 15 min. conversation which transitioned scheduling a 1 on 1 interview in the NYC office where I would work if accepted. During 1 on 1, asked general questions to gain background info on me personally rather than if I was qualified or not. Overall, wasn't as bad and scary as some people make it out to be.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.... (behavioral and able to tell a lot based on how you answer)   Answer Question