J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
2,751 Interview Reviews

2.9

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Emailed me that they were interested. Made an appointment to go to the interview. Everyone is very friendly and strive to make you feel as welcomed as possible. The entire interview went smoothly. They ask for a background check.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online and got called in for an interview. They ask about your previous experiences and what you can bring to the company. They want great communication skills and the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner. They may ask about a time that you made a positive impact or a negative impact and you need to explain.

Interview Questions
    • A time that a customer was not satisfied with your help and what you did to change that.   Answer Question
    Tellers have a base pay of around $12 so there is no negotiation.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Applied though career services which my university offers. Then got a mail from recruiter to set up interview on campus. Had two back to back interviews with 2 people 30 mins each. They were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions which are covered here. See that you read them and know your basics well. I did not review them properly. Know about the company and go. Prepare well for the behavioral questions with proper examples. One question was what did you work on other than academic projects. How would you design a database for million users. Reverse a string. Polymorphism. 1-2 c++ questions. Why financial. Why JPMC. Leadership. Team skills. Explain about the projects you did.   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 30 min Back to back interview. One interviewee against two interviewers. One of them is someone from the senior level, and the other usually has been with the firm two to three years. First round mostly were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume. What criteria do you have when investing in a stock. Tell me about one of the times you face challenges.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Two rounds of interviews.
    One with the direct manager and two co-workers.
    The second with upper management.
    Relatively informal and painless. I knew the hiring manager so I'm guessing this had something to do with the laid back nature of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions relative to the position. How would I handle a particular situation and why I was interested in the job. No questions on strengths or weaknesses.   Answer Question
    I countered the salary offer and it was declined.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Be ready for a lengthy process. they are a very stuffy group. dont take yourself too seriously. It will take a few weeks to schedule all the meetings and be careful of the HR people. they have sign off on the process.

there was none

Wealth Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I am from a non target school, and I applied for the LATAM department as I am an international student from South America. The application process was a following:
    Submit Resume Online
    After a couple months got a phone interview.
    After that I was invited to a superday interview where I had a 45 min interview with a VP and an executive director.
    Still waiting to hear the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you follow the markets?
      Describe yourself in one word.
      Tell me a time when you had to work in a team ....

View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Online app, 1st round phone interview in december, and I also had a super day in the NYC headquarters. Freshman & sophomore program so it was competitive, but networking helped a lot. It's really about the fit - company is wiling to train you if they think you are a good fit for the company.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

On campus interview- two rounds. They set up a booth at my school's spring career fair and instantly offered an on-campus interview the next day, after reviewing my resume.

Corporate Analyst Summer Development Program Interview

Two 30 minute one-on-one interviews. They asked me mostly behavioral questions with a couple questions about the different businesses that the firm has. Both of my interviewers were very standoffish which made me uncomfortable so I did not have a good experience. That being said, it was a fairly typical interview I would just suggest to come prepared with a lot of knowledge about JP Morgan and recent financial news articles.

Interview Questions
    • How do managers build trust?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if during the second week of a new job you got a new manager?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a large amount of data   Answer Question