J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,811 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually more relaxed than I had anticipated. The questions were pretty much very general and had nothing to do with company processes. One of my interviewers said that this was because the whole reason we are interviewing for this company is to one day gain that experience, so they didn't need us to know it off the bat. And while I'm on the topic, I also had two interviewers (about 30 minutes each). They were extremely nice and understanding. One recommendation I do have is to go in and be human. Relax, and talk about your experience as you answer questions. Both interviewers got extremely off topic as we both got lost in an interesting conversation, which might do more for you than all of your "fancy talk." I marked NO on the job offer because I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I'm optimistic :)

Private Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via campus recruiting and via JPM website. The position was for the integrated team in a southern bank. I was contacted about a month later for a 15 minute phone interview. 80% behavioral/fit 20% market questions. Didn't think I did well (I didn't feel confident about my market answers), but I was contacted 2 weeks later with an invitation to attend a superday.

The superday consisted of two, 30 minute 2:1 interviews. 100% behavioral/fit. Absolutely no technical/market questions. Very conversational and extremely laid back. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and I was very comfortable there. There were about 7 other candidates.

I was called back 3 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know why you want to go into asset/wealth management. Know a lot about the company's background, structure and leadership. Smile and be confident.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied via online.

The first interview phone call interview is 30 minutes long and it pertains to yourself and the experiences you hold. The next phone call is an hour long and I have yet to complete that.

Summer Audit Analyst Position (Business Track) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume, transcript, and cover letter (not required), through my university's job posting website,in addition to applying through the JPMorgan website. About two weeks later I received an email saying I had been accepted for an interview, and to select a one hour interview slot. They came down to my university (VIllanova) and conducted the interview there. However, I was abroad, so I had a Skype interview through Villanova's career center. I met with two different people fo rhalf an hour each, both of which were behavioural interviews. About one week later, I was notified that I had made it to the second round. If i had been in the U.S., I would have attended their Super Day in Wilmington, DE, but instead a 1.5 hr video conference was set up. I was told that there would be two interviews similar to my first round and an overview of audit and a case study. I first met with a Villanova Graduate who is currently in the program. He explained more about JPMC, the audit team, and what I would be doing on a day to day basis. The case study was not a case study. It was more of a basic example of an audit. Not worth stressing about. Afterwards, I had two half-hour interviews. The first one was mainly behavioural, focusing on my communication skills and working within a team. The second was more focused to JPMC, and the woman was definitely more business, which scared me a little. However, less than 48 hours later, the Villanova graduate emailed me telling me I got the position and that a formal offer would be extended to me via email within the next two days.

The longest part of the process was waiting to hear if I received a first round interview, which took about 3 weeks. An interview was set up for a week and a half later. It took less than a week to find out that I had advanced to the second round. An interview was scheduled a week later, and it took 2 days to find out that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Second round: What is a regulation that is currently affecting JPMC?
      If you were an operations manager at a bank, what would be something you would change?
      What are your short term and long term career goals?

1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the position on linkedin and applied through their taleo portal. Was contacted by email after a few days, scheduled an in-person interview during a brief telephone conversation.
    The position was for a spanish-speaker: the first step was translating on the spot a policy document and some standard internet forms. The rest was a standard mix of behavioral and work history questions. I did not have call-center experience so we spoke mostly about other customer-facing positions.
    After about a week I was contacted by mail with a job offer that I accepted. The subsequent onboarding process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that the customer is understanding what you're saying, for example, if he's noticeably distracted?   1 Answer
    • How would you ensure that you have told everything and are not skipping steps?   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received invitation for virtual interview around a month later. Two back to back 30 minute interviews. Very standard behavioral questions as well as some easy technical questions. Interviewers were both very nice; it almost felt like they had already made their decision to hire me before the interviews even began. Browse JPMorgan interview questions on glassdoor and you should be fine. I applied for the business analyst position so the technical questions I was asked pertain to that role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as an intern.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had to submit my resume to my school's campus recruiting office and a JP Morgan recruiter reached out to me asking for an interview. I met with two VP's and it was a quick 30 minute interview with each. I got an offer letter within a week, I believe that my interview process was only one round. It was overall a very smooth process and my interviewers were super nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you know or read about JPMorgan.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I did a phone interview in which they emailed me to set up a time. When the HR recruiter called he asked me to tell me about myself and explain more about my resume. Specifically he asked me about my previous experiences and what my roles at those places were.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting/career/job posting websites. I heard back from them in about 2 and a half months where they required me to apply through an application on their website. I was scheduled for an interview. There were two 30 minute back to back phone calls. The first one was okay (slightly below average), she really questioned how much I knew about the company. The second interview was more difficult. For one thing, the interviewer had a heavy accent and when you are talking on the phone, it distorted his voice which made it difficult to interpret. I still thought I did a pretty good job understanding what he was saying and what he was asking. Overall, I thought it was one of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I knew I was not going to be offered a position, which I was glad. I was not fond of the location of the position (Columbus, Ohio) and I thought some of the questions were either not relevant or unfair to the extent that there was clearly an expectation that I should know certain things, all though my major particularly does not have a focus on certain areas.

Interview Questions

• There is a baseball bat and a ball that costs a total of $2.50. The bat is $1.00 more than the ball. How much are each?   1 Answer
    • Where is the headquarters?   1 Answer
    • Who is the CEO? CFO?   1 Answer
    • What type of assets does JP Morgan Chase have?   Answer Question

Chase Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Gainesville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the website of my university career services before the career fair on campus. Then, I pitched to the recruiters during career fair and gave them my resume. A month after, I got an email invitation for a first round interview on campus. Most of the questions are behavioral.