J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015
2,954 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very much by the book. They did not ask questions that reflected my experience and skills. You knew right away that they already had someone else in mind for the position.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone interviews after initial phone screen. Took a very long time to get replies. After initial outreach from recruiter, took multiple weeks to set up interview. Feedback and response after the interview was over a month.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Marietta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was online and it was very easy. I felt that I was being valued as a candidate and that I could express myself without someone sitting across from me and and judging me.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was "How much cash handling experience do you have?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2015.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews with dept. peers. The first interview was enlightening. the interviewer provided me with a detailed description of what the job entailed. I moved on to the 2nd interviewer. The 2nd interviewer seems like s/he had already interviewed someone that s/he felt was a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

30 min within hiring manager, another hour with another manager and team member. Standard questions on why you are interested and qualified for the new role. Basically go through the bullet points on resume and past working experiences. I think they spent more time selecting the interview candidates than interviewing. The interview is just to make sure you know what you are doing and that if you will be a good fit for the team.

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview - interviewer was using very standard method
    One interviewer was someone I knew slightly at another company
    Overall not impressed felt it was likely that they were pressured to give to internal candidates and I was just filling a time sheet for them

Associate Officer-Asset Management/CLT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall process took about a week. I randomly applied for the position on JP Morgan's website and was contacted by HR for an interview in a few business days. I was able to set up an interview two days after i was contacted by the recruiter and it was scheduled with 3 different people-the regional manager, team manager and another senior associate on the team that held the same role that i was interested in. The overall interview went really well; it was more of a conversation where i was educated about the business model, their expectations and the need for the role itself. They only asked a few questions that were derived directly from my resume (they also gave me a compliment on my resume and the fact that all of them took time to understand my experience and attitude really helped with the natural flow of the interview). Throughout the conversation, i had the opportunity to point out my skill set and major projects, short-term and long-term career goals, as well as how i would incorporate my experience into this role and establish strong relationships with other teammates. Lastly, during the third and final interview that was held with the team manager, i was advised that i would be put in for the "next round". The next day, i thanked HR for accommodating the interview via e-mail and i also checked my application status online and it said that i was the final candidate. In two days, i was notified that the job offer is in process of being approved and a day after that, i received the official offer via email and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How are markets segments at your current employer?   1 Answer
    • While working on a team, what is something that you don't like to see?   1 Answer
    • The market that you're currently handling tends to be very demanding and tailored. How do you manage that?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Penn State University, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met JPMC reciter at a school sponsored networking event and was told to apply online. Submitted application through my university career website. Later was invited to schedule a 1hour phone interview. The phone interview was two 30 min back to back 1 on 1 interviews. I heard back about a week later and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what the 4 lines of business at JPMC are and tell me a little about each one.   Answer Question
    • What have you seen lately in the news in regards to the Financial industry?   Answer Question

Summer Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First round interview was one-hour phone interview about education and working experience. Second round interview was on-site super day and I interviewed with two senior managers. Most of the questions were technical.

Interview Questions

• most questions are technical. For example, python, MATLAB, VaR, Monte Carlo simulation...   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview first round. Then they asked me to go to onsite for the second round. There are three round interviews onsite. First one asked general question about my experience and education. Second one ask technique question all about statistics. Third one asks some intelligence question except the technique one and ask me whether I have any questions about them.

Interview Questions

• Do a self introduction and ask a question according to my intern experience which is in a securities.   Answer Question