J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2.9

Bank Teller- JPM Chase Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I applied online through indeed.com for the chase teller position. I went in and spoke with the branch manager and he explained that you have to pass the assessment in order to be considered. The chase career site will send you an email immediately if you failed the assessment. For all the locations you apply for it will, immediately. The email says "after careful consideration, we regret...." After the assessment the screen will say (if you failed) "you are not eligible to for the bank teller position at this time." After speaking with the manager, about a few days later I received an email from a recruiter telling me to take a video interview through an app called "HireVue" I did the interview through my iPhone and it consisted of 11 questions. This substitutes as the phone interview. The recruiter can view your video interview as many times as they like. The next day I recieved a call from the branch manager wanting to schedule me for an interview. I dressed extremely professional. Hair in ponytail, slicked back, black pencil skirt, pantyhose, blazer. Now, I dressed in black because chase only wants black blazers or suit with their blue. After the interview the branch manager asked me if I could immediately go over to a different branch and do an interview with the assistant manager, the same day. The manager told me I should here something by Friday, but Friday came and no call. I waited until Monday and called the branch mananger. Left a message and he called back wanting to schedule a third interview with the district mananger. Two days later I received a call from the same recruiter and told me I was offered the position. I went through a series of emails, accepting the offer and so on, pre-employment.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • How have you handled a problem in which you knew would arise.   View Answer
    • If a customer wanted 3 fifty dollar bills and the check being cashed was $737.37, how would you cash it?   View Answer
    • Have you even had a problem with a superior?   View Answer
    • Was you cash drawer even short? If so, explain.   View Answer
    Take the offer, it is a great job and looks great on a resume.

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I was directly going to the on site round. The director is very nice and he kind of help me to ease my nervous down, and I am able to express myself freely and fully. He talked some about the firm and department responsibility and what they are looking for. I shared some of my past experience and the skills matched with this positions. It was very like the casual conversation and did not have any tense feeling around. I think the director really did a good job in interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • Most of questions are really common and not too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with three people in person, separately. I don't believe I had a phone interview, at least not like the ones I had with other banks where the HR person interviews you like a real interview over the phone. Hired within two months from the first interview. First interview was with the boss and then with the boss's peers. Friendly interviewers. They made you feel at ease. No hard questions. Just the standard: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the position. They never asked the type of compensation I was looking for. HR kept me in the loop, but I had to call a few times to see the status.

Interview Questions

Pay was not high enough.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Took two weeks to hear back from them. I got an unexpected call from the assistance manager asking me if im still interested in the position, then we set up an interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? A difficult situation with customer?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst - Contractor to Permanent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

They like to bring on new hires through staffing agencies.

When the contracting period ends---they will attempt to make you a permanent hire. They will offer you a substantially lower wage than what you were getting as a contractor. Be prepared negotiate your salary and to answer these following questions from the in-house recruiter:

1. What did you make last year?
    2. What did you make the year before that?
    3. What is your AML experience? (excluding this experience)

The amounts you give will dictate what you'll be offered.

If you don't take the offer, you'll contract will not be renewed. It's a take it or get fired type of scenario. So, you'll be replaced with newer contract workers that make more $ than you, the person who has been there for a period of time. It doesn't make sense and instills a sense of disloyalty, but this is what they do.

Interview Questions

Insulted by offer amount, took a job elsewhere.

Operations Analyst Interview

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

went through a employee application/recommendation, received phone call for interview, 4 interviews in one day the following week ranging from Associate level, VP, and Executive Director, 2 phone interviews with HR, 1 phone with another VP, received offer from HR after 4 to 6 weeks

none

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through university career services, process took two weeks.
    Recruiter called a week after the final round of interviews.

The questions were mainly behavioral type stuff with an occasional technical thrown in here and there. Prior to your interview, you should definitely look at the specific questions that other people have posted. Some are repeated throughout different interviews.

Interview Questions
    interns dont get to negotiate

Telephone Banker Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I completed the application online and was immediately contacted by a recruiter from Chase. She was extremely pleasant and completed an initial interview with me over the phone to assure that I was well qualified for the position. I was then scheduled to come in for a panel interview(3 Managers). I was very please with the interviewers and the process. All of the managers were very pleasant, down to earth and very informative. They made the interview feel very comfortable, yet they maintained their professionalism. I felt very confident interviewing for Chase. The environment was also very friendly. I was greeted by everyone who passed by and it seems like they really have a great group of people working for them. I am looking forward to working with Chase!

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavioral questions.For example, Name a time where a company policy made it easy for you to not follow the rules? This was a difficult one to answer.   Answer Question
    I was please that J.P Morgan Chase actually looked over my experience. My experience was reviewed and I was offered more based on the review.

Intern Interview

Applied online after talking to someone at an on campus event. First round was a phone interview about two weeks after I applied. Questions were a mix of behavioral and general finance questions. The next step was an on site interview about a few weeks later. This interview was a super day where 25 or so other people were all on site to interview for the internship. They split us into groups of 5 with 4 interviewers per group. We rotated to each of the interviewers for a 30 minute interview with each person and one 30 minute break. The actual interviews all varied. One was just a light behavior one and more of a chat about past work, hobbies and things like that. Another was a fast paced interview where questions were thrown at you about finance, the market, personal questions, and anything else. The other two interviews were a somewhere where in between. What annoyed me about this process was that 3 of the 4 people I interviewed with seemed to be intentionally mean to try and test you. The interviews seemed mostly not be about performing under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. It was all stuff you should have scene in any finance interview study guides. It was only difficult because the questions were rattled off so fast and if you didn't answer quickly and confidently you'd be pushed further down that line of questions.   Answer Question