J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2.9

Bank Teller- JPM Chase Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I applied online through indeed.com for the chase teller position. I went in and spoke with the branch manager and he explained that you have to pass the assessment in order to be considered. The chase career site will send you an email immediately if you failed the assessment. For all the locations you apply for it will, immediately. The email says "after careful consideration, we regret...." After the assessment the screen will say (if you failed) "you are not eligible to for the bank teller position at this time." After speaking with the manager, about a few days later I received an email from a recruiter telling me to take a video interview through an app called "HireVue" I did the interview through my iPhone and it consisted of 11 questions. This substitutes as the phone interview. The recruiter can view your video interview as many times as they like. The next day I recieved a call from the branch manager wanting to schedule me for an interview. I dressed extremely professional. Hair in ponytail, slicked back, black pencil skirt, pantyhose, blazer. Now, I dressed in black because chase only wants black blazers or suit with their blue. After the interview the branch manager asked me if I could immediately go over to a different branch and do an interview with the assistant manager, the same day. The manager told me I should here something by Friday, but Friday came and no call. I waited until Monday and called the branch mananger. Left a message and he called back wanting to schedule a third interview with the district mananger. Two days later I received a call from the same recruiter and told me I was offered the position. I went through a series of emails, accepting the offer and so on, pre-employment.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • How have you handled a problem in which you knew would arise.   View Answer
    • If a customer wanted 3 fifty dollar bills and the check being cashed was $737.37, how would you cash it?   View Answer
    • Have you even had a problem with a superior?   View Answer
    • Was you cash drawer even short? If so, explain.   View Answer
    Take the offer, it is a great job and looks great on a resume.

Vice President - Operations Interview

The interview process is comprised of a thorough round of an interactive round of question and answer. This includes providing a detailed overview of the position and addressing any questions that the candidate may have. Questions are then posed to the candidate to gauge interest and fit for the role.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is, after hearing an in-depth overview of the position for which you're interviewing is to then quickly explain why you are a good fit for the role. While this seems easy, it can prove difficult to put your talents in the context of the job description that was provided a few minutes prior.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Filled out online application with attached cover letter along with resume. Got called in for an interview with ABM a few days later. After interview, i waited almost a month until they had called back to tell me that they had chosen to hire me. begin on boarding process.

Interview Questions
    • asked lots of situational questions mostly to see how i would do in a sales position, which essentially is what this job is. referrals   Answer Question
    no negotiations, they offered 11/hr part time 20 hours.

Telephone Banker Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I completed the application online and was immediately contacted by a recruiter from Chase. She was extremely pleasant and completed an initial interview with me over the phone to assure that I was well qualified for the position. I was then scheduled to come in for a panel interview(3 Managers). I was very please with the interviewers and the process. All of the managers were very pleasant, down to earth and very informative. They made the interview feel very comfortable, yet they maintained their professionalism. I felt very confident interviewing for Chase. The environment was also very friendly. I was greeted by everyone who passed by and it seems like they really have a great group of people working for them. I am looking forward to working with Chase!

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavioral questions.For example, Name a time where a company policy made it easy for you to not follow the rules? This was a difficult one to answer.   Answer Question
    I was please that J.P Morgan Chase actually looked over my experience. My experience was reviewed and I was offered more based on the review.

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

The hiring manager was really nice but didn't seen to have many questions to ask, it was a 15 minute interview if I didn't have my own questions. After going through some basic interview questions I was told that u would hear back shortly about a follow up interview next week, they even said they will be happy to work with my current job's schedule to make it happen. Over a month goes by hearing nothing to the receive an automated message that the position was filled. Found it highly unprofessional since I sent a thank you note, and an email asking for an update as I didn't her back when they said I should. Overall seemed like dull environment, so things worked in my favor.

Interview Questions
    • (They really had no difficult questions, so this is a stretch to say it was difficult) why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Asset Manager Interview

Applying thro Chase.com then careers.... create your profile, then search for jobs by areas of interest, and location since Chase is huge. Of course review the job description and match them with your experience . Yes you can apply to as many jobs as you want.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer
    I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Applied through Schools website, then also submitted application through JP's website. Was contacted for an initial phone interview which took approximately 30 minutes. The phone interview was more of a screening call to see if I knew what the job responsibilities were, what my experience was, if I was well spoken over the phone, etc. Following that, I came in to the office to do an on site interview, which consisted of 2 rounds of 2 people each. This was very experience based line of questions as well as how I would interact with clients. Received the offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, I got what I got.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Process involves a lot of networking, both with your school's alumni base and with people in the group you're interested in. It is almost impossible to get into the bank if you don't come from a target school or don't find alumni who will push you through.

Interview Questions
    • Variety of technical questions - Walk me through a DCF, Qualities of a good LBO, etc.   Answer Question
    Coming through the MBA recruiting process there is very little negotiation. You come in with a class of 60-80 other MBAs all at the same salary/signing bonus/start date

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions
    • *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
        Answer Question