J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

3,123 Interview Reviews

2.9

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I Applied online and within 2-3 days I received an email to do a digital interview, shortly after she sent me an email to do a phone interview. I responded to the email and she scheduled the phone interview within the next two days then. The phone interview lasted about 20 min, and she asked general questions like why I am trying to leave my current position? Why I would like to work for chase? She also went over the pay and what I would be doing in the position. She went over the start date and how long training. She also scheduled me a face to face interview, which i was able to do that same day. Went to face to face interview which lasted about thirty minutes. Two days later I received the CONGRATULATIONS email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for chase? What interests you in this position? How do you handle angry customers? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

great to be wanted in the banking industry, needed to wear a suit and had to be good at counting money...know the difference between real and counterfeit money, and get to work on time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

great

Due Diligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through their online website. Within a day received an email to contact recruiter and schedule interview by e-mail. Within a week had 20 minute phone interview (screening) then was asked to move to the next stage in the process. The questions are straight forward and are what you would expect of an initial interview. The process is very well put together and professionally presented.

Interview Questions

Because the salary for the position at this location is well below the market rate in the area.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview (about 30 minutes). Then a video interview with the hiring manager and a more junior team member. Then I had face to face interviews with both team members, and another from a different group. Following that, I had interviews with two senior managers. I think the interviews went reasonably well. They treated me well and I think the hiring managers were looking for someone with my particular skills and background. HR asked via the recruiter what my salary expectations were. I believe I asked for a total package commensurate with my experience and training. HR thought otherwise, and did not make a counteroffer.

Interview Questions

• In the first place, they were interested in my financial knowledge. They also were trying to determine how much machine learning I knew.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 people on 3 different days. 1st interview went great. They outlined the position and a great fit. 2nd interview the Sr. VP was very rushed and didn't have questions prepared. He gave me conflicting information about the position and job specifications. They contacted my references prior to my third interview. Third interview went well, but they hired internally.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2015.

Interview

2 round interview 1st round: Pre screening on campus interview. Mostly they are asking about my resume 2nd round: I had to walk through my resume another time and got asked lots of behavior question Nothing out of ordinary. Interviewers were nice and polite.

Hedge Fund Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy going interview. First person asked me what a hedge fund was and how to calculate NAV. Other than that mostly fit/behavioral questions. I interviewed with four people in total. First, one on one, second was two people, last was the AVP of the hedge fund services group. Very easy going process.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? What is a hedge fund? How do you calculate NAV?   Answer Question

Core Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

it takes about 3 weeks. In first round, the hiring officer call me for very basic infos about 15 mins. Then she called me two days later to set up a phone interview with a technical manager. this second round is mainly about technical questions about your experience and econometric knowledge. The third round is on-site interview. The interview is pretty intensive . I met with 8 persons for 30 mins one to one interviews. After the interviews, I gave a 45 mins technique talk.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions about logit models and time series models such as varx, arimax. There are also some questions about how to write sas codes.   Answer Question

New Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. It seemed to be a nice opportunity and the initial enthusiasm of recruiters kind of made a good impression. No phone calls, direct to onsite. Being a big company people expect a thorough process but it was exactly opposite. - The interviewers(3 in total one after another) arrived late to take me pass the security. - Talks were casual and seem they were least interested in interviewing let go of hiring. - The questions were irrelevant and just random, the whole process is aimed at nothing. - Last interviewer arrived 20 mins late and gave excuse will call you another time as they have some urgent release. - I didn't hear from recruiter or team for almost two weeks and they were not responding to calls or mails. Being a New Product Development Engineer, the skills needed are not at all tested in the interview. It seems the team is trying to prove to management they didn't find any suitable candidate so will hire people internally. It is wastage of time of professionals to travel and appear there.

Interview Questions

• How many types of threads are there? What would you contribute? Abstract Factory Pattern implementation. What happens in case of Garbage collection? Types of garbage collection? Hashmap Memory Structure? Performance Testing?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

4 weeks process apply on J.P. Morgan's carrier web and get an interview opportunity from recruiter 2 interviews, one with recruiter and the other one with ED Interview last for half an hour ask for case, behavior, and technique questions no unexpected questions interviewers are very nice and kind get the offer two weeks after the interview