J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
2,355 Interview Reviews

2.9

Chase Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

I applied for the position in September, and then I received an email regarding a video interview a day after. The questions asked were:
    State a time you gave a customer great customer service.
    Have you ever dealt with an angry customer, if so, how did you resolve it?
    Have you ever balanced your own till or register?
    How much cash have you handled in your previous positions?
    What is your availability like?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Please review all the reviews on Glassdoor. I spent many time to review all the possible questions and prepare the answer for each questions. The interview for summer intern is very typical. 30min back to back interview with two manager. First is behavior, second on is technical. Nothing crazy. I am very comfortable and relax during the interview process. Make sure you always link the answers to the project or previous working experience. They like story telling. So far the best interview experience I had. Don't be nervous. Be confident about very word you say. You should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Can you write a PHP code? Such as hello world   Answer Question
    • What type of people you want to work with?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a change you want to made to the technology you use right now?   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I found out about the opportunity at a job fair and submitted my resume through a recruiter. The process as far as feedback was slow. From start to offer was almost four months. My process was a bit more unorthodox as I did not go through the campus recruiting. Additionally, I interviewed at three different offices in the area before a position opened. I went on a total of five interviews. I had a phone interview (screening interview) with an HR representative. I also had 1:1 interviews with two managing directors and two executive directors. Additionally, after the third interview I was able to meet with two of the current analysts at the location.

Interview Questions
    • This position was a career change for me so most of my questions revolved on WHY I wanted the position. What interested me about wealth management? Why JP Morgan? What am I doing currently to follow the markets? Only had a few "technical" questions: Where do you see the markets going in 2014? What are you currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the offer was what I expected/wanted. I felt the offer was in line with what I had seen others receive for the same position.

Personal Banker II Interview

online application and assessment, person to person interview with Branch Manager and District Manager, background check, and you're hired! After being hired, there is quite a bit of training that you go to (this stays constant through employment)

Strategy and Process Improvement Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied via JP Morgan career site. Took about 3 weeks to hear back. Initial HR screen with very basic questions. Initially applied for a higher level role but was given an interview for a slightly lower role.

First round on site with 3 different people (higher levels ). 20% focus on fit / resume , remainder were cases. Two of the three interviewers were very professional, engaging, etc. Third interviewer showed up late, talked on phone during interview, and ended it early.

Invited back for final round with head of group. 85% case with a few fit questions mixed in. Much more quantitative in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the market size of magazine readers in Country X.   Answer Question
    • Our nonprofit has experienced declining profits. Give me your recommendations on how we can improve the situation.   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Phone interview and skype phone interview with strong accent and difficult to understand. The technical questions are not the way to looking for people. It is do it for process. Not really want to hire anyone.

Project Manager Interview

As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

long interview. too many interviews. hard to contact. will not interview again. why did i ever apply to this job? they are making this process to long for nothing. why am i still typing a review for this company

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Took two weeks to hear back from them. I got an unexpected call from the assistance manager asking me if im still interested in the position, then we set up an interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? A difficult situation with customer?   Answer Question