J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,795 Interview Reviews

2.9

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the position on linkedin and applied through their taleo portal. Was contacted by email after a few days, scheduled an in-person interview during a brief telephone conversation.
    The position was for a spanish-speaker: the first step was translating on the spot a policy document and some standard internet forms. The rest was a standard mix of behavioral and work history questions. I did not have call-center experience so we spoke mostly about other customer-facing positions.
    After about a week I was contacted by mail with a job offer that I accepted. The subsequent onboarding process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that the customer is understanding what you're saying, for example, if he's noticeably distracted?   1 Answer
    • How would you ensure that you have told everything and are not skipping steps?   1 Answer

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had to submit my resume to my school's campus recruiting office and a JP Morgan recruiter reached out to me asking for an interview. I met with two VP's and it was a quick 30 minute interview with each. I got an offer letter within a week, I believe that my interview process was only one round. It was overall a very smooth process and my interviewers were super nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you know or read about JPMorgan.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I did a phone interview in which they emailed me to set up a time. When the HR recruiter called he asked me to tell me about myself and explain more about my resume. Specifically he asked me about my previous experiences and what my roles at those places were.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting/career/job posting websites. I heard back from them in about 2 and a half months where they required me to apply through an application on their website. I was scheduled for an interview. There were two 30 minute back to back phone calls. The first one was okay (slightly below average), she really questioned how much I knew about the company. The second interview was more difficult. For one thing, the interviewer had a heavy accent and when you are talking on the phone, it distorted his voice which made it difficult to interpret. I still thought I did a pretty good job understanding what he was saying and what he was asking. Overall, I thought it was one of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I knew I was not going to be offered a position, which I was glad. I was not fond of the location of the position (Columbus, Ohio) and I thought some of the questions were either not relevant or unfair to the extent that there was clearly an expectation that I should know certain things, all though my major particularly does not have a focus on certain areas.

Interview Questions

• There is a baseball bat and a ball that costs a total of $2.50. The bat is $1.00 more than the ball. How much are each?   1 Answer
    • Where is the headquarters?   1 Answer
    • Who is the CEO? CFO?   1 Answer
    • What type of assets does JP Morgan Chase have?   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Little drawn out process with Big communication gap among the hiring team . From online application to close of interview took little over month . Interview went in for 8 hrs over two day with 6-7 folks . Pretty easy interview not much in detail. Folks were busy but nice and take a time to understand different point of view . Critical HR was missing from the whole process give you feeling as time wasted in the end . No response until you follow up after two week .

Interview Questions

• How do you explain map reduce programming to developer ?
      Explain Hadoop eco system
      What is your biggest challenge
      When you use DW or Hadoop
      How green plum works

Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a superday in NYC. Interviewed with 4 people from the risk modeling team. Everyone is nice and friendly. They did not ask any technical questions. Most of the interview questions are behavioral.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two round interview. One was on campus and the other one was a super day. There will two back to back interview on super day. The difficulty of question mostly depends on who is the interviewer. Some of them prefer behavior question and some of the prefer tech question. Make sure you get prepare for both because you do not know who would be your interviewer on the Super Day. I interviewed last November but get no response after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the most embarrass situation you have ever met?   3 Answers

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Met with 2 different recruiters. Both asked me an array of questions based on both my academic and career record. Both recruiters did give a very vivid explanation of the types of questions that they were going to ask. After the interview was over they told me exactly what to expect in the future and how long it would take them to come to a decision.

Interview Questions

• What is a current event going on right now that you think has a direct impact on financial markets?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Arrive around 1:30 pm. start at 2:00 pm. There are three interviewees. We are lead to different rooms. Four people came and they takes turns to ask questions. It took about three hours. Finished around 5:00 pm.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online after I did the online quiz. I got an email about doing a live interview. About two-three days later I got a call for a face to face interview on site. It lasted about 20 minutes. Interview was pleasant and wasn't uncomfortable. I received an offer of employment two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, 12 an hour