J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

CIB-Core Java Developer Interview

CIB-Core Java Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – This is the first interview I got from them, which was kind of a surprise since as I researched it, the position normally hires people with more experience than me. I was informed later by the behavioral interviewer that they are also hiring people who are looking for entry level jobs but with a wider range of past educational experience with multiple technologies.

Interview Question – Technical question were quite basic now that I think of it. One question asking me to use one single SQL query to retrieve information from two related tables given only one key information was something I did not prepared for since I only have very basic knowledge of it and have not used it for a while. The technical interviewer kindly informed me that I could use join table technique.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Relationship Banker
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details – Be Ready to sell them a pen when you getting hired as a Relationship banker or Personal Banker
Tell them stories about how good experience you have given them before
Tell them how you have helped customer save money and get great service

Interview Question – Greateast Story as customer expeicne   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – we can offer you 32000 base that is the max

Compliance At I Chase Plaza Interview

Compliance At I Chase Plaza
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview Details – An agency firm called about this role. Stated it was contract to hire and gave job description. 48 hours later I learned it was JPMC and they wanted an interview in person.

Interview Question – What would be an asset that makes you a unique candidate for this role?   View Answer

Risk Senior Analyst Interview

Risk Senior Analyst

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Interview Details – The candidate has to meet 4-5 to different Sr. Risk managers. The interview is generally around past experience in similar role in the previous firm. At Chase they prefer hiring people who have already built up some experience in a competitor company. Some managers might also give case interviews. In addition there is an HR interview conducted by HR recruiting team.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation yu have been during your previous experience and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Question – What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting, Interviewed on campus and invited back for super day. The super day consisted of a fit interview, a technical interview and a case study. There was also a group project where you were observed by a group of managers. Received offer the same day

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. salary was set

Personal Banker II Interview

Personal Banker II
Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – The manager was late to the interview. It was a couple hours long. They asked a lot of questions about customer service and why you want to work for chase. It took a very long time to get this interview(6 mos). you have to pass a test online and interview over the phone with a recruiter and then wait to be called.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving current job. Not that this is difficult, but they wouldn't accept that I needed a change in my career.   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Banker
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed with a branch and district manager. i was asked questions related to selling products and customer service. I went to a second interview right after the initial one and interviewed with another branch manager and sales manager.

Interview Question – I was asked to roll play with a sales manager at my second interview. None of the questions where difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate. It was a better position than the one I had at the time so I accepted the offer.

Technology Analyst Internship Interview Interview

Technology Analyst Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submit application through university. Received invitation to interview at my university's campus approximately 2 weeks later. I interviewed with two VPs back-to-back, hour long each. Interview was relatively easier than other CS/tech interviews I have done. Technical questions revolved around your familiarity with data structures. No analytical questions (didn't even have to use a whiteboard). Behavioral questions revolved around teamwork and team conflicts. Phone call ~2 weeks after with offer to work in NYC.

Interview Question – uTechnical questions were relatively easy. Be familiar with Java. Quite a few HR behavior type questions. My interview decided to blow by these questions and talked mostly about the project he was working on.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interviewer did not impress me, seemed to not like the culture himself. Other competing offers seemed better to me.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker
Chicago, IL

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Applied online, used college mate as a referral, got a call from the recruiter very quickly - had a phone interview with the recruiter; got invited to the branch, spoke to the manager. behavioral/personal type of interview.

Interview Question – How would you sell to me this piece of (whatever office supply)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan interview questions and advice. All 2,204 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.