J.P. Morgan

2,246 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchant Disputes Advisor Interview

Merchant Disputes Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and it took about 2-3 weeks and received a preliminatry interview via email. Then scheduled a face to face interview, and offered a position with in a week.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had difficulty with another coworker and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Digital Analyst Interview

Digital Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online after employee referral. Initial HR interview followed by multiple interviews on phone with managers and then an in person interview with 5 members of the team. The process itself took about 2 months but HR was very slow in responding and follow ups. The HR only responded after multiple follow ups. Internally, the review process takes a long time.

Interview Question – Standard questions about past experiences. Hard to gauge the requirements of the job so please ask questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Less room for negotiation. Salary an benefits are above par to the industry

Systems Architect Interview

Systems Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard process with multiple rounds of interviews. It takes a little longer than most companies because of the size of the company and the decision-ing process requires multiple levels of approval. Overall it was not too painful and I got to speak to a wide range of people with which I ended up interacting.

Interview Question – Please describe a complex system that you have designed?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – referred by an alum and applied online. first contacted by HM but it was more like a pre-screening (no behavioral questions at all) and then forwarded to an AVP one day after for a phone interview focusing on SAS, according to the HM. the AVP was an Indian and had strong accent so he was a bit hard to understand, but he acted very nice and patient throughout the interview, though he was late for more than 10 minutes. He asked me about two projects on my resume with open-ended questions, i.e. you used the term "model fitting" in your first project and tell me what it is, AND you say you know logistic regression so tell me a little about logistic regression. For the LR question at first he clearly said he wanted to hear concepts so I started talking about equations and concepts, but before long he stopped me and said he didn't expect me giving lectures. So I asked whether he wanted me to incorporate concepts in the context of projects but he didn't respond so there was an awkward silence. So I proceeded and talked about the response variable I used and why, 4 predictors, partitioning, and the Data Mining tool I used, etc. Then he asked about model evaluation. When I finished, again he didn't make any sound for a long time, even after i hello-ed him once since I really thought I lost connection or what. All of a sudden he said "Excellent" and started introducing the department and the role. He said he'd finished all his questions and there was the atmosphere to put it an end then he started asking if i had SAS experience (I really have the feeling that he already forgot that part but all of sudden he remembered). Honestly I was surprised because 1) that should be the primary purpose of the interview and Chase is known for its "craziness" about SAS, and 2) I have SAS all over my resume and on top of it I say I have SAS certificates. Especially when I mentioned that I have SAS certificates on my resume he acted as if it was the first he ever noticed that. I was able to answer one of his two questions and he said I shouldn't worry about the second one because it was not important. What disappointed me is today someone I know in his group says he evaluated me bad because he thinks I wasn't prepared at all especially regarding my resume. Explicitly he says that I wasn't familiar with my own resume, and I wasn't able to tell enough about 4 predictors I used in LR so it was a sign that I don't know the project well. What else can I say? You may say I'm not prepared in SAS but in my own resume? Seriously? And never has he ever shown any interest in those 4 predictors after I mentioned them, so I figured maybe even if I said enough about them he would've found other excuses to turn me down.

Interview Question – SAS- if you have a data set of 1000 obs and 2 columns, fist being lengths (?) and second being RGB color. first how can you tell whether lengths are unique to colors and second how can you tell what length corresponding to what color (I wasn't sure about the second question because honestly his accent stopped me from comprehending it. I've tried a few times rephrasing and clarifying it but I failed)   View Answers (3)

Project Manager In Risk Office Interview

Project Manager In Risk Office
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details – Lots of posting are bogus. Government manadated that they hire risk people so they pretend they are looking and that they can't find the right people to avoid hiring them.

Interview Question – Interview was scheduled to meet with 3 people. The third person started to badmouth the first one who was executive director. He was really nasty . He didn't even give me a chance to answer his question stating the intervuew was over   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Summer Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring occurred on campus and was half technical interview and half behavioral questions. The behavioral questions were pretty easy to do and basically asked how you would benefit the company. The technical questions involved data structures and psuedocode was allowed. Array sorting and hash tables were also asked.

Interview Question – Implement a linked list in Java without using the built in Linked List class   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with JP Morgan twice, about 3 years apart for different positions, and had the same experience each time. A company that treats you like a piece of dirt. There is a reason JP Morgan is facing billions in lawsuits and fines. No ethics no morals.

Interview Question – You say your last company is downsizing, how come that's not what they told me?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Filled to the brim with jerks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Westerville, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Interview Question – What I would do with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – .

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online within the next week got a call from recruiter I did about a 15 min phone interview with them which went good after that she forward my app to the district manager who then called me a couple of days later to do a face to face interview i did 2 with him n a Branch manager.

Interview Question – What do u like about Chase   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had a initial screening with a recruiter and one week later was set up for an in-person interview. The interview took about 2hrs and I talked in turn with a manager, two analysts and a VP. Questions included both situational and technical ones. They were looking for someone who has a knowledge in the particular software they use.

Interview Question – How would you explain something you have't get a full grasp on to your clients?   Answer Question