J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 21, 2015
2,597 Interview Reviews

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview was a phone interview that took approximately 30 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Second and third interviews were on-site with two managers from different departments. Lastly, a group activity was performed.

Intern Interview

It was an interesting experience. Everyone was very friendly and genuine. The interview was more like a conversation that an interrogation. While the processes was somewhat long, it was a nice rotational interview that allowed me to meet a significant number of employees. By far one of the best interview experiences I have had.

Investment Management Interview

Applied through winning women program- phone screening then two interviews on location. they rotated me through different rooms. Interviews could be with one or two adults. The had a guided rubric of questions to ask you and scored you on the sheet 1 - 5

Interview Questions
    • What is the stock price of JPM right now? tell us about something you have been following in the markets   Answer Question

Financial Control Analyst Interview

First round it was a short phone interview, very basic background questions. Then second round, it was onsite interview with 3 interviewers, one by one. The questions asked by different interviewers were similar, no big difference. Such as why JP, why this position, your 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses, your short-term and long-term goals.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, very basic questions including some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Interview Interview

Accelerated process for minority. Great firm. Great people who are sincere and down to earth. Everyone is willing to help and very intelligent. Super day in early November. Interview questions mostly market-based, as I am interviewing for Sales and Trading. there are a few brain teasers, but not that hard.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch me an international stock that is outside US and China   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First round on-campus. Simple programming questions (Very simple for the CSE background), one question on data analysis related to Linear regression. He also asked me "How would you explain the Linear regression to the non- technical person?" Got the result after 3-4 weeks that I'm not invited for the next rounds.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain the Linear regression to the non- technical person?   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Program Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I got the first round interview through a career fair at a NABA conference and was able to make it to the 2nd round. They both consisted of two 30 minutes interviews with different interviewers each. They were all very nice and i wanna say the interviews were somewhat easygoing. They usually follow a script; have a set of questions they're suppose to ask you. Make sure you know why you're applying for the program and the company.

Interview Questions
    • How have you been able to enhance a process using excel for financial analysis purposes?   View Answer

Full Time Financial Analyst Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Had a 30 min phone interview then got called back for super day for a second interview, met with two hiring managers for two 30 min interviews. Questions weren't too bad, they were pretty much expected. Standard interview questions, mainly behavioral and one technical question about accounting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Online test with initial application
    Phone with Hr -standard background questions
    Branch manager interview / district manger -(if more than one branch hiring they will have all branch managers -so it's like a board room interview )

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this stapler ?(any random object in desk)   View Answer
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years ?   View Answer
    Pretty standard ..base pay not real room for negotiation but commission potential awesome

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The hiring process was very long and they asked behavioral/scenario based questions. Be sure to read the job description and know the line of buisness for the role you're applying for.

Interview Questions
    There was really no negotiation, but I'd say go for it!