J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst Intern Interview

Investment Banking Analyst Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview Details – - Applied online, standard process
- Phone call to confirm assessment center
- Assessment center took 1 day
- Started at 9am with brief intro from HR team
- 15min math test, similar to the one online
- 30min case study preparation. The case study as about a company looking to acquire another one. Had to choose between 3 possible options. All the relevant information was given (EBITDA, Revenues, multiples, etc...) Since all the acquisition would leed to accretion it was more about strategic fit etc.
- 30 min presentation to a VP about the case study. Applicants are put under pressure but it's not too bad. Then casual chat with the VP
- Lunch break with networking opportunity with associates and senior analyst. Good opportunity to ask them fit questions (why did u join JP? etc.)
- After lunch, 30min to 1h Personality interview. Standard fit questions with a VP or MD.
- Then 30min to 1h Technical interview. The level of technicality can differ. I was interviewing with an MD so it wasn't that technical

Then you're free to go

They called back the next day, first one of the VP, then the HR guy, then an associate I had a chat with during lunch which offered her help if I ever needed anything.

Interview Question – Imagine a country with no mobile network which would like to sell some licences to network operators. How would you go about valuing the market?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.