J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward two-round interview, the first with a handful of VPs and MDs in the FIG group, the second round with all my future team members in the Broker/Dealer subsector. Nothing out of the ordinary, no brainteaser or 'gotcha' questions; a fairly stress-free and pleasant experience, geared more towards determining personal compatibility than technical skill.

Interview Question – In the second round my MD asked about my heritage and veered a little into politics, slightly uncomfortable but overall not a big deal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate at the analyst level

Very Difficult Interview

Newark, DE

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Interview Details – Tough Interviews - quizzed on excel forumlas and random finance questions.

Interview Question – Asked about a VERY specific excel function to extract area of a spreadsheet....for a temp to hire position   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2008.

Interview Details – The majority of full-time candidates are taken from the summer analyst pool. Interviews for summer analysts can range from two 30 minute interviews to a full slate of six 30 minute interviews.
Potential candidates are expected to attend several on-campus events prior to submitting their resumes
Candidates are usually told day of or next day whether or not they received an offer.

Interview Question – Where do you think the federal funds rate will be in 6 months   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate for offer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, applicants had to go through resume screening then 2 rounds of interviews (one via phone, and another one in-person at the regional office). HR was extremely helpful and responsive to email inquiries, and did a wonderful job of following up with your interview and application process. The 2 interviews consisted both "fit" and technical questions, including basic accounting and finance principles (earnings reports, DCF and WACC calculation, comps...) as well as a few brainteasers and guesstimates. The interviewers were all VP level or above (some EDs and even MDs) and they were all very friendly and professional. I was very impressed with how they portrayed their company and its work culture!

Interview Question – Estimate the amount of snow that fell on Manhattan last night.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details – Once you were selected for a phone interview, someone contacted you within about 5 days by both phone and then email if you could not be reached by phone. Then the date and time for the interview was set up and followed through with.

Interview Question – Do not remember exact questions   Answer Question

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details – Two guys interviewed me. Asked the typical "why investment banking?" question and some technical questions. Very short interview. only 20 minutes.

Interview Question – How do you value a your farmhouse if oil was discovered underneath?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – Landed the interview through the University Career Center. Over all good experience. J.P. Morgan was very open and honest through the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – J.P. Morgan is a top firm that takes care of their employees.

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 1:1 interviews that focused on personality traits as well as resume checks and questions that focused on past experience.

1 Group problem solving interview which consisted of a skills test centered around the ability to manage

Interview Question – In order to improve overall performance at a bank, what programs would you implement?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice guy. Asked no technical questions. Interested in whether I was in it for the long term.

Interview Questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an investment banking summer internship and they asked me many mathematics questions such as: What is 87^3 to see how fast I could do it? Then they asked me about difficulties I had in the past and the ways that I dealt with them? They also wanted to know if I could work with a team.

Interview Question – What is one experience from which you have grown personally?   Answer Question