J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was both personal and technical. The questions focused on technical financial questions, and we were required to demonstrate basic financial competence. The interview was a panel of three employees of the firm. One was a managing director, one was an associate, and one was an analyst. They represented different industries.

Interview Questions

• What animal is most representative of you and your personality?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

2 / 3 rounds phone interview each round 2 - 3 analysts / associates; then final VC interview with 3 directors / VPs
    usually 15/20 min of behavioral + 15/20 min of tech (standard corp fin / accounting questions)
    most of them are very nice + busy so they won't bother you with crazy questions

Interview Questions

• answer a tech question in another language. not prepared for that   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straightforward two-round interview, the first with a handful of VPs and MDs in the FIG group, the second round with all my future team members in the Broker/Dealer subsector. Nothing out of the ordinary, no brainteaser or 'gotcha' questions; a fairly stress-free and pleasant experience, geared more towards determining personal compatibility than technical skill.

Interview Questions

• In the second round my MD asked about my heritage and veered a little into politics, slightly uncomfortable but overall not a big deal   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate at the analyst level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Online tests, accessement center. and two another round by MD and VPS

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then two-three in person interviews. I didn't make it past the phone interview. The interview was with a brand new associate, he had to reschedule the phone interview 4 times because he either didn't have time to call or had forgot to do so. we finally had the interview at 9 pm.

Interview Questions

• name the three main modules used to value companies, break down the DCF model and explain all its parts. There was also one accounting question he asked, if company A makes x amount of income over 5 years at a tax rate of X etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Two guys interviewed me. Asked the typical "why investment banking?" question and some technical questions. Very short interview. only 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you value a your farmhouse if oil was discovered underneath?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Sat down with a managing director of S&T. After having looked through my resume, the MD started on basic questions such as "tell me about yourself" and "tell me about a time that you lead a team" then proceed to more technical questions such as "what is the formula for WACC" or "what is the Dow Jones today."

Interview Questions

• On the fly calculation question i.e. What is 867 divided by 12?...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Once you were selected for a phone interview, someone contacted you within about 5 days by both phone and then email if you could not be reached by phone. Then the date and time for the interview was set up and followed through with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Landed the interview through the University Career Center. Over all good experience. J.P. Morgan was very open and honest through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • What separates you from all the other candidates that will be interviewing today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

J.P. Morgan is a top firm that takes care of their employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Four 1-on-1 interviews:

1) Executive Director: High-level questions to test if I knew what the investment banking analyst role actually entailed, in terms of responsibilities and hours
    2) Associate: All technical / finance questions
    3) Associate: Mostly technical / finance / questions, as well as a few brain teasers
    4) Associate: All fit / culture questions

Interview Questions

• A company's 5 uses of cash   1 Answer