J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Winning Women Fall 2013 Experience--Applied through website, and the process took 3+ weeks. Two phone interviews followed by 3 1:1 on-site interview.

Interview Question – If JP Morgan were to merge with Wells Fargo, what are the risks and challenges?
Why Investment Banking vs. Consulting?
  Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – First round phone interview, second round on campus interview. Both were pretty straightforward for behavioral things. Asked about views on the markets, what deals I had followed. Asked about accretion/dilution, if a company with a lower p/e buys one with a higher one what is that? If it is acquired using debt is that accretive or dilutive?

Interview Question – We have 5 minutes left, what should we talk about?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had company visit where we got to tour the office and meet a couple of the group members. Applied through school and was invited for 1st round interviews. Pre-orientation dinner the night before with the 10 other candidates. Got to meet a couple of the analysts and the guy interviewing me. Interview was pretty standard, technicals and behavioral. It was the first interview I had during recruiting season, should have been more prepared.

Interview Question – If you had 1 million dollars to invest in anything what would you invest in and why?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Went through college career services program. Info sessions were well-organized, and interview process straightforward

Interview Question – Interviewer asked for a detailed walkthrough of all possible reasons of the subprime mortgage crisis. Difficult because of the scope of the question; no easy 30 second answer, and the fact that the interviewer knew a lot more about the actual situation than I could have.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview - usual technical questions like "What is WACC?" or "Walk me through a DCF" or "What are the effects of depreciation on the financial statements?"

Interview Question – Case study involving a set up of a company and a sale of an item through the financial statements   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Can be difficult to get an interview unless you go through certain programs or attend schools with on campus recruiting or network properly. Phone interview consisted of market questions, fit questions, and the like. Typical stuff. Final round was on site in New York. Consisted of several 30 minute 2 on 1 interviews. More of the same. More in depth market and valuation questions.

Interview Question – What are the methods of valuing a company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Standard IB summer analyst offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.