J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 19, 2014

4.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First round phone interview, second round on campus interview. Both were pretty straightforward for behavioral things. Asked about views on the markets, what deals I had followed. Asked about accretion/dilution, if a company with a lower p/e buys one with a higher one what is that? If it is acquired using debt is that accretive or dilutive?

Interview Questions
  • We have 5 minutes left, what should we talk about?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Winning Women Fall 2013 Experience--Applied through website, and the process took 3+ weeks. Two phone interviews followed by 3 1:1 on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • If JP Morgan were to merge with Wells Fargo, what are the risks and challenges?
      Why Investment Banking vs. Consulting?

Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Went through college career services program. Info sessions were well-organized, and interview process straightforward

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked for a detailed walkthrough of all possible reasons of the subprime mortgage crisis. Difficult because of the scope of the question; no easy 30 second answer, and the fact that the interviewer knew a lot more about the actual situation than I could have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Had company visit where we got to tour the office and meet a couple of the group members. Applied through school and was invited for 1st round interviews. Pre-orientation dinner the night before with the 10 other candidates. Got to meet a couple of the analysts and the guy interviewing me. Interview was pretty standard, technicals and behavioral. It was the first interview I had during recruiting season, should have been more prepared.

Interview Questions
    • If you had 1 million dollars to invest in anything what would you invest in and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Phone interview - usual technical questions like "What is WACC?" or "Walk me through a DCF" or "What are the effects of depreciation on the financial statements?"

Interview Questions
    • Case study involving a set up of a company and a sale of an item through the financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Can be difficult to get an interview unless you go through certain programs or attend schools with on campus recruiting or network properly. Phone interview consisted of market questions, fit questions, and the like. Typical stuff. Final round was on site in New York. Consisted of several 30 minute 2 on 1 interviews. More of the same. More in depth market and valuation questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are the methods of valuing a company?   View Answer
    No. Standard IB summer analyst offer.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Online application followed by telephone interview and verbal/numerical reasoning tests. Invited to preliminary interview which consisted of a 2 on 1 45 minute asking competency questions based on C.V, with some commercial awareness and the usual 'why do you want to work here'. After this was invited 1 week later to the assessment centre where had a half day of exercises, tests and a presentation to finish. Finally had 2 tough 20 minute interviews with directors of the area I was appying to...

Interview Questions
    • What is the key issue facing our client relationships at the current time?   Answer Question