J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
111 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – Typical. Role plays. Identify needs of clients. Explain a situation where you overcame adversity. Why pick a company like JPM Chase. This was not a very difficult process. Always good to have some sort of internal recs

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Chicago, IL

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Applied online, used college mate as a referral, got a call from the recruiter very quickly - had a phone interview with the recruiter; got invited to the branch, spoke to the manager. behavioral/personal type of interview.

Interview Question – How would you sell to me this piece of (whatever office supply)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – Call from HR led to going online and taking a lengthy personality test, then a math test. I was then called again for a phone interview. Next, I was sent to a branch for an interview. I had to role play a couple different scenarios for two branch managers at the same time. I then interviewed with the two managers together, then with a district manager.

Interview Question – The role play was unnerving. I was not expecting it, and was told to sell a stapler.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me that the base pay was standard and not negotiable. I was able to negotiate my base salary up by a few hundred dollars.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – "Sell me this pen". That's probably sums up the entire interview. If you can sell the pen, you get the job.

One phase that they want to hear during the interview is "CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE". The company make customer satisfication a top priority over anything else. Tell them that you want to provide customers with the best possible experience and you will stand out immediately.

Other than that, it's a standard interview. A branch manager will interview you. There will be someone else behind him/her listening and taking notes, maybe even adding in additional questions/comments. Once you pass this interview, there's a 2nd interview with the distrinct manager. Once you pass that, then you're good to go.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one local, one district level

Negotiation Details – I did have to re-address my initial requirement, and it was accepted

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – One interview that lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you would react. They will ask you about "working the lobby", which is where you approach a customer in the lobby as they enter, are waiting in line, filling out deposit/withdrawal slips, etc., and talk to them with the goal of bringing them back to your desk to make a sale. Customer service and sales techniques are priority.

Interview Question – The situational questions are always the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, either accept or decline.

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details – The first process was very simple, I spoke with 2 of the my potentials branch managers and finally the recruiter and another in upper management.

Interview Question – I was asked to pass the licensed banker test within 90 days or termination.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – You begin with a phone interview from one of the district managers. They basically try to find what your motives are, if you would work hard, and how good of a salesman you would be. Then you are told to interview at a Branch location, in which you speak with a branch manager. It's basically the same interview, but now face-to-face. Do good in those, drug test and you got the job.

Interview Question – Just the regular basic questions. 3 strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Generally two interview takes place, Branch manager and District Manager. Customer services is the key point. Try to relate everything to "Help" . That is the language of the company.

Interview Question – Question are generally. Prepare for further career path discussion. They want to see what you see yourself look like in five year. That is what Sale field always asking for. Your motivation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very fast hiring process.

Rockwall, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with multiple levels of management. Must stand up and greet a client walking in the door and ask what they need. This moment is a little awkward.

Interview Question – Please stand up and greet a client walking in the door with the phrase..."What brings you in today?" Then you are supposed to get them over to a working banker. It is a strange deal when you are the only person in the branch not in uniform. Also, you are greeting their clients and not being paid. Strange deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker interview questions and advice. All 111 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.