J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions & Reviews

111 interviews

2.8

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Typical. Role plays. Identify needs of clients. Explain a situation where you overcame adversity. Why pick a company like JPM Chase. This was not a very difficult process. Always good to have some sort of internal recs

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Applied online, used college mate as a referral, got a call from the recruiter very quickly - had a phone interview with the recruiter; got invited to the branch, spoke to the manager. behavioral/personal type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell to me this piece of (whatever office supply)?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Call from HR led to going online and taking a lengthy personality test, then a math test. I was then called again for a phone interview. Next, I was sent to a branch for an interview. I had to role play a couple different scenarios for two branch managers at the same time. I then interviewed with the two managers together, then with a district manager.

Interview Questions
    • The role play was unnerving. I was not expecting it, and was told to sell a stapler.   Answer Question
    They told me that the base pay was standard and not negotiable. I was able to negotiate my base salary up by a few hundred dollars.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

"Sell me this pen". That's probably sums up the entire interview. If you can sell the pen, you get the job.

One phase that they want to hear during the interview is "CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE". The company make customer satisfication a top priority over anything else. Tell them that you want to provide customers with the best possible experience and you will stand out immediately.

Other than that, it's a standard interview. A branch manager will interview you. There will be someone else behind him/her listening and taking notes, maybe even adding in additional questions/comments. Once you pass this interview, there's a 2nd interview with the distrinct manager. Once you pass that, then you're good to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 interviews, one local, one district level

I did have to re-address my initial requirement, and it was accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

One interview that lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you would react. They will ask you about "working the lobby", which is where you approach a customer in the lobby as they enter, are waiting in line, filling out deposit/withdrawal slips, etc., and talk to them with the goal of bringing them back to your desk to make a sale. Customer service and sales techniques are priority.

Interview Questions
    • The situational questions are always the most difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, either accept or decline.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

The first process was very simple, I spoke with 2 of the my potentials branch managers and finally the recruiter and another in upper management.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to pass the licensed banker test within 90 days or termination.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

You begin with a phone interview from one of the district managers. They basically try to find what your motives are, if you would work hard, and how good of a salesman you would be. Then you are told to interview at a Branch location, in which you speak with a branch manager. It's basically the same interview, but now face-to-face. Do good in those, drug test and you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just the regular basic questions. 3 strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Generally two interview takes place, Branch manager and District Manager. Customer services is the key point. Try to relate everything to "Help" . That is the language of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Question are generally. Prepare for further career path discussion. They want to see what you see yourself look like in five year. That is what Sale field always asking for. Your motivation.   View Answer
    very fast hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockwall, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Multiple interviews with multiple levels of management. Must stand up and greet a client walking in the door and ask what they need. This moment is a little awkward.

Interview Questions
    • Please stand up and greet a client walking in the door with the phrase..."What brings you in today?" Then you are supposed to get them over to a working banker. It is a strange deal when you are the only person in the branch not in uniform. Also, you are greeting their clients and not being paid. Strange deal.   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!