J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.8

112 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Online test with initial application
Phone with Hr -standard background questions
Branch manager interview / district manger -(if more than one branch hiring they will have all branch managers -so it's like a board room interview )

Interview Questions
  • Sell me this stapler ?(any random object in desk)   View Answer
  • Where do you see your self in 5 years ?   View Answer
Pretty standard ..base pay not real room for negotiation but commission potential awesome

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Applied online, used college mate as a referral, got a call from the recruiter very quickly - had a phone interview with the recruiter; got invited to the branch, spoke to the manager. behavioral/personal type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell to me this piece of (whatever office supply)?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

"Sell me this pen". That's probably sums up the entire interview. If you can sell the pen, you get the job.

One phase that they want to hear during the interview is "CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE". The company make customer satisfication a top priority over anything else. Tell them that you want to provide customers with the best possible experience and you will stand out immediately.

Other than that, it's a standard interview. A branch manager will interview you. There will be someone else behind him/her listening and taking notes, maybe even adding in additional questions/comments. Once you pass this interview, there's a 2nd interview with the distrinct manager. Once you pass that, then you're good to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 interviews, one local, one district level

I did have to re-address my initial requirement, and it was accepted

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

You begin with a phone interview from one of the district managers. They basically try to find what your motives are, if you would work hard, and how good of a salesman you would be. Then you are told to interview at a Branch location, in which you speak with a branch manager. It's basically the same interview, but now face-to-face. Do good in those, drug test and you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just the regular basic questions. 3 strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Generally two interview takes place, Branch manager and District Manager. Customer services is the key point. Try to relate everything to "Help" . That is the language of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Question are generally. Prepare for further career path discussion. They want to see what you see yourself look like in five year. That is what Sale field always asking for. Your motivation.   View Answer
    very fast hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied to this job via campus career website. After 2 days, I got an email from a branch manager in the area and chose two preferences for phone interview. On scheduled day, the same manager called me and asked very basic behavior questions.
    1) Briefly explain about yourself
    2) Why this position and why Chase
    3) Experience in team activities
    4) Sales experience
    5) Experience in complicated manager
    6) Experience in complicated customer and good customer
    7) Role playing game - Please sell me anything you want. (iPhone, Mac, or Food, Anything)

So basically, all questions were related to sales oriented behavior because this job position is all about just sales in store.

Two days later, I got another interview request with a regional manager but turned it down because it's entry level sales job. Actually what I thought was a private banker, not a personal banker.

Interview Questions
    • Sell something what you want.
      -This was the most difficult question because I didn't have actual information about the product. (Oh, I chose iPhone 5s and said just plain words, like long battery, slick design..etc)
        Answer Question

Not the final offer but another interview request.
    But I don't want to stand in front of the door to catch walk-in customers and sell bank products. If I want to go with sales job, I might go to insurance companies.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

They start off with a phone interview from an HR rep. After the initial phone interview you then interview with the hiring branch manager. Once the branch manager approves you have your last interview with the District Manager

Interview Questions
    • What, in your opinion is the worst quality about you>]?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

First preception - Office is very well ran. Culture seems easy going. Interview was about 1 hour. One of the easiest interviews that I ever completed.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed... Offer surpassed what I though it should be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

I was called by a recruiter that explained that Chase wanted to hire prior military. I went on-line filled out application and completed assessment. Was called by asst. branch manager and scheduled a face to face interview with branch manager and asst. branch manager. The interview was typical with information and structured interview questions. I felt I had successfully answered all the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you think good customer service is.   View Answer