J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2014

2.8

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

On-campus interview, easy. Basic stuff then they had me "sell" them a pen.

Second-round interview. Easy interview and information session.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Phone screen followed by two meeting with Branch Managers and a conversation with the district manager. Seemed I was going to get an offer after meeting with the DM, but company wasn't sure which branch to put me in.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember specifically, but was asked a few questions on how I would respond to being mistreated by a bank customer.   Answer Question
    Commission based so not too much room for negotiation on base salary.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview with BMs & DM. Called back in 2 days with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given diff kind of situations and had to role play with the managers.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

just an in person interview and then a phone interview, the hiring process was pretty quicl

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

While the initial interviewing process was good, I found the final round of the interview not as fair as the previous two. My final round of the interview was very short (10 min) as opposed to the allotted time of 30 minutes. I felt that my interviewer was trying to rush me at the door, rather than actually decide if I was the right person for the job.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Just applied. Had to do a test and have the interview next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Campus interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online and was invited to a private career event. Networked and socialized with management and future manager (didn't know it at the time); completed an online assessment consisting of about 75 questions; phone interview; 2 in-person interviews; received an offer and accepted; total time from initial contact to hire date was approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult problem you've encountered in the workplace and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Applied online, got a call 2 months later, had a single interview with the DM..got a call back about 1 month later for a second interview, was offered the job 3 days later

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen how you would if it were one of our products and/or services.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, but I wish I would've. External employees can demand so much more than internal employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2012.

I apply for personal banker (bilingual) 2 days later i receive a call to set up a phone interview i did the call pass it (don't freak out they will just ask what makes a good sells man, how would you deal whit a mad customer ans little staff like that and than she offer me the interview going to the Kettering town center balding in downtown Dayton wait there for about 30 minutes on a 10 by 10 ft room i swear i felt so uncomfortable than i get a interviewer who was A Mexican born in the united states (Chicano) and i felt that when he was interviewing me he was being a little sarcastic as well as the fact that he acted like he couldn't understand me i have a degree on IT. as well as business administration. i believe i answer all the questions in a correct matter and also nail the roll play because of this site make sure you have knowledge on financial products that chase offers don't lack on that.
    the interview was about 45 minutes long and at the end he say he dint think that was the job for me. he told me to go to the website and look up other jobs and than he star talking about Columbus Ohio jobs that there are alot of opening and that i might have a chance and than he say that there was a teller position available about 1:20 minutes from where i live i was really mad and i dint show it i just say that fine i'll do that than just walked out! that was my experience guys i hope it helps.