J.P. Morgan

109 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Fresno, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter that explained that Chase wanted to hire prior military. I went on-line filled out application and completed assessment. Was called by asst. branch manager and scheduled a face to face interview with branch manager and asst. branch manager. The interview was typical with information and structured interview questions. I felt I had successfully answered all the questions.

Interview Question – Describe what you think good customer service is.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – First preception - Office is very well ran. Culture seems easy going. Interview was about 1 hour. One of the easiest interviews that I ever completed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Chase?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed... Offer surpassed what I though it should be.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – They start off with a phone interview from an HR rep. After the initial phone interview you then interview with the hiring branch manager. Once the branch manager approves you have your last interview with the District Manager

Interview Question – What, in your opinion is the worst quality about you>]?   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – online assesement was easy...

Interview Question – very few banking questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – On-campus interview, easy. Basic stuff then they had me "sell" them a pen.

Second-round interview. Easy interview and information session.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – Assessment test that included math, customer service and integrity questions. Prescreening Interview with HR, Interview with Branch Manager, & Interview with Regional Banker. Typical Bank Sales questions that allow you to demonstrate your ability to convert high bank balances into investments. Regulations are important, relivent sales experience and success stories make the difference. If you are able to manage a staff and meet goals you have a shot at management.

Interview Question – Tell us how you will revive a disinterested market and get investment sales.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The process took too long and I a accepted a better offer somewhere else.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – While the initial interviewing process was good, I found the final round of the interview not as fair as the previous two. My final round of the interview was very short (10 min) as opposed to the allotted time of 30 minutes. I felt that my interviewer was trying to rush me at the door, rather than actually decide if I was the right person for the job.

Interview Question – What can you bring to Chase?   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for several different positions before I was finally called by a recruiter stationed in New York. Had a phone interview where they asked me several questions to determine my sales background and customer experience orientation. Then the recruiter setup an interview with a branch manager. The branch manager narrows down the pool of candidates and then the recruiter called again to setup an interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After a good interview I was called by the recruiter again and offered the job at a mid salary range. I was sent an email with a contract.

Tyler, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

Interview Details – You have to go through 3 interviews including a phone interview. Ver scripted and if you do not appear to be money driven, then forget it.

Interview Question – If they ask you what is important to you the answer is always money.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a phase, it is this salary and you take it or leave it.

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was sent on this interview by WorkForce One. I was only supposed to meet with the District Manager. When I arrived at his branch, the first task I had to complete was to :get: someone using an ATM machine up to (this branch happened to have 2 floors) a Personal Banker's desk. He was impressed when I succeeded within the first 5min.

The interview itself was efficient ...not too long, not too short, and he learned about me what he needed to know. I was asked a variety of questions and to respond to different situations, that he read from his standard interview packet. It couldn't have taken more than 35min.

He then wanted me to meet with the respective Branch Manager so as to learn the extent of my Spanish speaking ability. That conversation was more casual and lasted about 15min.

Everyone in the branch was very friendly and I didn't have to wait for very long to speak with the Managers.

Following the interview, I waited for a few minutes while the District Manager made some calls, after which he sent me to a prospective branch to meet with that branch manager. Upon arriving, the manager informed me that they weren't hiring at that branch, but we chatted for a little bit nonetheless, about the role of a personal banker, operations, my experiences etc. This was just while he waited for the District Manager to return his call regarding the misunderstanding.

From there, I was sent to another branch, where the wait time was a little longer because they were understaffed. I met with the BM and she started to ask questions and propose scenarios from the same interview packet, but quickly put it down and wanted to converse more casually. While we hit it off in the beginning, after about 7-10min, she expressed that she thought that I would be a good fit in her branch and would say so to the (hiring) DM.

And that was that.

I received an offer within the week via my WorkForce One agent. Shortly thereafter, I received a bunch of paperwork to fill out, was drug tested and then attended orientation.

Overall the process was fairly easy. The managers were friendly, the questions were fair and the Force was strong!

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me personally is always, "What are your professional shortcomings, where can you improve"?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan