J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.8

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

online test 1st, phone call 2nd, then a call for 1st interview with branch manager, then a 2nd interview with branch manager and district manager. Make sure that your resume has words that match the job description.

Interview Questions
  • sell me this pen. What questions do you have for us.   View Answer
ask for 36k and take the counter of 32k

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

One interview that lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you would react. They will ask you about "working the lobby", which is where you approach a customer in the lobby as they enter, are waiting in line, filling out deposit/withdrawal slips, etc., and talk to them with the goal of bringing them back to your desk to make a sale. Customer service and sales techniques are priority.

Interview Questions
    • The situational questions are always the most difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, either accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

For the initial interview, I was asked many questions ranging from "why do you want to work for JPMorganChase" to "sell me my pen". The initial interview was extremely friendly and very laid back, I have to admit I was nervous but the Branch Manager was good at smoothing easing my fears. The second interview was a panel interview, it was with the District Manager, there I was asked basically the same questions. To me, it seemed more of a reassurance that the Branch Manager had made a good assessment. of me.

Interview Questions

I wasn't looking to move to Chicago due to personal reasons. The job posting on my campus career listings did not specify that it was for that specific location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Started off with pre-night at a Bar... very laid back. Talk amongst 3 branch managers and 1 assistant branch manager. really chill and cool people, saw them at the bars later that night. first interview was really easy, had to sell a pen at the end. 2nd interview was at chase tower in chicago a couple weeks later. It was a day full of a couple presentations, lunch, and an interview with 2 branch managers. 2nd interview questions were pretty much the same as the first. only difference was we role played and I had to approach a "customer" who was at the atm and bring them back to my office

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Went to its hiring event get connections. Talk to big people is the key I.E. district managers, people who can make decision. And then apply online, get a phone call next week. Went to interview on the day after I received the phone call, and got an offer afternoon. The process go very quick, took 5 days from the event to get the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why this field? Why Chase? Why this position? What drive you success? Tell me about yourself.

Simple questions.
        Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

My friends and I took Chase online assessment and all of us failed it. The math problems were easy but other questions were not very clear. We gave different answers and yet none of us managed to pass the test. Very weird.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

when submitting an application I was required to pass a test consisting of multiple-choice questions.
    Most of the questions are about loans, mortgages, etc. Not difficult, but you have to be very fast. Otherwise they will send you an email automatically that they will keep your CV in their file system :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Group Interview
    Pannel Interview
    1-1 interview with manager

Interview Questions
    • How much money you want to make and what are you going to do to achieve it?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate pay because of my experience in banking i guess most people are getting paid 15-18 hr but if you have experience you can negotiate what you are worth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Banking Test, interview with Management, panel interview with management

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

It took a while. While there is high turnover within Chase, there are a lot of internal applicants. Persistence pays off! Glassdoor was spot-on as far as what others have said about the process. Don't give up!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a conflict between another PB and yourself regarding who gets credit to a sale?   Answer Question