J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

It took a while. While there is high turnover within Chase, there are a lot of internal applicants. Persistence pays off! Glassdoor was spot-on as far as what others have said about the process. Don't give up!

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a conflict between another PB and yourself regarding who gets credit to a sale?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interviewed with branch manager, it went well and then interviewed with district manager. Interview was mostly about sales strategy and customer service.

Interview Questions
    Salary is based on experience and tops at at 32k. Monthly sales incentive I was told is between 1500 and 2k a month.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

it was very professional. at first all the candidates are told to wait in an office and then one by one we were picked to be interviewed in 1:1 with the branch manager. after the interview, I went back to the waiting room for an hour until I met with the regional manager for about a half hour.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

I applied online for the postion as a licensed personal banker. I was given a call by their recruiter and was scheduled for the in person panel interview. There were to be three people there to interview me. Two of the them were Branch Managers and were both very polite and took turns asking questions. I had studied different questions they might ask so I had very detailed answers for all of them. When the thrid woman walked into the interview late, the other two managers just let her do all the talking. Apparently she is the district manager. The way and tone in which she asked questions was extremely rude. It was as if I was being drilled back at basic training. A few of the "trick" questions she attempted to ask made her seem like a complete idiot because she didn't structured them correctly. It was very similar to telling the punchline to a joke during the joke and then stumbling to the end of it. I called her out on a few of these which I'm sure did not help my chances, but then again, I couldn't imagine working for someone like this on a daily basis. All in all, I left the interview with very little hope of getting the job. I was notified with an automatically generated e-mail a few days later which informed me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you forced to work as part of a team. What was the situation? How did you contribute? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Straight foward interview with basic behavioral questions and a role playing portion. Key to role playing portion is ability to sell the product to consumer without them feeling like you are selling them something.

Interview Questions

Offer was for a teller position due to lack of sales experince

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

I applied for the postion thru there web site I was promted to take the online assesment which took about an hour. I was contacted by a recruiter the next a few days later maybe like 2 or three days, I was invited to come in for an interview on the on the 10th for the 12th, which was yesterday, I found the interview pretty easy since I already had banking and sales experience it was easy to talk about my skills and background, the questions were pretty typical sales and interview questions so if you prepare and shoe some personality you'll do well. I was made an offfer right away which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    I was offered my market rate which was what I wanted so I did not feel the need to negotiate since what was offered matched my skills and experience, however it's doesn't hurt to try if you feel there offer is a lower then you expected.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Online appliaction and assesment (slightly difficult if you havent worked in the finance industry). I think a recruiter is suppose to do a phone interview but she was sick so the manager called me directly to set an appointment. one on one interview took just over an hour, she said if the job is offered to me I should hear back in a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Chase?   View Answer
    • What if anything has made you upset at your job?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

At first I did the online application with an assessment test (both personality and skills). I was then contacted by a recruiter who did a phone screening. At that point I was given an interview time for an "hiring event" to occur the next week. At the event I was interviewed by a District Manager who asked me a battery of questions about my past experience and "what would you do in this situation?" kind of questions. -- All of the questions are from a packet that the managers are given. I actually had access to a similar packet so I was prepared. At the end of my interview another District Manager came in and asked me some questions. I waited over a week for a reply and eventually received an email telling me that I was not going to receive a job offer. Nice touch with the email, Chase. No report on whether I was eligible to apply again.

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Very typical interview process. I was introduced to the position from a recruiter at a job fair at our college. From that point there was a pretty standard personality/intelligence test. After that there was a interview with 4 people. The interview lasted around one hour. Typical Behavioral interview questions, it was easy to build report with the panel as well.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you delivered what you would consider to be exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

If you want a job that preys on customers that walk through the doors of the branch and try to bring them to your desk to see if you can pass off bigger commissions to senior bankers, this job is for you, look no further!