J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – Rigorous interview process to meet across many teams. You first have to get a first screening. Then you go in to meet with the hiring manager. Then you meet with the senior level on the team. Then you meet with all the analysts.

Interview Question – What is the theory behind the capital assets pricing model   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate

Commercial Banking Analyst Program Interview

Commercial Banking Analyst Program
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career website and was sent an email about the interview with the hiring manager. Overall, it was a nice experience, though I did not receive an offer. He mostly asked my my internship experience and also behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time you had problems working in a team.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details – I just had one interview, but it took 3 weeks to get a job offer from recruiter that did not want to negotiate anything just offered a flat salary and that was it, had to accept it since my unemployment was running out. Started 2 weeks after background and drug testing clearance.

Interview Question – None, the interview was easy, no behavior questions, which was a nice change.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Mortgage Loan Processor
Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – detail

Interview Question – It has been over 6 years I am not able to provide   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – able to negotiate

Senior Mortgage Uncderwriter Interview

Senior Mortgage Uncderwriter
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview Details – Shakey, subsequent interviews were not sure in what they were looking for. Narrow focus, not able to see applicability of skills from other industries

Interview Question – Why, why do we do this. Often it did not make sense and no one could give a clear cut answer as to why. It mostly came back as, "that is the way we do it".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What negotiation phase. It was take it or leave it.

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview, applied through School's Career Site
Two People interview me, and they were high end employees of the company. Seemed friendly but uninterested in the actual interview.

Interview Question – What is you passion?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Van Nuys, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Online application contained assessment questions such as financial calculations, management decisions, etc. My background is financial services so the questions were quite easy and didn't find them too difficult. The assessment questionnaire must be included with the online application to be considered for the position.
The application process was frustrating. You were given about an hour to complete the assessment, which I completed, given that my computer was slow. I received the email confirming they received my application, then 4 minutes later, I received the letter of denial. I thought it was unreasonable and insensitive for JP Morgan Chase to treat potential applicants this way: taking and hour to complete their assessment and online application, only to be rejected 4 minutes later.

Interview Question – Assessment questionnaire included mortgage and lending calculations, savings interest percentages, management situations, etc.   Answer Question

Litigation Specialist Interview

Litigation Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I worked as a temp from an employment agency for the first 2 years, and I learnt the day-to-day procedures of the department over a period of time. Eventually they realized that they had someone who they wanted to keep full time. Therefore I didn't really have an interview as they knew all they wanted to know about while I temping.

Interview Question – I am originally from London, England and they asked me if I had any plans to return to England. I didn't expect that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, I was so happy to be offered a permanent position (I was 47 at the time) I accepted what they offered.

Mortgage Banking Interview

Mortgage Banking
Chatsworth, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Interview Details – Make sure you can get some type of referral before you interview. Its always who you know at JP Morgan Chase.

Interview Question – They ask you what your favorite color is.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was fine, no issues there.

Custoemr Assistance Specialist Interview

Custoemr Assistance Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – Your meeting with management and then the future team.

Interview Question – All simple questions -nothing difficult   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!