J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.5

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bank Teller- JPM Chase Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I applied online through indeed.com for the chase teller position. I went in and spoke with the branch manager and he explained that you have to pass the assessment in order to be considered. The chase career site will send you an email immediately if you failed the assessment. For all the locations you apply for it will, immediately. The email says "after careful consideration, we regret...." After the assessment the screen will say (if you failed) "you are not eligible to for the bank teller position at this time." After speaking with the manager, about a few days later I received an email from a recruiter telling me to take a video interview through an app called "HireVue" I did the interview through my iPhone and it consisted of 11 questions. This substitutes as the phone interview. The recruiter can view your video interview as many times as they like. The next day I recieved a call from the branch manager wanting to schedule me for an interview. I dressed extremely professional. Hair in ponytail, slicked back, black pencil skirt, pantyhose, blazer. Now, I dressed in black because chase only wants black blazers or suit with their blue. After the interview the branch manager asked me if I could immediately go over to a different branch and do an interview with the assistant manager, the same day. The manager told me I should here something by Friday, but Friday came and no call. I waited until Monday and called the branch mananger. Left a message and he called back wanting to schedule a third interview with the district mananger. Two days later I received a call from the same recruiter and told me I was offered the position. I went through a series of emails, accepting the offer and so on, pre-employment.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • How have you handled a problem in which you knew would arise.   View Answer
    • If a customer wanted 3 fifty dollar bills and the check being cashed was $737.37, how would you cash it?   View Answer
    • Have you even had a problem with a superior?   View Answer
    • Was you cash drawer even short? If so, explain.   View Answer
    Take the offer, it is a great job and looks great on a resume.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Rigorous interview process to meet across many teams. You first have to get a first screening. Then you go in to meet with the hiring manager. Then you meet with the senior level on the team. Then you meet with all the analysts.

Interview Questions
    • What is the theory behind the capital assets pricing model   View Answer
    Did not try to negotiate

Commercial Banking Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Applied through my school's career website and was sent an email about the interview with the hiring manager. Overall, it was a nice experience, though I did not receive an offer. He mostly asked my my internship experience and also behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time you had problems working in a team.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

I just had one interview, but it took 3 weeks to get a job offer from recruiter that did not want to negotiate anything just offered a flat salary and that was it, had to accept it since my unemployment was running out. Started 2 weeks after background and drug testing clearance.

Interview Questions
    • None, the interview was easy, no behavior questions, which was a nice change.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

detail

able to negotiate

Senior Mortgage Uncderwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Shakey, subsequent interviews were not sure in what they were looking for. Narrow focus, not able to see applicability of skills from other industries

Interview Questions
    • Why, why do we do this. Often it did not make sense and no one could give a clear cut answer as to why. It mostly came back as, "that is the way we do it".   View Answer
    What negotiation phase. It was take it or leave it.

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

On Campus Interview, applied through School's Career Site
    Two People interview me, and they were high end employees of the company. Seemed friendly but uninterested in the actual interview.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Online application contained assessment questions such as financial calculations, management decisions, etc. My background is financial services so the questions were quite easy and didn't find them too difficult. The assessment questionnaire must be included with the online application to be considered for the position.
    The application process was frustrating. You were given about an hour to complete the assessment, which I completed, given that my computer was slow. I received the email confirming they received my application, then 4 minutes later, I received the letter of denial. I thought it was unreasonable and insensitive for JP Morgan Chase to treat potential applicants this way: taking and hour to complete their assessment and online application, only to be rejected 4 minutes later.

Interview Questions
    • Assessment questionnaire included mortgage and lending calculations, savings interest percentages, management situations, etc.   Answer Question

Litigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I worked as a temp from an employment agency for the first 2 years, and I learnt the day-to-day procedures of the department over a period of time. Eventually they realized that they had someone who they wanted to keep full time. Therefore I didn't really have an interview as they knew all they wanted to know about while I temping.

Interview Questions
    • I am originally from London, England and they asked me if I had any plans to return to England. I didn't expect that.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I was so happy to be offered a permanent position (I was 47 at the time) I accepted what they offered.

Mortgage Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chatsworth, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Make sure you can get some type of referral before you interview. Its always who you know at JP Morgan Chase.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you what your favorite color is.   View Answer
    It was fine, no issues there.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!