J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.5

Bank Teller- JPM Chase Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I applied online through indeed.com for the chase teller position. I went in and spoke with the branch manager and he explained that you have to pass the assessment in order to be considered. The chase career site will send you an email immediately if you failed the assessment. For all the locations you apply for it will, immediately. The email says "after careful consideration, we regret...." After the assessment the screen will say (if you failed) "you are not eligible to for the bank teller position at this time." After speaking with the manager, about a few days later I received an email from a recruiter telling me to take a video interview through an app called "HireVue" I did the interview through my iPhone and it consisted of 11 questions. This substitutes as the phone interview. The recruiter can view your video interview as many times as they like. The next day I recieved a call from the branch manager wanting to schedule me for an interview. I dressed extremely professional. Hair in ponytail, slicked back, black pencil skirt, pantyhose, blazer. Now, I dressed in black because chase only wants black blazers or suit with their blue. After the interview the branch manager asked me if I could immediately go over to a different branch and do an interview with the assistant manager, the same day. The manager told me I should here something by Friday, but Friday came and no call. I waited until Monday and called the branch mananger. Left a message and he called back wanting to schedule a third interview with the district mananger. Two days later I received a call from the same recruiter and told me I was offered the position. I went through a series of emails, accepting the offer and so on, pre-employment.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • How have you handled a problem in which you knew would arise.   View Answer
    • If a customer wanted 3 fifty dollar bills and the check being cashed was $737.37, how would you cash it?   View Answers (2)
    • Have you even had a problem with a superior?   View Answer
    • Was you cash drawer even short? If so, explain.   View Answer
    Take the offer, it is a great job and looks great on a resume.

Commercial Banking Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Applied through my school's career website and was sent an email about the interview with the hiring manager. Overall, it was a nice experience, though I did not receive an offer. He mostly asked my my internship experience and also behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time you had problems working in a team.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

On Campus Interview, applied through School's Career Site
    Two People interview me, and they were high end employees of the company. Seemed friendly but uninterested in the actual interview.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Online application contained assessment questions such as financial calculations, management decisions, etc. My background is financial services so the questions were quite easy and didn't find them too difficult. The assessment questionnaire must be included with the online application to be considered for the position.
    The application process was frustrating. You were given about an hour to complete the assessment, which I completed, given that my computer was slow. I received the email confirming they received my application, then 4 minutes later, I received the letter of denial. I thought it was unreasonable and insensitive for JP Morgan Chase to treat potential applicants this way: taking and hour to complete their assessment and online application, only to be rejected 4 minutes later.

Interview Questions
    • Assessment questionnaire included mortgage and lending calculations, savings interest percentages, management situations, etc.   Answer Question

Litigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I worked as a temp from an employment agency for the first 2 years, and I learnt the day-to-day procedures of the department over a period of time. Eventually they realized that they had someone who they wanted to keep full time. Therefore I didn't really have an interview as they knew all they wanted to know about while I temping.

Interview Questions
    • I am originally from London, England and they asked me if I had any plans to return to England. I didn't expect that.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I was so happy to be offered a permanent position (I was 47 at the time) I accepted what they offered.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Recruited through a headhunter for the Wealth Management Group. Position was market analyst and performance support for high net worth clients. Made it through first round of onsite interviews from candidate pool of 32 applicants. Had a great second interview and met with Senior Managing Directors. Making a connection with the specific Producer was crucial.

Interview Questions
    • Standard psychometric questions - what are your weaknesses? etc   Answer Question
    Sucessfully negotiated a salary increase, though that took a few days and some internal discussions. Positions are budgeted, but they will make allowances depending on how much they want you.

Private Wealth Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Set up through University. There were 2 interviews, each about 45 mins. The first was more technical and they wanted to talk about macro economics, where I thought good investments were and how I would handle clients. Second was behavioral case.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the policy issues in the USA, how are they affecting things and what would you like to see changed?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

the process was short and sweet. general questions one on one i had another person join in the interview and that was it.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. the offer was presented and i accepted as is

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

First, I applied online and filled out an evaluation on the Chase hiring site. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an interview with the branch manager and asst. manager, then an interview with the district manager. After all the interviewing i had to go in for fingerprinting (twice) and have a drug test.

non negotiable

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

easy. Average entry-level questions that are based on your opinions.