J.P. Morgan Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Spoke with a number of peers and a few in upper management. Overall, a pretty good experience. The vibe I had was that they wanted to see if I would fit in with the rest of the group. I had a relationship with someone in upper management so I kind of new in advance what was going to happen. Do not think this was the norm.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about prior position for which I elaborated enough details that I new would apply to the current positon.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone screening and interview. Followed with a face to face interview. The prosess is very long. It took 3 month between the initial phone call and starting to work.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all standard behavior questions giving scenarios. No surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The was very little room to negotiate with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Springfield, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

The hiring process begins with the online application, if qualified the candidate is then contacted by the recruiter. If the applicant has the necessary skills he or she is interviewed by a hiring manager. The applicant must pass an online assessment test, drug test, and back ground check if hired.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for situation, behavior, outcome questions these determine the most qualified candidates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation the starting salary for a team manager is a set amount.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview

It was fair but it did seem like their was a real disconnect from what HR presented the job and what the hiring manager shared.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2008.

Interview

They give you a phone call and put these various scenarios. It is not that hard but they want you to answer it immediately without giving it a second thought. If given time say 30 minutes, I could have answered the questions. And I wasn't expecting such a detailed interview questions over the phone. It really seemed like on site interview.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes and has a bad credit, what do you suggest to him so he can open an account with us?   1 Answer