J.P. Morgan Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call back when I had no experience. This was back when the HARP program had started and they were desperate for new underwriters even when no experience was an issue

Interview Questions

• Ability to work in an office   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job through my university website for employers. The recruiter was from NYC and contacted me 2 hours after I sent my resume in. We agreed for a phone interview the next week. 30 min phone interview and the first question was a mortgage related question to calculate capacity to pay a mortgage, then behavorial. Passed and was then asked to fill out some information and apply formaly through their career portal for the specific position. Applied and was contacted to travel to Jacksonville to go through the interview. Arrived and was greeted by some senior staff members to break the ice and learn about the position and Chase. Panel was very thorough on examples and to ellaborate. I left knowing I delivered solid examples since I was already used to interviewing for many other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with many obligations and deadlines how did you proceed?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do something that you did not feel comfortable about doing?   Answer Question

I chose to decline since I did not want to move to Jacksonville, and I used them for leverage to secure my salary at the current company I will be working for by using the offer from JP Morgan Chase to lever myself up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through my school. Got a call from corporate to set up a phone interview, followed by a light interview with a couple of basic math questions. Then got a call from a current underwriter (casual) and was set up for a cisco telepresence interview at a Chase local HQ. I asked good questions and was asked some basic interview questions.. no surprises here. Was called back the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not flexible.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer asked what my current supervisor would say are my top 3 traits, how I review applications, and how I stay up to date on the field.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 traits your current manager would tell me about you?   Answer Question