J.P. Morgan

3.2

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2014.

They conducted 3 rounds. First consisted of general aptitude test, verbal ability, mathematical ability and test based on code snippets (it was a written test, wasn't very tough, timing is important, 4 options, no negative marking). After that it was technical round (panel of 2 were present for interview ), almost 95% questions were based on resume (basically final year project). They went really deep into my project details (asked technologies used, architecture, software development lifecycle, etc etc) and few more details on your other projects (if any, i had done a few), and more questions based on rest of resume. I cleared both and the final round was an average hr round. All expected questions were asked, nothing new here. I didn't clear hr round but overall it was a good interview experience. Around 100 students had applied, around 20 cleared apti, 18 cleared technical interview , and finally 9 were given job offer.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Written Test that encompassed knowledge of aptitude, fundamentals of business and market awareness. Followed by a Financial Statement Activity workshop, a presentation, and two interviews.

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

for the position of Performance Test engineer. the process was good , Two telephonic interviews and then next face to face technical interview and HR round and salary negotiation

Interview Questions
    • all questions are relevant to subject area & specialization .Practical situational base questions are asked in interview .   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Person from OPs talked about my reasons for leaving the present job, which I found particularly strange. Instead of quizzing me regarding my work ability, the person rather seemed more interested in knowing the 'juicy' details of the reasons why I am quitting my previous job. My response to their two distinct questions immediately gave away their fear. Instead of treating me as a fair candidate, I was treated as a potentially hostile candidate who may someday threaten their position in the company. However, I must say, the entire conduct was polite, courteous and an attempt was made not to let their personal emotions reflect in the process. In a nutshell it was indeed a professional conduct, to that certain extent.

Interview Questions
    • A role play scenario was given. With a clear instruction on I don't need to know the basis and the hypothetical assumption was presented. I was told that I was expected to respond to the given scenario, in whatever way I thought was the best and give the reasons for my decision.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

The process was simple. They just asked questions on our projects. They asked questions mainly on object oriented Software engineering concepts.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were unexpected. Just one point I would like to mention that HR interview was a stress interview.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Got a call from HR about the position and my interest. HR scheduled the first telephonic discussion with the technical panel. Next day HR called that I have cleared the first round and I will need to come down to their office in Mumbai for further discussions. Attended 3 more rounds 1 technical & 2 were high level (with VPs). Same day HR discussion happened and my salary expectation & other aspirations were noted by the HR. While leaving HR told me that there would be one more final technical discussion with the US counterpart (VP). After 3 days got the call from HR about the US round. It was a pure technical round and I would say toughest among all, for around 1. hours. After 3 days HR called me that feedback is positive and we will offer you. After that day I didn't receive any call from HR then I called them (luckily I had HRs mobile no), he told me that approvals are in progress and will take some time. I waited for one more week but no response. Next week I called the HR again and they told me that same story. Same thing happened again and I waited for 2 weeks this time. I called the HR and he said that the position I was interviewed is went on hold but they will offer me and are looking for approvals for some other position in the same dept. I waited for more than 3 weeks and called him again and got the same response , finally after some days got the call from HR , he apologize for the delay and justified the delay. He asked me about my expectation and I quoted the figure. Next week I got the LOI finally. They offered me what I asked so no negotiation. :)

Interview Questions
    • Technical discussions were little high level and were above avg.   Answer Question
    They offered me what I asked so no negotiation.

Management Trainee- Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

a case study was provided.it was very simple case study.a group discussion followed on the same.after group discussion there was personal round of interview in which there was very basic HR types questions n o MBA related questions were asked.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

To contribute to organisation success
    Through my experience in customer relationship.
    Proven ability to achieve company’s objective.

Interview Questions
    • Capable to handle any situation and can work on it as well for the betterment of organisation.   View Answer
    We offer you job and we would be pleased love to have you in our company .

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Not much was i asked in my interview except will i able to do uninteresting, monotonous work.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation involved.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Written Exam, Two rounds of Interviews