J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Sep 24, 2014

263 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

E-TRADING SUMMER ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I got the interview by applying through campus career center website. There are two rounds of interviews. The first round is a behavioral based phone interview. The second round took place in Grand Hyatt in NYC. There were three interviews with different recruiters, and each one took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions about probability theory and basic data structure in coding. Mostly they just walked through my resume and ask questions about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Was invited for a Superday after attending an informational event. Consisted of 2 "1/2 hour" interviews with 2 separate interviewers. 1 interview is resume review and "how did you handle a difficult situation, what are your other interest" questions. Other is more technical: "What are some of the regulations J.P. Morgan might face; What financial stories have caught your eye?". Will hear back "in a couple of weeks". Haven't received offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • What are some regulations J.P. Morgan may face in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Vice President - Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Phone screens + onsite + follow up phone interview. Recruiter was very aggressive, not friendly, said offer was "take it or leave it." Offer was low and I was not happy with it so I declined. Group seemed good, but offer was not competitive.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or too difficult. Asked to describe previous projects.   Answer Question

Salary too low.

Associate Corporate & Investment Bank Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Two phone interviews followed by an in-person (Half day, 4 people)

Location was in Brooklyn--they recently moved a lot of people to MetroTech Center. I didn't like the area surrounding the office, but the office itself was pretty nice. Pretty quiet, low-key atmosphere. There is no business presence in Brooklyn as far as I can tell, so no trading floors etc.

People were nice and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • 2 eggs and a building problem. A building has height n and you have 2 eggs. At a certain floor N, an egg dropped from this floor will break. Find a strategy to find the floor N at which eggs will start breaking, while minimizing the number of drops. Note that the key is that you have 2 eggs.   View Answer
    • Given a list and bucket size, write an algorithm which returns a list of lists each of which contains [bucket size] number of items. It's not guaranteed that the bucket size will evenly divide into the length of the list. How can you unit test this? What are the base/edge cases?   View Answer
    • Given an unsorted list of size n-1 that contains all but one number between 1 and n, write an algorithm that will detect the missing number. Can you do this in constant time? What about if there were k numbers?   View Answer
    • Implement a deadlock in any programming language.   View Answer
    • Implement list comprehension in Python. (Assume they are simple ones-nothing fancy)   View Answer

Had a better offer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions
    • *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
        Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

Some of the interviewers knew me from a previous job. Met several people for 30 minutes each. 3 week process from first interview to offer. I also know others at jpmc and got a positive view on the working culture.

Not overly tough.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

I had someone give me his direct number & email after seeing the posting online. The secretary shot me down. Had a brief phone interview from a nice lady, and then scheduled a meeting in Fidi the same week. He rescheduled for meeting at the midtown office last minute. This is the very end of May, so things were quick. He had me brought in. Basically, he liked my grit. It was a 15 minute conversation over coffee with little meaningful dialogue. I told him the truth when he asked why I applied to his job opening; that it was the only summer internship posted(this was end of May). He didn't know why he received 100+ apps in a week. He promised to call me back in a week and said that whoever he interviews will be included in the 2 yr Ops Development program later on. He never followed up. Never answered/replied to calls/emails.

He tried to label me an 'adrenaline junkie'.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me "Why Operations?" about 5 times. Have a good example for why you're a team player. What do you do for stress relief?   Answer Question

Compliance At I Chase Plaza Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

An agency firm called about this role. Stated it was contract to hire and gave job description. 48 hours later I learned it was JPMC and they wanted an interview in person.

Interview Questions
    • What would be an asset that makes you a unique candidate for this role?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

One on Campus Interview 1 hour,30 mins with each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • If you noticed an error in a deck 5 minutes before the presentation what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation with internships.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!