J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews in New York, NY

258 interviews

258 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

I participated in several one hour intense interviews. Each of the meetings were professional but challenging. The interview questions were straight forward and direct. No one asked any hard questions. Nothing to complain about. Disappointed that it did not work.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I want to work for such a behemoth organization   View Answer

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

One phone interview, and one in house interview, with three people or teams, about an hour each. Expect to be drilled on practical, computer science-related questions (the example below is more academic, but you would more likely be asked about specific scenarios and be expected to write grammatical code on the spot, like, "write me an SQL query that would... " type stuff)

Interview Questions
    • Come up with an algorithm that will find the median of a list of numbers in linear time. (Actually this is one of mine - they usually look surprised, at least the junior guys   View Answer
    I worked through a head-hunter, but the offers were not particularly generous. The first offer was exactly what I was making then, and they bumped it by 10k in the end. I have spent the past 3-4 years making significantly less than my coworkers because I didn't negotiate a higher starting salary. Be forewarned: they don't really give raises and bonuses are quite small or occasionally nonexistent.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I had 2 interviews that were 30 minutes each. Both were fit questions where I talked about myself. The interviewers were MDs in the firm and were really nice. They were funny during the interview. They never asked any unusual questions or questions that would cause me to fidget and squirm.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation as I was going an analyst program.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

I had someone give me his direct number & email after seeing the posting online. The secretary shot me down. Had a brief phone interview from a nice lady, and then scheduled a meeting in Fidi the same week. He rescheduled for meeting at the midtown office last minute. This is the very end of May, so things were quick. He had me brought in. Basically, he liked my grit. It was a 15 minute conversation over coffee with little meaningful dialogue. I told him the truth when he asked why I applied to his job opening; that it was the only summer internship posted(this was end of May). He didn't know why he received 100+ apps in a week. He promised to call me back in a week and said that whoever he interviews will be included in the 2 yr Ops Development program later on. He never followed up. Never answered/replied to calls/emails.

He tried to label me an 'adrenaline junkie'.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me "Why Operations?" about 5 times. Have a good example for why you're a team player. What do you do for stress relief?   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

Some of the interviewers knew me from a previous job. Met several people for 30 minutes each. 3 week process from first interview to offer. I also know others at jpmc and got a positive view on the working culture.

Not overly tough.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question
    They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Associate AML Risk Assessment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

1 interview consisting of Group Director and 2 VP's. 30 minutes was allocated to the group Director then 40 minutes with each of the leads. After that the offer came in about 24 hours after the interview process. Total onboarding process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Write a paragraph on Anti-Money Laundering methodology   Answer Question
    24 hours before the offer was submitted

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions
    • *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
        Answer Question

Project Manager In Risk Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Lots of posting are bogus. Government manadated that they hire risk people so they pretend they are looking and that they can't find the right people to avoid hiring them.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was scheduled to meet with 3 people. The third person started to badmouth the first one who was executive director. He was really nasty . He didn't even give me a chance to answer his question stating the intervuew was over   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!