J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.1

Treasury Services Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Super day: 3 30-minute long interviews, mainly behavioral based, about 20 students there interviewing for the position (not including ivy leagues), during off time interviewers were in a conference room with other students and head of HR

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Submitted resume at college career fair, got a phone call from their HR within a week for on-campus interview.

Two back-to-back interviews , 30 min each, one with vice president & technical lead, one with executive director. Very relaxed and laid-back interview, mostly behavioral with very easy technical question about data structure. Most questions they asked are very similar, some of them exactly the same as other posts on glassdoor, so make sure you do your homework.

Overall they like self-driven students with enthusiasm and friendly to work with different people. Students who has passion towards technology and interest of banking industry is a plus. Make sure you demonstrate these qualities and sincerely interested in this role.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to keep track of new technology ?
      What would you do to get to know your co-workers and get along with them?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      What is your favorite personality as your coworker? What you dislike the most? How would you handle that ?

Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

First round interview - 30 minutes interview with one Associate and 30 minutes with hiring manager. Second round interview - 30 minutes with hiring manager 's manager. 30 minutes with a VP. All through phone.Finally, senior recruiter called to ask a few more question within 30 minutes and discuss compensation and use this as a report summary to present to the hiring team.

Not yet happpen

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Online app, 1st round phone interview in december, and I also had a super day in the NYC headquarters. Freshman & sophomore program so it was competitive, but networking helped a lot. It's really about the fit - company is wiling to train you if they think you are a good fit for the company.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

I attended a half day event where there was speakers and a panel set up to help the candidates better understand the position and company. There were two 30 minute interviews back to back that were behavioral/situational. They asked: tell me about yourself, tell me about this on your resume, the share price, current events, work ethic, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about J.P. Morgan? What are our businesses?
      What is your work ethic like?

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

took about 5 days. Live chat interview, got called in the next day for branch interview and sat down for about an hour and a half with Branch manager and assistant branch manager

Interview Questions
    was not able to negotiate hourly wage

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

phone interview. Applied online then about two months later I got an email to set up a phone interview. They gave me 10 days to prepare it. Very straightforward on the phone. It has been over a week now yet have not heard back from them. The woman on the phone told me there will be onsite interview in Feb this month and they will keep me posted. I don't know if this is a positive sign or she just tells everyone this information. Felt redundant to ask when I should expect to hear from them after she told me this so I didn't ask. Now I wish I did!

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

I interviewed through my school. It took several weeks from the resume drop deadline to the interview. I did two back to back 30 minute interviews, and I heard back within a week.

The interviews were largely behavioral. One thing that was interesting is that JP Morgan brought an current analyst to chat with the interviewees in between the two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What are some products that our firm offers?   View Answer

Freshmen and Sophomore Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

As a freshman from a non-core undergrad b school, I made it to the second round interview for JP Morgan's Fresh/Soph IBD Summer Analyst Program in New York. For the first round, I was interviewed by an analyst and was asked the standard "Run me through your resume" question. Standard IB technical questions, "how would you build a DCF model?" Nothing out of the blue (no M&A/LBO questions). For the second round, I interviewed with an associate. For a nervous freshman, I thought I did quite well, but found out 4-5 weeks later that I didn't make it to the third round.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions: Easy or not depends on how well you know finance concepts   Answer Question

Kyc Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with two individuals. They asked me about how much I knew about KYC and what I could add to the team. Very friendly and approachable. I felt like it was more a conversation than an interview.

Not negotiable