J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the job online and about a month later I got a call from an individual within the department who asked a bit about my background and the call ended with her asking me to come in for the interview. I went in and interviewed with 2 people at the same time. The process was seamless and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I didn't hear back for over a month and I finally got the email letting me know that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any, they spoke and I listened. They asked about my previous experience and asked where I saw my career heading and what my goals were.   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I had two different interview rounds. The first one was mostly JAVA technical questions, software design patterns and some general behavioral questions. Basic concepts of OOP, pseudocode abstract class. The overall process wasn't that difficult. In the second interview, I was mostly describing my resume, leadership activities, what am I involved in apart from academics.

After 2 weeks of the second interview, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are abstract classes used when interfaces can provide the same benefit?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online on October 6th got a call back the same day about an hour after submitting application. I had an interview with the Assistant Branch manager. It went really well, she made me feel very comfortable. The interview was on a Friday, that following Wednesday I got a call back from the Assistant Branch manager to be interviewed with the District Manager and Sales Manager. Pretty much the same questions asked from my first interview, I guess they wanted to feel me out. They are all about building relationships with customers and want to see if you have a positive attitude and smile. The next day I was called with an offer from a recruiter. The whole process took a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to override company policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was satisfying.

Java/J2EE Developer -Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview and 1-ON-1 interview with 5 Tech Leads.

All questions were from Java/J2EE Job Interview Companion By K.Arulkumaran

Core Java, Multi Threading, Spring, Hibernate, Design Questions, Binary Tress, Concurrency, Memory Management.

Corporate Analyst Development Program - Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my college. Heard back within 2 weeks about interview offer. Interview consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute 1:1 interviews (one with an employee from HR and one with a VP). Took a long time to hear back from recruiting at JP Morgan (about 4 weeks before I received an email back).

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that does not appear on your resume.
      Where do you get your financial news and tell me about a recent article you read.
      What is risk? Give an example of risk. Talk about a current event involving risk.
      Tell me about a time when you were given a large data set.
      Tell me about a time when you/your ideas were shut down.
      Tell me about a time when you were faced with a problem and you came up with an innovative solution.
      What is your biggest accomplishment?
      What are two qualities your friends would use to describe you?
      What is your biggest weakness?

1 Answer

E-TRADING SUMMER ANALYST Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview by applying through campus career center website. There are two rounds of interviews. The first round is a behavioral based phone interview. The second round took place in Grand Hyatt in NYC. There were three interviews with different recruiters, and each one took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about probability theory and basic data structure in coding. Mostly they just walked through my resume and ask questions about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Was invited for a Superday after attending an informational event. Consisted of 2 "1/2 hour" interviews with 2 separate interviewers. 1 interview is resume review and "how did you handle a difficult situation, what are your other interest" questions. Other is more technical: "What are some of the regulations J.P. Morgan might face; What financial stories have caught your eye?". Will hear back "in a couple of weeks". Haven't received offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What are some regulations J.P. Morgan may face in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come in to the branch to interview with the branch manager who was actually very nice and the head of the sales team who by the way was very rude. He started texting and using his phone while I was answering his questions. He even started yawning in front of me, which got me really upset.

Global Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, which 1 was rescheduled several times. During one of the reschedules for the interview - the interviewer was a "no show" twice. Received an offer, but no follow up after a month of original offer. This process has been a roller coaster ride and as a result of the lack of communication, I am no longer interested in the role.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging tasks?   1 Answer

Vice President - Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone screens + onsite + follow up phone interview. Recruiter was very aggressive, not friendly, said offer was "take it or leave it." Offer was low and I was not happy with it so I declined. Group seemed good, but offer was not competitive.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or too difficult. Asked to describe previous projects.   Answer Question

Salary too low.