J.P. Morgan

3.1

285 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

S&T Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Very pleasant experience all-around. Applied online and through a source within the company. First round phone interview was very basic, behavioral (tell me about yourself, why JPM, etc). Received invitation for superday two days after. Superday was a bit more thorough, but nothing absurd - market sentiments, fit questions, with a few technicals. From beginning to end the recruiters were helpful, and the interviewers have kept in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of gas stations in the US   Answer Question
    • Let's play a game - I roll a die, and pay you in $ whatever number I roll (so if I roll a 5, I pay you 5$, if I roll a 2, I pay you 2$ etc). How much would you pay me to play this game?   View Answers (2)

Investir Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Applied through the On-campus recruiting process and got a first round interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and pretty standard however I was asked a couple of broad vaguely worded questions to gauge my understanding of financial markets. There was also one of those standard "How many baseballs can you fit in an airplane?" kind of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given what you know about financial markets, explain one of them (eg. equity market says the interviewer) to me assuming I am someone who does not have any information or a background in Finance   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Mostly behavioral questions. Be detailed and tie back your answer to why you are qualified for the position and why your response is relevant. I got a response a day later. Do your homework, know the company and the industry.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

One on campus interview--one or two fit questions followed by 3-4 brainteasers/probability questions. I was nervous and thought I wouldn't move on, but I did. Superday was 4 back-to-back one-on-one interviews (Executive Directors and Managing Directors). I only got fit questions that day, but I also come from a non-quantitative background and I think other interviewees got more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I roll a die. If I roll a 1, I give you $1. If I roll a 2, I give you $2, and so on. Make me a market on this game, and explain why.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Was referred by an employee to apply online. Fairly simple application form. Was invited to a phone interview which was not the typical HR generalist filter. It was with a junior associate, who focused almost exclusively on quantitative questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on dilution, valuation and financial accounting   Answer Question

FPGA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Was initially contacted by a headhunter who put me in touch with them. JPM then contacted me and asked if I could come into their New York office for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the specific question, but I do remember it was a bit much for the 30 minutes the manager gave me to answer it. Plus I freely admit that I don't do well engineering on paper. That doesn't mean I'm lousy - FPGA's don't exist on paper and I need access to tools (not to mention at least an hour or two to think about how to approach the problem!). I found another job with one of their competitors, after all.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe that this company is a better fit for you than your previous one?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. When the HR offers you their pitch, always, ALWAYS ask for more as they are prepared for this.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with some recruiters at a NABA National Convention, where I interviewed on the spot. The interviews with two MDs were pretty relaxed and didn't consist of any technical questions, just picked my brain to see where my interests lied. However, the position offered I was not too interested in so they returned with a new opportunity. This time I had two back to back phone interviews about 30min each where it was pretty conversation based. There was one algebraic question about the ball and bat.

Interview Questions
    • If you buy a bat and ball for a total of $2.50, but the bat costs a dollar more than the ball. How much did you pay for each?   View Answers (3)
    Was able to negotiate my location, didn't attempt to negotiate salary from the original offer.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview process was fairly simple and extremely organized

I was interviewed by two women in the tech department both who had been with the compay for 20+ years.

Questions mostly behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions
    • there weren't really unexpected questions if you want to work in Finance focusing on Tech you should know:

1. Present Day events
      2. SFDC

Answer Question

Private Bank Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The hiring and interview process was very well organized. I applied on their website (rather than University Career Site), and was reached back out to within a month or two. Afterwards, we set up an call - pretty behavioral, at which, 2 days later, I was notified that I moved on to the Super Day the following week. The Super Day consisted of a networking event with the current Private Banking Analysts and other candidates and then two rounds of 30 minute 2:1 interviews. Heard back in 4 days with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral - only questions specific to JPMorgan were the economy (where should JPM look) and why JPM.   Answer Question

I was working on a startup and it started to gain more traction that expected.