J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Sep 24, 2014

264 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied to numerous positions available in retail banking ( Personal and Relationship Banker). Successfully completed an online assessment required to be considered for these positions.Received an invitation and scheduled interviews at few branches ( three weeks time frame).
    The first interview was a major turn off, the branch manager presented herself as an item from a frozen food section, I felt like I was applying for a funeral director position.
    The second interview, the branch manager told me right after the interview that he wanted to interview me with the district manager that coming Friday. Never heard from him, after three weeks.Go figure.
    The third branch manager seemed amazing and extremely knowledgable, a person with whom you d wanna work your entire life. She said she d get back to me within three days. Never heard from her.

Received a job offer after a fifth interview.

It's sad that some BM lack professional ethics, it takes 60 seconds to write a feedback and telling you in the face that they ll call you this coming Friday is especially sad.

Interview Questions

Accepted offer from CITI bank. Great communication and level of professionalism during hiring process.

Summer Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Applied through school career website. I was contacted for an on-campus interview which consisted of two one-person 30-minute interviews. Three business days later I received an invitation to their Intern Super Day Interviews that was held the next week. The Super Day was about 4 hours and consisted of informational presentations, Q&As, panels, and ended with the interviews. The Super Day interviews were two one-person 30-minute interviews and a group case presentation. I received a job offer three business days later. The overall process from the first on-campus interview to the job offer letter was about 3 and a half weeks. Every interview was all behavior and fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you needed information about something you knew nothing about and had to get it from someone you did or did not know.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

The interview was both personal and technical. The questions focused on technical financial questions, and we were required to demonstrate basic financial competence. The interview was a panel of three employees of the firm. One was a managing director, one was an associate, and one was an analyst. They represented different industries.

Interview Questions
    • What animal is most representative of you and your personality?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview and invited to an branch interview a few day later. The actual interview took with two branch managers for about 30 mins and involved a number of behavior and scenario questions. Nothing is surprising and unexpected.

After initial interview, i was referred to another interview with district manager and had a nice conversation. She was a very friendly person and shared her experience and thoughts regarding this position and the organization. By the end of the interview, she told me the recruiter would contact me in a few days but that phone call never came!

To discover the result, I tried to speak with the recruiter who initially contacted me for the interview, but that person just NEVER REPLY EMAIL OR RETURN PHONE CALL. For such an established organization, it was quite UNPROFESSIONAL and IRRESPONSIBLE.

Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

I went through three interviews, including an initial phone interview, and then two in-person interviews. The atmosphere during the interviews was friendly, and we mainly discussed my experience and how it relates to the job, as well as the nature of the position for which I interviewed. My phone interview was with an HR rep and was very short. My in person interviews were with people who actually work in the department and would understand the nature of my experience and how it applies to the position. It was very nice to be interviewed by people in the department who asked questions pertaining to the job rather than some of the generic-yet-challenging (and difficult and irrelevant) questions HR personnel are so notorious for asking during interviews. Overall, the process was very nice and easygoing.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "what is your biggest weakness?" I know this is a common, if not universal, question, and people who ask it are probably tired of hearing "I'm a perfectionist" or "I'm a workaholic." It is hard to answer this question honestly without making yourself look bad. I suggest answering with something that is at worst slightly problematic and also explaining how you are aware of your shortcomings and constantly seek to improve them.

An additional difficult question they asked me is why do I want to work for JP Morgan when I am qualified for many other positions in my field.
        Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Winning Women Fall 2013 Experience--Applied through website, and the process took 3+ weeks. Two phone interviews followed by 3 1:1 on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • If JP Morgan were to merge with Wells Fargo, what are the risks and challenges?
      Why Investment Banking vs. Consulting?
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Don't recall, it was a long time ago but I do recall it was quick - maybe an hour long?

none, it was take it or leave it ....and this was before the market tanked.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Long Process due to background checks as well as making sure you have people skills. You will be asked multiple behavioral questions at the branch you are interviewing than if you are considered for the position you will meet immediately with another manager of a branch.

Interview Questions
    • To get a customer to open an account by standing on the street and encouraging people to come to the bank.   Answer Question

Private Banking - Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submitted application online. Was contacted by recruiter and set up an initial phone interview. This was mostly questions about why I wanted this position and more fit based. They asked for interesting articles i had recently read etc. Passed this stage and flew out to a superday two weeks later. Arrived thursday night, and had two 2 on 1 interviews on Friday morning. These were both fit and more technical (such as my thoughts on the European stock market etc.). Wasn't as prepared as I could have been, none of the questions were too unexpected or unreasonable.

Interview Questions
    • Have you looked at our Income Statement? What do you think are the highlights and what are areas that could be improved?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Applied through my school career center. Received an on-campus interview 2 weeks later. 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. Never got a response back from them. Spoke with them 2 months later and said I should have heard yes or no. Still nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Pressured me for a lot of information about the company.   Answer Question