J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – They get most hires through the internship process. However, be prepared for multiple rounds of interviews (including in person and on the phone, you will speak with people from varying locations) and be prepared to demonstrate past work to show accomplishments. Interviewers are generally very kind, but can be a little intimidating.

Interview Question – What is my value to the world?   Answer Question

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Senior Loan Processor
Columbus, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – Too many hoops to jump through...too many people involved in the hiring process. Dealing with hiring manager/recruiter about issues they had no business being involved in. The hiring manager/recruiter did not know much about the position being interviewed for.

Interview Question – The actual interview was very easy and the manager interviewing me was very pleasant. The interview itself was actually very laid back and not a lot of employment questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. They made an offer and I counteroffered and they declined.

Financial Services Advisor Interview

Financial Services Advisor
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – -Online Assessment; virtual modules, personality test and customer service
-Get Clearance Over the phone with HR to get an interview
-One to Two interviews; may be with one manager or two
-Easy questions; be honest and consistent

Interview Question – What do you value most in a career?
What are your weaknesses?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes you can negotiate pay. Typically you start at 12.99 (USD) with shift differentials depending on what you accept but pay will be based upon your experience and your ability to show your worth.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Westerville, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Interview Question – What I would do with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – .

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Question – What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Westerville, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I interested with a VP and 2 managers at a round table. Standard situational questions in which most began with, "tell me about a time..."

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you were given an assignment with an impossible deadline and how to you meet it.   Answer Question

Senior Statistical Associate, Assistant Vice President Interview

Senior Statistical Associate, Assistant Vice President
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – One phone interview followed by a on-site interview. The phone interview was from the hiring manager, and she is very nice. I was asked a few technical questions such as concepts in linear regressions and logistic regression. The on-site interview has 6 interviewers, including 4 vps from this group 1 vp from outside the group and the head of the group -- a senior VP. Not many techinical questions during the interview, but they did ask two questions very frequently: (i) Why Chase? (ii) Will you go back to school for a PHD degree?

Interview Question – There was one techinical question which was hard for me. I was asked to explain one of the following models without using any techinical words even "distribution". The models are (i) ARMA model (ii) MCMC (iii) PCA. I chose MCMC, but didn't do a very good job. I have to use those technical jargons to explain it.   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Intern Interview

Client Service Specialist Intern
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on their career website and received a phone call to do a first round interview in about 2-3 weeks. They give you a weeks to schedule an interview with them over the phone, then you have a first round interview/screen with them. Brief description of the positions, what they are looking for, and what to expect during the internship. Interview was pretty easy, some behavioral question and 1 technical question. They let you know whether or not you go on to the second rounds from there and want you to go to there main campus or location of the position for a second round with there hiring manager in about 2 weeks time frame from the first interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self.
A time you faced a challenge in writing a paper.
What are your intentions to gain from the internship
  Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of interviews. Moderate difficulty.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Chase/Financial services   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Customer Service Advisor
Westerville, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I received a call from a HR rep the day after I submitted my application online, and answered many straightforward questions to expand on my resume. I was contacted 4 days later by someone multiple states away (which confused me a bit) who wanted to conduct a behavioral interview with me. Later that same day, my recruiter called saying the managers wanted to schedule an interview with me, and emailed me the details. I was interviewed by 3 people, who appeared to be different department heads on the same floor. Thankfully I studied the sample questions off of the Chase website, because most of those were actually what was asked! Unfortunately, the next morning I received a rejection email, so this whole process was for nothing...

Interview Questions

• What did you do in a situation when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question
  • Have you ever been confronted with a situation where you didn't know what to do, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!