J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Ohio

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.9

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. On-campus interview requested around a few weeks later. I selected the earliest interview slot because I would rather be first or last in the interview lineup. It was 30 minute interview with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I received an email a few days later that decisions of moving on will be sent in a week. In a week, I received a notification that I was selected for their Super Day. Super Day was on a Friday from 1:30pm-3:30pm. Most of us got in at 1pm and were able to talk to current analysts. The interview was split into three 30 minute parts: two behavioral/technical interviews and a presentation about a project you completed in the past. The order is random, but I got a sit down talk, presentation, and another sit down. The sit down talks are both behavioral/technical. The presentation was me talking for 15 minutes and the other 15 for questions. Got an email 4 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had to, would you invest in future software or the current company system that works?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of polymorphism?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an array and a linked list?   Answer Question
    • What is normalization? When would you use denormalization?   Answer Question
    • What are the phases of software development?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting/career/job posting websites. I heard back from them in about 2 and a half months where they required me to apply through an application on their website. I was scheduled for an interview. There were two 30 minute back to back phone calls. The first one was okay (slightly below average), she really questioned how much I knew about the company. The second interview was more difficult. For one thing, the interviewer had a heavy accent and when you are talking on the phone, it distorted his voice which made it difficult to interpret. I still thought I did a pretty good job understanding what he was saying and what he was asking. Overall, I thought it was one of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I knew I was not going to be offered a position, which I was glad. I was not fond of the location of the position (Columbus, Ohio) and I thought some of the questions were either not relevant or unfair to the extent that there was clearly an expectation that I should know certain things, all though my major particularly does not have a focus on certain areas.

Interview Questions

• There is a baseball bat and a ball that costs a total of $2.50. The bat is $1.00 more than the ball. How much are each?   1 Answer
    • Where is the headquarters?   1 Answer
    • Who is the CEO? CFO?   1 Answer
    • What type of assets does JP Morgan Chase have?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH).

Interview

2 half hour interviews, one behavioral interview and one technical interview. Both were fairly laid back and the interviewers were friendly for the most part. Received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is a static variable?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online.Got an email the next day.I had already given an online test.Email asked to give an audio interview.The interview lasted about 30 minutes.The setup was easy and guide provided was very helpful.Following the email I heard from them later the same day

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the Winning Women Program (online application; it's like a superday) and had two back-to-back interviews. They were all standard behavioral and situational questions. As long as you know your resume and could elaborate each experience with a good example, you will be fine. The questions include: 1Tell me about JPMorgan in Technology. Why do you want to apply for this position. 2 Tell me about yourself. 3Tell me a time when you feel you are under-ultilized. 4Tell me a time when you faced a challenge (could not remember but a similar one) 5 Tell me a experience that you performed data analysis. 6 If two stakeholders cannot agree with each other, what would you do. 7 Innovative technology or fundamental functions.
    (For all who apply through the Wining Women Program, I hope this comment would help.)

Interview Questions

• I expected some technical questions, but there was none. So knowing your resume is much more important. The most difficult questions were: Tell me a time when you feel you are under-ultilized. and Tell me a experience that you performed data analysis., since I was unprepared for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school and received an email approximately two weeks later requesting a phone interview. I filled out my available times and was contact via the number I provided at the specified times.

I was given two back to back phone interviews, each 30 minutes long. Both of them were behavioral and very relaxed. One from NYC and one from Columbus, Ohio. I was able to ask a large variety of questions I had as well as answer theirs.

About a week later I received a phone call from the hiring manager congratulating me on my acceptance into the program. A few days alter I received my email notification and had 3 weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given a location, pay, benefits and contract.

Summer Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Met with them at Career Fair at my school, and heard back three or four days later. They put on a networking event the night before the interview to get a better understanding of the internship. The next day were the interviews. Two 30 minute, behavioral interviews nothing crazy. A week or two later I heard back from them and was invited to a super day in their Columbus office. During the super day they gave a presentation on what the internship would consist of, as well as a few panels with different members in the division. Then it was two more 30 minute, behavioral interviews, followed by a case interview.

Interview Questions

• Case, but even that was very tame as far as case interviews go.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westerville, OH).

Interview

I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westerville, OH).

Interview

I interested with a VP and 2 managers at a round table. Standard situational questions in which most began with, "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were given an assignment with an impossible deadline and how to you meet it.   Answer Question