J.P. Morgan

2.9

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with them at Career Fair at my school, and heard back three or four days later. They put on a networking event the night before the interview to get a better understanding of the internship. The next day were the interviews. Two 30 minute, behavioral interviews nothing crazy. A week or two later I heard back from them and was invited to a super day in their Columbus office. During the super day they gave a presentation on what the internship would consist of, as well as a few panels with different members in the division. Then it was two more 30 minute, behavioral interviews, followed by a case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case, but even that was very tame as far as case interviews go.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interested with a VP and 2 managers at a round table. Standard situational questions in which most began with, "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were given an assignment with an impossible deadline and how to you meet it.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 Rounds of interviews. Moderate difficulty.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I received a call from a HR rep the day after I submitted my application online, and answered many straightforward questions to expand on my resume. I was contacted 4 days later by someone multiple states away (which confused me a bit) who wanted to conduct a behavioral interview with me. Later that same day, my recruiter called saying the managers wanted to schedule an interview with me, and emailed me the details. I was interviewed by 3 people, who appeared to be different department heads on the same floor. Thankfully I studied the sample questions off of the Chase website, because most of those were actually what was asked! Unfortunately, the next morning I received a rejection email, so this whole process was for nothing...

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in a situation when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been confronted with a situation where you didn't know what to do, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Applied on their career website and received a phone call to do a first round interview in about 2-3 weeks. They give you a weeks to schedule an interview with them over the phone, then you have a first round interview/screen with them. Brief description of the positions, what they are looking for, and what to expect during the internship. Interview was pretty easy, some behavioral question and 1 technical question. They let you know whether or not you go on to the second rounds from there and want you to go to there main campus or location of the position for a second round with there hiring manager in about 2 weeks time frame from the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self.
      A time you faced a challenge in writing a paper.
      What are your intentions to gain from the internship
        Answer Question

Senior Statistical Associate, Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

One phone interview followed by a on-site interview. The phone interview was from the hiring manager, and she is very nice. I was asked a few technical questions such as concepts in linear regressions and logistic regression. The on-site interview has 6 interviewers, including 4 vps from this group 1 vp from outside the group and the head of the group -- a senior VP. Not many techinical questions during the interview, but they did ask two questions very frequently: (i) Why Chase? (ii) Will you go back to school for a PHD degree?

Interview Questions
    • There was one techinical question which was hard for me. I was asked to explain one of the following models without using any techinical words even "distribution". The models are (i) ARMA model (ii) MCMC (iii) PCA. I chose MCMC, but didn't do a very good job. I have to use those technical jargons to explain it.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Submitted my resume at the career fair. I got an email the same evening asking me to apply online and fill in my profile. Within a week I was scheduled for two 1 on 1 interviews. Got the offer about a week after the interview.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 interviews, one local, one district level

I did have to re-address my initial requirement, and it was accepted