J.P. Morgan

www.jpmorganchase.com

J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Operations Analyst Development Program
Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went to an on-campus recruiting presentation for the company in the beginning of November. I applied for the position the following day on the JPM Careers website; two days later I received a call from the recruiter about setting up a phone interview (he wanted to do it the following day, but I wasn't available until early the next week). Participated in the phone interview: it wasn't very hard, lots of questions can be found by reviewing the JPM Careers website so I was well prepared. Interview lasted 30 minutes, and two days later I received an email invitation for an Interview "SuperDay" at one of their offices.

The SuperDay was a half-day event consisting of an introductory time period with the HR staff and recruiter, two interviews with VP-level employees, a short break, and a group activity. My interviews happened to be back to back, and lasted exactly 30 minutes (we were stopped at the half-hour mark). The interviewers were very nice and personable, but you could tell they didn't do them all the time as they worked off a template of pre-provided questions. However, I got along well with both of them very well, and by the end of the interview we were having a completely off-topic discussion. The group activity at the end was for all the applicants (there were six of us total) to participate in a puzzle/trivia exercise in front of the interviewers, and the recruiter & HR reps. It was difficult, and meant to judge your problem-solving ability, as well as to see how you work with others in a team.

After the activity, we were ushered out of the building by one of the HR reps (she was really nice!), and told to expect an answer in about 10 days. My interview happened to be a week before Thanksgiving, which delayed my offer letter until about 2 weeks after the SuperDay (which was still a reasonable time).

Overall, it was a great experience and I'm excited to begin the position.

Interview Question – There wasn't a whole lot of technical questions (the hardest was concerning the risk environment of your LOB), most were "fit" questions to see if you would fit in with the JPM culture, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer letter didn't appear to have much room for negotiation, as it was either an accept or reject option. However, the total compensation package (salary, bonus, vacation, etc.) was VERY competitive for a recent grad.

The only aspect I would have liked to see negotiable is in regards to the line of business (LOB) that you're placed in. You don't get to choose :(

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Operations Analyst Development Program
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Found on university career website. Two back to back interviews each 30 minutes long with separate people.

Interview Question – Tell me how you see the company performing in the next 5 years.   View Answer

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!