J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Applied online and was contacted months later to schedule a phone interview. Had two back-to-back 30 minute phone interviews. They ask mostly character and leadership questions. No real technical questions were asked. Very relaxed and friendly interview. Overall it was a very easy interview. I was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do to keep up with current financial events?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with 2 different recruiters. Both asked me an array of questions based on both my academic and career record. Both recruiters did give a very vivid explanation of the types of questions that they were going to ask. After the interview was over they told me exactly what to expect in the future and how long it would take them to come to a decision.

Interview Questions
    • What is a current event going on right now that you think has a direct impact on financial markets?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

It was very easy and straight forward process. I had 2 phone interviews and then I was contacted within a week to see if i got an offer or not. I recommend knowing as much as you can about the company and being able to go in depth about your resume.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submitted application online. Received e-mail for interview a few weeks later. There were two back to back 30 minute phone interviews. First was behavioral and fairly easy. The second interview was more difficult with more scenario/technical based questions. They wanted to know what you could contribute to a given scenario.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

Submitted my resume through my college careerlinks, got an email to apply on their website then was emailed to choose to come in and interview. The interview was with two people in operations and it was very basic. They asked questions through a sheet that was provided to them by corporate. Questions like, why jp morgan, what is operations, tell me about yourself, who is your favorite leader and how are you like them? They were too busy writing my answers down to even pay attention to how i was saying them or trying to understand what i was saying. They were boring.

Interview Questions
    • Traders are sending in their information through excel and mailing them to operations, how can you make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

the process was insightful to the company. be prepared or else prepare to fail. they ask a lot of hard hitting questions. not for laid back people. they ask not only questions of how you will fit well with the company. but questions that apply to the job and extra if they want.

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview was a phone interview that took approximately 30 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Second and third interviews were on-site with two managers from different departments. Lastly, a group activity was performed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Very easy interview. 2 half-hour sessions. Interviewers were laid back as didn't make you feel like its the end of the world. Asked basic behavioral questions. Stressed leadership and management qualities, as well as ability to work in teams.

Interview Questions
    • Right now traders are record the trades they make by manually entering the data in excel and then mail it to operations department. How would you improve the process?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied online through my campus portal. Got a call to schedule a phone interview, call lasted 30 minutes, all behavioral and talking about last experience.

Went on site in November for two back to back interviews and a group activity.

I followed up about two weeks later because I had some other offers on the table and the recruiter seemed disinterested in anything I had to say. She said I'd hear back before thanksgiving. Never heard back.

Operations Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.