J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was initially contacted by a recruiter 2 days later. The recruiter scheduled two phone interviews back-to-back on the same day. Both phone interviews were a mixed bag of basic interview questions [including experience, walk through resume and why JP Morgan] and basic technical questions. The first phone interview lasted 30 minutes and the second phone interview lasted 15 minutes. Both were very relaxed. I received a call the following day to schedule in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through university career services. Had phone interview followed by an in person one. Easy process as a whole. Mainly all behavioral questions. No questions were overly challenging and you will be fine as long as you prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with 2 over the phone interviews back to back, each of them being 30 minutes, and each having a different interviewer. The first interview was more open and broad, asking about specific knowledge on JP Morgan, its operations, the parts of JP Morgan and the Chase side, and broad questions asking to describe myself. The second interview was more personal and geared towards the specific position, but still had many questions about my knowledge of JP Morgan. (study the website, and other materials for this) Make sure to rehearse how you are going to describe yourself.

Interview Questions

• Interview had the usual behavioral type questions; some questions about your knowledge with excel and current events, and also quite a few questions testing your knowledge of the company. Be prepared to breakdown the company, all parts, what they do, and know how to explain everything. Also, be prepared to answer questions about yourself. The questions they ask about you are very open, so have some things rehearsed. One of the things they asked me was to "describe myself" I explained my schooling, my interests, strengths, and my interest in JP Morgan specifically. Try looking up articles about how to answer these questions.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Interview

Application through company website. There was only one interview date which consisted of two 30 minute interviews. Both interviews were behavioural and about the experiences on your resume. After the interview I got a call next week letting me know I had an offer. The offer is non-negotiable but very good for an intern.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted months later to schedule a phone interview. Had two back-to-back 30 minute phone interviews. They ask mostly character and leadership questions. No real technical questions were asked. Very relaxed and friendly interview. Overall it was a very easy interview. I was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to keep up with current financial events?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Met with 2 different recruiters. Both asked me an array of questions based on both my academic and career record. Both recruiters did give a very vivid explanation of the types of questions that they were going to ask. After the interview was over they told me exactly what to expect in the future and how long it would take them to come to a decision.

Interview Questions

• What is a current event going on right now that you think has a direct impact on financial markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward process. I had 2 phone interviews and then I was contacted within a week to see if i got an offer or not. I recommend knowing as much as you can about the company and being able to go in depth about your resume.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received e-mail for interview a few weeks later. There were two back to back 30 minute phone interviews. First was behavioral and fairly easy. The second interview was more difficult with more scenario/technical based questions. They wanted to know what you could contribute to a given scenario.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my college careerlinks, got an email to apply on their website then was emailed to choose to come in and interview. The interview was with two people in operations and it was very basic. They asked questions through a sheet that was provided to them by corporate. Questions like, why jp morgan, what is operations, tell me about yourself, who is your favorite leader and how are you like them? They were too busy writing my answers down to even pay attention to how i was saying them or trying to understand what i was saying. They were boring.

Interview Questions

• Traders are sending in their information through excel and mailing them to operations, how can you make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

the process was insightful to the company. be prepared or else prepare to fail. they ask a lot of hard hitting questions. not for laid back people. they ask not only questions of how you will fit well with the company. but questions that apply to the job and extra if they want.