J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submitted application online. Received e-mail for interview a few weeks later. There were two back to back 30 minute phone interviews. First was behavioral and fairly easy. The second interview was more difficult with more scenario/technical based questions. They wanted to know what you could contribute to a given scenario.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

Submitted my resume through my college careerlinks, got an email to apply on their website then was emailed to choose to come in and interview. The interview was with two people in operations and it was very basic. They asked questions through a sheet that was provided to them by corporate. Questions like, why jp morgan, what is operations, tell me about yourself, who is your favorite leader and how are you like them? They were too busy writing my answers down to even pay attention to how i was saying them or trying to understand what i was saying. They were boring.

Interview Questions
    • Traders are sending in their information through excel and mailing them to operations, how can you make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview was a phone interview that took approximately 30 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Second and third interviews were on-site with two managers from different departments. Lastly, a group activity was performed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Very easy interview. 2 half-hour sessions. Interviewers were laid back as didn't make you feel like its the end of the world. Asked basic behavioral questions. Stressed leadership and management qualities, as well as ability to work in teams.

Interview Questions
    • Right now traders are record the trades they make by manually entering the data in excel and then mail it to operations department. How would you improve the process?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied online through my campus portal. Got a call to schedule a phone interview, call lasted 30 minutes, all behavioral and talking about last experience.

Went on site in November for two back to back interviews and a group activity.

I followed up about two weeks later because I had some other offers on the table and the recruiter seemed disinterested in anything I had to say. She said I'd hear back before thanksgiving. Never heard back.

Operations Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through my univeristy's online career portal at the beginning of September. Received an email to apply online about 2 weeks later. 3-4 days later received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with two VP's of operations. Received an offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • -Talk about a time where you where unsure of what the deliverable was.
      -There is an error in your presentation 10 minutes before you have to get in front of the board. What do you do?
      -Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project. What do you do?
      -What is operations?
      -What do you read to keep up with what is happening on Wall Street?

View Answer
    No negotiation for interns.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

My school is a target school for JP Morgan so they held numerous events all over campus. I submitted my application via school career service's website. I was notified of an interview.

Interview was one hour, two interviews back to back. First was with a VP, a lot more serious, but she was sweet. Second was with two analysts, very laid back. I really enjoyed how they conducted the interview (conversation style).

Interview Questions
    • "What sorts of services does JP Morgan offer?"   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

This interview was a OCR. Overall the process took just about 4 weeks to receive an offer. I only had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. However, one of the interviewers just talked about what he did and barely asked me any questions. Overall, the interview was not too challenging if you just prepare enough.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.