J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was recruited through campus recruiting. I applied for the position the same day that they came on campus. Received an email confirming a time for a phone interview about a week later. A couple hours after that, I scheduled a time for physical interviews at the end of the week. I had 2 30-min interviews with current employees who chose from a list of questions, most situational. About a two weeks later, after thank you emails and follow-ups (which were actually replied to), I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model and why? What characteristics do they possess that you see in yourself?   View Answer
  • What differentiates J.P. Morgan's products and services from other competitors in the industry?   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Laid back and no technical questions. two thirty minute on campus interviews. I interviewed for the internship program. Nice people work there and I recommend staying calm during the interview and relaxing. They liked seeing financial models that I created using MS Excel I hope this helps you other candidates. Good Luck to you!!

Interview Question – Name Three Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – organized and easy.. no technical questions

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details – Still incomplete, just had the phoe interview done, it was pretty basic.

Interview Question – Tell me about one time you were in charge of something and was successful   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4-5 people. Last person was HR rep, so if you meet that person, it should be a clear sign of interest in you.

Interview Question – What does your stock portfolio look like?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my school career center. Received an on-campus interview 2 weeks later. 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. Never got a response back from them. Spoke with them 2 months later and said I should have heard yes or no. Still nothing.

Interview Question – Pressured me for a lot of information about the company.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Tell them how you can solve problems. Know a bit about the market

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – two to three phone interviews, then two to three interviews in person. very basic questions, nothing technical, friendly, nothing intimidating.

Interview Question – none --- the difficult part was because they did not ask challenging questions, it was difficult to gauge the manager's competence.   View Answer

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Had two one-on-one interviews back to back. Selections were made after those two interviews.

Interview Question – Do you prefer to work with corporations or high net worth individuals?   View Answer

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – One round of interviews with 2 current employees. No technical questions. Just want to see that you are interested in the position, the company, and are eager to learn about operations and what its all about.

Interview Question – Really all your basic interview questions that you might get from any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.