J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview was a phone interview that took approximately 30 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Second and third interviews were on-site with two managers from different departments. Lastly, a group activity was performed.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Very easy interview. 2 half-hour sessions. Interviewers were laid back as didn't make you feel like its the end of the world. Asked basic behavioral questions. Stressed leadership and management qualities, as well as ability to work in teams.

Interview Questions
    • Right now traders are record the trades they make by manually entering the data in excel and then mail it to operations department. How would you improve the process?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied online through my campus portal. Got a call to schedule a phone interview, call lasted 30 minutes, all behavioral and talking about last experience.

Went on site in November for two back to back interviews and a group activity.

I followed up about two weeks later because I had some other offers on the table and the recruiter seemed disinterested in anything I had to say. She said I'd hear back before thanksgiving. Never heard back.

Operations Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through my univeristy's online career portal at the beginning of September. Received an email to apply online about 2 weeks later. 3-4 days later received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with two VP's of operations. Received an offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • -Talk about a time where you where unsure of what the deliverable was.
      -There is an error in your presentation 10 minutes before you have to get in front of the board. What do you do?
      -Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project. What do you do?
      -What is operations?
      -What do you read to keep up with what is happening on Wall Street?

View Answer
    No negotiation for interns.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

My school is a target school for JP Morgan so they held numerous events all over campus. I submitted my application via school career service's website. I was notified of an interview.

Interview was one hour, two interviews back to back. First was with a VP, a lot more serious, but she was sweet. Second was with two analysts, very laid back. I really enjoyed how they conducted the interview (conversation style).

Interview Questions
    • "What sorts of services does JP Morgan offer?"   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

This interview was a OCR. Overall the process took just about 4 weeks to receive an offer. I only had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. However, one of the interviewers just talked about what he did and barely asked me any questions. Overall, the interview was not too challenging if you just prepare enough.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions
    • *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs

Answer Question