J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014

3.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions
    • *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
        Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through on Campus recruiting event. Spoke with a recruiter briefly and was told i would receive a phone call. Received a phone call to have an on campus interview the next day. The on campus interview was just behavioral questions and background. The next round was call the "Super Day" and that was at the headquarters. The super day con sited of a tour and 4 30 minute 1:1 interviews and a team project.

Interview Questions
    • What is the fastest way to center all objects on a powerpoint?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1 interview for analyst position that was offered to me. Interviewed with executive director, mostly general questions to see if my personality would be a fit for the department. Also, questioned about my specific plans for my career and how I see the role being in line with my goals. You really need to show confidence and a plan rather than general goals.

JPM also likes to test to see how well you do on your feet because it is a very competitive environment. Wants to see willingness to learn and fight for your spot in the organization. Also, show that you have a strong curiosity and drive to perform the best you can at all times.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you you see yourself in five years and how does this role align with your goals?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

I had someone give me his direct number & email after seeing the posting online. The secretary shot me down. Had a brief phone interview from a nice lady, and then scheduled a meeting in Fidi the same week. He rescheduled for meeting at the midtown office last minute. This is the very end of May, so things were quick. He had me brought in. Basically, he liked my grit. It was a 15 minute conversation over coffee with little meaningful dialogue. I told him the truth when he asked why I applied to his job opening; that it was the only summer internship posted(this was end of May). He didn't know why he received 100+ apps in a week. He promised to call me back in a week and said that whoever he interviews will be included in the 2 yr Ops Development program later on. He never followed up. Never answered/replied to calls/emails.

He tried to label me an 'adrenaline junkie'.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me "Why Operations?" about 5 times. Have a good example for why you're a team player. What do you do for stress relief?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Laid back and no technical questions. two thirty minute on campus interviews. I interviewed for the internship program. Nice people work there and I recommend staying calm during the interview and relaxing. They liked seeing financial models that I created using MS Excel I hope this helps you other candidates. Good Luck to you!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through college career center. 2 on campus interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

organized and easy.. no technical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Was recruited through campus recruiting. I applied for the position the same day that they came on campus. Received an email confirming a time for a phone interview about a week later. A couple hours after that, I scheduled a time for physical interviews at the end of the week. I had 2 30-min interviews with current employees who chose from a list of questions, most situational. About a two weeks later, after thank you emails and follow-ups (which were actually replied to), I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your role model and why? What characteristics do they possess that you see in yourself?   View Answer
    • What differentiates J.P. Morgan's products and services from other competitors in the industry?   View Answer

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!