J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – They get most hires through the internship process. However, be prepared for multiple rounds of interviews (including in person and on the phone, you will speak with people from varying locations) and be prepared to demonstrate past work to show accomplishments. Interviewers are generally very kind, but can be a little intimidating.

Interview Question – What is my value to the world?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – *Submitted resume to career center at school
*Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
*Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
*Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
*1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Question – *Where do you get your news from
*How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
*Why operations
*What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
*Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
*How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
*Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
  Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Applied through on Campus recruiting event. Spoke with a recruiter briefly and was told i would receive a phone call. Received a phone call to have an on campus interview the next day. The on campus interview was just behavioral questions and background. The next round was call the "Super Day" and that was at the headquarters. The super day con sited of a tour and 4 30 minute 1:1 interviews and a team project.

Interview Question – What is the fastest way to center all objects on a powerpoint?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 1 interview for analyst position that was offered to me. Interviewed with executive director, mostly general questions to see if my personality would be a fit for the department. Also, questioned about my specific plans for my career and how I see the role being in line with my goals. You really need to show confidence and a plan rather than general goals.

JPM also likes to test to see how well you do on your feet because it is a very competitive environment. Wants to see willingness to learn and fight for your spot in the organization. Also, show that you have a strong curiosity and drive to perform the best you can at all times.

Interview Question – Where do you you see yourself in five years and how does this role align with your goals?   View Answer

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was recruited through campus recruiting. I applied for the position the same day that they came on campus. Received an email confirming a time for a phone interview about a week later. A couple hours after that, I scheduled a time for physical interviews at the end of the week. I had 2 30-min interviews with current employees who chose from a list of questions, most situational. About a two weeks later, after thank you emails and follow-ups (which were actually replied to), I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model and why? What characteristics do they possess that you see in yourself?   View Answer
  • What differentiates J.P. Morgan's products and services from other competitors in the industry?   View Answer

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Laid back and no technical questions. two thirty minute on campus interviews. I interviewed for the internship program. Nice people work there and I recommend staying calm during the interview and relaxing. They liked seeing financial models that I created using MS Excel I hope this helps you other candidates. Good Luck to you!!

Interview Question – Name Three Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – organized and easy.. no technical questions

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details – Still incomplete, just had the phoe interview done, it was pretty basic.

Interview Question – Tell me about one time you were in charge of something and was successful   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4-5 people. Last person was HR rep, so if you meet that person, it should be a clear sign of interest in you.

Interview Question – What does your stock portfolio look like?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my school career center. Received an on-campus interview 2 weeks later. 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. Never got a response back from them. Spoke with them 2 months later and said I should have heard yes or no. Still nothing.

Interview Question – Pressured me for a lot of information about the company.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.