J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my campus portal. Got a call to schedule a phone interview, call lasted 30 minutes, all behavioral and talking about last experience.

Went on site in November for two back to back interviews and a group activity.

I followed up about two weeks later because I had some other offers on the table and the recruiter seemed disinterested in anything I had to say. She said I'd hear back before thanksgiving. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my univeristy's online career portal at the beginning of September. Received an email to apply online about 2 weeks later. 3-4 days later received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with two VP's of operations. Received an offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• -Talk about a time where you where unsure of what the deliverable was.
      -There is an error in your presentation 10 minutes before you have to get in front of the board. What do you do?
      -Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project. What do you do?
      -What is operations?
      -What do you read to keep up with what is happening on Wall Street?

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Interview

My school is a target school for JP Morgan so they held numerous events all over campus. I submitted my application via school career service's website. I was notified of an interview.

Interview was one hour, two interviews back to back. First was with a VP, a lot more serious, but she was sweet. Second was with two analysts, very laid back. I really enjoyed how they conducted the interview (conversation style).

Interview Questions

• "What sorts of services does JP Morgan offer?"   1 Answer

Application

Interview

This interview was a OCR. Overall the process took just about 4 weeks to receive an offer. I only had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. However, one of the interviewers just talked about what he did and barely asked me any questions. Overall, the interview was not too challenging if you just prepare enough.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about one month. I applied through one of their diversity programs on the company's website. After submitting application was notified via email that I would interview at their office in NY. Their were two 30 minute interviews that were behavioral. However it was a full day event with speakers, panelists, and even a networking session.

Interview Questions

• They asked about excel skills. Asked questions like "tell me about a time you worked with a difficult individual" and "tell me about a time you were a leader." Most questions were scenario-based or about your past [experiences.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions

• *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs

Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied through on Campus recruiting event. Spoke with a recruiter briefly and was told i would receive a phone call. Received a phone call to have an on campus interview the next day. The on campus interview was just behavioral questions and background. The next round was call the "Super Day" and that was at the headquarters. The super day con sited of a tour and 4 30 minute 1:1 interviews and a team project.

Interview Questions

• What is the fastest way to center all objects on a powerpoint?   Answer Question