J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through my univeristy's online career portal at the beginning of September. Received an email to apply online about 2 weeks later. 3-4 days later received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with two VP's of operations. Received an offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
  • -Talk about a time where you where unsure of what the deliverable was.
    -There is an error in your presentation 10 minutes before you have to get in front of the board. What do you do?
    -Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project. What do you do?
    -What is operations?
    -What do you read to keep up with what is happening on Wall Street?

View Answer
No negotiation for interns.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

My school is a target school for JP Morgan so they held numerous events all over campus. I submitted my application via school career service's website. I was notified of an interview.

Interview was one hour, two interviews back to back. First was with a VP, a lot more serious, but she was sweet. Second was with two analysts, very laid back. I really enjoyed how they conducted the interview (conversation style).

Interview Questions
    • "What sorts of services does JP Morgan offer?"   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

This interview was a OCR. Overall the process took just about 4 weeks to receive an offer. I only had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. However, one of the interviewers just talked about what he did and barely asked me any questions. Overall, the interview was not too challenging if you just prepare enough.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

The whole process took about one month. I applied through one of their diversity programs on the company's website. After submitting application was notified via email that I would interview at their office in NY. Their were two 30 minute interviews that were behavioral. However it was a full day event with speakers, panelists, and even a networking session.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about excel skills. Asked questions like "tell me about a time you worked with a difficult individual" and "tell me about a time you were a leader." Most questions were scenario-based or about your past [experiences.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions
    • *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs

Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through on Campus recruiting event. Spoke with a recruiter briefly and was told i would receive a phone call. Received a phone call to have an on campus interview the next day. The on campus interview was just behavioral questions and background. The next round was call the "Super Day" and that was at the headquarters. The super day con sited of a tour and 4 30 minute 1:1 interviews and a team project.

Interview Questions
    • What is the fastest way to center all objects on a powerpoint?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1 interview for analyst position that was offered to me. Interviewed with executive director, mostly general questions to see if my personality would be a fit for the department. Also, questioned about my specific plans for my career and how I see the role being in line with my goals. You really need to show confidence and a plan rather than general goals.

JPM also likes to test to see how well you do on your feet because it is a very competitive environment. Wants to see willingness to learn and fight for your spot in the organization. Also, show that you have a strong curiosity and drive to perform the best you can at all times.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you you see yourself in five years and how does this role align with your goals?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

I had someone give me his direct number & email after seeing the posting online. The secretary shot me down. Had a brief phone interview from a nice lady, and then scheduled a meeting in Fidi the same week. He rescheduled for meeting at the midtown office last minute. This is the very end of May, so things were quick. He had me brought in. Basically, he liked my grit. It was a 15 minute conversation over coffee with little meaningful dialogue. I told him the truth when he asked why I applied to his job opening; that it was the only summer internship posted(this was end of May). He didn't know why he received 100+ apps in a week. He promised to call me back in a week and said that whoever he interviews will be included in the 2 yr Ops Development program later on. He never followed up. Never answered/replied to calls/emails.

He tried to label me an 'adrenaline junkie'.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me "Why Operations?" about 5 times. Have a good example for why you're a team player. What do you do for stress relief?   Answer Question