J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long and tedious but, worth it

Negotiation Details – no negotiation it was take it or leave it

Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – A group interview with two supervisors and a one on one interview with the manager

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Went through 3 interviews with different managers

Interview Question – Given different scenarios and asked how you would handle each one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Having just graduated I was excited to start a career and did not negotiate. When you get the offer letter/e-mail make sure to negotiate your starting salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lewisville, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview with a member of the management team from the department I would be placed in. My interview lasted over an hour but I was told that was longer than usual. They asked standard questions that you may encounter during any interview such as, What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What previous experience do you have that relates to this position? How experienced are you in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? Why would you be a good addition to Chase? What salary would you be satified with? etc.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good addition to Chase?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because I was referred by a current employee, I had an idea of what the salary range was and did my best to get a salary at the high end of that range. Considering I was interviewing for an entry level position, the salary range was quite low no matter what and there wasn't much room for negotiation.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. No major questions. Just " How would you help the company?" kind of questions.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work weekends and holidays?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took a long time to be hired approximately 3 months. Also the starting salary was 9.50 and hour. It took me 4 years to reach 11.08 because raises were by $0.25 a year.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

Interview Details – applied via website, a week later phone interview with HR. Two weeks later another HR phone interview to set up meeting iwth manager later that week. 3 weeks later interivew with managers boss.

meet the manager and the manager's manager at the starbucks located inside JPM building. Two hour interview iwth manager. described basic and indepth aspects of the job. Half hour interview with manager's manager and manager on the second meeting.

it always seemed to be 2 to 3 weeks between contact with company and myself. was told i was finalist and a decision would be made within a week to 10 days. 3 weeks later HR calls to try to close me. never heard back.

Interview Question – what can you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2008.

Interview Details – It was great. They asked relevant questions, were very professional and was very clear about the position.

Interview Question – They did not ask me what my career objectives were or expressed any interest in what I really wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Taguig (Philippines)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview Details – Walk in applicant
1st interview by Manager, regarding details in my resume such as work experience, job description, why i resigned, why i want to work in JPMorgan.
Ask question if what Salary i want when i get hired

Interview Question – She ask me what is loss mitigation and what do i know about JP Morgan   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did get an offer instantly and they offer me beyond my previous salary on my former job

Operations Specialist

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was applied for said position. The hiring supervisor contacted me to set up the interview. We had 1 interview and I was offered the position a few hours later.

Interview Question – Why are you asking me all these questions???   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview Details – I Have applied with one year exp. I had written test followed by HR round on first day. i was Called for interview 3 days later. This was operational round on video conference with operational Manager.

Questions were basically about previous work exp.

Interview Question – The questions were only about previous work exp. and job specific requirements
like shifts, support during weekends if required etc...
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – JPM Will Pay as per marker standards. get knowledge about market value for operational job, before negotiation.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!