J.P. Morgan Operations Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked me the most general questions, such as Excel skills and intern experience. You should be very familiar with your resume, even the smallest details because that is the only material they have on hand up to that time. They are very nice and good persons, and the talks are very friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview

A group interview with two supervisors and a one on one interview with the manager

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Went through 3 interviews with different managers

Interview Questions

• Given different scenarios and asked how you would handle each one   Answer Question

Negotiation

Having just graduated I was excited to start a career and did not negotiate. When you get the offer letter/e-mail make sure to negotiate your starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lewisville, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a member of the management team from the department I would be placed in. My interview lasted over an hour but I was told that was longer than usual. They asked standard questions that you may encounter during any interview such as, What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What previous experience do you have that relates to this position? How experienced are you in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? Why would you be a good addition to Chase? What salary would you be satified with? etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Because I was referred by a current employee, I had an idea of what the salary range was and did my best to get a salary at the high end of that range. Considering I was interviewing for an entry level position, the salary range was quite low no matter what and there wasn't much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Arlington, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Long and tedious but, worth it

Negotiation

no negotiation it was take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

applied via website, a week later phone interview with HR. Two weeks later another HR phone interview to set up meeting iwth manager later that week. 3 weeks later interivew with managers boss. meet the manager and the manager's manager at the starbucks located inside JPM building. Two hour interview iwth manager. described basic and indepth aspects of the job. Half hour interview with manager's manager and manager on the second meeting. it always seemed to be 2 to 3 weeks between contact with company and myself. was told i was finalist and a decision would be made within a week to 10 days. 3 weeks later HR calls to try to close me. never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview was easy. No major questions. Just " How would you help the company?" kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took a long time to be hired approximately 3 months. Also the starting salary was 9.50 and hour. It took me 4 years to reach 11.08 because raises were by $0.25 a year.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2008.

Interview

It was great. They asked relevant questions, were very professional and was very clear about the position.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me what my career objectives were or expressed any interest in what I really wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Geneva (Switzerland)) in July 2014.

Interview

you will be called for the first interview with your supervisor. if you pass, the next one will be with 3 other managers. You will need to repeat introducing yourself and impress all of them. you won't be hired unless all four managers have positive feedback about you. Be prepared that you know the company very well, such as business model, products, why it attracts you, what you can offer that other's can't, you career plan, you strength. you need to know also some financial products, demonstrate your pass contributions. Overall they are nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• They can ask you base one what you tell them so be 100% sure what you are talking about and be able to demonstrate complicated financial product in a very simple way.   Answer Question

I received another offer.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Taguig (Philippines)) in August 2010.

Interview

Walk in applicant 1st interview by Manager, regarding details in my resume such as work experience, job description, why i resigned, why i want to work in JPMorgan. Ask question if what Salary i want when i get hired

Interview Questions

• She ask me what is loss mitigation and what do i know about JP Morgan   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did get an offer instantly and they offer me beyond my previous salary on my former job