J.P. Morgan Operations Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2014

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

A group interview with two supervisors and a one on one interview with the manager

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Went through 3 interviews with different managers

Interview Questions
    • Given different scenarios and asked how you would handle each one   Answer Question
    Having just graduated I was excited to start a career and did not negotiate. When you get the offer letter/e-mail make sure to negotiate your starting salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

I had a one on one interview with a member of the management team from the department I would be placed in. My interview lasted over an hour but I was told that was longer than usual. They asked standard questions that you may encounter during any interview such as, What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What previous experience do you have that relates to this position? How experienced are you in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? Why would you be a good addition to Chase? What salary would you be satified with? etc.

Interview Questions
    Because I was referred by a current employee, I had an idea of what the salary range was and did my best to get a salary at the high end of that range. Considering I was interviewing for an entry level position, the salary range was quite low no matter what and there wasn't much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Long and tedious but, worth it

no negotiation it was take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

applied via website, a week later phone interview with HR. Two weeks later another HR phone interview to set up meeting iwth manager later that week. 3 weeks later interivew with managers boss.

meet the manager and the manager's manager at the starbucks located inside JPM building. Two hour interview iwth manager. described basic and indepth aspects of the job. Half hour interview with manager's manager and manager on the second meeting.

it always seemed to be 2 to 3 weeks between contact with company and myself. was told i was finalist and a decision would be made within a week to 10 days. 3 weeks later HR calls to try to close me. never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2008.

The interview was easy. No major questions. Just " How would you help the company?" kind of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work weekends and holidays?   View Answer
    It took a long time to be hired approximately 3 months. Also the starting salary was 9.50 and hour. It took me 4 years to reach 11.08 because raises were by $0.25 a year.

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2008.

It was great. They asked relevant questions, were very professional and was very clear about the position.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask me what my career objectives were or expressed any interest in what I really wanted.   Answer Question
    None

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taguig (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Walk in applicant
    1st interview by Manager, regarding details in my resume such as work experience, job description, why i resigned, why i want to work in JPMorgan.
    Ask question if what Salary i want when i get hired

Interview Questions
    • She ask me what is loss mitigation and what do i know about JP Morgan   View Answer
    I did get an offer instantly and they offer me beyond my previous salary on my former job

Operations Specialist Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

I was applied for said position. The hiring supervisor contacted me to set up the interview. We had 1 interview and I was offered the position a few hours later.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

I Have applied with one year exp. I had written test followed by HR round on first day. i was Called for interview 3 days later. This was operational round on video conference with operational Manager.

Questions were basically about previous work exp.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were only about previous work exp. and job specific requirements
      like shifts, support during weekends if required etc...
        Answer Question
    JPM Will Pay as per marker standards. get knowledge about market value for operational job, before negotiation.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!