J.P. Morgan Part Time Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.7

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Was invited for interview with branch manager who was very personable and easy to talk to, within 3 days I had a call back from the HR department with an offer and a projected start date. Takes some time to do all of the on boarding requirements (fingerprinting, background check, etc.) before you can officially start within company.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach those difficult situations that sometimes comes up in your work day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Merritt Island, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and I was called within 16 hours within completing the assessment and application. There was no phone interview, just scheduling for an in-person interview which was done 2 days later, on a Saturday. Come interview time, I had a good interview but was told that both the interview manager and recruiting manager were both on vacation, but the assistant manager still conducted the interview. I was told a certain date to follow up on if I did not hear anything because of this inconvenience, but then about 5 days later I received not just a rejection email, but it explained that nobody got the position because their "Business needs have changed". Overall, the experience went from positive to negative.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of when you successfully helped someone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lake Oswego, OR).

Interview

Very easy and quick. Interview lasted maybe half an hour or so. Basic interview questions (strengths/weaknesses, describe yourself) at the branch with the manager and assistant manager, and I got a phone call a few days later. Hiring process required a drug test and fingerprinting at a police station for the background check.

Interview Questions

• Have you had at least 6 months cash handling experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Marietta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was online and it was very easy. I felt that I was being valued as a candidate and that I could express myself without someone sitting across from me and and judging me.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was "How much cash handling experience do you have?"   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online after I did the online quiz. I got an email about doing a live interview. About two-three days later I got a call for a face to face interview on site. It lasted about 20 minutes. Interview was pleasant and wasn't uncomfortable. I received an offer of employment two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, 12 an hour

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview. They ask about your previous experiences and what you can bring to the company. They want great communication skills and the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner. They may ask about a time that you made a positive impact or a negative impact and you need to explain.

Interview Questions

• A time that a customer was not satisfied with your help and what you did to change that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tellers have a base pay of around $12 so there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really easy , it was straight to point questions and it wasnt intimadting . It didnt carry on for to long and then once it was over I got a call back within the week . The questions are also what you would expect once you sit down and hear them .

Interview Questions

• Do you have any cash handling or customer serivce experiece ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Completed an interview online. About four days later got a call from a recruiter. She did a brief interview. She sent it over to the branch manager. About three days later I got a call from the ABM for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer, tell me about yourself,   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First a hiring manager called me to schedule an interview after applying online. The first interview was with the branch assistant manager and it was a pretty standard interview. Most of the questions involved customer service situations. He spent most of the time talking about that position and what it entails. The second interview was with the district manager and the interview was brief and basically the same.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer in your prior job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $12 an hour and was non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online on October 6th got a call back the same day about an hour after submitting application. I had an interview with the Assistant Branch manager. It went really well, she made me feel very comfortable. The interview was on a Friday, that following Wednesday I got a call back from the Assistant Branch manager to be interviewed with the District Manager and Sales Manager. Pretty much the same questions asked from my first interview, I guess they wanted to feel me out. They are all about building relationships with customers and want to see if you have a positive attitude and smile. The next day I was called with an offer from a recruiter. The whole process took a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to override company policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was satisfying.