J.P. Morgan Part Time Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2014

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Filled out online application with attached cover letter along with resume. Got called in for an interview with ABM a few days later. After interview, i waited almost a month until they had called back to tell me that they had chosen to hire me. begin on boarding process.

Interview Questions
  • asked lots of situational questions mostly to see how i would do in a sales position, which essentially is what this job is. referrals   Answer Question
no negotiations, they offered 11/hr part time 20 hours.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Online test, then video interview. The online test was basically common sense, and personality test type questions, to make sure you aren't the kind of person that will have a meltdown if asked to make change or deal with a cranky customer. The video interview was basically to save everyone time.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember. It's a bit unnerving, though I can understand the need for the video interview.   Answer Question
    You need to put an option for...something like, just interviewed, haven't had time for offer...pending, something like that.

Part Time Teller Interview

Great people and great managers

PART- TIME TELLER Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First you have to go through one interview with the brnach manager then after that you have to do an interview with a regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you broke a policy to do something   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

After the application, you do a test online (about 30 minutes) consisting of basic math questions. After a week I got a call from the manager of the location I applied to for an interview. After the interview, a week later I got a call from an HR representative offering me the job and letting me know the pay. I accepted, and received a on-boarding packed in the mail two days later. There is some work to do online, and you need to get an drug test as well. After all that is complete, the branch manager contacted me with my schedule. The first few days were online training sessions, then shadowing, then a week of classroom training (they pick the location, and will refund your transportation expenses to get there). After you pass the classroom session, you start on your own.

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate, the pay they offered me was fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Several days after I applied I received a phone call and scheduled for an interview with an assistant manager and another manager. I was asked questions about my work experience (cash handling and customer service) and what I would do in particular situations- eg dealing with an angry customer. My interview was brief, 15 minutes. Make sure to ask plenty of questions. Dress professionally (a suit). I was told HR would be in contact on a specific date, no response, received standard rejection letter three days after said date.

Interview Questions
    • How much cash have you handled in a shift?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2008.

When I was hired it was thru WaMu's hiring processes so I am not sure how that has changed but at the time you applied online upon which if you met their qualifications the HR dept called you and did a quick interview/review of your resume. At which point they would then forward your resume to the banks that were looking for a candidate, the branch manager would call you and arrange the appt and you would interview with the manager and asst manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance where you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • You are working with a co-worker whom you have known for some time who you catch stealing from the company. How would you handle this situation.   Answer Question
    After the interview the manager would contact you with there decision within a certain time and let you know what their offer was. I set my pay higher than I was hoping for and was pleased to get it, so never hurts to ask!

Teller (Part-Time) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online, took an assessment test, and after passing got a call for interview. I interviewed at 3 different locations and the process was the same for all of them. I'm not sure why, but after asking around, I found out I skipped a step. I got calls from the assistant managers to set up interviews. After a successful interview, a recruiter called to give me the offer, my hourly rate, and directions on how to proceed with the accepted offer.
    Normally, the recruiter is suppose to do a brief phone interview and then pass certain applicants to the assistant manager.

I had to pass background check and a drug test. They called my previous employers to verify my length of employment.

One of three interviews was very unprofessional. Asked a lot of non-work related questions, such as where I was raised???????
    The other two interviewers has a list of questions and just went down the list.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer or situation?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!