J.P. Morgan Part Time Teller Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online after I did the online quiz. I got an email about doing a live interview. About two-three days later I got a call for a face to face interview on site. It lasted about 20 minutes. Interview was pleasant and wasn't uncomfortable. I received an offer of employment two days later.

No negotiation, 12 an hour

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online and got called in for an interview. They ask about your previous experiences and what you can bring to the company. They want great communication skills and the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner. They may ask about a time that you made a positive impact or a negative impact and you need to explain.

Interview Questions
    • A time that a customer was not satisfied with your help and what you did to change that.   Answer Question
    Tellers have a base pay of around $12 so there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Completed an interview online. About four days later got a call from a recruiter. She did a brief interview. She sent it over to the branch manager. About three days later I got a call from the ABM for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a difficult customer, tell me about yourself,   Answer Question
    None

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First a hiring manager called me to schedule an interview after applying online. The first interview was with the branch assistant manager and it was a pretty standard interview. Most of the questions involved customer service situations. He spent most of the time talking about that position and what it entails. The second interview was with the district manager and the interview was brief and basically the same.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a difficult customer in your prior job?   Answer Question
    They offered me $12 an hour and was non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied online on October 6th got a call back the same day about an hour after submitting application. I had an interview with the Assistant Branch manager. It went really well, she made me feel very comfortable. The interview was on a Friday, that following Wednesday I got a call back from the Assistant Branch manager to be interviewed with the District Manager and Sales Manager. Pretty much the same questions asked from my first interview, I guess they wanted to feel me out. They are all about building relationships with customers and want to see if you have a positive attitude and smile. The next day I was called with an offer from a recruiter. The whole process took a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to override company policy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, offer was satisfying.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Filled out online application with attached cover letter along with resume. Got called in for an interview with ABM a few days later. After interview, i waited almost a month until they had called back to tell me that they had chosen to hire me. begin on boarding process.

Interview Questions
    • asked lots of situational questions mostly to see how i would do in a sales position, which essentially is what this job is. referrals   Answer Question
    no negotiations, they offered 11/hr part time 20 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Online test, then video interview. The online test was basically common sense, and personality test type questions, to make sure you aren't the kind of person that will have a meltdown if asked to make change or deal with a cranky customer. The video interview was basically to save everyone time.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember. It's a bit unnerving, though I can understand the need for the video interview.   Answer Question
    You need to put an option for...something like, just interviewed, haven't had time for offer...pending, something like that.

Part Time Teller Interview

Great people and great managers

PART- TIME TELLER Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First you have to go through one interview with the brnach manager then after that you have to do an interview with a regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you broke a policy to do something   View Answer

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Several days after I applied I received a phone call and scheduled for an interview with an assistant manager and another manager. I was asked questions about my work experience (cash handling and customer service) and what I would do in particular situations- eg dealing with an angry customer. My interview was brief, 15 minutes. Make sure to ask plenty of questions. Dress professionally (a suit). I was told HR would be in contact on a specific date, no response, received standard rejection letter three days after said date.

Interview Questions
    • How much cash have you handled in a shift?   View Answer