J.P. Morgan

2.9

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

INitally apply online and take a skills/personality (work based) assesment. Once applied, received an e-mail to contact HR to give them my contact information to scheduel an interview. Took almost 2 weeks to get a return call, but then schedueled a phone interview for the next morning. Took about 15 min. and then the manager gave me info on the pay range, benefits, and training and was told that I would be contacted by a specific branch for a 2nd interview. I was declined any further interviews so I do not know beyond this point aside from there are 2 additional interviews, with the branch manager and one additional manager.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about our copany based on your research?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

I applied online, passed a math test and received an email 3 days later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and was a screening just to see if I would be a good fit for the company. There were a couple of situational questions that I answered with ease. Next I had an interview with the branch manager of the location I was supposed to work at. The interview was very relaxed, just letting me know what the position entailed and also a review of my previous sales experience. I was asked to role play with the business banker on how I would open an account. He really emphasized passing the series 6, 63 and life and health exams because those are the exams needed to pass before you can even start working at the branch.

Finally I was interviewed by the district manager, it was less of an interview and more of a formal conversation, again stressing how important passing the exams were. Finally I was called the next day with the job offer. Chase pays for your exams and you have 6 weeks to pass all three. (3 weeks for the 6, 2 weeks for the 63 and a week for the life insurance).

I ended up passing on the first try and started working in the branch.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, offer is based on experience and it is between 28-32k, I had a degree and 4 years sales experience so I got offered 31k, this is base, commission and bonuses are involved in the overall salary as well.