J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with the Branch Manager and a Branch Manager from an alternate location. SAR questions, with some questions about background.

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate the salary since it was at the top of what I was expecting for this position.

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Very easy process

Interview Question – Describe what a good customer services looks like?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Interview Details – Online assessment, background check, 10 years employment history. Phone interview. Interview with branch manager. Interview with District Manager.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen. It was simple, though. You just basically tell them that "this pen" is unlike any other pen. It writes smooth, doesn't smear, will always perform for you, which is important when dealing with major clients.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them what I made at previous bank. That I wanted an increase and a guarantee that they would put me in licensing program.

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I took a test to be a teller, but after meeting with a branch manager, she wanted me to be a personal banker. Met with Branch Managers at two locations who made me study a chart and then regurgitate the information back to them, and then with the regional manager. He didn't ask me any questions at all, simply "which branch do you want to work at?"

Interview Question – None. It was super easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They call you and give you a salary. You say yes. Done deal.

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview and invited to an branch interview a few day later. The actual interview took with two branch managers for about 30 mins and involved a number of behavior and scenario questions. Nothing is surprising and unexpected.

After initial interview, i was referred to another interview with district manager and had a nice conversation. She was a very friendly person and shared her experience and thoughts regarding this position and the organization. By the end of the interview, she told me the recruiter would contact me in a few days but that phone call never came!

To discover the result, I tried to speak with the recruiter who initially contacted me for the interview, but that person just NEVER REPLY EMAIL OR RETURN PHONE CALL. For such an established organization, it was quite UNPROFESSIONAL and IRRESPONSIBLE.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Mostly phone interviews with one interview with the branch manager in person

Interview Question – What would be a challenge in the role   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Personal Banker I

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – They look for well appearance. Professional suit dress code. Well spoken and great t communicating. You get interviewed first by the branch manager, then the district manager, and a phone interview by the market manager. They ask specific questions in customer service and will test you by asking how will you respond to a customer in certain situations. Remember- customer is always right and we are here to help them.

Interview Question – I can't remember this part because my interview was 4 years ago. Based on coworkers the hardest questions are on sales, for examples how will you describe a pen to a customer for the customer to end up wanting that pen versus every other pen available.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They call and let you know over the phone the amount in salary that you will get paid and if you accept the offer. There was no negotiation in the amount. Either accept or decline.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!