J.P. Morgan Personal Banker II Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker II Interview

online application and assessment, person to person interview with Branch Manager and District Manager, background check, and you're hired! After being hired, there is quite a bit of training that you go to (this stays constant through employment)

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Personal Banker II Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

very smooth process, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how commited and preperaed you are, but they do it in a very easy going maner, very professional

very smooth

Personal Banker II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

You must apply online and there is a short assessment which is not too hard. I went through 3 interviews. Two of them were with branch managers and the third was with the district manager. After that you wait for a formal offer and your background to come back.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions asked were about personal experiences regarding situations.   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

I had to do an online application and complete personal banker test (behavioral questions and math test). After that I received a phone call from the recruiter and was invited for an interview. After 2 weeks received another phone call for the second interview. 3 days later recruiter called me with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

The manager was late to the interview. It was a couple hours long. They asked a lot of questions about customer service and why you want to work for chase. It took a very long time to get this interview(6 mos). you have to pass a test online and interview over the phone with a recruiter and then wait to be called.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving current job. Not that this is difficult, but they wouldn't accept that I needed a change in my career.   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Role Play, Why Chase. Interview with 6 managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

phone interview with recruiter, than another phone interview with branch manager and a personal phone interview with the district manager as I did not live close by. Once I was in the area, had a final in-person interview with the district manager before being offered the job

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions on how to sell certain banking products/how to go about talking to a customer   Answer Question
    Was told by recruiter the base pay and commission but got offered $4,000 more after final interview

Personal Banker II Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

was very easy because i have already worked for the company.The computer hiring system was great because it kept you up to date on how the process is going

Interview Questions
    • i had more of a discussion than interview with my hiring manager   Answer Question
    35000 non neg

Personal Banker II Interview

Its normally a two step interview process. You will meet with the Branch Manager First and if he or she approves you will then interview with the district manager. The interview questions normally come from a question bank and they pick and chose which questions to ask you. Some managers will ask you to sell a pen to them. Wearing a suit is a must. Everyone is always real friendly and outgoing. You must portray that you are a good team member because most branches consist of 10 to 15 employees total. So there is no room for an outcast. Also, this position is seen as a ground level position in order to advance to a Mortgage Loan officer, Business Banker or Financial Advisor (investment Banker). It will help to have a good Idea as to where you would like to make your next move within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you were faced with a difficult task at work. How did you handle it.   Answer Question
    You are Able to negotiate but they will never give you what you ask for. Most of the time they meet you half way.

Personal Banker II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The interview is all role play. Just play along and you'll do fine. Do not act nervous!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, everyone gets paid the same base salary and they you make money through commissions, but they is all depending on if your at a busy branch of not. They will talk you into accepting if its slow, FYI.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!