J.P. Morgan Personal Banker II Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lafayette, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

Extremely thorough background and credit check will be performed. Expect 2-3 interviews before landing the job; this will most likely include a video interview. The video interview will consist of generic customer service questions and you will record a response to each one. The in person interviews are pretty standard behavioral questions along with some role play.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Personal Banker II Interview

Interview

online application and assessment, person to person interview with Branch Manager and District Manager, background check, and you're hired! After being hired, there is quite a bit of training that you go to (this stays constant through employment)

Personal Banker II Interview

Interview

I had to do an online application and complete personal banker test (behavioral questions and math test). After that I received a phone call from the recruiter and was invited for an interview. After 2 weeks received another phone call for the second interview. 3 days later recruiter called me with a job offer.

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Role Play, Why Chase. Interview with 6 managers

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

was very easy because i have already worked for the company.The computer hiring system was great because it kept you up to date on how the process is going

Interview Questions

• i had more of a discussion than interview with my hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

35000 non neg

Personal Banker II Interview

Interview

Its normally a two step interview process. You will meet with the Branch Manager First and if he or she approves you will then interview with the district manager. The interview questions normally come from a question bank and they pick and chose which questions to ask you. Some managers will ask you to sell a pen to them. Wearing a suit is a must. Everyone is always real friendly and outgoing. You must portray that you are a good team member because most branches consist of 10 to 15 employees total. So there is no room for an outcast. Also, this position is seen as a ground level position in order to advance to a Mortgage Loan officer, Business Banker or Financial Advisor (investment Banker). It will help to have a good Idea as to where you would like to make your next move within the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you were faced with a difficult task at work. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are Able to negotiate but they will never give you what you ask for. Most of the time they meet you half way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bloomingdale, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The manager was late to the interview. It was a couple hours long. They asked a lot of questions about customer service and why you want to work for chase. It took a very long time to get this interview(6 mos). you have to pass a test online and interview over the phone with a recruiter and then wait to be called.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving current job. Not that this is difficult, but they wouldn't accept that I needed a change in my career.   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The interview is all role play. Just play along and you'll do fine. Do not act nervous!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everyone gets paid the same base salary and they you make money through commissions, but they is all depending on if your at a busy branch of not. They will talk you into accepting if its slow, FYI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Flagstaff, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter, than another phone interview with branch manager and a personal phone interview with the district manager as I did not live close by. Once I was in the area, had a final in-person interview with the district manager before being offered the job

Interview Questions

• Situational questions on how to sell certain banking products/how to go about talking to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told by recruiter the base pay and commission but got offered $4,000 more after final interview

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview

You must apply online and there is a short assessment which is not too hard. I went through 3 interviews. Two of them were with branch managers and the third was with the district manager. After that you wait for a formal offer and your background to come back.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions asked were about personal experiences regarding situations.   Answer Question