J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker II Interview

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Role Play, Why Chase. Interview with 6 managers

Interview Question – Short term goals and Long term goal   Answer Question

Flagstaff, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview with recruiter, than another phone interview with branch manager and a personal phone interview with the district manager as I did not live close by. Once I was in the area, had a final in-person interview with the district manager before being offered the job

Interview Question – Situational questions on how to sell certain banking products/how to go about talking to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told by recruiter the base pay and commission but got offered $4,000 more after final interview

Personal Banker II Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – was very easy because i have already worked for the company.The computer hiring system was great because it kept you up to date on how the process is going

Interview Question – i had more of a discussion than interview with my hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 35000 non neg

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Its normally a two step interview process. You will meet with the Branch Manager First and if he or she approves you will then interview with the district manager. The interview questions normally come from a question bank and they pick and chose which questions to ask you. Some managers will ask you to sell a pen to them. Wearing a suit is a must. Everyone is always real friendly and outgoing. You must portray that you are a good team member because most branches consist of 10 to 15 employees total. So there is no room for an outcast. Also, this position is seen as a ground level position in order to advance to a Mortgage Loan officer, Business Banker or Financial Advisor (investment Banker). It will help to have a good Idea as to where you would like to make your next move within the company.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you were faced with a difficult task at work. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are Able to negotiate but they will never give you what you ask for. Most of the time they meet you half way.

Personal Banker II Interview

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – The interview is all role play. Just play along and you'll do fine. Do not act nervous!

Interview Question – Flaws about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everyone gets paid the same base salary and they you make money through commissions, but they is all depending on if your at a busy branch of not. They will talk you into accepting if its slow, FYI.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview Details – After phone interview, was called for an in branch interview which was with the District Manager. He advised to visit another branch on the same day for an interview within his area. Interviewed then with the branch manager and was told would hear back from him. Later received a phone call three days later for an invitation to a career event where i would be interviewed by multiple District Managers and Branch Managers. Attended and interviewed with two District Managers. Then was told to visit a branch for another interview the following day. Then went on that interview, and about four days after that received the job offer.

Interview Question – The most unexpected was "sell me this pen" Literally on the spot "sell me this pen" It was more to see my approach and delivery of a product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiationg. It was more like a "take it or leave it" situation.

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview Details – Typical interview process, phone one on one and with dm.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online at chase.com/careers. I applied for 5 positions for different branch. I was sent a email rejecting me for 4 of them, and 1 saying to email a recruiter and set up a phone interview. I spoke with her, and then she passed my information on to the district manager. The distract manager called and set up an interview time for me. I interviewed with her, later that day she called and offered me a position.
It is an interview, so no it isn't easy, but everyone I spoke with was very nice, friendly, and professional. Dress Nice for the interview because you will dress nice at Chase, and relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offered a job at a completely different branch than any of those first 5 I applied for. It was a branch that still had not opened yet. I accepted, and the rest was history. However, after speaking with other current employees, I could have told her that branch would not work for me, and just waited for a better branch to open. Chase recognizes talent, and maybe they don't hire you right away, but they will call back once they have something else they can offer you.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call from a recruiter several days later, she scheduled an interview with the branch manager, several days later I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an interview with the district manager. After the interview with the district manager the recruiter called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Chase does not negotiate banker salaries.

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interveiw was very easy for me because I was just transferring branches. Typically, the interview is much more indepth starting with a phone interview, then a 1 on 1, then a panel interview; all supplemented with a background check. However, being I was a Chase employee already, it was more to determine how I would fit in the branch.

Interview Question – Name a time you disagreed with management and how you responded.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Personal Banker II interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.