J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
148 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Long process. 3 interviews( 2 with manager, 1 with district manager)

Interview Question – What value do you bring to the company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Flushing, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Question – what is a great customer experience   View Answer

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – application online. Questionnaire online.
Got a recruiter called 3 weeks later, invited to come over Chase Plaza in NY for an interview with recruiter and a computer test; passed the test, waited 1 week, 2 interviews with 2 different Branch Managers, last interview with Regional Mgr. Job offered.

Interview Question – Why should I give the job to you and to the other candidates?   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Must take an assessment test to apply. You'll be contacted by a recruiter to schedule an phone interview, pass the phone interview and get an interview with District Manager.

Interview Question – Roll play. Customer "I want to make a payment." Customer doesn't have their checking with Chase.   Answer Question

Kenmore, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 1-2 Phone Interviews
1 In-Person interview
Both the phone and in-person (1:1) interviews were low-pressure, natural and conversational tone. All my interviews were conducted by the branch manager. The in-person interview was done at the branch, which made it comfortable, and not intimidating. The questions were not overly difficult nor stressful, but rather conversational. The only drawback was that health benefits regarding family leave were not initially explained too clearly. But that was addressed and handled during the hiring process.

Interview Question – What have you done in your past to exceed a customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation offer was a firm offer from the employer, not negotiated

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Quick and simple, planed out and straight to the point.

Interview Question – If I was interested in going to a different branch other then the one I put an application in for   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They just laid the offer out and waited for me to say yes or no.

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Online application followed by a phone screening and a 1:1 interview with district manager.

Interview Question – Sell me an object in this room.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Personal Banker

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a manager and went through an informal interview with the branch manager, then a formal interview with the regional manager. It was pretty standard questioning. When I was hired they were focusing almost exclusively on customer-service

Interview Question – How much would you like to make this year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said salary was $30k without much wiggle room. I knew other people who work there who started at $32k, but they all had a college degree, and I did not. I didn't try to negotiate any more.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was tiring. I had 6 interviews in a month in various areas of San Diego. Everyone asked me the same questions, as it seemed Chase has a standard form for that. They often have a District Manager and a Branch Manager interview you who are not even hiring. You basically get passed around and recommened until someone who is actually hiring, hires you. The culture was sterile and not warm at all.

Interview Question – How did you assist an angry customer without telling them "No"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Chase has a standard salary they present everyone.

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, got the phone HR. Next day interview with branch manager. Then one week later another interview with district manager and then final interview with market manager. Almost after three-four weeks later got the job offer.

Interview Question – Why do you wang to work for JPMorgan Chase Bank?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!