J.P. Morgan

2.9

149 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nassau, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nassau, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

I did an online application and assestment. 2 days later, I was telephoned and interviewed by HR. 10 minutes later, she called back and set me up with an interview at one of the branches. I did not get the job.
1 1/2 weeks later, she called and set up an interview at the main branch with both nassau county district managers. The next week, she called and sent me out to interview at another local branch. After being told that I would have to work every Saturday, and 2 nights during the week, I told the mgr. that it would conflict with my priority as a mother of young children, and I would be very willing to do alternating Saturdays, or even 2-3 Saturdays back to back, but cannot commit to Saturdays as my regular day. He told me that all the branches are different, and he'd like to see me get into a branch as soon as possible. After thanking and saying goodbye, I expected a call back from HR. 1 week passed, no call. I called HR and asked if I were still being considered for the position. I was told that because I was sent out to 2 branches and not hired, I was eliminated from the position. She told me she sent out email to me, which I never did get. When I explained that on my first interview with the other branch, I was told that their schedule involves rotating Saturdays, and I know that working Saturdays was an issue at the last interview, she insisted that I'd have to be available each and every Saturday that I am asked to work, even if it means working each Saturday. She told me that the last branch mgr I interviewed with told her I "was not a good fit" for his branch. I was shocked, since he had told me he'd like to see me get into one of the other branches asap. When telling her of this, she told me that I am still in the database, and that this was a good thing, because now I can apply to any job posting in there. Uhhh....okay, maybe I'll apply to the position of bank CEO. Gee, I wonder if HR needs any help in their dept? Anyway, this was the worst interviewing experience of my life. It was torture getting through the interviews in the first place, since it was apparent that they just want to hear what you know you are supposed to say. Kiss all the butt you can, and then maybe they'll let you in. I just got another offer 4 1/2 blocks from my house, with a more personal bank, and the mgr there is a woman, who totally related to what my life was like as a working mother of young kids. So, thank God Chase didn't hire me since I ended up with a better opportunity. The overall process of interviewing for the banker role took 30 days to the day. But as far as Chase, you'd better be ready to be on call!

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland Park, NJ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Like talking to a stone wall. These are disturbed people. The questions asked had really no bearing on banking. It was more like interviewing for a used car sales position. Other workers told me to stay away. The whole process was so time consuming that it was just not worth it. The people are very unfriendly. Everyone treats you like a criminal.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your sales experiences.   View Answer
    • How would you handle a negative response to your sales proposal.   View Answer

Offered very low pay with non specific incentives. Very vague about chance for advancement. Other employees made derogatory comments about being employed by this company. I also had previous experiences banking at chase and did not like what I saw. I felt very uncomfortable with the whole process. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

I had to interview with a recruiter over the phone one day after I applied online. She asked me very general questions that can be found in previous postings here. Then she gave me an appointment to meet with a branch manger who did not hire me for her branch but forwarded me on to the district manger for a third interview in which i was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If you were so successful at your previous job why do you want coming here ?   View Answers (2)
    nothing

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

1. Applied online, take an assessment that probes your accounting/mathematic and sales ability.
    2. Get a call, phone interview, then scheduled an interview with the branch manager where I was applying.
    3. Interview with branch manager, easy. Just keep a positive attitude. Be prepared to prove yourself with a sales role play.
    4.Got a call to schedule an interview with the district manager.
    5. Interivew with the district manager, hard interview. Their facial expression will remain neutral. You cannot read them. They will see through you, even the strongest chain has a weak point, they'll identify it in 1 minute and drill you. The point is to make you uncomfortable. Be quick on the draw, never lose your personality. Come off as strong, confident, and knowledgeable. PREPARE. This is a SALES interview. Go online, search google/youtube "How to prepare for a sales interview." There are some youtube videos of "How to hire the right salesperson" , study them.
    6. Was told I would here back the following week, if you made it you get a phone call, if you don't you get rejection email.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU JOB SEEKERS!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this position?   View Answer
    • Who else have you applied with? Where else have you been looking?   View Answer
    • What do you say to a customer who wants something but says my budget is only "$X"???   View Answer
    • Give an example of how you helped drive sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

After phone interview was sent to the Main branch to interview with 2 people from mgmt team from Chase.
    Was escorted up to the top floor. The interview process was so unprofessional, I could hardly believe these 2 people worked for Chase. They were joking amonst themselves during the whole process.
    I said to myself I do not want to work for these 2 guys they were arrongant. Questions were arrogant and unprofessiona. When I answered them they joked about it between them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Called by a recruiter for phone interview. Interviewed by the DM and another BM then switched rooms and interviewed by 2 other BM's (later found out the two women BM's were both needing to fill positions). Interviewing with 4 people in one night was a little unexpected. It was very sales focused and I had to practice their "pull from the lobby" scheme and then had to sell them hand sanitizer. Alot of questions about why they should hire me, what have I done in sales, how would approach a situation then gave me one, went through my resume basically point by point and asked for details about each thing on it.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell them the bottle of sanitizer on the desk.   View Answer
    Salary was set and non-negotiable. The standard in Indiana is 32,000 and I dont believe there is any give unless maybe you are already licensed you could try but I doubt they budge!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Two part interview process. Met with the branch manager for the first interview and then was called a few days later for a secondary interview with the district manager. Can be single part with only the branch manager, varies.

Once hired on had to do a criminal background check via fingerprinting with another company and then a drug test with a 3rd party as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I handled difficult customers.   View Answer
    After the second interview, I received a call with what my yearly base salary would be before tax and additional commission, probably could have negotiated it but didn't. Negotiated start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Toke more then 2 months, very complex with many interviews.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2008.

I first applied online and had to take a math test with questions similar to those on the S.A.T. mostly involving percentages and logic along with a personality test that seemed to be evaluating propensity towards sales, people and communication skills, and integrity. The math portion is not timed and I found it simple and straight forward. You must pass these test to be allowed to apply for the Personal Banker position and I have been told those who do not pass are stopped during the test and are unable to continue and may not re-apply for 6 months. I was then called by a recruiter who conducted a short phone interview with questions like "What was my greatest sales accomplishment? Describe a scenario where I exceeded a customers expectations and how do I meet sales goals?" She then informed me I would be contacted by a Branch Manager to set up a in person interview with that manager and the District Manager. During that interview the two managers took turns asking me a scripted set of questions regarding my previous experience, a detailed breakdown of my sales technique, role playing with myself as the banker and the manager as a new customer, and going into the lobby greeting a customer as they entered then walking the customer to the Personal Banker while they observed how I interacted with customers. At the conclusion of the interview they asked if I had any questions and I asked the Branch Manager about his experience working for Chase and when I should expect an answer regarding the position. They informed me they still had two other candidates to interview the following day so I should hear back by the following Wednesday (the interview was on a Thursday). The day following the interview at about 1pm the recruiter called me with the job offer and I accepted. Following that was a drug test, fingerprinting, and a background check including contacting all previous employers from my application, requesting school records, a criminal background check, and pulling my credit report and the job offer was contingent on passing all of these.

Interview Questions
    • The detailed breakdown of my sales technique starting from customer greeting through customer profile question ending with product recommendation and closing sale.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

The process began with a brief 10-20 minute phone interview with a recruiter, where your typical questions are asked that pertain to the Personal Banker position. After the phone interview, if it has gone well, the recruiter will contact you with an interview with the district manager. The interview, in my case, included both the district manager and the branch manager (for whom I eventually will work for). The interview is very lengthy (1-2 hours), the longer it goes, the better. It consists of your typical questions, role playing, and the greeting of customers as they walk into the branch (Be prepared to smile and greet people- Very intimidating if you do not expect it). A day later, I received a call from the recruiter with an offer! I accepted. Hope this helps anyone, because it sure did help me, doing my part, and hopefully someone will benefit from this.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product to a customer walking into the branch?   Answer Question
    • What is it that you learned from your previous employers that will help you in this position?   Answer Question
    Since I am a recent college graduate, I did not negotiate. There is very little room for negotiation. They offer a pretty good base salary, and incentives.