J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.9

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Long process. 3 interviews( 2 with manager, 1 with district manager)

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

application online. Questionnaire online.
    Got a recruiter called 3 weeks later, invited to come over Chase Plaza in NY for an interview with recruiter and a computer test; passed the test, waited 1 week, 2 interviews with 2 different Branch Managers, last interview with Regional Mgr. Job offered.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I give the job to you and to the other candidates?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Must take an assessment test to apply. You'll be contacted by a recruiter to schedule an phone interview, pass the phone interview and get an interview with District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Roll play. Customer "I want to make a payment." Customer doesn't have their checking with Chase.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenmore, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenmore, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1-2 Phone Interviews
    1 In-Person interview
    Both the phone and in-person (1:1) interviews were low-pressure, natural and conversational tone. All my interviews were conducted by the branch manager. The in-person interview was done at the branch, which made it comfortable, and not intimidating. The questions were not overly difficult nor stressful, but rather conversational. The only drawback was that health benefits regarding family leave were not initially explained too clearly. But that was addressed and handled during the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your past to exceed a customer's expectations?   Answer Question
    The compensation offer was a firm offer from the employer, not negotiated

Personal Banker Interview

Quick and simple, planed out and straight to the point.

Interview Questions
    • If I was interested in going to a different branch other then the one I put an application in for   View Answer
    They just laid the offer out and waited for me to say yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Online application followed by a phone screening and a 1:1 interview with district manager.

there was no negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I was recruited by a manager and went through an informal interview with the branch manager, then a formal interview with the regional manager. It was pretty standard questioning. When I was hired they were focusing almost exclusively on customer-service

Interview Questions
    • How much would you like to make this year?   View Answer
    They said salary was $30k without much wiggle room. I knew other people who work there who started at $32k, but they all had a college degree, and I did not. I didn't try to negotiate any more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

The interview process was tiring. I had 6 interviews in a month in various areas of San Diego. Everyone asked me the same questions, as it seemed Chase has a standard form for that. They often have a District Manager and a Branch Manager interview you who are not even hiring. You basically get passed around and recommened until someone who is actually hiring, hires you. The culture was sterile and not warm at all.

Interview Questions
    • How did you assist an angry customer without telling them "No"?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Chase has a standard salary they present everyone.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submitted application online, got the phone HR. Next day interview with branch manager. Then one week later another interview with district manager and then final interview with market manager. Almost after three-four weeks later got the job offer.