J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

3 interviews total- first a phone interview, then an in person at the college campus, and the final was a multistep process. We met everyone we were interviewing with (around 15) and introduced ourselves and what we knew that was interesting about the company- then we interviewed with the district manager (1:1), then we had a luncheon with corporate members.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what makes us special, and how to sell something we cannot live without   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, basic questions about previous employment, then required an online assessment test. If you pass the test, you are then scheduled an interview with branch manager, if successful, another interview with a District Manager is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, "tell me about a time..", "sell me this pen.."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is little to no negotiation unless you have previous banking experience. Personal Bankers are paid a base salary + commission. Personal bankers are required to farm the local community, personal referrals, and repeat customer for checking/savings accounts, bringing over balances from other banking institutions, car/home/student loans, and required to introduce Financial Advisors to push Chase Wealth Management.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview

was taking about 3 months and after so much effort the behavior of the manager was totally a bad surprise! So much rigidity stubbornness and at the end retaliation!

Interview Questions

• was easy for me but on other people opinion the test was pretty challenging, The interview was ok kind of too long but after the interview the manager I thought was nice showed a total and different face and demeanor! Also the overall atmosphere at that branch: Very hostile, cold, unfriendly and unprofessional!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not at all There was no negotiation. I was advised to not mention the salary w the manager and the area manager during the interview,

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Long process. 3 interviews( 2 with manager, 1 with district manager)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Flushing, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Questions

• what is a great customer experience   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

application online. Questionnaire online.
    Got a recruiter called 3 weeks later, invited to come over Chase Plaza in NY for an interview with recruiter and a computer test; passed the test, waited 1 week, 2 interviews with 2 different Branch Managers, last interview with Regional Mgr. Job offered.

Interview Questions

• Why should I give the job to you and to the other candidates?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Must take an assessment test to apply. You'll be contacted by a recruiter to schedule an phone interview, pass the phone interview and get an interview with District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Roll play. Customer "I want to make a payment." Customer doesn't have their checking with Chase.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenmore, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Kenmore, WA).

Interview

1-2 Phone Interviews
    1 In-Person interview
    Both the phone and in-person (1:1) interviews were low-pressure, natural and conversational tone. All my interviews were conducted by the branch manager. The in-person interview was done at the branch, which made it comfortable, and not intimidating. The questions were not overly difficult nor stressful, but rather conversational. The only drawback was that health benefits regarding family leave were not initially explained too clearly. But that was addressed and handled during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your past to exceed a customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation offer was a firm offer from the employer, not negotiated

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Quick and simple, planed out and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in going to a different branch other then the one I put an application in for   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just laid the offer out and waited for me to say yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone screening and a 1:1 interview with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Sell me an object in this room.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation