J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
148 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – tough interview process, but they are really just looking for a minion to boss around.

Interview Question – tell us about a time you performed a procedure incorrectly. How did you handle the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – flat rate

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very straightforward interview process. Questions were all STAR based. 3 interviews total, one with HR phone screen, than District Manager, and than Branch Manager. If you have Life ins lic and FINRA licenses it is a huge plus.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was too low.

Interview Details – Simple Sales questions. Why do u wanna work for chase

Interview Question – why should we hire you l   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had only one interview. Some people had up to 3 interviews for the same position (phone with recruiter, in person with branch manager, in person with district manager). I only met the district manager.

They asked pretty basic questions about my work experience and college. They also wanted me to roleplay a couple of times as if I was a banker, mainly to see how I would interact with a customer and what my basic sales skills were.

Interview Question – They wanted to roleplay calling a customer to schedule a phone interview. Honestly, it was pretty easy, but I hadn't prepared for it specifically.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. They simply hire too many people and have way too many applicants. You might have more success if you're coming with banking experience; I had none.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – phone interview then interviewed with branch manager then interviewed with district manager

Interview Question – all very simple questions   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within a week.

Interview Question – No hard questions. The were pretty generic.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Applied online. Took an open book math test. Interviewed with two managers less than a week later. Received an offer from the recruiter within a week of the interview.

Interview Question – "Explain great service."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place. Their base salary alone was almost what I was making at Wells Fargo

Staten Island, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview Details – tell them about yourself, experience, ALOT OF SCENARIOS
what would you do to please customers and make great customer service

Interview Question – what would you do to please customers and make great customer service   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview Details – I knew a friend that already worked for Chase so he got my resume in front of his boss. I received a call from the manager and flew up to Chicago the next week. The normal process was somewhat expedited seeing as I was referred by an employee. I sat down with the manager for about fifteen minutes which was a very painless process, and he asked me why I wanted the job and how I could help out the company.

Interview Question – Why will you be successful at this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, set salary.

Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was an extensive interview process, which I found a good one. I was recommended to work by an existing manager (which has no pull) so I went online, filled out a profile, took an aptitude test, and applied for a specific job in a specific city. I was contacted within a week by a very friendly and easy to talk to recruiter. She was very busy and told me to anticipate a longer wait than usual. I was invited to interview with a branch manager and she loved me. All the questions seemed normal except for the one about the PVC's (points towards commissions) she said it was expected that a banker make between 500-1000 pvc's and if I didn't reach that what would I expect her to do... Ok so I knew already to expect high pressure sales. After that I was invited in for another interview with the regional manager, she was so busy. She was on her cell phone during half the interview not looking me in the eye for a good portion, complaining that someone got her coffee instead of hot chocolate. So I figured her to be a diva and as any good salesman could do adjusted my approach and catered to her "diva" style. Needless to say I got an offer letter a week later and came in for an orientation where I was fingerprinted and then asked to go take a drug test. I would not be able to start work until both were complete. The background check took 4-5 days and the drug test was required to be taken before then. I did like that they did not require me to go within 24 hours for the drug test. I was also working at another job and had very little extra time. So I was able to go on a day off and take an urine test.

Interview Question – What would you expect of me if you do not hit your numbers? What would you expect of me if you continuously do not hit your numbers.   View Answer