J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward interview process. Questions were all STAR based. 3 interviews total, one with HR phone screen, than District Manager, and than Branch Manager. If you have Life ins lic and FINRA licenses it is a huge plus.

Offer was too low.

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Applied online. Took an open book math test. Interviewed with two managers less than a week later. Received an offer from the recruiter within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation took place. Their base salary alone was almost what I was making at Wells Fargo

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Flushing, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Questions

• what is a great customer experience   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Toke more then 2 months, very complex with many interviews.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

There were essentially 3 interviews.
    1. an informal social/dinner with all of the candidates
    2. a formal one-on-one/two-on-one interview with the campus reps.
    3. a one-on-one interview with the branch manager at Chase Tower in Chicago
    Pretty much be ready to give a sales pitch on any regular household/office item.
    It's a sales job, no matter which way you slice it.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you couldn't live with out, then sell it to me.
      Sell me this pen.
      Sell me this cell phone.

Answer Question

I received a better offer from another company

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the two managers. They were very nice and enjoyable to speak with.
    Questions were: why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.

Interview Questions

• why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had only one interview. Some people had up to 3 interviews for the same position (phone with recruiter, in person with branch manager, in person with district manager). I only met the district manager.

They asked pretty basic questions about my work experience and college. They also wanted me to roleplay a couple of times as if I was a banker, mainly to see how I would interact with a customer and what my basic sales skills were.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to roleplay calling a customer to schedule a phone interview. Honestly, it was pretty easy, but I hadn't prepared for it specifically.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. They simply hire too many people and have way too many applicants. You might have more success if you're coming with banking experience; I had none.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Luis Obispo, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

All applications must be submitted online. These applications and attachments are sent to a recruiter who filters through the candidates. A branch manager who is the hiring employee for branches will interview candidates. From online submission to interview is about a 1 1/2 - 2 week process. Interviews usually consistent of 1-2 people (branch manager, maybe a district or assistant branch manager). If hired, there are steps that must be completed and communication made with a hiring team before you step foot into the branch. From the time of interview to the first day of work takes about 1-2 weeks depending on how fast you complete the paperwork/fingerprints/drug test.

Interview Questions

• Customer service skills is huge! The customer is Chase's main priority.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called and offered me the position. The salary was offered in terms of hourly rate and annual pay.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Philadelphia, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later received a call from the branch manager where the position was being offered. I had a 1:1 interview with her including basic questions. About a week and a half later, I received a call to schedule a second interview with the district manager. After a few days, I had my second interview. Again, very basic questions, including reviewing my resume. It took almost two weeks before I heard from the recruiting rep. offering me the position. Overall, Chase is a good company. However, it felt like the interview process took much longer compared to other companies.