J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.9

149 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online and received a call within a week.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Very straightforward interview process. Questions were all STAR based. 3 interviews total, one with HR phone screen, than District Manager, and than Branch Manager. If you have Life ins lic and FINRA licenses it is a huge plus.

Offer was too low.

Personal Banker Interview

Applied online. Took an open book math test. Interviewed with two managers less than a week later. Received an offer from the recruiter within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place. Their base salary alone was almost what I was making at Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Toke more then 2 months, very complex with many interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

There were essentially 3 interviews.
    1. an informal social/dinner with all of the candidates
    2. a formal one-on-one/two-on-one interview with the campus reps.
    3. a one-on-one interview with the branch manager at Chase Tower in Chicago
    Pretty much be ready to give a sales pitch on any regular household/office item.
    It's a sales job, no matter which way you slice it.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you couldn't live with out, then sell it to me.
      Sell me this pen.
      Sell me this cell phone.

Answer Question

I received a better offer from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interviewed with the two managers. They were very nice and enjoyable to speak with.
    Questions were: why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.

Interview Questions
    • why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

I had only one interview. Some people had up to 3 interviews for the same position (phone with recruiter, in person with branch manager, in person with district manager). I only met the district manager.

They asked pretty basic questions about my work experience and college. They also wanted me to roleplay a couple of times as if I was a banker, mainly to see how I would interact with a customer and what my basic sales skills were.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to roleplay calling a customer to schedule a phone interview. Honestly, it was pretty easy, but I hadn't prepared for it specifically.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate. They simply hire too many people and have way too many applicants. You might have more success if you're coming with banking experience; I had none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

All applications must be submitted online. These applications and attachments are sent to a recruiter who filters through the candidates. A branch manager who is the hiring employee for branches will interview candidates. From online submission to interview is about a 1 1/2 - 2 week process. Interviews usually consistent of 1-2 people (branch manager, maybe a district or assistant branch manager). If hired, there are steps that must be completed and communication made with a hiring team before you step foot into the branch. From the time of interview to the first day of work takes about 1-2 weeks depending on how fast you complete the paperwork/fingerprints/drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Customer service skills is huge! The customer is Chase's main priority.   Answer Question
    The recruiter called and offered me the position. The salary was offered in terms of hourly rate and annual pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

I applied online and a few days later received a call from the branch manager where the position was being offered. I had a 1:1 interview with her including basic questions. About a week and a half later, I received a call to schedule a second interview with the district manager. After a few days, I had my second interview. Again, very basic questions, including reviewing my resume. It took almost two weeks before I heard from the recruiting rep. offering me the position. Overall, Chase is a good company. However, it felt like the interview process took much longer compared to other companies.