J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions & Reviews

148 interviews

2.9

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

tough interview process, but they are really just looking for a minion to boss around.

Interview Questions
  • tell us about a time you performed a procedure incorrectly. How did you handle the outcome?   Answer Question
flat rate

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Simple Sales questions. Why do u wanna work for chase

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Very straightforward interview process. Questions were all STAR based. 3 interviews total, one with HR phone screen, than District Manager, and than Branch Manager. If you have Life ins lic and FINRA licenses it is a huge plus.

Offer was too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

I had only one interview. Some people had up to 3 interviews for the same position (phone with recruiter, in person with branch manager, in person with district manager). I only met the district manager.

They asked pretty basic questions about my work experience and college. They also wanted me to roleplay a couple of times as if I was a banker, mainly to see how I would interact with a customer and what my basic sales skills were.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to roleplay calling a customer to schedule a phone interview. Honestly, it was pretty easy, but I hadn't prepared for it specifically.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate. They simply hire too many people and have way too many applicants. You might have more success if you're coming with banking experience; I had none.

Personal Banker Interview

phone interview then interviewed with branch manager then interviewed with district manager

Personal Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online and received a call within a week.

Personal Banker Interview

Applied online. Took an open book math test. Interviewed with two managers less than a week later. Received an offer from the recruiter within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place. Their base salary alone was almost what I was making at Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

tell them about yourself, experience, ALOT OF SCENARIOS
    what would you do to please customers and make great customer service

Interview Questions
    • what would you do to please customers and make great customer service   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

I knew a friend that already worked for Chase so he got my resume in front of his boss. I received a call from the manager and flew up to Chicago the next week. The normal process was somewhat expedited seeing as I was referred by an employee. I sat down with the manager for about fifteen minutes which was a very painless process, and he asked me why I wanted the job and how I could help out the company.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, set salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

It was an extensive interview process, which I found a good one. I was recommended to work by an existing manager (which has no pull) so I went online, filled out a profile, took an aptitude test, and applied for a specific job in a specific city. I was contacted within a week by a very friendly and easy to talk to recruiter. She was very busy and told me to anticipate a longer wait than usual. I was invited to interview with a branch manager and she loved me. All the questions seemed normal except for the one about the PVC's (points towards commissions) she said it was expected that a banker make between 500-1000 pvc's and if I didn't reach that what would I expect her to do... Ok so I knew already to expect high pressure sales. After that I was invited in for another interview with the regional manager, she was so busy. She was on her cell phone during half the interview not looking me in the eye for a good portion, complaining that someone got her coffee instead of hot chocolate. So I figured her to be a diva and as any good salesman could do adjusted my approach and catered to her "diva" style. Needless to say I got an offer letter a week later and came in for an orientation where I was fingerprinted and then asked to go take a drug test. I would not be able to start work until both were complete. The background check took 4-5 days and the drug test was required to be taken before then. I did like that they did not require me to go within 24 hours for the drug test. I was also working at another job and had very little extra time. So I was able to go on a day off and take an urine test.

Interview Questions
    • What would you expect of me if you do not hit your numbers? What would you expect of me if you continuously do not hit your numbers.   View Answer