J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
148 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nassau, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – You take a test online, if you pass they call you up for an interview. There you're put into a room with the other candidates and wait while two different managers come around and interview you separately. Then you meet with the hiring director and she either tells you that you'll hear from them in a few days, that you interviewed well and they'd like to bring you back for another round with different branches, or that they want you to start as a teller to get experience with the products they offer.

Interview Question – Sell me (whatever it is you have experience in).   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offered a teller job.

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – Two part interview process. Met with the branch manager for the first interview and then was called a few days later for a secondary interview with the district manager. Can be single part with only the branch manager, varies.

Once hired on had to do a criminal background check via fingerprinting with another company and then a drug test with a 3rd party as well.

Interview Question – Asked how I handled difficult customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After the second interview, I received a call with what my yearly base salary would be before tax and additional commission, probably could have negotiated it but didn't. Negotiated start date.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – There were essentially 3 interviews.
1. an informal social/dinner with all of the candidates
2. a formal one-on-one/two-on-one interview with the campus reps.
3. a one-on-one interview with the branch manager at Chase Tower in Chicago
Pretty much be ready to give a sales pitch on any regular household/office item.
It's a sales job, no matter which way you slice it.

Interview Question – What is one thing you couldn't live with out, then sell it to me.
Sell me this pen.
Sell me this cell phone.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better offer from another company

Personal Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with manager was low pressure and easy conversational tone. A couple of "tell me about a time when you" behavioral questions but overall easy to answer. It took some time to get the interview and there was a substantial amount of on-line work to do and testing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult supervisor or manager   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Toke more then 2 months, very complex with many interviews.

Interview Question – Sales play   Answer Question

San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details – All applications must be submitted online. These applications and attachments are sent to a recruiter who filters through the candidates. A branch manager who is the hiring employee for branches will interview candidates. From online submission to interview is about a 1 1/2 - 2 week process. Interviews usually consistent of 1-2 people (branch manager, maybe a district or assistant branch manager). If hired, there are steps that must be completed and communication made with a hiring team before you step foot into the branch. From the time of interview to the first day of work takes about 1-2 weeks depending on how fast you complete the paperwork/fingerprints/drug test.

Interview Question – Customer service skills is huge! The customer is Chase's main priority.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter called and offered me the position. The salary was offered in terms of hourly rate and annual pay.

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – Starts with a internet application, moves onto a phone interview if they like your resume and test scores, than come to meet the branch manager, and finally the District manager

Interview Question – Its all about customer service, try to WOW them with a time that you went above and beyond for a customer that shows you buy into their culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for the most part PB's will start at 32k base with some experience

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was on campus, relatively easy with some of the branch managers, then 2nd interview was in chase tower, a lot of social, tours in other chase location, Q&A session and an interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just some simple questions and trying to sell something   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – Input my application online, and took a math & personality test. Was contacted by HR and did a short phone interview. Interviewed in person with the Branch Manager, went over my experience as well as my sales process. Was recommended for a second interview with the District Manager, and that experience was very similar to the first interview, but with less focus on sales and more emphasis on customer service.

Interview Question – Going through a sales routine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied in online. There were test that we had to pass. There are math questions as well. After a few days later, I was contacted by the HR. Then I had a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview, I was scheduled to see one of the managers in the branch. When I had an interview with one of managers, I was also interviewed with area manager.

Interview Question – There is nothing difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was simply told how much and I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan