J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.9

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interviews with branch manager and in some cases with the assistant present as well, asked similar questions about job performance and also made to role play out scenarios

Interview Questions
  • Role play out how you would grab a customer from the lobby to bring to your office.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

First, I applied online and filled out an evaluation on the Chase hiring site. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an interview with the branch manager and asst. manager, then an interview with the district manager. After all the interviewing i had to go in for fingerprinting (twice) and have a drug test.

non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

The networking and first 1:1 interview went really well. The second on site interview was bad. First the HR person sent a confirmation email with spelling and grammer errors as well as wrong dates. Did not pay to drive two hours. As well as the person I interviewed with was very arrogant. He made me do a role play, which I thought I did really well on, but he pointed out errors which werent even relevant to the role play scenario. I didnt get an offer because he didnt like me as an individual.

Seems like a good company to work for if you are interested in being tied down, and having no autonomy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nassau, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nassau, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

You take a test online, if you pass they call you up for an interview. There you're put into a room with the other candidates and wait while two different managers come around and interview you separately. Then you meet with the hiring director and she either tells you that you'll hear from them in a few days, that you interviewed well and they'd like to bring you back for another round with different branches, or that they want you to start as a teller to get experience with the products they offer.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me (whatever it is you have experience in).   View Answer

Offered a teller job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

First interview was on campus, relatively easy with some of the branch managers, then 2nd interview was in chase tower, a lot of social, tours in other chase location, Q&A session and an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just some simple questions and trying to sell something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Had a phone interview, then interviewed with manager at the location I would be working at, then interviewed with district manager. Manager at the branch location was very friendly and enthusiastic, I felt like I would have gotten along well with him as my boss. Branch manager was very negative and made it very clear that I probably would not get the position due to my lack of experience. I had just graduated from college so of course I had no experience yet and made that clear to him but unfortunately the experience factor was a make or break for him.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you delivered exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • If you could have any job you wanted in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

After phone interview was sent to the Main branch to interview with 2 people from mgmt team from Chase.
    Was escorted up to the top floor. The interview process was so unprofessional, I could hardly believe these 2 people worked for Chase. They were joking amonst themselves during the whole process.
    I said to myself I do not want to work for these 2 guys they were arrongant. Questions were arrogant and unprofessiona. When I answered them they joked about it between them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Got an email a few days after applying online. I received 9 rejections before gaining the interest of a specific branch. The phone interview was short and asked what I knew what the position consisted of. The interview with the branch manager was very relax and professional. Then the interview with the district manager was extremely casual and brief. He then told me to expect an offer soon and received a call offering me the position a few hours later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received extraordinary customer service.   View Answer
    • Are you honest?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was angry, and what did you do to deal with it.   View Answer
    The pay was good so I did not negotiate. There is slight room for negotiation, but must be ready to give a reason why you deserve more money.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview with manager was low pressure and easy conversational tone. A couple of "tell me about a time when you" behavioral questions but overall easy to answer. It took some time to get the interview and there was a substantial amount of on-line work to do and testing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult supervisor or manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Online application followed by a phone screening and a 1:1 interview with district manager.

there was no negotiation