J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
148 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the two managers. They were very nice and enjoyable to speak with.
Questions were: why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.

Interview Question – why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews with branch manager and in some cases with the assistant present as well, asked similar questions about job performance and also made to role play out scenarios

Interview Question – Role play out how you would grab a customer from the lobby to bring to your office.   Answer Question

New Philadelphia, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later received a call from the branch manager where the position was being offered. I had a 1:1 interview with her including basic questions. About a week and a half later, I received a call to schedule a second interview with the district manager. After a few days, I had my second interview. Again, very basic questions, including reviewing my resume. It took almost two weeks before I heard from the recruiting rep. offering me the position. Overall, Chase is a good company. However, it felt like the interview process took much longer compared to other companies.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details – First, I applied online and filled out an evaluation on the Chase hiring site. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an interview with the branch manager and asst. manager, then an interview with the district manager. After all the interviewing i had to go in for fingerprinting (twice) and have a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – After phone interview was sent to the Main branch to interview with 2 people from mgmt team from Chase.
Was escorted up to the top floor. The interview process was so unprofessional, I could hardly believe these 2 people worked for Chase. They were joking amonst themselves during the whole process.
I said to myself I do not want to work for these 2 guys they were arrongant. Questions were arrogant and unprofessiona. When I answered them they joked about it between them.

Interview Question – Sell me a pepsi over a coke   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – The networking and first 1:1 interview went really well. The second on site interview was bad. First the HR person sent a confirmation email with spelling and grammer errors as well as wrong dates. Did not pay to drive two hours. As well as the person I interviewed with was very arrogant. He made me do a role play, which I thought I did really well on, but he pointed out errors which werent even relevant to the role play scenario. I didnt get an offer because he didnt like me as an individual.

Seems like a good company to work for if you are interested in being tied down, and having no autonomy.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interview Details – Called by a recruiter for phone interview. Interviewed by the DM and another BM then switched rooms and interviewed by 2 other BM's (later found out the two women BM's were both needing to fill positions). Interviewing with 4 people in one night was a little unexpected. It was very sales focused and I had to practice their "pull from the lobby" scheme and then had to sell them hand sanitizer. Alot of questions about why they should hire me, what have I done in sales, how would approach a situation then gave me one, went through my resume basically point by point and asked for details about each thing on it.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell them the bottle of sanitizer on the desk.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was set and non-negotiable. The standard in Indiana is 32,000 and I dont believe there is any give unless maybe you are already licensed you could try but I doubt they budge!

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, then interviewed with manager at the location I would be working at, then interviewed with district manager. Manager at the branch location was very friendly and enthusiastic, I felt like I would have gotten along well with him as my boss. Branch manager was very negative and made it very clear that I probably would not get the position due to my lack of experience. I had just graduated from college so of course I had no experience yet and made that clear to him but unfortunately the experience factor was a make or break for him.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you delivered exceptional customer service   Answer Question
  • If you could have any job you wanted in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter, she asked basic questions about my resume. Set me up with a regional manager interview. She said they were going to set an interview with the branch manager, never happened. Never received a call back from them. I wish they would at least sent me an email in order to tell me i was not chosen or anything that reflected that.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview Details – First, a phone interview. After the phone interview with the HR representative an interview with a District Manager was scheduled. Most people meet with two people at this interview, but because I didn't I was contacted a week after the DM interview by a branch manager who I interviewed with that day. It was not long after this that I received the offer. The first interview ALWAYS involves role play.
The interview with the DM sells the job very well and makes you think you'll earn $60,000+ and of course doesn't mention "call night" where personal bankers have to stay until 8:00 on Tuesdays to call and harrass customers. The BM I met with on the 2nd interview was great, unfortunately I was not put in his branch. When I received the offer I was told that I'd be working at a certain branch.. I decided to go one day before I started just to see how long it'd take from home, only to find out that the branch had burned down a year prior. After calling back, I received my actual branch.

Interview Question – I told her I used to work in a shoe store, she said, "Sell me a shoe."
This was the role play portion of interview
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't even think to negotiate, but I do know someone who did and was able to raise the base salary by $3,000. It's not an extravagant amount but why not earn more if you can?

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan