J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.9

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interviewed with the two managers. They were very nice and enjoyable to speak with.
Questions were: why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.

Interview Questions
  • why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interviews with branch manager and in some cases with the assistant present as well, asked similar questions about job performance and also made to role play out scenarios

Interview Questions
    • Role play out how you would grab a customer from the lobby to bring to your office.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Philadelphia, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

I applied online and a few days later received a call from the branch manager where the position was being offered. I had a 1:1 interview with her including basic questions. About a week and a half later, I received a call to schedule a second interview with the district manager. After a few days, I had my second interview. Again, very basic questions, including reviewing my resume. It took almost two weeks before I heard from the recruiting rep. offering me the position. Overall, Chase is a good company. However, it felt like the interview process took much longer compared to other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

First, I applied online and filled out an evaluation on the Chase hiring site. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an interview with the branch manager and asst. manager, then an interview with the district manager. After all the interviewing i had to go in for fingerprinting (twice) and have a drug test.

non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

After phone interview was sent to the Main branch to interview with 2 people from mgmt team from Chase.
    Was escorted up to the top floor. The interview process was so unprofessional, I could hardly believe these 2 people worked for Chase. They were joking amonst themselves during the whole process.
    I said to myself I do not want to work for these 2 guys they were arrongant. Questions were arrogant and unprofessiona. When I answered them they joked about it between them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

The networking and first 1:1 interview went really well. The second on site interview was bad. First the HR person sent a confirmation email with spelling and grammer errors as well as wrong dates. Did not pay to drive two hours. As well as the person I interviewed with was very arrogant. He made me do a role play, which I thought I did really well on, but he pointed out errors which werent even relevant to the role play scenario. I didnt get an offer because he didnt like me as an individual.

Seems like a good company to work for if you are interested in being tied down, and having no autonomy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Called by a recruiter for phone interview. Interviewed by the DM and another BM then switched rooms and interviewed by 2 other BM's (later found out the two women BM's were both needing to fill positions). Interviewing with 4 people in one night was a little unexpected. It was very sales focused and I had to practice their "pull from the lobby" scheme and then had to sell them hand sanitizer. Alot of questions about why they should hire me, what have I done in sales, how would approach a situation then gave me one, went through my resume basically point by point and asked for details about each thing on it.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell them the bottle of sanitizer on the desk.   View Answer
    Salary was set and non-negotiable. The standard in Indiana is 32,000 and I dont believe there is any give unless maybe you are already licensed you could try but I doubt they budge!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Had a phone interview, then interviewed with manager at the location I would be working at, then interviewed with district manager. Manager at the branch location was very friendly and enthusiastic, I felt like I would have gotten along well with him as my boss. Branch manager was very negative and made it very clear that I probably would not get the position due to my lack of experience. I had just graduated from college so of course I had no experience yet and made that clear to him but unfortunately the experience factor was a make or break for him.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you delivered exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • If you could have any job you wanted in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

I was called by a recruiter, she asked basic questions about my resume. Set me up with a regional manager interview. She said they were going to set an interview with the branch manager, never happened. Never received a call back from them. I wish they would at least sent me an email in order to tell me i was not chosen or anything that reflected that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

First, a phone interview. After the phone interview with the HR representative an interview with a District Manager was scheduled. Most people meet with two people at this interview, but because I didn't I was contacted a week after the DM interview by a branch manager who I interviewed with that day. It was not long after this that I received the offer. The first interview ALWAYS involves role play.
    The interview with the DM sells the job very well and makes you think you'll earn $60,000+ and of course doesn't mention "call night" where personal bankers have to stay until 8:00 on Tuesdays to call and harrass customers. The BM I met with on the 2nd interview was great, unfortunately I was not put in his branch. When I received the offer I was told that I'd be working at a certain branch.. I decided to go one day before I started just to see how long it'd take from home, only to find out that the branch had burned down a year prior. After calling back, I received my actual branch.

Interview Questions
    • I told her I used to work in a shoe store, she said, "Sell me a shoe."
      This was the role play portion of interview
        Answer Question
    I didn't even think to negotiate, but I do know someone who did and was able to raise the base salary by $3,000. It's not an extravagant amount but why not earn more if you can?