J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.9

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westwood, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Got an email a few days after applying online. I received 9 rejections before gaining the interest of a specific branch. The phone interview was short and asked what I knew what the position consisted of. The interview with the branch manager was very relax and professional. Then the interview with the district manager was extremely casual and brief. He then told me to expect an offer soon and received a call offering me the position a few hours later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you received extraordinary customer service.   View Answer
  • Are you honest?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when a customer was angry, and what did you do to deal with it.   View Answer
The pay was good so I did not negotiate. There is slight room for negotiation, but must be ready to give a reason why you deserve more money.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hewlett, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hewlett, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

If you really want this position, you need to be upbeat and conversational. Ask lots of questions about the interviewer time with the company and advancement opportunities. Be prepared to talk about what you can do to grow the branch's profitability and be ready with examples.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think this position is for?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. After I got the position, I heard from other new co-workers at training that a few did and got what they ask for (but be prepared with the reason why you deserve more money)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

The interviewer asked me to sell her a product, why did I choose Chase. She didn't seem to remember that we have an interview in the first place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

On-campus career fair and "pre-night" where we met the campus interviewers. Pretty laid back social environment and informal information session
    On-campus interview, 1:1. Pretty basic sales questions. They had me sell them a pen.
    Interview at Chase Tower in Chicago. Involved a 1:2 interview w a branch manager and a district manager, tour of a branch, and a frickin awesome lunch on the top floor of the tower. Get the filet.

Interview Questions
    • I am a long-time customer at your writing utensil store. I always buy pencils, but this month your shipment is late and you only have pens. Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

I first got a call from chase recruiting center asking questions to see if i was qualified for personal banker. The recruiter then proceeded to schedule me an interview with the branch manager. The branch manager then proceeded to schedule an interview with the district manager. The district manager told me that the position I was applying for was not for a specific branch. In this personal banker position I would be moving around branches until they could find me a home branch.

Interview Questions
    Out of all the banks i have applied for Chase pays the most. I didnt negotiate because pay is already good plus their comission is very good as well. Base pay is around $34,000 a year and their is no cap for how much you could earn in comission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

I had a phone interview by recruiter
    Then was called to go in for second interview with manager
    Next day was called for interview with Branch Manager Met twice with him
    Never heard back after i called them and they said they would call me back to let me know whether i got the job. But never received a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

applied online and got a phone call interview from the recruiter. Recruiter asks couple of questions regarding your sales ability, give me a time when you had to handle an irate customer, HAve you ever coached someone, previous job question, etc. took about 20 min. Recruiter scheduled me an appointment with Branch manager & assistant manager and interviewed for 30 min. Following day, district manager called me and asked quick simple qusetions like why do you want to work for chase. The district manager offered me the job and told me that the recruiter will call me regarding the offer letter. Got denied because of my previous criminal background history in 2007. (5 yrs had to pass from the date when the case was dismissed.)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had an upset customer   View Answer
    • How would you create business when the traffic is slow.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grass Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grass Valley, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

The initial phone interview was very standard, asking questions off my resume and getting a feel for my experience. The interviewer was concise and professional.

The 2nd interview consisted of the local branch manager and a few employees at the branch where the open position was, doing a panel/role play style interview in the manager's office. They were supportive while at the same time able to share their understanding of the banking world and give me a feel for what I might be in for. I was able to relate well to them because of a few shared experiences, and they were very helpful in the process since I hadn't interviewed for anything in the corporate or financial world up to this point.

The 3rd interview was with the Regional manager at a different branch and she was more rigid, yet helpful through the process. The content of this interview was more specific to the situations I would encounter, the skills I had to bring to the table as a personal banker, and what I could offer as a salesperson. She was very interested in my ability to sell according to the style that Chase trains you for. This was the only interview in which I didn't feel like my personality and skills were totally supported, mostly because I didn't have any sales experience.

In short, the local branch manager was the most supportive and the whole process was helpful in seeing the need for good questions to be asked during an interview, as well as a very teachable attitude when it comes to different companies approaches to things like sales.

Interview Questions
    • I am customer that walks into your local branch. What do you do as a banker to get me back to your desk?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

The Interview question are basically consist of sales and customer service experiences. Walk recruiter through my resume. Be confident and detail, the recruiter love that. Make sure you do your homework, that way you wont be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • This position consist of sales. Sell me any item of your choice.   View Answer
    none. Be ready to what you get yourself into, retail banking is stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

I went to the first interview but forgot my resume. The guy interviewing me was turned off at that point. He became aggressive and blunt with his comments. Chase than called me back for a second interview which I was surprised. When I went there the lady had went on vacation so I wasted my time going out there. The second time, she wasnt there again so someone else had to interview me. It was so quick, not even 10mins. Never got a call from them but later learned from a friend who got the job that even though Chase does not want you, they call everyone back just to finish the interview process. But thats such a waste of time for people really looking for work. Dam* Chase just be real and say you forgot your resume and its unforgivable and let me move on with my life. Dont send me on a Chase for no reason.