J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview process started with two separate phone interviews, then 2 separate face-to-face interviews. Recruiters were very diligent about being as timely as possible and I was never left in the dark. Once offered the position, the on-boarding process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was unexpected. Questions were very behavioral with a few high-level industry questions. Interview process was more about fit than anything.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Bank Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I found out about the opportunity at a job fair and submitted my resume through a recruiter. The process as far as feedback was slow. From start to offer was almost four months. My process was a bit more unorthodox as I did not go through the campus recruiting. Additionally, I interviewed at three different offices in the area before a position opened. I went on a total of five interviews. I had a phone interview (screening interview) with an HR representative. I also had 1:1 interviews with two managing directors and two executive directors. Additionally, after the third interview I was able to meet with two of the current analysts at the location.

Interview Questions
    • This position was a career change for me so most of my questions revolved on WHY I wanted the position. What interested me about wealth management? Why JP Morgan? What am I doing currently to follow the markets? Only had a few "technical" questions: Where do you see the markets going in 2014? What are you currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the offer was what I expected/wanted. I felt the offer was in line with what I had seen others receive for the same position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Applied internally and reached out to the recruiter same day. About two weeks later, the hiring manager brought me in for an interview. Interviewed with Managing Director & the Analyst Manager. Also was able to speak to two equal level Analysts at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think the market is heading and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a stock you are currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    • What sorts of investments would you recommend for a retiree assuming interest rates are rising.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Applied through college career website to private banking solutions position, heard back during signups. A month after the interview I got a call asking me to fly into their NY office and was offered the job

Interview Questions
    • How differently would you allocate assets between an elderly couple and a young entrepreneur?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

My friend who interned with the Private Bank referred my resume over the summer. I then had 3 phone interviews (2 with HR reps, 1 with a current PB Analyst), and then did not here from then for quite some time. I then received an email several months later and was invited down for a superday. The superday consisted of one 2:1 interview, and three 1:1interviews. They asked me several difficult questions regarding the fiscal cliff, QE3, and a lot of questions regarding my internship/other finance experience. Very few behavioral questions. They said they would be in touch in about two weeks and I received a call roughly 30 minutes after the interviews with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your thoughts regarding the fiscal cliff and how do you expect the market to react?   View Answer
    The offer was well above the average offer so I accepted without any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

On campus interview. Someone backed out of the job and they we're trying to fill the position quick. There was only one round of 2 on 1 interviews that they used to pick a candidate and you only got 20 minutes to prove your worth. Pretty basic finance questions, why JP Morgan, why Private Banking, etc...

Interview Questions
    • Give us your opinion on where you think the markets are going for next year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Great interview with an analyst--more of a conversation/get to know you experience. Asked basic background questions, talked about analyst training, and discussed the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

I applied to be a Private Banking Analyst during my undergrad. It was done through my school's internal career website. I was notified via email that my résumé matched the qualifications for the job and I had made it past the initial screening. I was invited to interview. I understand there were three different candidates . There were 3- 30 minute back to back interviews with different employees within the office.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question centered around the benefits of owning municipal bonds and what my view was on certain markets.   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Spoke with HR Initially on the phone. Went well and went into headquarter in New York and spoke with 8+ junior and senior people from different teams. Most of the were behaviour questions about yourself and your hobbies, strengths, weaknesses. Spoke with different asset class leaders, VPs, associates, EDs, Analysts.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

2 rounds of group discussion. same format. introduce yourself, answer random question in dialogue cards. sell them a product which is assigned to you. tell them about a recent news. And some other behavior questions/