J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.9

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

My friend who interned with the Private Bank referred my resume over the summer. I then had 3 phone interviews (2 with HR reps, 1 with a current PB Analyst), and then did not here from then for quite some time. I then received an email several months later and was invited down for a superday. The superday consisted of one 2:1 interview, and three 1:1interviews. They asked me several difficult questions regarding the fiscal cliff, QE3, and a lot of questions regarding my internship/other finance experience. Very few behavioral questions. They said they would be in touch in about two weeks and I received a call roughly 30 minutes after the interviews with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your thoughts regarding the fiscal cliff and how do you expect the market to react?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was well above the average offer so I accepted without any negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2012.

Interview

They called out of the blue, on a friday night. Didnt expect it coming. They actually mentioned they were asking for my particulars, but proceeded into an interview. They asked about why choice of degree, what i did during my internship, and trends in the landscape.

Interview Questions

• How will you convince clients because of your young age?   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied internally and reached out to the recruiter same day. About two weeks later, the hiring manager brought me in for an interview. Interviewed with Managing Director & the Analyst Manager. Also was able to speak to two equal level Analysts at the end.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is heading and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a stock you are currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    • What sorts of investments would you recommend for a retiree assuming interest rates are rising.   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview

Spoke with HR Initially on the phone. Went well and went into headquarter in New York and spoke with 8+ junior and senior people from different teams. Most of the were behaviour questions about yourself and your hobbies, strengths, weaknesses. Spoke with different asset class leaders, VPs, associates, EDs, Analysts.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2014.

Interview

Group Assessment Exercise

Self introduction. Selling of products. Discussion of topics (6mins in total including preparation time). In total around 100 attendants. There are 6 candidates on each group of assessment.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2012.

Interview

Structured but a long process. First an online psychometrics test followed by a phone interview and multiple rounds thereafter involving managers and MD. Behavioural questions and market knowledge required

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I found out about the opportunity at a job fair and submitted my resume through a recruiter. The process as far as feedback was slow. From start to offer was almost four months. My process was a bit more unorthodox as I did not go through the campus recruiting. Additionally, I interviewed at three different offices in the area before a position opened. I went on a total of five interviews. I had a phone interview (screening interview) with an HR representative. I also had 1:1 interviews with two managing directors and two executive directors. Additionally, after the third interview I was able to meet with two of the current analysts at the location.

Interview Questions

• This position was a career change for me so most of my questions revolved on WHY I wanted the position. What interested me about wealth management? Why JP Morgan? What am I doing currently to follow the markets? Only had a few "technical" questions: Where do you see the markets going in 2014? What are you currently invested in and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer was what I expected/wanted. I felt the offer was in line with what I had seen others receive for the same position.

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Orleans, LA) in May 2012.

Interview

On campus interview. Someone backed out of the job and they we're trying to fill the position quick. There was only one round of 2 on 1 interviews that they used to pick a candidate and you only got 20 minutes to prove your worth. Pretty basic finance questions, why JP Morgan, why Private Banking, etc...

Interview Questions

• Give us your opinion on where you think the markets are going for next year.   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career website to private banking solutions position, heard back during signups. A month after the interview I got a call asking me to fly into their NY office and was offered the job

Interview Questions

• How differently would you allocate assets between an elderly couple and a young entrepreneur?   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied to be a Private Banking Analyst during my undergrad. It was done through my school's internal career website. I was notified via email that my résumé matched the qualifications for the job and I had made it past the initial screening. I was invited to interview. I understand there were three different candidates . There were 3- 30 minute back to back interviews with different employees within the office.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question centered around the benefits of owning municipal bonds and what my view was on certain markets.   Answer Question