J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews - fit & technical. Focus on Macro & how changes affect clients.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process started with two separate phone interviews, then 2 separate face-to-face interviews. Recruiters were very diligent about being as timely as possible and I was never left in the dark. Once offered the position, the on-boarding process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Questions were very behavioral with a few high-level industry questions. Interview process was more about fit than anything.   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of group discussion. same format. introduce yourself, answer random question in dialogue cards. sell them a product which is assigned to you. tell them about a recent news. And some other behavior questions/

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting for the Private Bank Analyst across various teams. All the team members were very nice, except a senior woman who was falling asleep (literally could not keep her eyes open) from the moment she stepped into the room to the end, which was interesting... Ended up withdrawing from the process as there was another offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very qualitative i.e. how to invest 1M dollars   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Reached out to me directly after applying on their website. First it was a phone interview covering markets and investment ideas (mostly theme based). Next was an on-site interview with the whole team rotating. Mostly behavioral with some investment ideas, showing market knowledge and some portfolio allocation idea.

Interview Questions

• How would you allocate a conservative portfolio across asset classes (percentage breakdown)? Do you know what convexity is? (nothing too out of the ordinary)   Answer Question

Interested in pursuing further studies instead

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

Great interview with an analyst--more of a conversation/get to know you experience. Asked basic background questions, talked about analyst training, and discussed the hiring process.

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions to make sure you are a right fit for the company. The discussion led to why I was interested in managing clients portfolios. Other questions consisted of leadership demonstration, situation-based questions (tell me a time where...).

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to make quick, efficient decisions under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied to be a Private Banking Analyst during my undergrad. It was done through my school's internal career website. I was notified via email that my résumé matched the qualifications for the job and I had made it past the initial screening. I was invited to interview. I understand there were three different candidates . There were 3- 30 minute back to back interviews with different employees within the office.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question centered around the benefits of owning municipal bonds and what my view was on certain markets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Orleans, LA) in May 2012.

Interview

On campus interview. Someone backed out of the job and they we're trying to fill the position quick. There was only one round of 2 on 1 interviews that they used to pick a candidate and you only got 20 minutes to prove your worth. Pretty basic finance questions, why JP Morgan, why Private Banking, etc...

Interview Questions

• Give us your opinion on where you think the markets are going for next year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career website to private banking solutions position, heard back during signups. A month after the interview I got a call asking me to fly into their NY office and was offered the job

Interview Questions

• How differently would you allocate assets between an elderly couple and a young entrepreneur?   Answer Question