J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
11 interviews

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Multiple interviews - fit & technical. Focus on Macro & how changes affect clients.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Great interview with an analyst--more of a conversation/get to know you experience. Asked basic background questions, talked about analyst training, and discussed the hiring process.

Private Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Basic behavioral questions to make sure you are a right fit for the company. The discussion led to why I was interested in managing clients portfolios. Other questions consisted of leadership demonstration, situation-based questions (tell me a time where...).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to make quick, efficient decisions under pressure.   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Went through campus recruiting for the Private Bank Analyst across various teams. All the team members were very nice, except a senior woman who was falling asleep (literally could not keep her eyes open) from the moment she stepped into the room to the end, which was interesting... Ended up withdrawing from the process as there was another offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very qualitative i.e. how to invest 1M dollars   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Interviewed through school recruiting. Interviewed with team of managing director and analyst. Mostly behavioral "fit" questions and 1 or 2 market-oriented questions.

Interview Questions
    • Design a portfolio for our client based on your current market outlook.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

I applied to be a Private Banking Analyst during my undergrad. It was done through my school's internal career website. I was notified via email that my résumé matched the qualifications for the job and I had made it past the initial screening. I was invited to interview. I understand there were three different candidates . There were 3- 30 minute back to back interviews with different employees within the office.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question centered around the benefits of owning municipal bonds and what my view was on certain markets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

On campus interview. Someone backed out of the job and they we're trying to fill the position quick. There was only one round of 2 on 1 interviews that they used to pick a candidate and you only got 20 minutes to prove your worth. Pretty basic finance questions, why JP Morgan, why Private Banking, etc...

Interview Questions
    • Give us your opinion on where you think the markets are going for next year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Applied through college career website to private banking solutions position, heard back during signups. A month after the interview I got a call asking me to fly into their NY office and was offered the job

Interview Questions
    • How differently would you allocate assets between an elderly couple and a young entrepreneur?   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Applied internally and reached out to the recruiter same day. About two weeks later, the hiring manager brought me in for an interview. Interviewed with Managing Director & the Analyst Manager. Also was able to speak to two equal level Analysts at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think the market is heading and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a stock you are currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    • What sorts of investments would you recommend for a retiree assuming interest rates are rising.   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

They called out of the blue, on a friday night. Didnt expect it coming. They actually mentioned they were asking for my particulars, but proceeded into an interview. They asked about why choice of degree, what i did during my internship, and trends in the landscape.

Interview Questions
    • How will you convince clients because of your young age?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!