J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.1

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Straightforward, two phone screens with people on the team with mainly fit stuff. Got to have an opinion on the market that you can pull from current events (i.e. articles in WSJ or FT that are relevant). 3-4 one on one interviews in the office that were a bit more direct, but still focused on fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Given your opinion on future interest rates: what would your asset class allocation be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was easy just asked me about my classes and experiences, second interview was tough with quantitative questions... 5 differnet interviews on superday with two people interviewing you each time. Some situational questions

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you used criticism to improve on something?   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round was phone interviews. Spoke to associates and analysts. Next round: super day One of the associates was rude and was probably having a bad day. I got cut off mid sentence at least 10 times in a 30 min conversation.

Interview Questions

• Pitch a stock. Explain Fed's activity without using any financial terms. Behavioral questions brain teasers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2014.

Interview

Group Assessment Exercise Self introduction. Selling of products. Discussion of topics (6mins in total including preparation time). In total around 100 attendants. There are 6 candidates on each group of assessment.

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2012.

Interview

Structured but a long process. First an online psychometrics test followed by a phone interview and multiple rounds thereafter involving managers and MD. Behavioural questions and market knowledge required

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of group discussion. same format. introduce yourself, answer random question in dialogue cards. sell them a product which is assigned to you. tell them about a recent news. And some other behavior questions/

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview

Spoke with HR Initially on the phone. Went well and went into headquarter in New York and spoke with 8+ junior and senior people from different teams. Most of the were behaviour questions about yourself and your hobbies, strengths, weaknesses. Spoke with different asset class leaders, VPs, associates, EDs, Analysts.

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process started with two separate phone interviews, then 2 separate face-to-face interviews. Recruiters were very diligent about being as timely as possible and I was never left in the dark. Once offered the position, the on-boarding process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Questions were very behavioral with a few high-level industry questions. Interview process was more about fit than anything.   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Reached out to me directly after applying on their website. First it was a phone interview covering markets and investment ideas (mostly theme based). Next was an on-site interview with the whole team rotating. Mostly behavioral with some investment ideas, showing market knowledge and some portfolio allocation idea.

Interview Questions

• How would you allocate a conservative portfolio across asset classes (percentage breakdown)? Do you know what convexity is? (nothing too out of the ordinary)   Answer Question

Interested in pursuing further studies instead

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I found out about the opportunity at a job fair and submitted my resume through a recruiter. The process as far as feedback was slow. From start to offer was almost four months. My process was a bit more unorthodox as I did not go through the campus recruiting. Additionally, I interviewed at three different offices in the area before a position opened. I went on a total of five interviews. I had a phone interview (screening interview) with an HR representative. I also had 1:1 interviews with two managing directors and two executive directors. Additionally, after the third interview I was able to meet with two of the current analysts at the location.

Interview Questions

• This position was a career change for me so most of my questions revolved on WHY I wanted the position. What interested me about wealth management? Why JP Morgan? What am I doing currently to follow the markets? Only had a few "technical" questions: Where do you see the markets going in 2014? What are you currently invested in and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer was what I expected/wanted. I felt the offer was in line with what I had seen others receive for the same position.