J.P. Morgan Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There are many layers to the interviewing process used at this firm and takes weeks or months to move forward when trying to get into this company. Communications back to potential employees could definitely be improved.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you here when you have so much experience, you could be anywhere but here?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Project Manager Interview

As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview and hiring process quick and less than two weeks. There was phone interview and then group interview with the team face to face. The interview questions were mostly from my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Its for a 1 year contract PM position through a staffing firm. I had 3 phone interviews with a peer (PM), Program Dir, AD Director. There was no f2f interview since the need was urgent. They didnt give an answer until I really pushed my HR to get one. Then they offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had one interview that resulted in an offer; the process was extremely quick; no complaints about the interview process (in 2006)

No negotiation available

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The hiring process was very slow and little envolvement with HR since they were outsourced

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions with my interview process   Answer Question
    The negotiation did not go that great, they would not budge

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

The interview process was very fast and the decision was made promptly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a project you were managing was falling behind schedule, what steps did you take?   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate, I was very satisfied with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2009.

I first had a phone interview to gauge my project management skills. This was followed up with a face to face with the Program Manager, my future Direct Manager, Managing Director of the group, and then the business sponsor for the technology team

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a team member/employee that is not interested in doing his/her work?   Answer Question

via staffing firm, multiple rounds phone interview from US & HK

Interview Questions

be clear with you salary requirements with the staffing firm

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Pretty straight forward. I did need to come in a number of times to meet a number of different people, a total of 6 at varying levels and couple that I never worked with but who were asked to contribute feedback.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really simple. Given the number of people I met, I believe they were trying to determine whether I would be a good cultural fit rather than whether I could do the job.   Answer Question
    Not much of a nogotiation.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!