J.P. Morgan QA Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

They wasted no time in hiring process .... 4 days after I submitted my resume, had a phone interview and 4 more days later, an onsite. Offer was given 4-5 days after the onsite. There was very little room in offer negotiation though. Interview was not hard, most questions were expected ... Met with 4 interviewers and spent 30 minutes with each.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

This was an internal interview, which can also be difficult to obtain. Many times the individual has already been chosen and the interview process is initiated to comply with due process. Of course, there are also real opportunities, but most come through the recommendation of a colleague. I've scored more face to face interviews when I had a referral from someone who knew the hiring manager. For external candidates, your best route getting an interview is by networking and knowing someone. That's how several individuals. Including myself were hired.

Interview Questions
    • How much flexibility do you have in your work schedule? Will you have a problem with the expected hours?   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Good interview and the interview person was polite and well-informed.The level of questioning increased progressively and the interviewer was giving a lot of options for the questions and the subject areas!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

1 Telephonic technical round: On mainframes basics & details
    1 round with onsite manager: Personal & Technical related to testing (in my case it was with VP based in Hongkong who was a Chinese)
    1 HR round: For salary negotiations

Interview Questions
    If technical round goes well.... quote a higher salary

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

I got a call from HR and telephonic interview was scheduled. I have appeared for same & shortlisted for further telephonic round !. I got call for telephonic round almost after 25 days. I have cleared the same & told HR will get back to me for F2F. I have appeared F2F which is also almost 20 days later & informed that there will be telephonic round. After not getting call I had inquired about same & received feedback that my profile is on hold & not rejected & not even selected !! after taking 3 rounds my profile was kept on hold. I have continuously followed up with HR but no reply!!!! for further schedule till date

Interview Questions
    • HR don't provide any feedback on interview which supposed to be given   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

I was referred by existing employee and was called for interview during same week. Interview questions were related to day-to-day work scenarios.

QA Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Got the call from a Agency. Asking for 5-6+ Years exp

First was asked to go for a written test (irrespective of experience) - that mainly focused on the area you are specialized.

Written test was bit tricky - each question has 5 multiple choices where 'up to' 3 can be correct answers.
    also has negative marking.

Then a Face to Face round - Part of it seems HR and Partly seems Technical.

In the end, they were saying the it seems you are exp overqualified for the position :( . though i am having 6 years as they asked for. Then I asked, but i was told that positions are 6 years exp people only , what has changed in the four days?

They said No, it is not that you are not qualified but not sure if the position requires this much exp..huh...

Interview Questions
    • Everything is very simple in the Interview. Restricted to very much basics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

There were two rounds of F2F interview, 3 Global Interview (Telephonic) and then 1 HR interview.
    these were like a 'Get Selected' or 'Elimination' rounds.

Interview Questions
    Negotions can be done, but generally what they offer you will be one of the best offers as per your profile.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

1st round is a 30min on-campus interview: general questions about CV, your motivation and some brainteasers. Then 4 a phone interview (45 min each), with more math and computer science problems. Also I was asked the usual personality and walk me through your resume questions. All interviewers were very nice

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about Black-Scholes, Ito's lemma, Brownian motion   Answer Question
    • A line of 100 airline passengers is waiting to board a plane. They each hold a ticket to one of the 100 seats on that flight. (For convenience, let's say that the nth passenger in line has a ticket for the seat number n.)
       Unfortunately, the first person in line is crazy, and will ignore the seat number on their ticket, picking a random seat to occupy. All of the other passengers are quite normal, and will go to their proper seat unless it is already occupied. If it is occupied, they will then find a free seat to sit in, at random.
       What is the probability that the last (100th) person to board the plane will sit in their proper seat (#100)?
        View Answers (2)

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!