J.P. Morgan Relationship BANKER Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and completed assessment. Next day I received a phone call from recruiter asking me a few questions(Prior experience). She scheduled me an interview with District Manager. Came to interview it was interview to find out it was a group interview with two Managers and the DM. Interview went great. It lasted a little over a hour. It was a relaxed setting since I already knew the DM and one BM from my first stint working at Chase as a teller. Two business days later I receive a phone call asking for a phone interview with the Market Manager. She said it would be brief, only about 5 minutes. This usually means they have decided on you. It just needs their approval. It is the most important. You do not want it to last 5 minutes. They are looking for you to make the conversation exciting and build rapport with them. I receive a call three business days later saying everything looks good and they are waiting for the final say-so from the DM but he was on vacation that week so I would hear back the week he comes back. The next week I received a offer. Currently in the pre-employment process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you establish trust and build rapport?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with an u satisfied customer?   Answer Question
  • What is your approach when you set appointments?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were struggling to meet your goals. How did you overcome your struggles?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback to help you develop a skill?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you felt it was necessary to make an exception to policy?   Answer Question
  • Why Chase?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your experience in your current role?   Answer Question
  • Describe how your prior work and education will help in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered 38k base which was higher than my current base so I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Relationship Banker Interview

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and received a video interview with 15 questions. They ask why do you feel your a good candidate for the position? Describe a difficult task and how you handled it. If you where assigned a portfolio how would you introduce yourself. The rest of the questions were about salary and location. The last one they want you to describe your work history. I just submitted my video so I will update my review once I hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come in to the branch to interview with the branch manager who was actually very nice and the head of the sales team who by the way was very rude. He started texting and using his phone while I was answering his questions. He even started yawning in front of me, which got me really upset.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

-boring. The DM who interviewed me was polite and nice, but seemed to be visibly bored by the process. I got the job, so I know it wasn't a negative sign. I think he was just bored by having to do the interview. -misleading. He told me that he had to interview some other candidates after me. This, I found out, was a lie. You can say all you want that, well that's what they have to say. But that's bs. Have some integrity, Chase. -I tested the DM with some upper level finance questions. He didn't have any answer. I had to try hard not to laugh at him. Then again, being a DM means you're good at following and implementing orders, not being intelligent

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put in a difficult position and had to make a quick decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They presented an offer and I took it. They don't negotiate.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They ask you to sell something in the room. Ask you about a difficult time you had in the work force and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview

Quick process. They just need to like you and you have to pass a basic skills test. I would allow yourself time to do well on it. Because you might be eliminated for not passing this exam

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Low ball offer and I accepted because desperate for a job.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviews with human resources, district manager and branch manager. All behavioral questions and i also went over my resume. What would you do if a costumer said this or that. Received offer in less than 3 weeks. Started working in a month and a half after sending resume and aplication.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a costumer asked for a fee to be waived   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 branch managers and 2 district managers. Month long process. There wasn't any communication after each interview so I was uncertain what was going on but finally when they wrapped it up they told me they had to figure out which branch was well suited for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotionable

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interviewed by BM, DM, then MM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell me max

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interview with Branch manager and then interview with District manager. Typical questions, "name a time you went above and beyond for a customer"...etc.

Interview Questions

• When did you try to help someone, but weren't able to, and why were you not able to   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate and they made the lowest offer possible...they knew they could because I didn't have much on the job experience.