J.P. Morgan Relationship BANKER Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interviewed with 2 branch managers and 2 district managers. Month long process. There wasn't any communication after each interview so I was uncertain what was going on but finally when they wrapped it up they told me they had to figure out which branch was well suited for me.

Non negotionable

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Be Ready to sell them a pen when you getting hired as a Relationship banker or Personal Banker
    Tell them stories about how good experience you have given them before
    Tell them how you have helped customer save money and get great service

we can offer you 32000 base that is the max

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sayville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sayville, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

"Round Robin" was interviewed by 3 different upper managers then sent to speak with Branch Manager

no negotiation

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

They ask you to sell something in the room. Ask you about a difficult time you had in the work force and how you dealt with it.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

One video conference interview. One interview with the branch manager, another with the district manager.

They don't negotiate.

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

submitted the assessment , received a call , 3 branch managers interviewed me then met with the district mgr , call for welcome aboard ,

None

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed by BM, DM, then MM

They tell me max

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview was with 4 people. 3 branch managers and then finally the District Manager. All 3 BM's were different and varied with difficulty. Straight forward interview, mostly behaviors in certain situations. DM interview was very easy. Received a call the next day with an offer. Negotiate the offer if you already have securities licenses.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something. I sold a stock that I hae pitched previously.   Answer Question
    If you have licenses you can negotiate. If not, they you probably don't havr much leeway.

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview with Branch manager and then interview with District manager. Typical questions, "name a time you went above and beyond for a customer"...etc.

Interview Questions
    • When did you try to help someone, but weren't able to, and why were you not able to   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate and they made the lowest offer possible...they knew they could because I didn't have much on the job experience.

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The process starts with an assessment which you should take seriously. It's not incredibly hard, but I have known several people to fail it because they just blew through it. after that, a recruiter contacts you to set up a phone interview... quite basic. Then you go in to meet with your direct supervisor and branch manager. Interview is a mix of corporate questions and more relational ones.

Interview Questions
    the salaries are not very flexible so make sure you go in willing to be flexible on your number... otherwise don't apply

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!