J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Relationship Banker

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 branch managers and 2 district managers. Month long process. There wasn't any communication after each interview so I was uncertain what was going on but finally when they wrapped it up they told me they had to figure out which branch was well suited for me.

Interview Question – What does good customer service look like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotionable

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details – Be Ready to sell them a pen when you getting hired as a Relationship banker or Personal Banker
Tell them stories about how good experience you have given them before
Tell them how you have helped customer save money and get great service

Interview Question – Greateast Story as customer expeicne   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – we can offer you 32000 base that is the max

Sayville, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details – "Round Robin" was interviewed by 3 different upper managers then sent to speak with Branch Manager

Interview Question – roll playing an example of a "what if" senerio   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Relationship Banker

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – They ask you to sell something in the room. Ask you about a difficult time you had in the work force and how you dealt with it.

Interview Question – Sell this pen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – One video conference interview. One interview with the branch manager, another with the district manager.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate.

Relationship Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – submitted the assessment , received a call , 3 branch managers interviewed me then met with the district mgr , call for welcome aboard ,

Interview Question – How to deal with unhappy customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Relationship Banker

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Interviewed by BM, DM, then MM

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell me max

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was with 4 people. 3 branch managers and then finally the District Manager. All 3 BM's were different and varied with difficulty. Straight forward interview, mostly behaviors in certain situations. DM interview was very easy. Received a call the next day with an offer. Negotiate the offer if you already have securities licenses.

Interview Question – Sell me something. I sold a stock that I hae pitched previously.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have licenses you can negotiate. If not, they you probably don't havr much leeway.

Relationship Banker

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Interview with Branch manager and then interview with District manager. Typical questions, "name a time you went above and beyond for a customer"...etc.

Interview Question – When did you try to help someone, but weren't able to, and why were you not able to   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate and they made the lowest offer possible...they knew they could because I didn't have much on the job experience.

Relationship Banker

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – The process starts with an assessment which you should take seriously. It's not incredibly hard, but I have known several people to fail it because they just blew through it. after that, a recruiter contacts you to set up a phone interview... quite basic. Then you go in to meet with your direct supervisor and branch manager. Interview is a mix of corporate questions and more relational ones.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the salaries are not very flexible so make sure you go in willing to be flexible on your number... otherwise don't apply

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!