J.P. Morgan

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with Area Manager, took 3 weeks to hear back. Then had to do a phone interview with Market Manager which was pretty easy. Offer came directly from hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • Everything was pretty standard. As an internal transfer I knew what they wanted to hear   Answer Question
No negotiation - internal transfer so I had to take it or leave it

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Great introduction to the company and layout of the benefits, great conversation and very informative interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Online application contained assessment questions such as financial calculations, management decisions, etc. My background is financial services so the questions were quite easy and didn't find them too difficult. The assessment questionnaire must be included with the online application to be considered for the position.
    The application process was frustrating. You were given about an hour to complete the assessment, which I completed, given that my computer was slow. I received the email confirming they received my application, then 4 minutes later, I received the letter of denial. I thought it was unreasonable and insensitive for JP Morgan Chase to treat potential applicants this way: taking and hour to complete their assessment and online application, only to be rejected 4 minutes later.

Interview Questions
    • Assessment questionnaire included mortgage and lending calculations, savings interest percentages, management situations, etc.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

What's the one positive thing your supervisor will say about you?

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. The phone interview lasted maybe ten minutes, half of which was static because the recruiters phone didn't have a clear connection. The recruiter was difficult to understand and her accent was very thick. She advised that the hiring manager would contact me within a week or two. A month later, I emailed her and asked the status of the position. She then responded with an odd question of when I would be relocating. I never discussed relocating with her so when I asked her for some clarification, I received the automated rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Very lengthy process. Process took me three total months because the market I was interviewing for was so busy it was hard to make time to schedule an interview. Overall the interview has the standard questions which separate you from the rest. I just focus on expressing my desire to help their company.

Pay was only 50k where at BofA it is 65+

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

After submitting my resume and applying to the company i heard back in two weeks for a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes then we scheduled a panel interview which was set for a week from that day in the panel interview I was there for around 45 minutes and was offered the job around a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and turned the situation around   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

I went to a Job Fair and was interviewed on the spot by a VP. The VP never asked any relavent questions. Laughed and joked the entire time. Worst interview I have ever had. Few days later a recruiter called and offered me the job. Had to have a drug test, background check and credit check.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked of me, other than do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

the hiring process was great, i had the pleasure to interview with 2 managers who moves up within a year of me being hired, i owe what i know to them, its usually 2-3 interviews,

Interview Questions
    i wasnt able to negotiate anything, not my salary,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

I had 2 interviews. I was originally hired as a Loss Mitigation representative and then they moved my team to the Relationship Manager department. They like to hear that you are a team player.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. Big mistake, they will negotiate salary.