J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Morristown, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very lengthy process. Process took me three total months because the market I was interviewing for was so busy it was hard to make time to schedule an interview. Overall the interview has the standard questions which separate you from the rest. I just focus on expressing my desire to help their company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in two years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was only 50k where at BofA it is 65+

Bronx, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – the hiring process was great, i had the pleasure to interview with 2 managers who moves up within a year of me being hired, i owe what i know to them, its usually 2-3 interviews,

Interview Question – why do you wanna work for chase   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i wasnt able to negotiate anything, not my salary,

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Great introduction to the company and layout of the benefits, great conversation and very informative interview process

Interview Question – Situational - Role playing   View Answer

Van Nuys, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Online application contained assessment questions such as financial calculations, management decisions, etc. My background is financial services so the questions were quite easy and didn't find them too difficult. The assessment questionnaire must be included with the online application to be considered for the position.
The application process was frustrating. You were given about an hour to complete the assessment, which I completed, given that my computer was slow. I received the email confirming they received my application, then 4 minutes later, I received the letter of denial. I thought it was unreasonable and insensitive for JP Morgan Chase to treat potential applicants this way: taking and hour to complete their assessment and online application, only to be rejected 4 minutes later.

Interview Question – Assessment questionnaire included mortgage and lending calculations, savings interest percentages, management situations, etc.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – What's the one positive thing your supervisor will say about you?

Interview Question – What's your most difficult moment?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. The phone interview lasted maybe ten minutes, half of which was static because the recruiters phone didn't have a clear connection. The recruiter was difficult to understand and her accent was very thick. She advised that the hiring manager would contact me within a week or two. A month later, I emailed her and asked the status of the position. She then responded with an odd question of when I would be relocating. I never discussed relocating with her so when I asked her for some clarification, I received the automated rejection email.

Rochester, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume and applying to the company i heard back in two weeks for a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes then we scheduled a panel interview which was set for a week from that day in the panel interview I was there for around 45 minutes and was offered the job around a week later.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and turned the situation around   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – I went to a Job Fair and was interviewed on the spot by a VP. The VP never asked any relavent questions. Laughed and joked the entire time. Worst interview I have ever had. Few days later a recruiter called and offered me the job. Had to have a drug test, background check and credit check.

Interview Question – No questions were asked of me, other than do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – I got in touch with the hiring manager through a classmate who currently works at the firm. I also applied online for the exact same position but of course we all know that never goes through. Your resume will fall into a black hole never to be discovered. The interview was 45 minutes long, asking questions regarding relevant work experience, how I became interested in this area, how I transitioned from business school to this industry, and my particular company. The hiring manager was looking for someone who can go in, learn quickly about the company's products and structure, and then go out and sell after a year. Hiring manager wanted to know proudest moment, biggest accomplishment/achievement, and gives an opportunity to express anything not spoken of that you want the interviewer to know.

Interview Question – All questions were standard, nothing technical related to banking.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview Details – I transferred internally from another position; which wasn't easy. I'm not sure the recruiters have been taught how to adequately read a resume, so getting through for an interview was a challenge. As such, I was initially declined for an interview via email though my resume was tailored specifically to the job requisition. After I was initially declined, I called the recruiter to question why. He said it was a mistake and that I would be schedule for an interview within two weeks.

Upon meeting the interviewer, I felt he was going through the motions. I saw the candidate immediately prior to my interview, a hot 30-something blond who was a bit "friendly" while saying goodbye. I felt didn't have a chance. (She was hired along with me).

The hiring manager didn't really seem to have structured questions prepared, situational questions prepared. He appeared to primarily be firing from the hip and was more of a matter of likability.

After waiting 2 months, I was offered a position and accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you disagreed with your manager. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Relationship Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.