J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newark, DE

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on the career website, got a call the next day to set up a phone interview, I had phone interview 2 days later which lasted 10 mins, was very simple, why jp morgan? work experience? tell me about your self, what sets you apart from other candidates? salary expectation. got an email 2 days later to go in for an interview the following week, that was also very enjoyable, just a conversation about my strengths & weaknesses, how i handled stressful situation, and my career goals. most behavioral questions.

Interview Question – One thing I hated most about my previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, the process was very smooth, and enjoyable. There wasn't really anything particularly unexpected. The first communication I received was an email requesting a time to set up a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, the person interviewing me invited me in for an in person interview and emailed me some helpful hints. Again, there wasn't really anything out of the ordinary in the in person part. Two people interviewed me, and both were very pleasant. All of the questions are in the S.T.A.R. Format, meaning Situation, Task, Action, Result. So, "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer," and other similar questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when something went very wrong, and you were the one held responsible.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – pretty much standard. one presentation and followed by 5 individual face to face interview. not too hard. prepare for the presentation, which is far more important than others

Interview Question – presentation and they asked a lot of things   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter. Asked for the schedule for a short talk, but never heard anything further...

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details – First phone interview with HR and then second interview with HM. Final on-site interview with VP and AVPs.

Interview Question – No difficult questions during on-site interview. But keep asking you to ask questions back.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview for a risk analyst position. The job is based in Wilmington Delaware. They have a huge credit card branch operating there. I was interviewed by a hiring manager, who is an Indian. He is very very nice and gave me a detailed description of the this position. This position is very technical. I think they tend to look for people with strong statistical background and a good experience in SAS (Chase is kinda crazy about SAS). He asked me an open-ended question about how merge tables in SAS. No wrong or right. He also ask a behavior question. Generally, it's a nice experience for me.

Interview Question – How to merge two datasets in SAS?
What role do you see yourself on a team?
  Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via online. Received a phone call from a recruiter the very next day and wanted to tell me more about the position and if I wanted to continue with the process. They scheduled an interview and within a week I was interviewed and set to begin for training.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation, when you had to report a co-worker for violating the company's values?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation needed, compensation for this position is quite well.

Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2008.

Interview Details – Submit application online; the recruiter of the company does the initial screening over the phone; if passing the recruiter's phone interview, will be invited for an on site interview: usually the onsite interview will be meeting with the hiring manager and 3-4 future colleagues.

Interview Question – What is the most challenging projects you have ever done? What was the challenge and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation room for fresh graduate

Westerville, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – The process was a little long but the wait was worth working for a great environment

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – i cant recall anything special for the interview. I started by presenting myself and detail my experience. Then I was asked some basic financial questions and tested on my developing skills.

Interview Question – problems about conditional probabilities   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Risk Analyst interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.