J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Face to face interview, AC, I am still waiting for coming AC, will update soon after I finish it. two interviewer in the first round interview, general questions, no specific tech, people in JP looks so nice and very enjoyable interview experience.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

referred by an alum and applied online. first contacted by HM but it was more like a pre-screening (no behavioral questions at all) and then forwarded to an AVP one day after for a phone interview focusing on SAS, according to the HM. the AVP was an Indian and had strong accent so he was a bit hard to understand, but he acted very nice and patient throughout the interview, though he was late for more than 10 minutes. He asked me about two projects on my resume with open-ended questions, i.e. you used the term "model fitting" in your first project and tell me what it is, AND you say you know logistic regression so tell me a little about logistic regression. For the LR question at first he clearly said he wanted to hear concepts so I started talking about equations and concepts, but before long he stopped me and said he didn't expect me giving lectures. So I asked whether he wanted me to incorporate concepts in the context of projects but he didn't respond so there was an awkward silence. So I proceeded and talked about the response variable I used and why, 4 predictors, partitioning, and the Data Mining tool I used, etc. Then he asked about model evaluation. When I finished, again he didn't make any sound for a long time, even after i hello-ed him once since I really thought I lost connection or what. All of a sudden he said "Excellent" and started introducing the department and the role. He said he'd finished all his questions and there was the atmosphere to put it an end then he started asking if i had SAS experience (I really have the feeling that he already forgot that part but all of sudden he remembered). Honestly I was surprised because 1) that should be the primary purpose of the interview and Chase is known for its "craziness" about SAS, and 2) I have SAS all over my resume and on top of it I say I have SAS certificates. Especially when I mentioned that I have SAS certificates on my resume he acted as if it was the first he ever noticed that. I was able to answer one of his two questions and he said I shouldn't worry about the second one because it was not important. What disappointed me is today someone I know in his group says he evaluated me bad because he thinks I wasn't prepared at all especially regarding my resume. Explicitly he says that I wasn't familiar with my own resume, and I wasn't able to tell enough about 4 predictors I used in LR so it was a sign that I don't know the project well. What else can I say? You may say I'm not prepared in SAS but in my own resume? Seriously? And never has he ever shown any interest in those 4 predictors after I mentioned them, so I figured maybe even if I said enough about them he would've found other excuses to turn me down.

Interview Questions
    • SAS- if you have a data set of 1000 obs and 2 columns, fist being lengths (?) and second being RGB color. first how can you tell whether lengths are unique to colors and second how can you tell what length corresponding to what color (I wasn't sure about the second question because honestly his accent stopped me from comprehending it. I've tried a few times rephrasing and clarifying it but I failed)   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interested with a VP and 2 managers at a round table. Standard situational questions in which most began with, "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were given an assignment with an impossible deadline and how to you meet it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

I applied on the career website, got a call the next day to set up a phone interview, I had phone interview 2 days later which lasted 10 mins, was very simple, why jp morgan? work experience? tell me about your self, what sets you apart from other candidates? salary expectation. got an email 2 days later to go in for an interview the following week, that was also very enjoyable, just a conversation about my strengths & weaknesses, how i handled stressful situation, and my career goals. most behavioral questions.

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Overall, the process was very smooth, and enjoyable. There wasn't really anything particularly unexpected. The first communication I received was an email requesting a time to set up a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, the person interviewing me invited me in for an in person interview and emailed me some helpful hints. Again, there wasn't really anything out of the ordinary in the in person part. Two people interviewed me, and both were very pleasant. All of the questions are in the S.T.A.R. Format, meaning Situation, Task, Action, Result. So, "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer," and other similar questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when something went very wrong, and you were the one held responsible.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

pretty much standard. one presentation and followed by 5 individual face to face interview. not too hard. prepare for the presentation, which is far more important than others

Risk Analyst Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Asked for the schedule for a short talk, but never heard anything further...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

First phone interview with HR and then second interview with HM. Final on-site interview with VP and AVPs.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions during on-site interview. But keep asking you to ask questions back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

It was a phone interview for a risk analyst position. The job is based in Wilmington Delaware. They have a huge credit card branch operating there. I was interviewed by a hiring manager, who is an Indian. He is very very nice and gave me a detailed description of the this position. This position is very technical. I think they tend to look for people with strong statistical background and a good experience in SAS (Chase is kinda crazy about SAS). He asked me an open-ended question about how merge tables in SAS. No wrong or right. He also ask a behavior question. Generally, it's a nice experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • How to merge two datasets in SAS?
      What role do you see yourself on a team?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied for the position via online. Received a phone call from a recruiter the very next day and wanted to tell me more about the position and if I wanted to continue with the process. They scheduled an interview and within a week I was interviewed and set to begin for training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation, when you had to report a co-worker for violating the company's values?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation needed, compensation for this position is quite well.