J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – HR very prompt, applied online, was contacted within 1 week. Consisted of 3 phone interviews and then a super-day (5 interviews on-site). Decision to extend me an offer was made within 3 days. Questions mostly fit based, a couple brainteasers, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me three strengths and three weaknesses, and give examples   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – First interview with BB, or rather in IBD industry. Wasn't expecting it to be so technical. Standard tell me about yourself, strengths/weakness, then asked if you follow the markets - i said yes, do you think (index in the market you follow) will go up or down tomorrow? Why? Pitch me a stock.

Interview Question – Extended discussion about the crisis with Greece.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – HR emails you confirming a phone interview. Then you get a 1 on 1. It was nerve wracking for me as it was my first big time interview. The interviewer asked me only two behavioral questions, the rest were quite technical and theoretical based. Asked me about the markets, asked me tricky probability questions, rapid fire succession. He didn't ask if I had any questions for him, and was very rude at the end.

Interview Question – What direction is the market headed? Bear or bull do you feel?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!