J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

2.8

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Was scheduled in for a phone interview. From my understanding there was 2 phone interviews then a in person interview. You had to make it pass the first two get in person. The first interview was all technical questions. The only thing he asked outside of technical questions was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • A drop of water grows in a pond every second, it takes 60 seconds to fill the pond. How long does it take to fill 1/4 the ponds?   View Answers (2)

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

2 / 3 rounds phone interview each round 2 - 3 analysts / associates; then final VC interview with 3 directors / VPs
    usually 15/20 min of behavioral + 15/20 min of tech (standard corp fin / accounting questions)
    most of them are very nice + busy so they won't bother you with crazy questions

Interview Questions
    • answer a tech question in another language. not prepared for that   Answer Question

Commercial Client Banking Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

During my first round interview I went through a 30 minute interview with 2 VPs. The superday consisted of 5 30 minute interviews.

Be prepared for technical questions and to speak about your knowledge of the financial markets and industry, if you don't have much experience in finance, make sure that you study the 3 financial statements well and that you know how to answer basic technical questions. Overall, I'd say that the interview is as much behavioral as it is technical. Also, make sure you understand the job description, CCB can be a bit confusing since different JPM group seem to describe the division differently

Interview Questions
    • A few medium level technical questions and behavioral case questions. They want to know how you would react or respond to an unexpected problem.   Answer Question

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had a first round interview for summer analyst. It was mostly fit questions, really nice people

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

went throw 1 phone interview and 1 face to face with the BM and DM, very easy and regular questions

Interview Questions
    • a lot of questions about sales like ' sell me this pen'   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

I had only one interview. Some people had up to 3 interviews for the same position (phone with recruiter, in person with branch manager, in person with district manager). I only met the district manager.

They asked pretty basic questions about my work experience and college. They also wanted me to roleplay a couple of times as if I was a banker, mainly to see how I would interact with a customer and what my basic sales skills were.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to roleplay calling a customer to schedule a phone interview. Honestly, it was pretty easy, but I hadn't prepared for it specifically.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate. They simply hire too many people and have way too many applicants. You might have more success if you're coming with banking experience; I had none.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online and took some sort of personality test. From what I heard most people are actually weeded out through this test. Got a call about an interview about a week later. Went to the interview and filled out a packet of questions first, then met with the branch manager. Talked for a little while and she was somewhat interested in my random skills on my resume. Eventually it came to training days which were a bit of a problem for me since I had school.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is your greatest weakness   View Answer

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Super Saturday consisted of six interviews with about ten to twelve people, analyst up to managing directors. Most of the questions were fit with very few technical questions. At the end of the day it is whether they find a connection to you over the next interviewer and if were attended their school.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Quick. Questions are easy. One on one for this position. Easy to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you've had and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    No nefotiation. They don't want to tell you how much you'll make untill it's too late.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Applied in online. There were test that we had to pass. There are math questions as well. After a few days later, I was contacted by the HR. Then I had a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview, I was scheduled to see one of the managers in the branch. When I had an interview with one of managers, I was also interviewed with area manager.

Interview Questions
    I was simply told how much and I accepted.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!