J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2 / 3 rounds phone interview each round 2 - 3 analysts / associates; then final VC interview with 3 directors / VPs
usually 15/20 min of behavioral + 15/20 min of tech (standard corp fin / accounting questions)
most of them are very nice + busy so they won't bother you with crazy questions

Interview Question – answer a tech question in another language. not prepared for that   Answer Question

Commercial Client Banking Summer Internship Interview

Commercial Client Banking Summer Internship
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details – During my first round interview I went through a 30 minute interview with 2 VPs. The superday consisted of 5 30 minute interviews.

Be prepared for technical questions and to speak about your knowledge of the financial markets and industry, if you don't have much experience in finance, make sure that you study the 3 financial statements well and that you know how to answer basic technical questions. Overall, I'd say that the interview is as much behavioral as it is technical. Also, make sure you understand the job description, CCB can be a bit confusing since different JPM group seem to describe the division differently

Interview Question – A few medium level technical questions and behavioral case questions. They want to know how you would react or respond to an unexpected problem.   Answer Question

Private Banking Interview

Private Banking
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I had a first round interview for summer analyst. It was mostly fit questions, really nice people

Interview Question – What do you know about the market?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview Details – went throw 1 phone interview and 1 face to face with the BM and DM, very easy and regular questions

Interview Question – a lot of questions about sales like ' sell me this pen'   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had only one interview. Some people had up to 3 interviews for the same position (phone with recruiter, in person with branch manager, in person with district manager). I only met the district manager.

They asked pretty basic questions about my work experience and college. They also wanted me to roleplay a couple of times as if I was a banker, mainly to see how I would interact with a customer and what my basic sales skills were.

Interview Question – They wanted to roleplay calling a customer to schedule a phone interview. Honestly, it was pretty easy, but I hadn't prepared for it specifically.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. They simply hire too many people and have way too many applicants. You might have more success if you're coming with banking experience; I had none.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Applied online and took some sort of personality test. From what I heard most people are actually weeded out through this test. Got a call about an interview about a week later. Went to the interview and filled out a packet of questions first, then met with the branch manager. Talked for a little while and she was somewhat interested in my random skills on my resume. Eventually it came to training days which were a bit of a problem for me since I had school.

Interview Question – What would you say is your greatest weakness   View Answer

Private Banking Interview

Private Banking
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – Super Saturday consisted of six interviews with about ten to twelve people, analyst up to managing directors. Most of the questions were fit with very few technical questions. At the end of the day it is whether they find a connection to you over the next interviewer and if were attended their school.

Interview Question – What are your three biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Interview Details – Quick. Questions are easy. One on one for this position. Easy to get hired.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you've had and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No nefotiation. They don't want to tell you how much you'll make untill it's too late.

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied in online. There were test that we had to pass. There are math questions as well. After a few days later, I was contacted by the HR. Then I had a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview, I was scheduled to see one of the managers in the branch. When I had an interview with one of managers, I was also interviewed with area manager.

Interview Question – There is nothing difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was simply told how much and I accepted.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – Mainly behavior questions with some analysis on financial statements including EBITDA margins, operating margins, net income, and others. Individuals were very kind and willing to help if you didn't understand their question completely. Got a call back one day later.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.