J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Analyst Interview

Digital Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online after employee referral. Initial HR interview followed by multiple interviews on phone with managers and then an in person interview with 5 members of the team. The process itself took about 2 months but HR was very slow in responding and follow ups. The HR only responded after multiple follow ups. Internally, the review process takes a long time.

Interview Question – Standard questions about past experiences. Hard to gauge the requirements of the job so please ask questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Less room for negotiation. Salary an benefits are above par to the industry

Private Wealth Management Internship Interview

Private Wealth Management Internship
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – You apply online in around November or so. If they like your resume, you'll get a phone call or e-mail to notify you for beginning interviews. If you do well in your interviews, they'll bring approx the top 2% of all applicants to the final round interviews. The final round interviews push you into 4-5 interviews with multiple people in each interview.

Interview Question – If you were a trader and were the only person who could trade on 9/11/2001, what would you buy and what would you sell?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Kenmore, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 1-2 Phone Interviews
1 In-Person interview
Both the phone and in-person (1:1) interviews were low-pressure, natural and conversational tone. All my interviews were conducted by the branch manager. The in-person interview was done at the branch, which made it comfortable, and not intimidating. The questions were not overly difficult nor stressful, but rather conversational. The only drawback was that health benefits regarding family leave were not initially explained too clearly. But that was addressed and handled during the hiring process.

Interview Question – What have you done in your past to exceed a customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation offer was a firm offer from the employer, not negotiated

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with the District Manager, and one with the Branch Manager. Offer received a week later.

Interview Question – The role is an operations one, and there were sales questions as well. Being prepared for a few questions about managing a sales team is critical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as the numbers were in line with my expectation.

Teller Interview

Teller
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – Online application includes assessment of customer service and cash handling. Phone interview 3 days after submitting application. Basic questions about cash handling experience, customer services, some situational questions as how you deal with difficult customers. In-person interview with assistant branch manager and branch manager a week later. Very organized, professional people, questions involved how to handle difficult situations.

Interview Question – Why did you leave you last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – Online application, assessment of skills and aptitude for working in a highly confidential banking environment (questions are tricky and meant to trip you up...read carefully...think about prior answers), if you pass your resume is passed onto hiring manager of the branch you designate your application to, after a phone interview an in person interview with branch manager, then hiring decision is made.

Interview Question – Very easy in person interview questions if you have any customer service experience. If you have experience handling confidential matters the easier the interview will be.   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Interview
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was great. Got a call from the recruiter then met with a dm. After our meeting she referred me to a branch manager. Interviewed with the branch manager and within hours received an offer.

Interview Question – N/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the two managers. They were very nice and enjoyable to speak with.
Questions were: why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.

Interview Question – why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

Relationship Associate Interview

Relationship Associate
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had two relationship managers asking me the typical behavior questions to see your thought process! However, I wasn't well prepared and stumbled on a few of the questions. Advice: be prepared for these questions.

Interview Question – What do you want to work of this Company?   View Answer

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Private Banking Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details – Great interview with an analyst--more of a conversation/get to know you experience. Asked basic background questions, talked about analyst training, and discussed the hiring process.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.