J.P. Morgan

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.7

Private Wealth Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

You apply online in around November or so. If they like your resume, you'll get a phone call or e-mail to notify you for beginning interviews. If you do well in your interviews, they'll bring approx the top 2% of all applicants to the final round interviews. The final round interviews push you into 4-5 interviews with multiple people in each interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a trader and were the only person who could trade on 9/11/2001, what would you buy and what would you sell?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenmore, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenmore, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1-2 Phone Interviews
    1 In-Person interview
    Both the phone and in-person (1:1) interviews were low-pressure, natural and conversational tone. All my interviews were conducted by the branch manager. The in-person interview was done at the branch, which made it comfortable, and not intimidating. The questions were not overly difficult nor stressful, but rather conversational. The only drawback was that health benefits regarding family leave were not initially explained too clearly. But that was addressed and handled during the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your past to exceed a customer's expectations?   Answer Question
    The compensation offer was a firm offer from the employer, not negotiated

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Two interviews, one with the District Manager, and one with the Branch Manager. Offer received a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The role is an operations one, and there were sales questions as well. Being prepared for a few questions about managing a sales team is critical.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate as the numbers were in line with my expectation.

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

One main interview followed by submitting details of your current production. You'll have first meeting with market director and please go with production reports, tax returns, awards, ranking in the company, etc. You will need to provide him/her with copies of everything so that he can go to his boss and formally present you as a candidate. If everyone like everyone, you'll get an offer and begin the background check + on-boarding. It takes several weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out as being difficult or unexpected. The manager was very courteous, respectful, and thoughtful.   Answer Question
    Be prepared to prove successful production in current position.

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Applied online after employee referral. Initial HR interview followed by multiple interviews on phone with managers and then an in person interview with 5 members of the team. The process itself took about 2 months but HR was very slow in responding and follow ups. The HR only responded after multiple follow ups. Internally, the review process takes a long time.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about past experiences. Hard to gauge the requirements of the job so please ask questions   Answer Question
    Less room for negotiation. Salary an benefits are above par to the industry

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interviewed with the two managers. They were very nice and enjoyable to speak with.
    Questions were: why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.

Interview Questions
    • why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.   Answer Question

Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I had two relationship managers asking me the typical behavior questions to see your thought process! However, I wasn't well prepared and stumbled on a few of the questions. Advice: be prepared for these questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to work of this Company?   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Online application includes assessment of customer service and cash handling. Phone interview 3 days after submitting application. Basic questions about cash handling experience, customer services, some situational questions as how you deal with difficult customers. In-person interview with assistant branch manager and branch manager a week later. Very organized, professional people, questions involved how to handle difficult situations.

I did not negotiate.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Online application, assessment of skills and aptitude for working in a highly confidential banking environment (questions are tricky and meant to trip you up...read carefully...think about prior answers), if you pass your resume is passed onto hiring manager of the branch you designate your application to, after a phone interview an in person interview with branch manager, then hiring decision is made.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy in person interview questions if you have any customer service experience. If you have experience handling confidential matters the easier the interview will be.   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview was great. Got a call from the recruiter then met with a dm. After our meeting she referred me to a branch manager. Interviewed with the branch manager and within hours received an offer.

None